Jump to content

Mizuno MP-22


joeymack14

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Holy s*** - how fast were you swinging that? Easy to launch ? 

Super easy to launch. The face has a fairway wood face and the ball comes off hot. You can really feel it. Not sure of speed but I am about 120-123 with a driver.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would pull the trigger but waiting for one Golfwrx’er to post thoughts on comparing the 225s and 921 HMP. I’m concerned with all the talk about the heads being smaller than the MP20 HMB. The 921 HMPs are near perfect but I love the muscle back look of the 225s.  Here’s hoping.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh great and here I thought my bag of new sticks next year was going to be an easy and simple choice 223s through the bag:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • CLK 3H
  • 223 4
  • 223 5
  • 223 6
  • 223 7
  • 223 8
  • 223 9
  • 223 w
  • 223 g
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Now I've got the Fli His on the brain and considering a FH / 225 / 221 blended set:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • FliHi 3
  • FliHi 4
  • 225 5
  • 225 6
  • 225 7
  • 221 8
  • 221 9
  • 221 w
  • t-22 50
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Oh what a marvelous dilemma.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Amazing numbers - how does it feel? Older models were not awesome, IMO...

Feel very very good. Very lively.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

What degree? How far do you carry your 3 wood?

This is 21.5 I carry my 3 wood 280ish.

  • Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cyr67 said:

Do the 221's and 225's have the same finish? The 221's look chrome, and the 225's brushed. How big of a contrast is that? I'm also thinking of a 221/225 combo. 

I think they blend extremely well. I didn’t lol close at the finish. But I recall them being the same or close enough to call it the same. I think the 223 is the most different in finish. I think the foresaw people blending the 225 and 221 so the matched them closely.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mashume said:

Oh great and here I thought my bag of new sticks next year was going to be an easy and simple choice 223s through the bag:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • CLK 3H
  • 223 4
  • 223 5
  • 223 6
  • 223 7
  • 223 8
  • 223 9
  • 223 w
  • 223 g
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Now I've got the Fli His on the brain and considering a FH / 225 / 221 blended set:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • FliHi 3
  • FliHi 4
  • 225 5
  • 225 6
  • 225 7
  • 221 8
  • 221 9
  • 221 w
  • t-22 50
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Oh what a marvelous dilemma.

That's some good stuff right there

  • Thanks 1

0# Mizuno M-craft I KBS one step

1# Mizuno STG Ventus black 6TX

2# Mizuno MP20 HMB Ventus black 10TX

3-5# Mizuno MP20 HMB KBS $ taper 130x hardstepped

6-9# Mizuno MP20 MB KBS $ taper 130x

10-13# Mizuno T22 KBS $ taper 130x softstepped

 

Bridgestone tour b x

 

The grip master roo midsize/paddle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mashume said:

Oh great and here I thought my bag of new sticks next year was going to be an easy and simple choice 223s through the bag:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • CLK 3H
  • 223 4
  • 223 5
  • 223 6
  • 223 7
  • 223 8
  • 223 9
  • 223 w
  • 223 g
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Now I've got the Fli His on the brain and considering a FH / 225 / 221 blended set:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • FliHi 3
  • FliHi 4
  • 225 5
  • 225 6
  • 225 7
  • 221 8
  • 221 9
  • 221 w
  • t-22 50
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Oh what a marvelous dilemma.


This combo looks awesome… 

I’ll definitely consider a similar combo! 
 

But I’m a bit scared about the 221 in the 8-PW if I find the center of the face 😄 

 

But will also definitely try the metalwoods from Mizuno! 
 

Wedges are clear, T22 looks insane. I had recently a fitting for some Vokey SM8 but due to the long delivery times I didn’t ordered them… let’s see how the T22s feels! 
 

cheers

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mavrix said:


This combo looks awesome… 

I’ll definitely consider a similar combo! 
 

But I’m a bit scared about the 221 in the 8-PW if I find the center of the face 😄 

 

But will also definitely try the metalwoods from Mizuno! 
 

