2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Anybody drinkin green tea?

bscinstnct

On 3/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, miamistomp said:

It is more relaxed awareness than a bump

You wanna get areal bump the new Coke and black coffee--great stuff for caffeine tolerant like me

Coca-Cola With Coffee Dark Blend Zero Sugar Cans

I love this stuff! I had my dad, son and GF try it and they all thought it was disgusting. The Safeway I shop at had it, discounted it and now stopped carrying it! 😩 I’ve looked at other stores and can’t find it. Wondering if it was a flop? 

• Like 1

Hot is mostly macha. And you only need a tiny amount per cup. The amount that would sit on a tiny macha spoon like this. Don't use too much. Everyone I see in the US puts waaaaaaaay too much. Oh and a cup is a tiny cup, not a 55 gallon barrel like a large size drink from McDonald's...

This is available almost everywhere and really is the most popular ocha in Japan.

ocha.jpeg

chashaku-bamboo-matcha-scoop-361.jpeg

matchakari_products_organic_chefs_choice.jpeg

• Like 2

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

7 hours ago, TiScape said:

Coffee to green tea?!...

image.gif.f73693eea77b2f0efb6b4563f72bb8c6.gif

Tryin to go far out Eastern, yo. Get more chill morning vibe, b.

🤣

Cereal, though, between quitting drinking and fitness, eating on point, I have an overall feeling of far more calm and peace. Been years in the making to “reset” the bodies workings. 

Theres that ultimate sense of unity of body and mind that you get after a particularly viscous cardio workout, for example. When you recognize it, you see what a “perfect” state of mind is. (Well, besides...anyway, lol)

So, now in the morning, I find I’m in a very chill state. But on workdays, especially, you can’t be all cumbaya with business so gotta get your head in a little bit of a “mode”

But I’m finding that coffee is way overshooting that into being overly energized. 

So, I hear about green tea and that it brings a certain alertness but without too much up front jolt. 

Who knows? Maybe I’m just trying to mitigate an addiction but still maintain it by lying to myself and just taking the same drug in a different wrapper. 

Maybe the true answer is to quit caffeine altogether. Meditate and Do yoga in the morning or go for a run and just let the natural state of awakening occur....

FC63AA69-4CC6-4E9F-B8E5-1ADE1AD64E2A.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

🤣

Cereal, though, between quitting drinking and fitness, eating on point, I have an overall feeling of far more calm and peace. Been years in the making to “reset” the bodies workings. 

Theres that ultimate sense of unity of body and mind that you get after a particularly viscous cardio workout, for example. When you recognize it, you see what a “perfect” state of mind is. (Well, besides...anyway, lol)

So, now in the morning, I find I’m in a very chill state. But on workdays, especially, you can’t be all cumbaya with business so gotta get your head in a little bit of a “mode”

But I’m finding that coffee is way overshooting that into being overly energized. 

So, I hear about green tea and that it brings a certain alertness but without too much up front jolt. 

Who knows? Maybe I’m just trying to mitigate an addiction but still maintain it by lying to myself and just taking the same drug in a different wrapper. 

Maybe the true answer is to quit caffeine altogether. Meditate and Do yoga in the morning or go for a run and just let the natural state of awakening occur....

image.jpeg.4b39bd3a1815493ec449c4ba595d8678.jpeg

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TiScape said:

image.jpeg.4b39bd3a1815493ec449c4ba595d8678.jpeg

My father in law is the epitome of that.

He drinks green tea, does yoga,  listens to classical music when he’s driving...

And hurls a string obscenities that would make a sailor blush at the merest slight by another driver 😂

I guess that’s what it means to be human ; )

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

My father in law is the epitome of that.

He drinks green tea, does yoga,  listens to classical music when he’s driving...

And hurls a string obscenities that would make a sailor blush at the merest slight by another driver 😂

I guess that’s what it means to be human ; )

Just imagine without all the green tea, yoga and classical he’d be killin’ ppl! 😂 

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:40 PM, BIG STU said:

I drink it some. I get the Lipton brand in the bottle---- My wife hates it --- Supposed to be good for you with antioxidents etc. My wife likes that Milo's Sweet Tea in the gallon jugs

Stu sorry you had to give up your iced tea. I'm not a coffee drinker (my entire family is) but get my caffeine fix from Iced Tea. Has your wife tried the Milo's Lemonade/Sweet Tea? It's very good. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grm24 said:

Stu sorry you had to give up your iced tea. I'm not a coffee drinker (my entire family is) but get my caffeine fix from Iced Tea. Has your wife tried the Milo's Lemonade/Sweet Tea? It's very good. 

