2021 PXG 0211 irons

mpetruzz

I have played a couple of rounds with mine. Love them. They look great with clean lines. I normally play 1" over 2 degrees up but the PXG's are already longer than standard, so I ordered them standard length 1 degree up. I also ordered them 2 degrees strong with the SteelFiber 95cw shafts. Was leery about the SteelFibers because I play and love my Recoils. But am pleasantly surprised with them. Much tighter dispersion than the Recoils. For me, great boring trajectory that are holding greens. Gaining lots of confidence with them. Would highly recommend. The price is right too.

Yes. There was a gapping issue. Because I ordered 2 degree strong, the gap between the 9i and my Vokey W was significant. So I ordered their W, 2 strong. Was leery with that too, but am very please with it. Performs as well as the Vokey. I am now replacing my current (50, 56 & 60) Vokeys with (46, 52 & 58) to address the gaps.

I have the original and have no problem holding greens. In fact I get balls that check up

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Hzrdus RDX Blue 70g 6.0 

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: Ping S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Putter: TAII #2  

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

I looked the lofts up and they are def unique. I have a buddy who bought a set and will sell to me for a sweet price so I may pull the trigger and see for myself. My main worry was just having balls never stick to the green based off of a few things I’ve read. Thanks for the input and if anyone else has experience with the new ones lemme know

I went with the mmt's since I'm getting older and need a little help with swing speed. Got them standing lies and 1 degree weak on the lofts. I'm coming from forged Mizunos so I know what a soft iron feels like. I thought about reshafting the Mizunos, but for only a few more $$$ I figured why not give these a shot. The early results seem like it was a good move. 

4 minutes ago, mpetruzz said:

Haha I have no prob buying equipment but already have SO MUCH. I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on the new 0211s and compare em too my Cobras

I didn’t really care for for the looks of the badge on the new one. Even seeing them in person I was put off. 
The strengthened loft and added length really killed it for me even more. 
The original ones are great clubs, but you will get random flyers and sometimes have distance issues. 
I can only imagine this is the same with loft changes on the new ones. 

I have also not seen anything review wise that really shows a marketed improvement from the originals around  aesthetics, feel or forgiveness so I bought a set of gen2 instead.

I am not a retailer just an average golfer with a 9 HC. Swing speed on driver of 99. 56 years old . I just got the  2021 0211 irons with the Elevate 95 shafts stiff  and after 3 rounds have made more birdies than I have in the past 5 years . I have hit cuts and  draws low and high and these clubs do it all . It you are a brand HO then don’t take my advice but I can tell you these clubs perform and they feel really soft . My two cents . 

• Like 1

I've booked for a fitting in a few weeks after finally admitting I haven't played enough over the last few years to carry on playing a better players club so looking to get a bit of help especially in the long irons. I've always played more traditional lofted irons (currently play a 4-PW set with a 48* PW) so these jacked lofts are a bit alien to me. I understand these types of clubs are designed to help hit the ball further with better launch angles so how do people use that to decide on which irons to have in the set?

I'm looking at getting 5-GW as this best matches my current irons lofts and maybe stick a hybrid in as well.

I'm sure all this will be talked through in the fitting but just interested in others views on what they've gone for.

I went to the range with my set of 2021 PXG 0211s and they were nice. Hard to tell with range balls but felt soft and def seemed longer than my cobra forged tec irons. The lofts are stronger so that makes sense. Felt good so I’m going to get on a sim and see what the real numbers were. The shaft felt a bit whippy compared to my cobras so I def had to put a smooth swing on it. Didn’t have any concerns from what I saw about weird launch/descent angles based on the weird lofts. 

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// Cobalt Q6 Slope

One of my concerns was some people’s feedback about the low spin and not being able to hold greens etc. after watching this video and seeing how strike played a pretty big role in the spin I’m feeling better. One shot was a few mms high on the face and it spun quite a bit more. I certainly don’t center all of my shots so my strike will most likely play the biggest role in spin etc

When I had my PXG fitting last Saturday, it was outdoors on the the range off grass. I am a higher spin player and during warmup with my 34* forged CB 7 iron, the fitter asked if I typically spin the ball a lot and told me my spin was well over 7000. (7400 if I remember correctly). 

I'm looking at Michael Newton's numbers, I wonder if the low spin numbers are at least partially because he was hitting off a mat rather than turf. My numbers during my fitting last Saturday, my swing speed was 10 mph slower, (78mph, but hey, I'm an old guy), launch was right in the same window, but my spin numbers were averaging slightly over 6000. That number seemed to me to be in the right range for the loft. Landing angle was in the 44* range. My carry number was 14 yards further with the 0211 vs my CB's, which seem appropriate for the loft difference. 

I am looking forward to these arriving so I can see them on the course, rather than with restricted flight range balls. 

• Like 1

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 775HS  3 hybrid  Wishon Black Hybrid Stiff

PXG 0211 5-9  DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  9-A  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

2 hours ago, milzi007 said:

I know this is a silly question, but I just got my set of the 2021 0211s and there is an additional graphic on the back of the iron “DualCOR” - which wasn’t on any of the review pics or videos.  Anyone else notice it on their set?

Those are the previous version if I recall. You mentioned a crazy deal earlier so maybe that's why. 

Srixon ZX5 Ventus Red  

ZX 3w Riptide 

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra 5-Pw,Aw FT KBS

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 

3 hours ago, milzi007 said:

I know this is a silly question, but I just got my set of the 2021 0211s and there is an additional graphic on the back of the iron “DualCOR” - which wasn’t on any of the review pics or videos.  Anyone else notice it on their set?

Pics?  The original 0211 iron has "COR2" written on the back.  But yours says "DUAL COR"?

Here is the original 0211 info:

PXG 0211 Irons - Our Best Cast Irons Yet - PXG

Here is the new 0211 info:

All-New PXG 2021 0211 DualCor Irons

Check the pics....which one do you have?

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// Cobalt Q6 Slope