Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Purchased a putter on here Monday (3/15) afternoon..was told it was shipped and was given a tracking number Monday night..ETA was Thursday (3/18)..after the tracking seemed weird I investigated that the putter was going to the wrong city. 
 

Seller responded that he wrote the correct address on the package and USPS must have entered the wrong zip. He said he would talk to his local PO and figure it out. Hasn’t not given an update since then (over 24 hours) and the package is still in the incorrect city and has not moved for over 24 hours. 
 

I contacted my post office to try to help and they said they can put in an inquiry and tel them it belongs in another spot, but again has not moved 

 

I have reached out to seller twice today just asking for an update with no response. 
 

what should my next step be? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just recently had an item coming from FL to PA. It made it to WV, then ended up in Atlanta. About a week later it made it here.  You’ve started this thread WAY too early IMO, but I understand.  USPS

Not uncommon in this usps f up era. I have had pkgs get to the next town over and then had the po send it 1000 miles south, then they turn around and sent it back in a few days. I believe it will show

As Aaron Rogers would say, "RELAX!" It hasn't been long enough yet to get so worried. The fact that no tracking has been entered on USPS is pretty much meaningless these days. I recently had a package

The way I see it you have three options. 
 

1) Ask the seller for a refund. If he’s telling the truth, the situation isn’t his fault, but it still falls under his responsibility to get you the putter in a reasonable amount of time (which isn’t happening).

 

2) Try and wait it out if you really want the putter. However, even if everything goes 100% right from here on out your still looking at several weeks minimum before you could possibly get it. You’ll have to wait for the package to go to the wrong city, them send it back to the post office, the post office return it to the seller, and then the seller send it back to you. 
 

3) If the seller has gone completely unresponsive you can always file a PayPal claim to get your money back. Considering it’s only been 24 hours since his last message this would be a little extreme in my opinion. I’d give it at least 72 hours or more of him being totally silent before taking a step like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Duffer222 said:

I just recently had an item coming from FL to PA. It made it to WV, then ended up in Atlanta. About a week later it made it here.  You’ve started this thread WAY too early IMO, but I understand.  USPS is very hit & miss right now that tracking is pretty much worthless.

I understand what you’re saying but this isn’t a tracking problem. It was actually mailed to the wrong city and I really don’t have anyway to make sure the correct address was written on the package. Thank you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, williaza said:

I understand what you’re saying but this isn’t a tracking problem. It was actually mailed to the wrong city and I really don’t have anyway to make sure the correct address was written on the package. Thank you 

Sorry, I misunderstood.  If that’s the case then I would file a claim with PayPal. Doesn’t matter who’s fault it is, it’s the seller’s responsibility.

USPS will have pictures of the actual package label.  Seller should be helping you at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Duffer222 said:

Sorry, I misunderstood.  If that’s the case then I would file a claim with PayPal. Doesn’t matter who’s fault it is, it’s the seller’s responsibility.

USPS will have pictures of the actual package label.  Seller should be helping you at this point.

In your opinion you think it’s appropriate for me to just ask for a refund. I’m torn because  it’s not his fault and it’s not lost lost but it’s been in this wrong city now for two days not moving and his communication hasn’t really been great 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, williaza said:

Purchased a putter on here Monday (3/15) afternoon..was told it was shipped and was given a tracking number Monday night..ETA was Thursday (3/18)..after the tracking seemed weird I investigated that the putter was going to the wrong city. 
 

Seller responded that he wrote the correct address on the package and USPS must have entered the wrong zip. He said he would talk to his local PO and figure it out. Hasn’t not given an update since then (over 24 hours) and the package is still in the incorrect city and has not moved for over 24 hours. 
 

I contacted my post office to try to help and they said they can put in an inquiry and tel them it belongs in another spot, but again has not moved 

 

I have reached out to seller twice today just asking for an update with no response. 
 

what should my next step be? 

Give it some time!!!

The USPS is a real CF nowadays.  Not the sellers Fault  I mailed a parcel to Detroit from NE Indiana that went to FL.  Took six weeks to get there.  Give the sender some slack... He most likely sent the putter to the Address and Zip Code that Paypal gave him.  Sheesh it has only been 5 days!! If it has not arrived in two weeks then file your paypal..  or ask the sender for a refund... Just remember if you ask and get a refund you'll just have to give it back when the package arrives...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dhacker56 said:

Give it some time!!!

