2021s longest hybrid?

Anyone compare or hit g425, sim, radspeed or Tsi to compare?

I am dying to find something that can replace my Jetspeed 3 hybrid but after all these years there is nothing as long as it that Ive found but I would really like something new that looks a lot better but performs the same as my jet speed.

I was looking at the G425 possibly...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't mess with woods that work. If that jetspeed gives you what you need keep riding that train. I also find flaw in "what hybrid is the longest". This club is meant to hit a number. I'd argue driver

Callaway Super hybrid

like mentioned above if you're looking for flat out distance, nothing will beat the Callaway super hybrid and its not close   but for 2021 release Im seeing some impressive numbers with the

like mentioned above if you're looking for flat out distance, nothing will beat the Callaway super hybrid and its not close

but for 2021 release Im seeing some impressive numbers with the PXG Proto hybrid. Sim2 Rescue is a close 2nd. Ultimately PXG was surprisingly very forgiving  for the profile and its honestly my favorite club to hit at the moment

• Like 2

PXG Gen4 0811x 7.5*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx

TM 300 Mini 13.5*.... Ventus Black 7x

PXG Gen4 0317 2h 18* hybrid.... Ventus Blue 9x or New Level NLU-01 18*... Ventus Black 10tx

PXG Gen2 Utility 22*.... Accra iSteel 125

New Level PF-1 Black 5-P ... Accra iSteel 125

Corey Paul wedges 52 , 56 , 60 ... KBS $-Taper 125 S+

2021 Scotty Phantom x5.5 w/ Stability Tour Black

On 3/17/2021 at 8:05 AM, JoeFrigo said:

like mentioned above if you're looking for flat out distance, nothing will beat the Callaway super hybrid and its not close

but for 2021 release Im seeing some impressive numbers with the PXG Proto hybrid. Sim2 Rescue is a close 2nd. Ultimately PXG was surprisingly very forgiving  for the profile and its honestly my favorite club to hit at the moment

I hope you're right I ended up ordering one yesterday from Callaway pre-owned I found one in new condition with an extra stiff shaft so I hope it's a bomber!

• Like 1

Got fit into the G425 17 degree with tour shaft x-stiff and was hitting bombs with it. Never hit any 3 wood or hybrid straighter. Obviously when I get it, I’ll go back to hitting awful but I’m very excited to get it. Gets off the ground very easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2008  Burner: Soon to be G425 LST 10.5 w/ Ping Tour 65 X-stiff

G425 2 hybrid - Ping tour 85x

Mizuno 921 forged w/kbs c taper lite x-stiff (4-GW)

random wedges

TM Spyder

31 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Don't mess with woods that work. If that jetspeed gives you what you need keep riding that train. I also find flaw in "what hybrid is the longest". This club is meant to hit a number. I'd argue driver is the only club that doesn't need a period at the end.

Agreed with not messing with what works, but if the club is something you just want to go long, it doesn’t hurt to seek alternatives. 

I play 2 hybrids to hit numbers, (Adams super 9031 proto with Modus 105 steel shafts)  they are not the longest, or fastest, but blend well with my set and allow me to hit consistent numbers at 20* and 23*

I also carry a 16* CBX 119 at 1/2 over for longest possible distance while maintaining a good dispersion. I do this because I wasn’t carrying a fairway wood at the time. I recently purchased a CBX119 16.5* “3” wood, but I can see the 2 clubs being interchangeable depending on how I’m feeling any particular day. 

im very straight off the tee and still put it out there for someone that’s 45 with back problems, so I needed something to close the huge gap between my driver and 20* Adams 9031 hybrid. I hit more fairways with my driver than a did with my low lofted (sub 15*) 3wood, so the long bomber hybrid filled that role..... I think the 4 wood will fill that role once I can get it dialed in as far as headweight and shaft length, but that will be a while since I tore my rotator cuff. It seemed to perform well for the brief range time I had with it. Long, nit super high and pretty tight dispersion, I’m hoping that will only improve! 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Don't mess with woods that work. If that jetspeed gives you what you need keep riding that train. I also find flaw in "what hybrid is the longest". This club is meant to hit a number. I'd argue driver is the only club that doesn't need a period at the end.

I partly agree with you. Matt from txg said it well in a recent hybrid testing video...I'd rather hit the hybrid carry number with ballspeed because then the hybrid can be higher spin. 

5 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

I partly agree with you. Matt from txg said it well in a recent hybrid testing video...I'd rather hit the hybrid carry number with ballspeed because then the hybrid can be higher spin. 

