Club Champion

Afternoon Spray

11 hours ago, princelyryno said:

Am I the only one who is put off by a club champion rep posting a specific phone conversation and quoting the call to defend an order being months late?  A company with good customer service would be apologizing for the delay and offering some sort of discount. Posting quotes from a recorded phone call on a public forum basically saying the poster is misleading at best, a liar at worst rubs me the wrong way. 

No, it was classless in the extreme - pretty much what I’d expect based on my own experiences with them.  

Support your local PGA professionals, not these retail chains. They are the ground-pounders making a living at this and trying to make golf at your local clubs a more enjoyable experience. Believe me they are not in the golf business for the pay, I used to be one. Take advantage of their services with demo days and fittings and order local. 

• Like 2

Adams 9064LS  - Driver
Adams 4060  - 3W

Maltby TS-1  - 3-PW

Maltby TSW Forged  - 50/56

22 hours ago, princelyryno said:

Am I the only one who is put off by a club champion rep posting a specific phone conversation and quoting the call to defend an order being months late?  A company with good customer service would be apologizing for the delay and offering some sort of discount. Posting quotes from a recorded phone call on a public forum basically saying the poster is misleading at best, a liar at worst rubs me the wrong way. 

Seriously, that is not how I would appreciate being taken care of. While I hadn't planned on going to one, I sure wouldn't now.

Taylormade M6 D Type driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Honma XP-1 3 and 5 wood 

Taylormade GAPR Lo 19* Hybrid 

Byrdie Golf Designs split cavity 4-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Nike Blue Chip 002 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

My industry (high-end consumer audio/video) is experiencing the same challenges. Unprecedented volume has everything backed up and moving slower than ever before. This issue is then compounded by technicians and system designers (akin to Clubfitters) being overwhelmed by a huge number of inquiries about logistics. Traditionally these people spent their time honing their technical skills, and haven’t had any need to focus much on logistics as things just showed up in a timely fashion. Now the global supply chain is straining, information is simply HORRIBLE, and they’re the ones being looked at to explain. 

I know it’s frustrating but keep perspective... You’re “paying for” the skill the Clubfitter has in prescribing a performance golf club. Be careful not to let logistical challenges distract you from this primary goal. If you decide that a bird in the hand is of primary importance, then perhaps buy off the rack. 

Edited by glennQNYC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got fit the other day at Club Champion and they told me 4-6 weeks so I decided to buy the components based on the spec sheet and build it myself.  The shaft will be here next week and I can pick the head up anywhere.  

I ordered a set of P770's from TM direct in October and didn't get them until the end of December.  

Just now, dukebasketball717 said:

I just got fit the other day at Club Champion and they told me 4-6 weeks so I decided to buy the components based on the spec sheet and build it myself.  The shaft will be here next week and I can pick the head up anywhere.  

I ordered a set of P770's from TM direct in October and didn't get them until the end of December.  

Nice. Yeah I wish I had the foresight to do that at the time. The only club I bought separately was my driver head because I had store credit somewhere else, and that way I could keep the stock shaft as a backup, but I still bought another driver shaft through CC.

UPDATE:

The clubs finally arrived. I debated cancelling there for a while but with the delay everyone has been saying Ping is experiencing I didn't want to go back to square one. And to all who let me know how much I overpaid, I knew that I would be overpaying going in.  This was my first ever set of clubs that aren't hand me downs and I was ok paying a little extra to get fit for stuff that would be perfect for me. I cut some costs by not getting any of my iron shafts pured. I definitely overpaid for my driver and 3 wood and that didn't help keep costs down but I'm happy with what I have.

In the future I will definitely go with a local PGA pro over club champion. Definitely don't want to repeat the poor customer service experience.

At the end of the day the fitters I worked with on site were great.  The guys who work at my local location are awesome. But after my experience with their customer support team at their headquarters, it has turned me off of ever using them again in the future. 

Edited by Afternoon Spray
  • Like 2

I’ve only spoken with one person on the course so far with fitted clubs by CC (quite new) but their experience was much the same. Good in person experience with the fitter, horrendous CS experience and being hung out to dry well over an estimate with no apology or attempt to help the situation.

Was hoping that was a fluke but it seems to be a trend. Something they need to address, because the second I asked him about his clubs he lit up ready to tell me how awful the experience was and how much he didn’t suggest using them. 

It’s a little surprising to me that a retailer would charge a premium on clubs purchased after a paid fitting. The cost of the fitting should be the “premium” IMO. 

Callaway Big Bertha 21 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow 6.0

Callaway Mavrik Max 3+

Callaway Rogue 4 wood

Srixon ZU85 4/23

Srixon Z565 w/ Matrix Ozik F15 shafts 5-PW

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX4 54* and 58*

Cleveland Huntington Beach #11S

On 3/25/2021 at 11:22 AM, Afternoon Spray said:

I cut some costs by not getting any of my iron shafts pured

That’s one way to look at it!  Another is that you dodged a bullet for a dubious, at best, service. 

Driver: PING G410 Plus, Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6S
3W: Titleist D917 13.5 @ 15, Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7S
5W: Titleist D917 18 @ 18.75, Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8S
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 21 @ 22, Diamana D+ 100 Hybrid
Irons: PING i210 (5-U), Nippon Modus 120S
Wedges: PING Glide (54 SS, 58 WS), PING CFS Wedge
Putter: PING Sigma 2 Arna
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

That is the most corporate bullsh** response from Club Champion that I’ve ever heard. I own a consumer products company and my response would have been a direct message with my phone number asking me to call me so I can make it more than right vs a bullxxxx “consumer you are wrong” answer.   

@Club Champion you can do so much better than that.  

original poster - I would cancel your order right now and take your specs directly to ping.  I would tel them what club champion told you and ask them to help. You will get so much better service from ping (who has the ceo building clubs) vs club champion (whose reputation generally is less than awesome).  

Countach,look on the bright side, you are actually selling a hard too find in demand commodity, ex demo custom fit xyz irons, available now, not in 90 days.Sell the Benefit.

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

10 hours ago, countach711 said:

I had a horrible experience with Club Champion and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.  I won't go into details but I've got some $1,800 doorstops I can't hit that I need to take bath on on Ebay.  Tried to do the right thing and it bit me in the a** big time!

Apparently we’ve transitioned from accusations of CC ripping people off (by charging the manufacturers’ suggested retail prices), charging for (completely optional) services, allegedly poor customer service... To now they’re crappy clubfitters too? And this poor club fitting we’re to believe is found universally at all locations? Poppycock. 

I did a Club Champion fitting last week. Hitting only 6-irons to fit for an entire bag of irons doesn’t seem like the best way to fit someone for clubs. There’s no option to determine how/if a split set works for a particular golfer, and personally, I was blown away by the cost estimate for a new set. For example, a new set of T100s irons with graphite shafts was quoted at $2031, while I can buy these through any online club seller for $1600. 

I will say that the fitting experience was decent, but as an educated golf enthusiast, I could have fit myself just as well with access to the various heads that they carry. 

Add me to the list of dissatisfied Club Champion customers. My experience not only includes similar poor communication regarding delivery, a driver and 3w that had an immediate rattle in the heads. After gaining experience using and understanding Trackman data, totally misfit clubs. lesson learned, 

I do find @ClubChampion’s response inappropriate.