She does not like that "Arnold Palmer" style tea but I do. I have tried it in the like 20 oz container

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

On 3/29/2021 at 8:22 PM, bscinstnct said:

Coffee ️ so yummy in the morning though 

Yes! Sure we can get our morning doses of caffeine from various sources. For me just the aroma of coffee in the morning helps get my day started. I really look forward to it. Heck, just the smell of high quality fresh coffee grounds is ahhhhh. I’ve tried, no way to replace that with green tea or any tea for that matter. Just drink it in moderation, or maybe try half caff if you don’t want as big of a jolt. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TiScape said:

Yes! Sure we can get our morning doses of caffeine from various sources. For me just the aroma of coffee in the morning helps get my day started. I really look forward to it. Heck, just the smell of high quality fresh coffee grounds is ahhhhh. I’ve tried, no way to replace that with green tea or any tea for that matter. Just drink it in moderation, or maybe try half caff if you don’t want as big of a jolt. 

Yeah.... just had a cappuccino, man that’s delicious.

Green tea! Still gonna try!

Gotta get Zen, yo. 🤣

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, BIG STU said:

BTW The fine folks at Folgers love me. Starting at 0400 every morning 4 cups then water from then on 

That is me, except I cannot stand Folgers. So much so I’m thinking about buying another grinder and a small coffee maker for my office since Folgers is the only thing available at work. For the house, I buy random whole bean coffee at the store, grind fresh every morning, brew a full pot. A full pot for me makes 3 of my coffee cups. I’ll pour one cup in a yeti to take to work, and drink the other 2 while I watch the news. All kicking off at 0400 Monday - Friday. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was a heavy coffee drinker from like 20-35 or so yo.  Eventually started getting sort of dizzy like in the middle of the day, almost like I was drunk.  Thought perhaps it was the caffeine and decided to try skipping coffee (I was like 48 oz before lunch, 48 again after).  

I had been drinking tea anyway, but just decided to go full time tea and no coffee.  I generally drink black teas, but the occasional green and the dizziness/imbalance hasn’t happened since.  Would still say that though I don’t drink coffee, I love it, but I’m just not going to drink it.  Might try decaf at some point, but so far tea has scratched the itch for me.  Going on two years.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, bscinstnct said:

Can’t believe I’m even considering switching from coffee but...I thinkin might try it. Seems more chill than coffee but still has a little caffeine?

Anybody goin green tea and speak to the experience and benefits? If you switched from coffee, was it a tough transition in the morning?

I moved from Diet Coke to tea… I drink black tea in the morning and will have green tea later in the day… I also stopped drinking alcohol last year, so I’ll make myself fancy tea instead of cocktails on occasion…

Loose leaf tea is fun! Lots of fun flavor options and it’s a crazy world to explore… we have a local tea company that does some fun stuff… 

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:30 PM, bobleeswagger said:

Was a heavy coffee drinker from like 20-35 or so yo.  Eventually started getting sort of dizzy like in the middle of the day, almost like I was drunk.  Thought perhaps it was the caffeine and decided to try skipping coffee (I was like 48 oz before lunch, 48 again after).  

I had been drinking tea anyway, but just decided to go full time tea and no coffee.  I generally drink black teas, but the occasional green and the dizziness/imbalance hasn’t happened since.  Would still say that though I don’t drink coffee, I love it, but I’m just not going to drink it.  Might try decaf at some point, but so far tea has scratched the itch for me.  Going on two years.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:42 PM, Myherobobhope said:

I moved from Diet Coke to tea… I drink black tea in the morning and will have green tea later in the day… I also stopped drinking alcohol last year, so I’ll make myself fancy tea instead of cocktails on occasion…

Loose leaf tea is fun! Lots of fun flavor options and it’s a crazy world to explore… we have a local tea company that does some fun stuff… 

Oh, me thread is alive I see!