Wedges are clear, T22 looks insane. I had recently a fitting for some Vokey SM8 but due to the long delivery times I didn’t ordered them… let’s see how the T22s feels! 
 

cheers

The new 3 wood is going to be all titanium. That’s going to be new..

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Whatnogarnish said:


3-7 woods this time around too?

Yep. 7 wood is a thing. 

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Whatnogarnish said:


3-7 woods this time around too?

Yes but the 7 wood is an STX model, which makes me worry that it will be too draw biased.

Mizuno Stg 220 / Rdx Black

Mizuno Stz 3w 5w / Rdx Black

Mizuno Pro 225 5-G / Project X ⌛

Miura Milled 52 56 60 / Project X

Mizuno M-Craft VI / Titleist Pro V1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next Wednesday demo heads with hit shops.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mashume said:

Oh great and here I thought my bag of new sticks next year was going to be an easy and simple choice 223s through the bag:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • CLK 3H
  • 223 4
  • 223 5
  • 223 6
  • 223 7
  • 223 8
  • 223 9
  • 223 w
  • 223 g
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Now I've got the Fli His on the brain and considering a FH / 225 / 221 blended set:

  • ST-G 220
  • ST-Z 3W
  • FliHi 3
  • FliHi 4
  • 225 5
  • 225 6
  • 225 7
  • 221 8
  • 221 9
  • 221 w
  • t-22 50
  • t-22 54 high bounce
  • t-22 58 x

Oh what a marvelous dilemma.

Best looking and sitting hybrids.shorter lengths not chasing distance.

 

180$  app here in Thailand

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So my thoughts after 2 hours with Mizuno rep on the range. 

 

Hit all the new MP line and they look even better in person and predictably felt and performed beautifully. However, not much difference between my MP 20 MMCs so I'm sticking with those. 

 

I also play a HL ST190 driver, which I love. But I know my spin rate is way too high and I'm losing distance. I was getting an average of 3600 with current setup.

 

I hit the new ST driver with multiple shafts and we were able to get my spin down by almost 1000 on average.  That increased my carry by an average of 20 yards and I'm sure my roll out will improve a bunch as well. 

 

So I will be ordering a new ST driver with Fujikura Motore X shaft. 

 

 

Edited by aquapig
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what other things are new in the list here:

 

https://mizunogolf.com/us/custom-fit/custom-specs/

 

but I noticed that Mizuno has included these for irons and wedges.

 

UST MAMIYA RECOIL ESX GRAPHITE

 

in the list of available shafts. I think I'll still go with the recoil 95s, but its good to see some more options.  If only they had the UST Wedge shafts too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, aquapig said:

So my thoughts after 2 hours with Mizuno rep on the range. 

 

Hit all the new MP line and they look even better in person and predictably felt and performed beautifully. However, not much difference between my MP 20 MMCs so I'm sticking with those. 

 

I also play a HL ST190 driver, which I love. But I know my spin rate is way too high and I'm losing distance. I was getting an average of 3600 with current setup.

 

I hit the new ST driver with multiple shafts and we were able to get my spin down by almost 1000 on average.  That increased my carry by an average of 20 yards and I'm sure my roll out will improve a bunch as well. 

 

So I will be ordering a new ST driver with Fujikura Motore X shaft. 

 

 


 

Vosh, Product Manager with Miz, jas said that the MP 223 are smaller than the MMC.  From PicsI have seen, it is hard to see the difference.

 

do you have an opinion on whether the 223 are materially smaller in size than MMC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Foreleft said:


 

Vosh, Product Manager with Miz, jas said that the MP 223 are smaller than the MMC.  From PicsI have seen, it is hard to see the difference.

 

do you have an opinion on whether the 223 are materially smaller in size than MMC?

My rep says the 223 is smaller than the current MMC and larger than the 921 Tour throughout the set. Here’s Mizuno’s measurements. Not much in it!