The USPS is a real CF nowadays.  Not the sellers Fault  I mailed a parcel to Detroit from NE Indiana that went to FL.  Took six weeks to get there.  Give the sender some slack... He most likely sent the putter to the Address and Zip Code that Paypal gave him.  Sheesh it has only been 5 days!! If it has not arrived in two weeks then file your paypal..  or ask the sender for a refund... Just remember if you ask and get a refund you'll just have to give it back when the package arrives...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I understand what you’re saying. I don’t blame the seller (I wish for a little better communication but again it’s been ok). 
 

the package wasn’t “sent to the address PayPal sent him” he confirmed to me that the package was put into the system as the wrong city and is in that city right now and hasn’t moved in over two days. 
 

I am just concerned what the outcome will be as I can’t confirm the package has the correct address written on it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As Aaron Rogers would say, "RELAX!" It hasn't been long enough yet to get so worried. The fact that no tracking has been entered on USPS is pretty much meaningless these days. I recently had a package delivered that never had anything entered in the tracking history between the time it left the original PO until it was at my door 2 weeks later. I did have my local PO start a package inquiry and it was amazing that it was at my door two days later.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, williaza said:
48 minutes ago, dhacker56 said:

Give it some time!!!

The USPS is a real CF nowadays.  Not the sellers Fault  I mailed a parcel to Detroit from NE Indiana that went to FL.  Took six weeks to get there.  Give the sender some slack... He most likely sent the putter to the Address and Zip Code that Paypal gave him.  Sheesh it has only been 5 days!! If it has not arrived in two weeks then file your paypal..  or ask the sender for a refund... Just remember if you ask and get a refund you'll just have to give it back when the package arrives...

A lot of members here do not come on here every day.  Has the seller been on here since you wrote your PMs?  You should be able to see when he last viewed the PMs. I retired from the USPS after 31 years and I now refuse to use the USPS for any package mailing..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dhacker56 said:

A lot of members here do not come on here every day.  Has the seller been on here since you wrote your PMs?  You should be able to see when he last viewed the PMs. I retired from the USPS after 31 years and I now refuse to use the USPS for any package mailing..

Yea I get it. And I am overreacting. It’s just a mini frustrating situation because it’s got a few layers and basically I’m waiting at best over a week after ETA for the putter or at worst 2-4 weeks for a refund. 
 

seller has been fine. 
 

also, I know it’s current and easy to jump on USPS and this is mostly their error but every time i mail USPS they ask to confirm the mailing address on the screen..no? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, williaza said:

Yea I get it. And I am overreacting. It’s just a mini frustrating situation because it’s got a few layers and basically I’m waiting at best over a week after ETA for the putter or at worst 2-4 weeks for a refund. 
 

seller has been fine. 
 

also, I know it’s current and easy to jump on USPS and this is mostly their error but every time i mail USPS they ask to confirm the mailing address on the screen..no? 

Did you use Paypal?  If so they also give the address to mail to  That is the only address I will EVER mail a purchase to.  Is you Paypal address correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites

While you are probably a little too frantic, you aren’t wrong.... 🙂

 

Seems like many readers aren’t actually reading your original post. Yes, the USPS is a total crap show these days. Yes, a normal Priority 2 day package can take 10 days now (happened to me 2 weeks ago). 
But in your case, the USPS has some plausible deniability - the wrong address is on the shipment. And yes, as far as I know, they always ask the shipper to confirm the address. So you have a real issue because the usual crap show is now layered with an actual error.

 

If you need the item right away, you’re not wrong in asking for a refund and moving on so you can buy it elsewhere. But honestly if you needed it right away, USPS isn’t the way to go anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@williaza

 

Seller should run an intercept on the package and have it returned to him. But I believe at this point there’s nothing you can do but wait on him. I don’t think you’re starting this too early or being impatient at all when there clearly was a mistake that needs to be fixed before the club is delivered who knows where and to somebody he cannot contact. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VNutz said:

@williaza

 

Seller should run an intercept on the package and have it returned to him. But I believe at this point there’s nothing you can do but wait on him. I don’t think you’re starting this too early or being impatient at all when there clearly was a mistake that needs to be fixed before the club is delivered who knows where and to somebody he cannot contact. 

