Mizuno MP-22

joeymack14

17 hours ago, cyr67 said:

Just following up on my OG comments about the sole on the 223, and in relation to the posts above. These are comparison pics. Left to right is: 223, 225, Titleist T100.

Interestingly the 223 has a wider sole than the 225, (but the top line is slightly thinner than the 225.) The T100 is different gravy. (All 3 were demo heads.)

IMG_0042.JPG

Can you tell me if the T100 has the longest blade length out of those 3?

looks like it from that picture 

TM Sim 9° Ventus black 6x
TM '17 M2 3 wood Kuro Kage 70tx

3-p Mizuno Jpx 900 tour DGT x100

Vokey SM8 50.08°F grind DGT x100

Vokey SM8 56.08°M grind DGT S400

Vokey SM8 60.08°M grind DGT S400

Cameron Tei3 Newport 

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmean

7 hours ago, Str8Putt said:

When will TXG and others finally get to show them and videos?

Mid November?

More like early To mid December. 

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2

:smilie_titty: TSi1   9.0 Aldila Ascent 40g 
:smilie_titty: TSi2 16.5 FW GD IZ5

:smilie_titty:TSi1 20 & 23 Hybrid Aldial Ascent 50g
:smilie_titty:2021 T300 5-P Tensei Red R Flex
Vokey SM 8 46/54/58 

PING Tyne 4 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

8 minutes ago, river11 said:

why is there so little info on this on youtube? I woulda thought content creators would be making videos on the asian market's clubs by now. I'm new to this whole process do they not make content like that until Mizuno gives them a club with their blessing?

Embargo and/or demo club availabilty.

If you can't wait you'll have to rely on the auto translate function on youtube, assuming you don't speak japanese.

0# Mizuno M-craft I KBS one step

1# Mizuno STG Ventus black 6TX

2# Mizuno MP20 HMB Ventus black 10TX

3-5# Mizuno MP20 HMB KBS $ taper 130x hardstepped

6-9# Mizuno MP20 MB KBS $ taper 130x

10-13# Mizuno T22 KBS $ taper 130x softstepped

Bridgestone tour b x

The grip master roo midsize/paddle

16 minutes ago, river11 said:

why is there so little info on this on youtube? I woulda thought content creators would be making videos on the asian market's clubs by now. I'm new to this whole process do they not make content like that until Mizuno gives them a club with their blessing?

Mizuno establishes Embargo dates.  Sometime they are the same worldwide and sometimes they differ depending on The companies desire.  Embargo for the US and Europe is December.   So you won’t see anything on the YT channels in those areas until then. 

• Like 1

Vokey SM 8 46/54/58 

PING Tyne 4 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

6 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Mizuno establishes Embargo dates.  Sometime they are the same worldwide and sometimes they differ depending on The companies desire.  Embargo for the US and Europe is December.   So you won’t see anything on the YT channels in those areas until then. 

Marketing departments suck almost as much as legal departments. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 10.25* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 15* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 18* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Blue

Mizuno MP-20 MMC, 4 - PW ~ KBS $-Taper 120

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST Pured

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST Pured

Scotty Special Select Newport 2.5

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 ball

4 minutes ago, bobfoster said:

Marketing departments suck almost as much as legal departments. 🤣

Ha ha.  That’s Cold!  Possibly true….but cold 😂

Vokey SM 8 46/54/58 

PING Tyne 4 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

1 minute ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Ha ha.  That’s Cold!  Possibly true….but cold 😂

Marketing people are filled with their own importance. They believe the roll-out campaign is a make or break thing. They are the center of the universe. Impose blackouts! "Control the message". (I run a company and have some marketing people - useful, but they have to be kept in handcuffs.)

With some products? Yes. With Mizuno irons? No. The marketing department giving, or withholding information is pretty much meaningless. The guys that like Mizuno, like Mizuno. It isn't clubs, it is a flipping cult (good grief, we are now on page 46 of talking about the 221, 223, and 225 - that's a far longer thread than most PGA tourneys get). 

What will matter is the people that try them. And either give a thumbs up or thumbs down. The Mizuno Cult isn't weekenders. They are golfers. And releasing some YouTube video this month instead of next months will have absolutely nothing to do with how they sell (much to the dismay of the marketing people). What will matter is how they play. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Pretty dumb embargo date IMO. They've shown them on the US social media. 