42809683-9BDB-41BE-AF93-E9E4A49EC684.png

8CFC8025-2926-4A8D-A4C7-103B5669C8E1.png

EAA19D39-8A44-4C27-8429-1B182E418D20.png

10C65AE4-51BF-4AB3-A4EA-644641484526.png

F2D38F08-528C-4542-8260-6D16B9B88C6D.png

F288294D-22FC-4103-8693-A304E1E1E312.png

3D1FBD73-7BD4-4826-981B-A8193EC66261.png

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Str8Putt said:

I thought TXG was going to have a video on the MP irons today or was I mistaken

Should be their live today, but no indication of it yet. Been waiting on it myself. I don't live or die with their opinions on clubs, but I definitely want to wait on their thoughts on these before I preorder them. Some of the stuff I've seen in this thread are super promising, but again, I do want their opinions on these.

  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9° / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S, 45.25"

Srixon ZX 15° / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI, 7S, 43"

Titleist TSi2 18° / Diamana-TB Series, 42.5", 60g S

Titleist TSi2 21° 4H / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI, 85g S

Srixon ZX5 (5-6), ZX7 (7-PW) / Project X IO 6.0, soft-stepped once, 1° flat, ZX7 1° strong

Vokey SM8 Raw 50.12 F, 54.12 D, 58.12 D, 1° flat / True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

PXG Mini Gunboat / BGT Stability Tour Black / SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Titleist ProV1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Str8Putt said:

I thought TXG was going to have a video on the MP irons today or was I mistaken

 

1 minute ago, over7par said:

Should be their live today, but no indication of it yet. Been waiting on it myself. I don't live or die with their opinions on clubs, but I definitely want to wait on their thoughts on these before I preorder them. Some of the stuff I've seen in this thread are super promising, but again, I do want their opinions on these.

According to TXG YT the release date is December 9.

  • Thanks 3

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

 

According to TXG YT the release date is December 9.

Bummer. Was looking forward to it all weekend. I knew they said their live this week was going to be the new stuff, but I just assumed it was going to be Monday. Guess that old saying about assuming is correct.

 

Embargoes suck. Lol.

  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9° / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S, 45.25"

Srixon ZX 15° / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI, 7S, 43"

Titleist TSi2 18° / Diamana-TB Series, 42.5", 60g S

Titleist TSi2 21° 4H / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI, 85g S

Srixon ZX5 (5-6), ZX7 (7-PW) / Project X IO 6.0, soft-stepped once, 1° flat, ZX7 1° strong

Vokey SM8 Raw 50.12 F, 54.12 D, 58.12 D, 1° flat / True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

PXG Mini Gunboat / BGT Stability Tour Black / SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Titleist ProV1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, over7par said:

Bummer. Was looking forward to it all weekend. I knew they said their live this week was going to be the new stuff, but I just assumed it was going to be Monday. Guess that old saying about assuming is correct.

 

Embargoes suck. Lol.

I swear last week on their live they said it was Monday for Mizuno irons 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, over7par said:

Bummer. Was looking forward to it all weekend. I knew they said their live this week was going to be the new stuff, but I just assumed it was going to be Monday. Guess that old saying about assuming is correct.

 

Embargoes suck. Lol.


I guess it is due to the overall start at 9th of December… 

Here the screenshot from TXG

 

7ACCCE54-E6F6-4BFB-8EDE-EB51F0A93027.png.0586f467bb85fec9c12d2a2534ce19f5.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mavrix said:


I guess it is due to the overall start at 9th of December… 

Here the screenshot from TXG

 

7ACCCE54-E6F6-4BFB-8EDE-EB51F0A93027.png.0586f467bb85fec9c12d2a2534ce19f5.png

Well at least we know for sure when it's coming now. Appreciate it!

  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9° / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S, 45.25"

Srixon ZX 15° / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI, 7S, 43"

Titleist TSi2 18° / Diamana-TB Series, 42.5", 60g S

Titleist TSi2 21° 4H / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI, 85g S

Srixon ZX5 (5-6), ZX7 (7-PW) / Project X IO 6.0, soft-stepped once, 1° flat, ZX7 1° strong

Vokey SM8 Raw 50.12 F, 54.12 D, 58.12 D, 1° flat / True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

PXG Mini Gunboat / BGT Stability Tour Black / SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Titleist ProV1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks


×
×
  • Create New...