Agreed! You can hit numbers in different ways for sure! Higher ball speed, stable spin, and consistent launch equal a better experience all around. If I had to guess, a fitting would likely unveil something that beats the jetspeed.

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Ventus Black 6x

Callaway EFSZ @ 14* Ventus Black 7x

Callaway TC Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X (Gamer) | Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x

Callaway X-Forged UT 24* Project X 6.5

Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Project X 6.5 | Srixon z945 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 

Vokey JDM Forged 50F & 56M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey Tour Issue Raw TVD Prototype M 60* KBS Wedge 130x

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 | Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 | Byron Morgan DH89 34/70*/2*

Srixon Z Star XV 2021

Linksouldier 

5 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Agreed! You can hit numbers in different ways for sure! Higher ball speed, stable spin, and consistent launch equal a better experience all around. If I had to guess, a fitting would likely unveil something that beats the jetspeed.

Yeah I just want something different to look at but nothing has ever come close to beating it for distance and height and stopping power, I've tried every combo and hybrid on the planet and the Jetspeed is always like 15 yards farther even at same loft or less loft. The funny thing is I play extra stiff in everything and the Jetspeed is just the ugly stock stiff shaft but somehow it performs and never hooks on me and it's just one of those unicorn combos that works so I haven't been able to replace it. 

8 minutes ago, russian7 said:

Yeah I just want something different to look at but nothing has ever come close to beating it for distance and height and stopping power, I've tried every combo and hybrid on the planet and the Jetspeed is always like 15 yards farther even at same loft or less loft. The funny thing is I play extra stiff in everything and the Jetspeed is just the ugly stock stiff shaft but somehow it performs and never hooks on me and it's just one of those unicorn combos that works so I haven't been able to replace it. 

Have you tried 2020 clk or ts2/3?

20 minutes ago, russian7 said:

There’s a reason you see tour pros with beat to sh!t hybrids and fairways from 10 years ago... I sold a 3 wood I loved to get the newer version and I’ll never make that mistake again  

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Ventus Black 6x

Callaway EFSZ @ 14* Ventus Black 7x

Callaway TC Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X (Gamer) | Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x

Callaway X-Forged UT 24* Project X 6.5

Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Project X 6.5 | Srixon z945 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 

Vokey JDM Forged 50F & 56M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey Tour Issue Raw TVD Prototype M 60* KBS Wedge 130x

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 | Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 | Byron Morgan DH89 34/70*/2*

Srixon Z Star XV 2021

Linksouldier 

I agree with @TigerInTheWoods that you shouldn't be looking for the longest hybrid...look for one that goes a consistent number.  However, I am somewhat of a hypocrite and bag a Callaway Super Hybrid.  It is a 17 degree turned down to 16, and I don't carry a 3 wood.  To me replacing a 3/4 wood is the only reason you should want a super long hybrid.  I also carry a 20 degree 3 hybrid that I want to go a consistent number.

To the original poster @russian7, Ping G425 was the longest 3 hybrid I tested.  TM Sim 2 Rescue and Titleist TSi3 were about the same distance.  However I ended up going with the Callaway Apex Pro (better consistency and flight, second in distance compared to Ping G425).  I would say Titleist TSi3 would have been my runner up, followed by Ping G425.  Would be happy to answer questions about any of the hybrids if it can help your decision.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, werpennstate23 said:

I agree with @TigerInTheWoods that you shouldn't be looking for the longest hybrid...look for one that goes a consistent number.  However, I am somewhat of a hypocrite and bag a Callaway Super Hybrid.  It is a 17 degree turned down to 16, and I don't carry a 3 wood.  To me replacing a 3/4 wood is the only reason you should want a super long hybrid.  I also carry a 20 degree 3 hybrid that I want to go a consistent number.

To the original poster @russian7, Ping G425 was the longest 3 hybrid I tested.  TM Sim 2 Rescue and Titleist TSi3 were about the same distance.  However I ended up going with the Callaway Apex Pro (better consistency and flight, second in distance compared to Ping G425).  I would say Titleist TSi3 would have been my runner up, followed by Ping G425.  Would be happy to answer questions about any of the hybrids if it can help your decision.

