2 ball ten

jomatty

I initially bought a Tour Lined S and it had a slim grip. I hated it and went with the Tour Lined but with the face balanced head and the oversized grip. What a difference that change made for me. I am more confident with the way I align and putt now, especially the short putts. I can't see this putter going any where. It just suits my eye and the feel is perfect. 

I wanted to love the Two Ball DFX as it was released again but the shape of the Ten just fits my eye. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, msg said:

I initially bought a Tour Lined S and it had a slim grip. I hated it and went with the Tour Lined but with the face balanced head and the oversized grip. What a difference that change made for me. I am more confident with the way I align and putt now, especially the short putts. I can't see this putter going any where. It just suits my eye and the feel is perfect. 

I wanted to love the Two Ball DFX as it was released again but the shape of the Ten just fits my eye. 

Same here. I did not not the slim(reg) grip. Went with the jumbo and love it thic

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

On 5/4/2021 at 3:35 PM, Honeybadger said:

Double bend tour lined. I got 25 gram weights off EBay and replaced the 15 because I choke down on a 35 inch to play it at 33. 

are you happy with the quality of weights you bought?

Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

On 6/21/2021 at 6:37 PM, msg said:

13 hours ago, caller said:

Same here. I did not not the slim(reg) grip. Went with the jumbo and love it thic

Slim grips on face balanced mallets make no sense.

Similarly, neither do Fatso 5.0 grips on a toe down blade.

Edited by abenjami
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, abenjami said:

Slim grips on face balanced mallets make no sense.

Similarly, neither do Fatso 5.0 grips on a toe down blade.

IMO, grip shapes and sizes are more a matter of feel/comfort, not controlling the putter.

As always, whatever works. :classic_wink:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

11 hours ago, nsxguy said:

IMO, grip shapes and sizes are more a matter of feel/comfort, not controlling the putter.

As always, whatever works. :classic_wink:

I think many would disagree with this.  The purpose of a thicker grip is to restrict wrist action, which is desired with a face balanced putter.  The opposite is true for toe hang, you want that putter face to open and close more, and you don't want your grip to be too thick to prevent it.

But yeah, whatever works.  I'm sure someone like Shaq thinks every grip is thin.

Edited by abenjami
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

I think many would disagree with this.  The purpose of a thicker grip is to restrict wrist action, which is desired with a face balanced putter.  The opposite is true for toe hang, you want that putter face to open and close more, and you don't want your grip to be too thick to prevent it.

But yeah, whatever works.  I'm sure someone like Shaq thinks every grip is thin.

So why then does Cally have thin grips on ALL of their OG White Hots ?

But yes, in their Ten series they follow your logic. Except for the "Rahm" 2 ball Ten.

And yes, I am aware of the purpose of the different grips. But I still feel the feel and comfort are more important.

YMMV. high five.gif

Edited by nsxguy

Titleist Pro V1X

25 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

So why then does Cally have thin grips on ALL of their OG White Hots ?

But yes, in their Ten series they follow your logic. Except for the "Rahm" 2 ball Ten.

And yes, I am aware of the purpose of the different grips. But I still feel the feel and comfort are more important.

YMMV. high five.gif

Marketing and sales.  The average consuming golfer doesn't know better.

I agree feel and comfort are important.  That's one reason I love the Tour SNSR grips that come in 2 different sizes.  They feel great (IMO) and you can get the same grip in 2 different thicknesses.

15 hours ago, abenjami said:

Marketing and sales.  The average consuming golfer doesn't know better.

I agree feel and comfort are important.  That's one reason I love the Tour SNSR grips that come in 2 different sizes.  They feel great (IMO) and you can get the same grip in 2 different thicknesses.

If the average golf consumer doesn't know any better then the marketing, which is almost non-existent, isn't working very well.

And sales ? if the consumer doesn't know any better how can grip size contribute (or not) to sales ?

Anywho, the Tour SNSR is a nicely shaped grip but it loses its tackiness too soon. Same problem with most of the rubber grips that are smooth, or almost smooth.

Now if the rubber grip is ribbed a bit (more than the current slim White Hot) they'll usually last awhile.

Titleist Pro V1X

3 hours ago, nsxguy said:

If the average golf consumer doesn't know any better then the marketing, which is almost non-existent, isn't working very well.

And sales ? if the consumer doesn't know any better how can grip size contribute (or not) to sales ?

Anywho, the Tour SNSR is a nicely shaped grip but it loses its tackiness too soon. Same problem with most of the rubber grips that are smooth, or almost smooth.

Now if the rubber grip is ribbed a bit (more than the current slim White Hot) they'll usually last awhile.

I'll try to give an example to explain what I meant.  If fatter grips are the trend, the average consuming golfer wants to buy a putter with a fat grip.  And they'll buy one even if that particular putter typically should have a thinner pistol grip.

I noticed you're in Florida.  I'm in California.  I've never had a problem with my putter grip losing its tackiness.  I usually regrip my irons once per year, sometimes every 18 months.  And that's usually because I'm OCD about grips, most people would think they were still fine to use.