They're the same club and stampings this time around for the US and Europe. They released them overseas in October pretty much 2 months before they're released in the states. Should at least let US content creators film and show them.

At the end of the day they're a blade iron. Not like it's a new never been seen Playstation/XBox 

Edited by Str8Putt

yeah esp the way mizuno is as opposed to taylormade. Marketing has a smaller influence, but who knows. It's not like it hurts their chances with their target demographic to do this.

No one cares enough to get their hands on an asian one and do a review? I just get fixated. I need to forget about it and remember in december or else ill be checking this thread every day until then

Also, is there a noticeable price drop in older models when the new one releases? Is it gradual or no

Edited by river11

6 hours ago, Str8Putt said:

Pretty dumb embargo date IMO. They've shown them on the US social media. 

They're the same club and stampings this time around for the US and Europe. They released them overseas in October pretty much 2 months before they're released in the states. Should at least let US content creators film and show them.

At the end of the day they're a blade iron. Not like it's a new never been seen Playstation/XBox 

I tend to agree. It’s a different media time nowadays.  Everyone has a video camera in their had 16 hours a day.  So unless you kept all info in a vault in R&D it’s going to get out.  You might as well get ahead of the game and control the message and images that are out there as opposed to trying to put bumble gum in a damn leak.   

I can understand having some definite reasons for releasing for sale in Q1 vs Q4.  But for example Cobra typically announces stuff in the fall and not have it released until Feb.  So at least you will know what’s coming. 

5 hours ago, river11 said:

yeah esp the way mizuno is as opposed to taylormade. Marketing has a smaller influence, but who knows. It's not like it hurts their chances with their target demographic to do this.

No one cares enough to get their hands on an asian one and do a review? I just get fixated. I need to forget about it and remember in december or else ill be checking this thread every day until then

Also, is there a noticeable price drop in older models when the new one releases? Is it gradual or no

As for price Last year (2020) Mizuno dropped JPX919 prices in May for a August release.   But some models such as Forged were already sold out snd you couldn’t order them at that point. 

If they hold to that, you could see remaining MP Models drop in November. 

Vokey SM 8 46/54/58 

PING Tyne 4 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

51 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

As for price Last year (2020) Mizuno dropped JPX919 prices in May for a August release.   But some models such as Forged were already sold out snd you couldn’t order them at that point. 

You won't see any discounts on the MP line because they have been sold out for months.

May 2020 was right as the covid golf boom started. You could still customize a 919 set at that time, they sold out in weeks. Mizuno stopped customized sets of the MP20's in the summer because they were already out of heads.

Different times.

• Like 2

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5° - Fuji Speeder 569 IV

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3W - Fuji Speeder 661 IV

Mizuno JPX 900 5W - Fuji Speeder 661 II

Mizuno CLK 22° - Fuji Speeder HB

Mizuno MP-68 (4-PW) - DG S300

Mizuno S18 52°/9°

Mizuno S18 58°/8°

Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

20 minutes ago, lefty1978 said:

You won't see any discounts on the MP line because they have been sold out for months.

May 2020 was right as the covid golf boom started. You could still customize a 919 set at that time, they sold out in weeks. Mizuno stopped customized sets of the MP20's in the summer because they were already out of heads.

Different times.

I'm sure you're right.  We haven't tried to order any irons from them since early in the summer, other than a single HMB 4 iron.   Because of the availability of them.   Definitely different times than the beginning of the pandemic, you are correct. 

Vokey SM 8 46/54/58 

PING Tyne 4 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

17 minutes ago, gators78 said:

Has there been any detail published around the differences from the MP20 MBs and the 221s? I've seen slightly smaller scoring clubs and a note they launch a bit lower, really curious if they've done anything with CG or sole grinds.

