Bullseye. Boutique experts I need your advice.

I’ve always loved a bullseye style putter and tend to move back to that style often. I realize there are a lot of custom putter craftsman but the majority offer Anser styles and not much else. I’m looking to have a flanged bullseye style putter made but would love to hear from you guys ideas of who might be best to design and build it? I’m wanting a more modern blade, a bit larger and in stainless steel. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Edited by mogc60

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s my first CAD on my National Custom Works Nicoll. It’s slightly larger than there standard head with curved hosel with half shaft offset and weighting to be face balanced. 

Kari Lajosi made me two L-blades flange or Bullseye flange, one in CS and the other in SS. He also makes standard blades with two faces. Mine are wonderful, great feeling and beautiful craftsmanship.

LaMont (Mannkrafted) can absolutely make you one.   My dad played a bullseye forever, I remember it being in his bag from when I was younger all the way through college and even after.  As h

Posted Images

There are a few guys that can probably do that request or even have that option in stock. These guys either have a Bullseye or probably can make you one, the flange may change that possibility.

• CMD Golf
  • National Custom Works
  • MannKrafted
  • Compass Golf Co
  • MackMade Putters
  • Argolf Putters - Has a flange style in stock

I'm sure there are more and I'm sure I'm missing a ton but may come down to searching their social media and sending some emails. 

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread

Thank you for those suggestions. The National I’ve seen and looks pretty good. I’ve been out of golf for a year or so and just kinda out of the loop on designers. 

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

Cameron made a Flanged Bullseye back around '05 or so and you can find them now and again in pretty good shape. 

Titleist JDM TSi3  9*                     Fujikura Ventus Red 6X

Exotics CBX119 15* 3WD.             Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Exotics CBX119 18* 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5
MIURA CB57 4-7                            MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA MB-001 8-P                       MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 Prototype 1.5 Beach 34/350 (A010656)

I have two of those and I’m just looking for that but a bit more modern, heavier and a bit straighter. 

I’m in the process of having a custom Nicoll blade made from National Custom. Ari has been great to work with and sounds like they gonna get me exactly what I’m looking for. Pretty excited to get this done

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Here’s my first CAD on my National Custom Works Nicoll. It’s slightly larger than there standard head with curved hosel with half shaft offset and weighting to be face balanced. 

286F622E-B0BD-43C4-992E-08F3AC8EFD89.jpeg

573D2BCB-63C0-4700-9EF0-E6A884B74B0C.jpeg

C3FF48A1-51E2-4A17-A9DB-40AB8B079376.jpeg

Edited by mogc60
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

That putter is sick I really like it!! I am a bullseye style fan myself have been using an Argolf Merlin for about 2 years now.  What is the head weight? Yours looks really clean I really like the lines of it. Congrats let us know how you like it and post some actually pics when you get it.

WITB
 Titleist TS3 9.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74 Stiff
Titleist TS3 16.5 set to C1 HZRDUS black 75 stiff
Titleist TS3  18* set to C1 HZRDUS black 75 stiff
Srixon U65  4 iron Miyazaki Kaula 7 Stiff
Ping I210 5-UW Accra 70i stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 56* Accra 70i stiff
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 PM Grind 60* Accra Hybrex Wedge Shaft
Argolf Merlin Putter with Accra FxP200 Shaft
Titleist ProV1X Yellow

On 4/2/2021 at 1:47 PM, mogc60 said:

286F622E-B0BD-43C4-992E-08F3AC8EFD89.jpeg

573D2BCB-63C0-4700-9EF0-E6A884B74B0C.jpeg

C3FF48A1-51E2-4A17-A9DB-40AB8B079376.jpeg

Glad to see you're getting what you wanted also definitely a unique piece with the offset and flange as well. 

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread

2 hours ago, VA golfer said:

That putter is sick I really like it!! I am a bullseye style fan myself have been using an Argolf Merlin for about 2 years now.  What is the head weight? Yours looks really clean I really like the lines of it. Congrats let us know how you like it and post some actually pics when you get it.