Perhaps the difference in humidity and playing conditions gives us different opinions at times.

I haven’t had a round with more than 33 putts since getting my Two Ball Ten. My stats might be better except I mostly play a course with humongous greens, so the occasional 3 putt is usually due to having a 50+ foot putt. That said, I’m not sure if it’s the MOI or the stroke lab shaft or both, but the Ten had been great for me at lag putting. 
For the 6-12 foot range, I’ve been having a lot of success with the Triple Track (I play the ERC Soft). I like it so much, I got yellow triple track stickers on EBay for my Ten. 

i had a fitting earlier this week and chose the 2 ball ten.  A face balanced mallet worked best for me and i had been eyeing this for a while.  My first round with it was a mess.  I was too distracted trying to line up the 2 balls and my stroke was all off from the things i learned  i was doing in the sam putt lab session.

I'm going to give it a few more rounds and try to clear my head and focus with it

5 hours ago, Unteachable said:

i had a fitting earlier this week and chose the 2 ball ten.  A face balanced mallet worked best for me and i had been eyeing this for a while.  My first round with it was a mess.  I was too distracted trying to line up the 2 balls and my stroke was all off from the things i learned  i was doing in the sam putt lab session.

I'm going to give it a few more rounds and try to clear my head and focus with it

I would leave it out of the bag for now and instead just use it to practice with.  Give that a go until you feel confident with it during practice and then bag it.

Played 4 rounds with 2 ball ten S tour double bend shaft....

1. Felt too light 

2. Putting stroke changed for me to swing this big gal. Low and straight back and accelerate through.. different than my normal stroke. It keeps the ball on line and very straight.

3. Has little issue with aiming.... not used to this much help. Getting better.

4. Round 3 and 4 showed a lot of potential and great results. Where it shines is inside 10ft.

I am waiting on heavier weights from ebay.. if I can make this heavier and like it, I can certainly see this becoming my gamer.

Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

12 hours ago, caller said:

Played 4 rounds with 2 ball ten S tour double bend shaft....

1. Felt too light 

2. Putting stroke changed for me to swing this big gal. Low and straight back and accelerate through.. different than my normal stroke. It keeps the ball on line and very straight.

3. Has little issue with aiming.... not used to this much help. Getting better.

4. Round 3 and 4 showed a lot of potential and great results. Where it shines is inside 10ft.

I am waiting on heavier weights from ebay.. if I can make this heavier and like it, I can certainly see this becoming my gamer.

Ever since I put 25 gram weights in mine, it been wonderful- love it. I also switched to rubber odyssey pistol grip, which gives me better feel on lag putts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Honeybadger said:

Ever since I put 25 gram weights in mine, it been wonderful- love it. I also switched to rubber odyssey pistol grip, which gives me better feel on lag putts. 

I put 35 gram on mine.  My Betti is 375g head so I like the heavier feel for my tempo. Shall see how it will perform.

Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

On 6/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, Jc0 said:

Had anyone taken the counter weight out and used it? Finally admitting to myself that I can't putt with extra weight at the hands. I like the head shape but the weight in my hands makes me do funky things with my stroke of the greens are slower.

I took out the counter weight but the grip I put on is heavier than the original grip + the weight plug.  But I like it.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:41 PM, Jc0 said:

Had anyone taken the counter weight out and used it? Finally admitting to myself that I can't putt with extra weight at the hands. I like the head shape but the weight in my hands makes me do funky things with my stroke of the greens are slower.

2 hours ago, abenjami said:

I took out the counter weight but the grip I put on is heavier than the original grip + the weight plug.  But I like it.

Ummmm, what counterweight ? :classic_blink:

Sounds like you're talking about Super Stroke grips. 2 ball Tens don't have SS grips.

Titleist Pro V1X

56 minutes ago, Unteachable said:

there is a counter weight in the shaft.  its kind of bullet shaped with rubber o-rings on it so it sticks in the shaft

Ahhhhh, I gotcha.

There's a counterweight inside the shaft below the hands/grip.

Thanks, didn't know that. 👍

Titleist Pro V1X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 10:02 PM, abenjami said:

I would agree with @nsxguy that feel is more important than anything else and that you can keep your wrists from breaking with a thin grip and use a face balanced putter. I’ve had more success with my 2 Ball Ten since switching to a pistol grip. Mainly because my lag putting has been better- but I haven’t had a problem with shorter putts with the thinner grip instead of the thicker grip. Putting is all about what feels good. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, blam89 said:

Is it just mine or does the 2ball ten want to sit open?

Occasionally a shaft and/or flange connected putter can be installed slightly "off" and that could affect the way the sole sits - relative to the grip/shaft of course.

But the 10s I've picked up have all sat perfectly. YMMV shrug.gif

Titleist Pro V1X

I went from the micro hinge 2 ball ten, traded that in after a couple of rounds for a white hot og #7, then traded that back in for a limited 2 ball ten with the white hot insert.

I love it on short putts.  Struggling a little on lags.

Ive been playing a center shaft for a few years and I still may go back to one if im not 100% confident after a few more rounds