(JDM) Deramax by Olympic driver shafts. The new and improved Autoflex?

I've tried looking for more information about this company and their shaft line and have had no luck.

Has anyone ever heard of them? Or better yet, try them?

This past Monday was my second time hitting dozens of drives on the LM with one of the offerings and its unbelievable. I tried both the 49g and 60g X shaft and my numbers relative to the other shafts tested were pretty amazing.

The shaft felt light and relatively soft, but not Autoflex soft. Head felt ridiculously stable at every point in the swing, and dispersion was just as good as anything I've hit. I currently have one on order and will be doing some testing on course as they didn't let me demo it. Nevertheless, its an interesting concept and it was inevitable that more and more companies explore the limits of shaft construction. Shaft frequency is in the 250-255 range so its obviously very soft for an X flex.

Just curious if anyone else have heard or tested this shaft.

For reference, I currently game both an Accra TZ6 M5 CB (SIM2 10.5 Max) and Autoflex SF505X (SIM2 😎

IMG_6223.HEIC IMG_6224.HEIC IMG_6222.HEIC

Deramax has been around for quite a while.  They make fishing rods as well which is how a few very good japanese shaft makers started.

The "autoflex" concept is also not new.  Check out Beyond Power from Ryoma made by TourAD for them or the Mobius series from Design Tuning.  Been around a lot longer than autoflex.  Both BP and Mobius also feel a lot better than the autoflex which I find to feel very "plastic".

The above said, I'm not a subscriber to these "universal" or "one flex" shafts.  It'll work for some of course.

• Thanks 1

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

47 minutes ago, LionGolfer said:

Deramax has been around for quite a while.  They make fishing rods as well which is how a few very good japanese shaft makers started.

The "autoflex" concept is also not new.  Check out Beyond Power from Ryoma made by TourAD for them or the Mobius series from Design Tuning.  Been around a lot longer than autoflex.  Both BP and Mobius also feel a lot better than the autoflex which I find to feel very "plastic".

The above said, I'm not a subscriber to these "universal" or "one flex" shafts.  It'll work for some of course.

Thanks for the insight. Thats interesting and not surprising. Although, the Deramax offers their line in a pretty conventional lineup of flex from SR to XX. I think its a good thing that some of these other brands might now come to light piggy backing a bit of the Autoflex marketing.

3 minutes ago, lightcapturers said:

Thanks for the insight. Thats interesting and not surprising. Although, the Deramax offers their line in a pretty conventional lineup of flex from SR to XX. I think its a good thing that some of these other brands might now come to light piggy backing a bit of the Autoflex marketing.

Yes, Deramax does not offer these one flex shafts.  I was refering to your question on Deramax.

the references to Beyond Power and Mobius was for the autoflex comparo.  My bad.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

9 minutes ago, LionGolfer said:

Yes, Deramax does not offer these one flex shafts.  I was refering to your question on Deramax.

the references to Beyond Power and Mobius was for the autoflex comparo.  My bad.

Got you.

Whats interesting to me is I almost regret (maybe thats not the right word) gaming the autoflex for so long, that I have almost gone down the rabbit hole of light/soft shafts as now the norm for my swing.

I know its not the case, but every "standard" shaft now to me feels like its too stiff and heavy, so much so that I feel like I can't load it. Which is, in reality, not the case as I swing it pretty comfortably at 115+

I just keep gravitating to the softer lighter shafts now and maybe the industry will move in that direction in the future, and maybe not. It is still fun to test out these Asian shafts that are still barely scratching the market surface in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many little shaft companies that are make very good product. Light and stable was started by these guys.

I think Waccine was one of the first to advertise counter balance (not in those words) super light shaft that was stable 2010ish.

They designed and Fujikura made it. Still have one of the original model and I won't get rid of it.

Deramax, Roddio, Basileus, Crazy, TRPX,  reve to name a few have made solid distance shaft before Autoflex.

Autoflex sending shaft to TXG was the difference. Very very smart.

• Like 1

Almost all set for 2021

10 hours ago, kyo-nax said:

They designed and Fujikura made it. Still have one of the original model and I won't get rid of it.

Deramax, Roddio, Basileus, Crazy, TRPX,  reve to name a few have made solid distance shaft before Autoflex.

You have good taste and knowledge of shafts.  If I may add a couple more who like TRPX, came from the Crazy base... Crime of Angel and Syncagraphite.   COA of course was Crazy and then TRPX and then broke away to start their own.  

Edited by LionGolfer

• 2 years later...

Would anyone be able to share what model of the shafts from the following JDM manufacturers can be considered to (if they) do same thing as the Autoflex?

Deramax 

Waccine Compo

TRPX

COA

Basileus

Skitter

Fire Express

Or any others.

Really trying to find one to fit in new driver. Love the Autoflex stories but afraid not able to tweak correctly to work.

1 hour ago, Wewe said:

Would anyone be able to share what model of the shafts from the following JDM manufacturers can be considered to (if they) do same thing as the Autoflex?

Deramax 

Waccine Compo

TRPX

COA

Basileus

Skitter

Fire Express

Or any others.

Really trying to find one to fit in new driver. Love the Autoflex stories but afraid not able to tweak correctly to work.

@Wewe have you tried/ considered the "Freeflex"? 

https://www.golfwrx.com/704393/koreas-freeflex-shaft-proves-that-lightning-strikes-twice/ 

The article/review was written by James Chang, a GolfWRX contributor based in Korea (Seoul?).  The byline mentions the following: "He can be reached at [email protected], and often introduces cool new Asia-based golf gear on YouTube and Instagram" (https://www.golfwrx.com/author/james-chang/ )

@JungleJimbo many thanks for advise. I will try dropping a line to Jimmy and get his inputs.

I saw the TXG video on FreeFlex vs Autoflex, it showed AF is a little better in perfromance still but of course FF is a little cheaper.

Also read the article and it says that AF feels a little softer at impact, lesser dispersion and marginally longer than FF, though FF is not so demanding on head weights and can take more aggressive swings.

All in all I fell AF is safer performance wise, provided you get the setup right in first place. The latter is a concern.

I am looking for a few alternatives that I would like to go out and try at shops, hopefully I can be more exhaustive before taking the plunge.

Meanwhile, I just ordered Accra FX3.0 140 M0 as shown in TXG video. Will try that with my Paradym 10.5 head which is shafted with OEM Ventus Blue 5S at the moment.My misses is mostly slice with occasional pull draw. It is the case of the indian is not shooting the arrow well, but still the indian is trying to find bow and arrow that can help him shoot better. ✌🏼 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...