Haven't seen anything, but I find it interesting that they went back to a centralized muscle design. I'm not sure how the MPF CG is measured, but it's interesting that with all of that weight moved toeside on the MP20, the CDIM on it was actually "worse" than MP4, MP5, and MP18. Anecdotally, I have a set of MP4 and find them just as, if not more forgiving than MP20. 

https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/MPF_MIZUNO.pdf

Edited by TigerInTheWoods

Taylormade Sim2 8* Ventus Black 6x

Taylormade Sim Rocket 14* Ventus Black 7x

Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x (Gamer) | Callaway TC Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X (Gamer)

Srixon Z-Forged 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 

Vokey JDM Forged 50F (@51*), SM8 56D (@55*), Tour Issue TVD 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 35" 

Srixon Z Star XV 

Vessel Players 3.0 14

30 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Haven't seen anything, but I find it interesting that they went back to a centralized muscle design. I'm not sure how the MPF CG is measured, but it's interesting that with all of that weight moved toeside on the MP20, the CDIM on it was actually "worse" than MP4, MP5, and MP18. Anecdotally, I have a set of MP4 and find them just as, if not more forgiving than MP20. 

https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/MPF_MIZUNO.pdf

Piggybacking on this - same question for 225 vs MP-20 HMB.  Seems like they are intended to be pretty similar but as someone who was ready to pull the trigger on the HMBs I'm trying to determine if I should wait and demo the 225.  A little concerned that the HMB won't be easy to come by in Q1 2022.

Im not really impressed with these new mizuno irons. We all know they will feel pretty good but imo they look wayy sub par from the mp 20 and 21 releases. The only ok one to me are the 221. If you allready have hmb or mmc which i have mmc mp 20... id say skip this release. I also think the feb release time is to give themselves a break... pretty sure they have been overloaded with orders since january 2020. This helps them catch up probably.

11 hours ago, river11 said:

Oh I'm sure places like TXG and other influencers could get a set and review them but it's going to cost them from getting any further demo clubs and sponsorships...

No a random golfer like me and if I had a channel but wasn't in the top like TXG,Rick, Peter and others could order a set and review them. Probably would get plenty of views 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I tend to agree. It’s a different media time nowadays.  Everyone has a video camera in their had 16 hours a day.  So unless you kept all info in a vault in R&D it’s going to get out.  You might as well get ahead of the game and control the message and images that are out there as opposed to trying to put bumble gum in a damn leak.   

I can understand having some definite reasons for releasing for sale in Q1 vs Q4.  But for example Cobra typically announces stuff in the fall and not have it released until Feb.  So at least you will know what’s coming. 

Yeah I can see why you'd release for sales figures but think it's pretty dumb not to let the top content creators review them, so what if it's a few months. I have to wait anyway..at least give me a few videos to start watching now, especially since they're the exact same and already being released in Asian markets.

The T100/T200 seem to be pretty dang popular, you'd think Mizuno would want people to save their money and buy their irons. If Titleist had released those 621/681 pictured in the the thread last week instead of the T100/T200. I'd probably have ordered those instead haha

• Like 1

I asked on an IG page (can’t remember which) and asked them to compare 223 to MP-20 MMC. They said it’s slightly smaller. By that I’m guessing heel to toe and height might be smaller but the sole width is wider.

The Miura TC-201 & CB-301 have the same sole widths but the TC-201 is smaller heel to toe and smaller top to bottom. 

The video with Keith Mitchell the lower flight seemed to be the focus. I’d actually prefer that but I’ve been loving my MP-20s.

From the photos I like the look of the 223 over the MMC personally.

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist 818 H2 19* Ventus Black 10-TX 
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 Raw 47-07 PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 52-08F/56-10S/60-04L PX 6.5/6.0/6.0
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol 1.0

ProV1x- or ProV1x

7 hours ago, iNeedMoreGolf said:

Im not really impressed with these new mizuno irons. We all know they will feel pretty good but imo they look wayy sub par from the mp 20 and 21 releases. The only ok one to me are the 221. If you allready have hmb or mmc which i have mmc mp 20... id say skip this release. I also think the feb release time is to give themselves a break... pretty sure they have been overloaded with orders since january 2020. This helps them catch up probably.

I'm playing the MMCs - and actually love them (took a little while to get used to them though). But am certainly going to at least hit the 223s when they finally hit the stores. Why would you want to skip a release before you've tried them? 

56 minutes ago, bobfoster said:

I'm playing the MMCs - and actually love them (took a little while to get used to them though). But am certainly going to at least hit the 223s when they finally hit the stores. Why would you want to skip a release before you've tried them? 

In my mind i allways want the newest clubs to look great to me 1st and then if they perform great then great if not then thats a no go even if it looks perfect. I cannot play ugly clubs i just cant. I need to feel great about my clubs look. Its a look great feel great thing. I feel this offering doesnt look as good as the mp20 or jpx 21. I highly doubt they preform any better either... even if they did probably not by much. So thats my thoughts on it.