Yea it’s a little frustrating 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LPSISCO said:

While you are probably a little too frantic, you aren’t wrong.... 🙂

 

Seems like many readers aren’t actually reading your original post. Yes, the USPS is a total crap show these days. Yes, a normal Priority 2 day package can take 10 days now (happened to me 2 weeks ago). 
But in your case, the USPS has some plausible deniability - the wrong address is on the shipment. And yes, as far as I know, they always ask the shipper to confirm the address. So you have a real issue because the usual crap show is now layered with an actual error.

 

If you need the item right away, you’re not wrong in asking for a refund and moving on so you can buy it elsewhere. But honestly if you needed it right away, USPS isn’t the way to go anyway. 

You need to read the OP again.  It plainly says the sender put the correct address on the box.  The only address he would have is the Paypal address.  It says the USPS must have entered the zip code accidentally.  So it appears it is ALL on the USPS. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bkrueger said:

As Aaron Rogers would say, "RELAX!" It hasn't been long enough yet to get so worried. The fact that no tracking has been entered on USPS is pretty much meaningless these days. I recently had a package delivered that never had anything entered in the tracking history between the time it left the original PO until it was at my door 2 weeks later. I did have my local PO start a package inquiry and it was amazing that it was at my door two days later.

Did you even read the posts?! OP said it was SHIPPED to the wrong city and verified by the seller that it was shipped to the wrong city. OP also said tracking was updated to show it was sent to and in the wrong city. 

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is frustrating for you. All you can do is wait for the mistake to be corrected by USPS. This may take a while. The seller said he shipped it to the correct address. There was probably a misscan and a different zip code came up on the scan and off your package goes to the wrong place. 

 

I had this happen to me once. I ordered a hybrid from Ohio shipping to me in Maryland. After one day it was in the Baltimore hub and I thought it would be in Frederick the next day and out for delivery.. It sat there for three days with no updates. The next update said it was out for delivery in California. I contacted the seller and they said the correct address was on the label. The seller inquired on the item and he told me it was a miscan on USPS's part. The next tracking update said undeliverable and it took three weeks to get delivered to me. I was pissed at USPS. The package moved around in decent time until it had to come back to me after their mistake.

 

If it was me I would wait. It sucks because I know everyone wants their new toys as fast as possible. The seller checked and said he had the right address on your package. I would stop worrying about that part and figure USPS has messed up and will sort out the problem. I guess you could file with PP and take that route. If I was the seller I would drag that out as long as possible since the club has been shipped. 

 

As a seller I always communicate well with my buyers to make them feel as relaxed as possible when there are delivery issues. The isn't alot to say though. Check to see if the address is correct. Contact USPS about the package. There isn't much of an answer they give you besides they will check on it and fix the problem. So there isn't much to tell the buyer but wait for the miss delivery to correct itself and get to you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 3M Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #5
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #6
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #7
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #8
       
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #5
       
       
       
      TaylorMade MG3 wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Mizuno 225 2 iron - 2021 3M Open
      TaylorMade Mini Driver - 2021 3M Open
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 3M Open
      New Odyssey putter cover - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Rypstick training aid - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi putters and covers - 2021 3M Open
      Kuch putting right armlock - 2021 3M Open
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 13 replies
    • 2021 TPC Colorado Champ. @ Heron Lakes WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #1
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #2
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #3
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #4
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #5
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #6
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #7
       
      Titleist T200 2& 3 irons - 2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes
       

       

       
      • 16 replies
    • 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos- Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here.
       
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #1
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #2
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #3
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #4
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #5
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic
       

       
       
       
       
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 Travelers Championship - Discussion & Links
      2021 Titleist T100 irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist T100S irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist U 505 (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      Mitsubishi Tensei K series (red, white & blue US Open) shaft - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      Rickie Fowler's custom Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #2
       
      • 20 replies
    • Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Discussion and Links
      Please put any question or comments here.
       
      Links to the galleries...
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #1
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #2
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #3
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #4
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #5
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #6
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #7
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #8
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #9
       
      Adam Svensson with new model of Puma golf shoes - 2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry)
       


       
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #1
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #2
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #3
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #4
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #5
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #6
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #7
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #8
      2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry) - Tuesday #9
       
      Adam Svensson with new model of Puma golf shoes - 2021 Wichita Open (Korn Ferry)
       

       
        • Like
      • 4 replies

×
×
  • Create New...