Anyone have an apples to apples comparison?? Have the G425 LST with Ventus black in my bag now. Too be honest it’s great for me. My bad miss is a slice into the next county. Put the weight in the toe and it’s been an awesome club for me. 

However, have hit the TSi3 a few times at GG with the Smoke RDX. Can’t get it outta my head lol. Just wondering if anyone has a true comparison. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting the weight in the toe is magnifying your slice miss (OP).   When I tested the G425 LST indoors and outdoors I found a strong fade bias. I'm pretty brand loyal to Ping so this was a d

That makes sense for a solid strike as you’re effectively moving more mass behind your contact point.   However, moving the CG toe side will keep the face more open and aid in hitting the ball

Posted Images

I’ve compared them a couple times inside at golf stores. Like the feel/sound of tsi better, but 425 lst was WAY more consistent. Don’t like that tsi is so shiny. Think would be issue in sun. Tsi was very punishing if missed sweet spot and drop off was quite a bit. Both fairly low spinning for me. Have seen some big Titleist players switch back to TS3 including JT which I always find interesting. Almost all Ping staffers have switched to the 425 and majority into the LST. Lots of them played the regular G410 previously which surprised me. I read comparisons on these where people said the Ping beat the TSI 8 or 9 out of 10 times on course and hitting fairways. I’m not ready to drop that much $$, otherwise would have the Ping. 

Cobra Fly-Z+
Cobra F8+ 4/5 wood
Ping S55 3-pw x100
Titleist SM6 52 & 56
Scotty Newport 2

I moved from a 410 LST to a TSi3. I don’t think the TSi3 is punishing at all. I’ve put some ugly swings on mine and have been more than happy with the results. I’m playing the Titleist 1 1/2” longer (46”) than I played my Ping last season (44 1/2”) and haven’t really had a drop off in accuracy. The Titleist is certainly longer for me. I hit the longest drive of my life with it on Friday. The Ping feels a bit more stable, but if you strike it pretty close to the center you shouldn’t notice too much difference. 

WITB Thread

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 7x

TSi2 16.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi2 21* / Ventus Red 9x

T100•s 4-9 / DG X7

SM8 46 / DG X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / DG TI X1

Squareback 2 - One and Done - ER5

• 4 weeks later...

I started the season with a TSi3 and I currently have a G425 LST in the mail. TSi3 is long and low spin but not very stable. I’ve hit some ugly hooks with it from toe strikes. Hoping to find some more consistency with the Ping. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei Raw White Proto 2.0 65TX
Taylormade M5 15* Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist TS3 19* AD DI 95X
Titleist T200 4i, T100s 5-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist SM7 50, 54, 58 DG S400
Scotty Cameron Golo 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:01 AM, Lloyd_Christmas29 said:

I started the season with a TSi3 and I currently have a G425 LST in the mail. TSi3 is long and low spin but not very stable. I’ve hit some ugly hooks with it from toe strikes. Hoping to find some more consistency with the Ping. 

G425 LST with Ventus Black has been/is the most consistent driver I’ve ever played. I have a 9* head on the little + and weight in the toe. Can go after it as hard as I want and hit nice little cuts. It seems damn near impossible to turn over which is great for me because I don’t like to see driver go left. In my

opinion, not enough people have tried/are talking about how good this driver is.

1 hour ago, Tee1up4 said:

G425 LST with Ventus Black has been/is the most consistent driver I’ve ever played. I have a 9* head on the little + and weight in the toe. Can go after it as hard as I want and hit nice little cuts. It seems damn near impossible to turn over which is great for me because I don’t like to see driver go left. In my

opinion, not enough people have tried/are talking about how good this driver is.

Putting the weight in the toe is magnifying your slice miss (OP).

When I tested the G425 LST indoors and outdoors I found a strong fade bias. I'm pretty brand loyal to Ping so this was a disappointing finding for me. Maybe I would need to fiddle more with adapter settings and adjustable weight.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Strategery said:

Putting the weight in the toe is magnifying your slice miss (OP).

When I tested the G425 LST indoors and outdoors I found a strong fade bias. I'm pretty brand loyal to Ping so this was a disappointing finding for me. Maybe I would need to fiddle more with adapter settings and adjustable weight.

That’s not true for me. I wish they wouldn’t label the weight shifter as “draw” or “fade”. All your doing is moving the CG. So for me. I’m usually

a hair high and toe side, having the weight in the toe is perfect at mitigating the slice. 

33 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Eight weeks to the day a few new a Srixon ZX5 driver and ZX 3 wood landed on my front porch. 

