NEED HELP! Is club champion ripping me off & what is the importance of E0 swing weight?

rydvan7

One can achieve any swingweight they want to achieve. Just got to hang enough weight on either end of the club. When one request a length different then the OEM standard for that club, unless you specify the swingweight, they will just cut the club to the requested length. In some cases even with a requested swingweight, they will not be able to achieve it so they will get as close as they can and ship the clubs.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, sac42c said:

It looks like they have him 1.5 inches longer than standard. Must be tall. 

Let me clear something up...Being tall has very little to do with club length. Wrist to floor measurement indicates arm length, which is directly correlated to shaft length. 

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

On 5/20/2021 at 10:40 AM, cardoustie said:

Are your sure ?  Because like my irons I love all  my longer clubs to also be D9-E1 range .. hybrids and fairways and driver

My mental process.  My irons are 1" long and heavy and therefore the long stuff should be the same

Works for me. YMMV

Yes, I've had some 46+ drivers that were up in the low E's.  It's sort of like swinging the hammer to ring the bell.  It's so much easier to swing something lighter and generate clubhead speed.  Just get it heavy enough to still feel it.  On the irons, I'm not trying to swing fast/hard, and you're often trying to really feel the club and manage speed and tempo, so the heavy weight works great there.

Dang. I had no idea CC was so expensive. For the same price you could get a shaft puller and the tools to work on your own sticks.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

On 3/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, rydvan7 said:

You would go discount dans then?  Would I be screwed without the E0?

Bro, go with DD.  He's one of the best in the biz.  E0 will not matter as long as they can get you something around D5.  My driver is D5 and my irons are at D3.  My ss is 118 mph for reference.  Could I play E0?  Sure I can, but D5 is good enough for me.  There aren't any bombers on the PGA Tour who play E0.  Most play D4 to D5 in drivers.  I've had almost all my clubs fitted btw and have been on trackman more times than I care to remember.  You'll be happy that you saved 2k for the same exact set up.  I'm not sold on SST Puring and guess what, neither are my + cap buddies who I train, one who plays on the Mackenzie Tour and the other who's been to Q School many times and has had a stellar collegiate career who's also played in many US Open qualiifers, don't have their clubs SST Pure in their shafts.  Neither of them are believers.  If you watch on TV, most of the guys on the PGA Tour are also not into SST.  Says a lot if you ask me.  You get my point.  Club Champion, I respect what you guys do as my cousin has had a fitting through you guys, but I believe that the OP should go through DD given the situation.   

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 5:32 AM, Valtiel said:

The point was that we never established whether or not E0 was actually what he was fit into by any process of testing, so to assume that "E0 weight is very important" is just that, an assumption. 

It's also just an assumption that testing wasn't done - a poor one done by people who have little trust in anyone but themselves. 

I know the guy that fit the OP. He fit me as well - and my friends. I didn't buy from them because they're expensive as hell, but it doesn't change that the build performs better than anything else out there - Perfectly, and has answered every question I asked regardless of buying or not. He's also had his own business prior to his position there and closed due to Covid lockdowns. I don't approve of him working for Club Champion but Chris loves what he does enough to travel long distances just to do it. He's a very moral person and when I told him about this thread he was devastated that he may have done something wrong and was essentially labeled a con-artist. If anybody ever reached out to him, they'd be blown away by his knowledge and would probably learn something in the explanation of how he got to that fitting. 

I might also add that I came here to this site because of that young man. He thought I might be able to find other information and insight that he didn't have. All I've found at this point are people who pretty much hate anything that isn't what they have. 

Edited by Big Mike the Long Shanks

8 hours ago, Big Mike the Long Shanks said:

It's also just an assumption that testing wasn't done - a poor one done by people who have little trust in anyone but themselves. 

I know the guy that fit the OP. He fit me as well - and my friends. I didn't buy from them because they're expensive as hell, but it doesn't change that the build performs better than anything else out there - Perfectly, and has answered every question I asked regardless of buying or not. He's also had his own business prior to his position there and closed due to Covid lockdowns. I don't approve of him working for Club Champion but Chris loves what he does enough to travel long distances just to do it. He's a very moral person and when I told him about this thread he was devastated that he may have done something wrong and was essentially labeled a con-artist. If anybody ever reached out to him, they'd be blown away by his knowledge and would probably learn something in the explanation of how he got to that fitting. 

I might also add that I came here to this site because of that young man. He thought I might be able to find other information and insight that he didn't have. All I've found at this point are people who pretty much hate anything that isn't what they have. 

I appreciate that you're sticking up for your friend here, but your defensiveness on his behalf is misplaced. 

The OP came in with very little information and stopped following up, so we don't know what happened in his fit. There is no reason for Chris to be "devastated" since the criticisms were aimed at Club Champion and their practices, something that you clearly don't agree with either since you "don't approve" of him working there. The OP also stated that he was told E0 was "impossible to get" because it was too heavy, which is pretty ridiculous. Either he is misquoting/misremembering what he was told or he was given incomplete/bad information. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Delete

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Delete

On 6/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, Valtiel said:

I appreciate that you're sticking up for your friend here, but your defensiveness on his behalf is misplaced. 

The OP came in with very little information and stopped following up, so we don't know what happened in his fit. There is no reason for Chris to be "devastated" since the criticisms were aimed at Club Champion and their practices, something that you clearly don't agree with either since you "don't approve" of him working there. The OP also stated that he was told E0 was "impossible to get" because it was too heavy, which is pretty ridiculous. Either he is misquoting/misremembering what he was told or he was given incomplete/bad information. 

He's not my friend, he's a Fitter and fellow golf nut that I met through the process of finding clubs and came to know personally.  

The only reason I'm defending him is because he IS being attacked for no reason other than people don't care to reach out or verify information. Yes, this guy is mis-remembering or misquoted, yet most it seems take the information for fact. 

I dislike club champion, but this fella is the one person that stood between me and making a mistake worth thousands of dollars because he's truthful. Had his name not been attached, I would not be here. This is why it's hard to find good fitters, they go underground and stop working because their methods are dragged for no good reason.  Not everyone can be an overconfident a** like me.