Thanks.  The headweight is 380 but I’ve used a longer putter for probably 15 years. My putter is 39” and I grip it at probably 35.5”.  Then just putt like normal. A long time ago I was lengthening a putter and had a piece of shaft sticking out 5 inches prior to cutting it to length. I hit some putts with it like that and loved the feel of it and it just stuck. So that explains why the extra weight. Yes the lines are very clean and it will have a center line on the topline. I wasn’t sure where the hosel position would end up to achieve the face balance but after I saw where it was I had room for the line on top. I kindof tried to morph the looks of my 4-5 favorite blades I’ve ever used and put the best of each one into the putter design. I’m pretty excited to see how it turns out. I’ll post pics once I get it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 2:44 AM, j.a. said:

Kari Lajosi made me two L-blades flange or Bullseye flange, one in CS and the other in SS. He also makes standard blades with two faces. Mine are wonderful, great feeling and beautiful craftsmanship.

2D569952-B7BC-4FAE-B02B-5831FE5BD524.jpeg

53019F63-8177-47CA-9992-FE69D6C27E38.jpeg

If you come across any photos  of Kari's standard blade (two faces) Bullseye style putters, please post them here. I am interested to buy Bullseye blade (no flange) style putters. Thanks.

Cleveland TL310 driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 3-wood

S-Yard XV 5-wood

Srixon H65  4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

3 minutes ago, JeffreySpicoli said:

Google search for:

kari lajosi bullseye

returns photos that you’re looking for.

Thanks. I did find one example of a Lajosi Bullseye style blade. Here it is along with a Titleist-Cameron Bullseye blade. 

The Cameron head shape is more slender, rounded than the Lajosi. 

Lajosi L Blade.jpg

IMG_8245.JPG

Cleveland TL310 driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 3-wood

S-Yard XV 5-wood

Srixon H65  4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2021 at 3:29 PM, mogc60 said:

I’ve always loved a bullseye style putter and tend to move back to that style often. I realize there are a lot of custom putter craftsman but the majority offer Anser styles and not much else. I’m looking to have a flanged bullseye style putter made but would love to hear from you guys ideas of who might be best to design and build it? I’m wanting a more modern blade, a bit larger and in stainless steel. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

LaMont (Mannkrafted) can absolutely make you one.

My dad played a bullseye forever, I remember it being in his bag from when I was younger all the way through college and even after.  As he got older he needed a little more head weight, and I got in touch with LaMont.  My dad is also left handed, but plays golf right handed.   He loved his bullseye and hitting shorter puts left handed.  SO I set LaMont to work, he made it in brass and we added some size and some thickness and milled loft into both sides with the shaft dead neutral.

Now he made the one for my dad out of brass, but knowing LaMont like I do I know he can make it out of whatever material you want, and he can make it with a flange or however you want it without an issue.

I went looking through his instagram to see if I could find pictures of my dad's but it was made quite a few years ago, but I did find this.

BE Flange.jpg

Edited by driveandputtmachine
  • Like 2
  • Driver - Epic Max LS
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Irons - Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, Callaway MD5 54*, Cleveland Zipcore 60* Mid all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star 
26 minutes ago, driveandputtmachine said:

LaMont (Mannkrafted) can absolutely make you one.

My dad played a bullseye forever, I remember it being in his bag from when I was younger all the way through college and even after.  As he got older he needed a little more head weight, and I got in touch with LaMont.  My dad is also left handed, but plays golf right handed.   He loved his bullseye and hitting shorter puts left handed.  SO I set LaMont to work, he made it in brass and we added some size and some thickness and milled loft into both sides with the shaft dead neutral.

Now he made the one for my dad out of brass, but knowing LaMont like I do I know he can make it out of whatever material you want, and he can make it with a flange or however you want it without an issue.

I went looking through his instagram to see if I could find pictures of my dad's but it was made quite a few years ago, but I did find this.

BE Flange.jpg

That’s a really nice looking putter. Thank you for the response. I might contact him to see what he could do. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Fairway14 said:

If you come across any photos  of Kari's standard blade (two faces) Bullseye style putters, please post them here. I am interested to buy Bullseye blade (no flange) style putters. Thanks.

There are a few in Kari’s IG:

LP454 in GSS satin finish

L-blade Titanium Nickel finish

L-blade in 303SS

L-blade black with deep milling

Kari does the milling himself, so it would be a matter of asking if he can make it as rounded as the Cameron. 

Edited by j.a.
  • Like 1