Thanks! Have you hit the Callaway Super? My jetspeed hybrid goes 230 4 iron is 200-210 but i lovethat with jetspeed a smooth swing is 215, normal swing 230 hard is 245, it launches high and stops but goes whatever you want it to go ...other hybrids seem to peak at 215-220 even on hard swings 

22 hours ago, russian7 said:

Thanks! Have you hit the Callaway Super? My jetspeed hybrid goes 230 4 iron is 200-210 but i lovethat with jetspeed a smooth swing is 215, normal swing 230 hard is 245, it launches high and stops but goes whatever you want it to go ...other hybrids seem to peak at 215-220 even on hard swings 

Yes, I’ve got a 17 degree super hybrid which is turned down to 16.  Great club off the tee but not real good off the turf.  Kinda a one trick pony...but does that trick pretty well.

I'm a Titleist TS2 / 818H1 hybrid guy but did buy Callaway Super Hybrids in 17 and 20.  I didn't hit either of them particularly well, not were they longer on my best strikes. It also confirmed that I like my clubs to have some sole camber.  Longer soled "flat bottomed" hybrids like the Callaway Super or any recent Ping don't work for me.

Edited by ARL67

WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
Titleist TSi2 11* with Evenflow White 65

Titleist TSi2 18* hybrid with Evenflow White 90
Titleist TS2 23* hybrid with Accra FX300H
Srixon ZX7 / ZX5 5-GW with Steelfiber i110cw
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* Full with Steelfiber i110cw
Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Flatso 3.0
Set #2: MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i95cw
Set #3: MP-4 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 5:05 PM, Hollywoodtlb said:

Got fit into the G425 17 degree with tour shaft x-stiff and was hitting bombs with it. Never hit any 3 wood or hybrid straighter. Obviously when I get it, I’ll go back to hitting awful but I’m very excited to get it. Gets off the ground very easily. 

Unfortunately this happened to me. On Trackman with the stock Alta it was nothing but soft falling fades about 230 (19 deg). First day at the range, thing did not go anywhere where I wanted it to go. 

Day 2 was slightly better, but a concerning start nonetheless. 🤞🏽

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9 deg  / Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6x

Titleist TS3 3 wood / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x

PING G425 Hybrid 19.5 deg / Ping Alta CB Slate 

Taylor Made SIM DHY 2 iron / Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 90 Stiff (tipped 1/2")

Mizuno JPX 900 Tours 4-PW / KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff

Titleist SM5 50,54,60 / KBS 610 Stiff

Taylor Made Spider X Chalk  

Always find it interesting how a lot of players are looking for the best of the current model year. Looking for shiny and new I suppose. Doing themselves a huge disservice by disregarding vintage models that could quite likely be better in every category. 

It's really subjective, but I won't be replacing my 818h2 maybe ever. Although, I could easily go back to either and Adams XTD-Ti, or Super LS, particularly if pure distance was my only objective. 

Mizuno ST-X 10.5

Titleist 917f3 13.5d. 

Titleist 818h2 17d. 

WIlson Staff C300 forged 4-pw

Srixon U-85 20d. 

Scratch 8620 53d. 

Odyssey white hot pro

On 6/14/2021 at 4:24 AM, bnp144 said:

Original Sim Max 3. Forgiving as all get out. Can be had brand new for around $150-160ish

I'd second that.  I gamed the OG SIM Max 3h last year with a AD-DI shaft.  It was long and forgiving.  I'd wager the 2021 SIM2 Max to be very similar.  IMO it is quite forgiving and easy to launch in a "modest" sized chassis. It's not TSi3, Apex, or SIM2 small....but it's not a mini-fairway wood either.  I'd give it a go.  The RDX Smoke Black 6.5 is a very good stock offering if you can find that combo.  Stay away from the non-Velocore Ventus.   

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5*, Ventus Black 6X 
TaylorMade SIM2 3W 15*, Ventus Blue 7X
TaylorMade SIM2 3H 19.5*, Ventus Blue 9X

TaylorMade P7MC 4-PW, DG TI X100
TaylorMade MG2 50, 54, 58, DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 (2021)

On 3/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, TigerInTheWoods said:

There’s a reason you see tour pros with beat to sh!t hybrids and fairways from 10 years ago... I sold a 3 wood I loved to get the newer version and I’ll never make that mistake again  

Joel Dahmen's Ping Anser hybrid comes to mind.  That thing might not have any paint left on it anymore.

W/S Cortex 10.5* - Fuji Pro/S
W/S C300 13.5* - Fuji Pro/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT 80hy/S
W/S Staff Model MB 5-P  DGS300
W/S Staff Model 52/56/60 - DGS300
Stroke Lab Seven