Mizuno MP-22

joeymack14

OK, I guess I'll stop hitting refresh on YouTube now. 😄

They definitely said last week that they were doing a live test today. But I can see now that there are no other reviews up on YouTube, so 12/9 embargo end-date makes sense.

Edited by uglande
  • Like 2

Mizuno Stg Driver Rdx 6.5

TM 300 Mini Driver Rdx 6.0

Mizuno Stz 5 Fairway Rdx 6.0

Mizuno Pro 225 5i - Gw Px 6.0

Miura Milled 52 - 56 - 60 Px 6.0

Mizuno M-Craft VI Bgt Stability

On 11/16/2021 at 10:43 AM, m_w said:

Very different sole design. I think the 785s are a slightly bigger club. I’ve only ever played the ZX7 thou. 

I think the 223s are going to offer more forgiveness and spin more. Length should be pretty close. 

i never had an issue with digging. I think the only thing I noticed in the past was how they wouldn’t exit as cleanly as I.e the T100. With the new beveled edge, I think it’s gotten better. I very much like the turf interaction of the 223s. But remember I’m only 27 holes in. I’ll make sure to provide an update if impressions change significantly once I’ve played more 

m_w, you mentioned the ZX7 above. I am waiting to test the 223 against the ZX7 before ordering. I really like the feel and performance of the ZX7. Can you compare the two? 

PING G400 9* 
Epic Flash Sub Zero 16*
Titleist 19* 
Taking applications for irons...
Vokey 51*, 56*, 60*
Scotty naked Newport

1 hour ago, WKYTrooper said:

m_w, you mentioned the ZX7 above. I am waiting to test the 223 against the ZX7 before ordering. I really like the feel and performance of the ZX7. Can you compare the two? 

Totally different sole. If you love the ZX7 sole, likely you won’t love the 223 sole and Vice versa. Feel of the ZX7 is probably a tad softer. 223 smaller blade and more forgiving, especially 7i onwards

Edited by m_w
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, m_w said:

Totally different sole. If you love the ZX7 sole, likely you won’t love the 223 sole and Vice versa. Feel of the ZX7 is probably a tad softer. 223 smaller blade and more forgiving, especially 7i onwards

Man the 223 long irons must be pretty forgiving. I find the zx7 long irons pretty easy to hit 

I havent hit the zx7 long irons. Just the 7 iron demo. Was there a notable difference in the sole width of the long irons between the two? Wondering where all the extra forgiveness is coming from.  

PING G400 9* 
Epic Flash Sub Zero 16*
Titleist 19* 
Taking applications for irons...
Vokey 51*, 56*, 60*
Scotty naked Newport

ZX7s are also in the mix for me. One of the best-reviewed irons of the past couple of years. I loved the look of the 7-iron at address but still haven't really tested them. I also don't quite understand the concept of the triangulated sole. What is that supposed to accomplish? 

This points to one of my concerns with the 223 ... the sole looks a little wide (I'm coming from MP20 blades). I like minimal turf interaction and low-ish bounce. 

Mizuno Stg Driver Rdx 6.5

TM 300 Mini Driver Rdx 6.0

Mizuno Stz 5 Fairway Rdx 6.0

Mizuno Pro 225 5i - Gw Px 6.0

Miura Milled 52 - 56 - 60 Px 6.0

Mizuno M-Craft VI Bgt Stability

On 12/5/2021 at 11:59 AM, Foreleft said:

Vosh, Product Manager with Miz, jas said that the MP 223 are smaller than the MMC.  From PicsI have seen, it is hard to see the difference.

do you have an opinion on whether the 223 are materially smaller in size than MMC?

Those are smaller than the Mmc by a decent amount and the 225 is smaller than the previous HMB by a decent amount.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

8 hours ago, over7par said:

Bummer. Was looking forward to it all weekend. I knew they said their live this week was going to be the new stuff, but I just assumed it was going to be Monday. Guess that old saying about assuming is correct.

Embargoes suck. Lol.

Even more so with this release from Mizuno since they released the clubs back in October for Asian Markets and they're the same club this time that they're releasing for the US and Europe.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 2:59 PM, Foreleft said:

Vosh, Product Manager with Miz, jas said that the MP 223 are smaller than the MMC.  From PicsI have seen, it is hard to see the difference.

do you have an opinion on whether the 223 are materially smaller in size than MMC?

Very hard to tell the difference at address. I didn't know that going to the demo, and didn't notice the at all when hitting them. 

14 hours ago, uglande said:

ZX7s are also in the mix for me. One of the best-reviewed irons of the past couple of years. I loved the look of the 7-iron at address but still haven't really tested them. I also don't quite understand the concept of the triangulated sole. What is that supposed to accomplish? 

It gets through the turf a lot better for many (not all) golfers, and not just for steep diggers either. 

23 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Those are smaller than the Mmc by a decent amount and the 225 is smaller than the previous HMB by a decent amount.

So sad to hear this. I was soooo looking forward to replacing my 921 HMP with the 225s but smaller ain’t helping this hacker. ZX5 here I come 😁

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

42 minutes ago, Heck2507 said:

Interesting you mentioned it, the first thing I thought was… those sound weird. 

Maybe the ball they were using? Even Keith mentioned they were not using his ball. 

They could be having him test the new mizuno ball that is coming as well.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

1 hour ago, Heck2507 said:

Interesting you mentioned it, the first thing I thought was… those sound weird. 

Maybe the ball they were using? Even Keith mentioned they were not using his ball. 

Don’t agree. But that’s why we are here. Maybe it’s the rest of us that aren’t used to flushing it like a Tour Pro and we have gotten used to our sound LOL

I think y'all are reaching here with the sound. head, ball, shafts, audio all affect what you hear ... Hit them. lol.

• Like 2

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps, Wannabe Novelist

• Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5 (at 9)/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft
  • Honma TR21 Fwy 3, 5 wd
  •  Ping G425 20.5 Hy/TPT Golf  or Honma TR21 4H
  • Honma TW-X 5-PW/Mitsu MMT 85g or Mizuno HMB 5-PW Accra CWi95
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 
  • Artisan 0521 or 0321 Putter

15 hours ago, Mookie91 said:

So sad to hear this. I was soooo looking forward to replacing my 921 HMP with the 225s but smaller ain’t helping this hacker. ZX5 here I come 😁

Might be worth a try still. Smaller doesn't necessarily mean less forgiving. Never know until you hit them....just my two cents. 

• Thanks 1

Taylormade Sim2 9* @ 8.25* / Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.5

Taylormade Sim2 15* / Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.5

Taylormade Sim2 19* / Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.5 1" short of standard

JPX 921 HMP 4-5 (2* Weak), Forged 6-GW (1* Weak) / KBS $ Taper 125 S+

Vokey SM8 54* F and 58* S / Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Ping 2021 DS 72 35" PP60 Grip

Golf Pride Z Cord Grip

2021 Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, reamr87 said:

Might be worth a try still. Smaller doesn't necessarily mean less forgiving. Never know until you hit them....just my two cents. 

Agreed 100 percent about forgiveness. Haven’t completely ruled them out but I get so much confidence from the look of the club. So many options out there. Considering the 225s, ZX5s and the P790s.

• Like 1

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"