BE9B5E38-401B-4688-9318-18F3F48AE70A.jpeg

4F3C5AD8-8F0E-4546-A0B0-3DDB4302CF0A.jpeg

264BE4C7-84D0-4193-A75B-6679920B9A09.jpeg

DBAC7983-6A77-492D-94FE-B1EBC8DBA943.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Tee1up4 said:

That’s not true for me. I wish they wouldn’t label the weight shifter as “draw” or “fade”. All your doing is moving the CG. So for me. I’m usually

a hair high and toe side, having the weight in the toe is perfect at mitigating the slice. 

That makes sense for a solid strike as you’re effectively moving more mass behind your contact point.

However, moving the CG toe side will keep the face more open and aid in hitting the ball right. Depending on the model movable weights can impact direction by up to 20-30 yards. Meaning if the weight is in the toe, and you slice the ball, your right miss will be exacerbated. At least that what the marketing hype tells us, and what I’ve experienced first hand. 

side note, sound and feel is why I went with a TSI3 vs the 425. Performance was similar enough, but the experience striking balls was totally different. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tee1up4 said:

Like, but thats what it does?! It impacts closure rate

I hit both TSi3 and 425LST with Ventus Black in my fitting, and the numbers were extremely similar (TSi was 100-200 rpm lower spinning).  Went with the Ping for the tighter dispersion and stability.  Both heads are great.  The secret sauce is the Ventus Black 

Edited by tlehmann

Ping G425LST 9* / Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 80 6.5
Titleist U500 20* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.5
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 52.08F* / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Ping Vault Oslo & Bergen

1 hour ago, tlehmann said:

I hit both TSi3 and 425LST with Ventus Black in my fitting, and the numbers were extremely similar (TSi was 100-200 rpm lower spinning).  Went with the Ping for the tighter dispersion and stability.  Both heads are great.  The secret sauce is the Ventus Black 

Yeah it must be. It’s an incredible shaft. Have it in my 3 wood as well. Wish they made the black in a non tx flex. 

7 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

That makes sense for a solid strike as you’re effectively moving more mass behind your contact point.

However, moving the CG toe side will keep the face more open and aid in hitting the ball right. Depending on the model movable weights can impact direction by up to 20-30 yards. Meaning if the weight is in the toe, and you slice the ball, your right miss will be exacerbated. At least that what the marketing hype tells us, and what I’ve experienced first hand. 

side note, sound and feel is why I went with a TSI3 vs the 425. Performance was similar enough, but the experience striking balls was totally different. 

So strange... I had the exact opposite effect as you. I’ve spent a lot of time on the range tinkering with the driver including loft and different settings. 9* turned up to little + and weight in the toe is far and away the winner for dispersion/distance. Tried it a lot in the heel and I couldn’t keep it from slicing super hard. Different strokes for different folks. Glad it works for both of us either way! 

1 hour ago, Tee1up4 said:

So strange... I had the exact opposite effect as you. I’ve spent a lot of time on the range tinkering with the driver including loft and different settings. 9* turned up to little + and weight in the toe is far and away the winner for dispersion/distance. Tried it a lot in the heel and I couldn’t keep it from slicing super hard. Different strokes for different folks. Glad it works for both of us either way! 

The little + adds loft, which in turn closes the face. Face angle has a more meaningful impact on direction than weight placement.

It sounds like you have found a great setup for your swing. Closed face to fight the rights and extra mass behind your typical strike.

Man, drivers these days are amazing. Seriously, how the heck did we hit a single fairway 30 years ago 😀

Edited by Cactus Jack
8 hours ago, Tee1up4 said:

Yeah it must be. It’s an incredible shaft. Have it in my 3 wood as well. Wish they made the black in a non tx flex. 

It comes in both S and X..

Ping G425LST 9* / Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 80 6.5
Titleist U500 20* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.5
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 52.08F* / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Ping Vault Oslo & Bergen

On 3/14/2021 at 8:42 PM, hackalot said:

I’ve compared them a couple times inside at golf stores. Like the feel/sound of tsi better, but 425 lst was WAY more consistent. Don’t like that tsi is so shiny. Think would be issue in sun. Tsi was very punishing if missed sweet spot and drop off was quite a bit. Both fairly low spinning for me. Have seen some big Titleist players switch back to TS3 including JT which I always find interesting. Almost all Ping staffers have switched to the 425 and majority into the LST. Lots of them played the regular G410 previously which surprised me. I read comparisons on these where people said the Ping beat the TSI 8 or 9 out of 10 times on course and hitting fairways. I’m not ready to drop that much $$, otherwise would have the Ping. 

JT is a bit of an outlier here, the TSi line is extremely popular. Going off the stats at the Sony Open from a golf.com article, 43 of 47 players were using the TSi2, TSi3, or TSi4, 14 of which were not on staff at the time. It's a super solid driver, I bought mine because it was more consistent than the G400 Max. 

TSi3
Mavrik SZ

PXG 0341 21*
MP20 MMC 4 Iron
MP20 MB 5-W
Raw Callaway 53*

Raw Mizuno T20 58*
PM Grind 64*
Special Select Newport 2