Thanks bob and herobob, you guys have the fortitude and determination I can’t seem to muster. Appreciate the details on what you moved to since quitting Java.

Sad to say, I never even got any green tea…or black tea for that matter, lol

I did cut down to 3 tablespoons of coffee, I make 13 ounces with it. 

I think it’s like anything else as far as changing a behavior. Gotta suck it up and go through the discomfort and find good alternatives like you guys did. 

Cool you quit alcohol, herobob. I didn’t quit completely but cut from 2-4 glasses of wine a night to no wine and maybe 2-3 beers a week and often nothing. It’s fantastic benefits on a few levels. 

• Like 1

https://www.louisvilleteacompany.com/

highly recommend their products, they are also very responsive to emails.

Tea infuser has been super helpful for quickly making a cup… 

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, bscinstnct said:

🤣

But I’m finding that coffee is way overshooting that into being overly energized. 

I would agree that coffee makes you feel too energetic and it irritates sometimes. I really love coffee but I don't like this feeling. 

I usually drink tea during the week, coffee on weekends. I used to drink 4-6 cups of coffee/day about 5 years ago, but gradually went down to two 10oz cups/day, then switched to mostly tea.

I couldn't really get into the green teas, but I found a couple of black teas with good flavor and some caffeine punch. It's also nice to not need any "extras" (half & half, sugar, etc). I can easily stash a few tea bags in a suitcase or in my work backpack and make a cup anywhere that I have hot water.  I also traded sodas for sparkling water about 2 years ago, so my sweet tooth isn't quite as strong as it used to be.

My current favorites, all naturally sweet enough to not require sugar (for me):

Yogi Positive Energy Sweet Tangerine
https://yogiproducts.com/teas/green-teas/sweet-tangerine-positive-energy/

Twinings Peach Cold Brew (when brewed with hot water it has a little more punch than normal peach teas)

https://twiningsusa.com/products/peach-cold-brewed

Tazo Earl Grey

https://www.tazo.com/us/en/products/tea-bags/earl-grey.html

One additional recommendation I'd have is to play around with brew times, amounts of water, flavor combinations, etc. For instance, I like the Twinings Peach best when combined with the Yogi Sweet Tangerine, I almost never drink the Peach by itself. Also understand that a tea "serving" is 8oz, so for my normal 20oz tumbler mug I use 2 tea bags and leave a little room at the top.  Most people I see who complain about their tea use either too much water or too much tea, which can affect the flavor and the amount of caffeine. I also tend to brew my teas longer than the instructed "5 minutes", which helps release a little more of the caffeine from the tea leaves. For the Sweet Tangerine tea, oversteeping actually makes it sweeter but for some other teas, oversteeping can make them very bitter so you'll have to play around with them a little to suit your taste.

Edited by Mych
  • Like 1

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

• 2 weeks later...

I got deep into green tea years back. I was doing loose leaf from a tea shop. Eventually I settled on bags because of the ease.

The Tazo green mint with lemongrass was good.

image.png.85f744af4efe33a96dc7d6e52a604431.png

The other was this Korean brown rice green tea. It is spectacular.

image.png.1d518f0fd10b34d1ccc49f8f34d0c37f.png

• Thanks 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

15 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Op here and I very much appreciate the continued feedback.

Still haven’t kicked the daily Java bean but now cut down to just one 10oz cup a day. 

Oh, but I did have green tea ice cream after sushi last night! 🤣

The korean brown rice green tee I mentioned above is an excellent bridge for when you are craving coffee. It has a much more earthy flavor than regular green tee.

• Thanks 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

I switched last year and am happy I did. I usually have Harney&sons or good ol kirkland Macha tea bags during the week and golf mornings. I can't trust a cup of coffee to not make me hit the bathroom 3 times before I tee off.

But it has made me appreciate good coffee more so when I make some I use a French press and fancy beans 

• Like 1

One cup of coffee in the AM does me good.   Of course it's a 32oz Yeti but hey, it's one cup stop judging me!

I like green tea too but usually end up putting too much sugar in it.

A co-worker will down a pot of coffee and 6 Red Bulls during a normal work day.   Says he sleeps well, not sure though.

• Like 1
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• 4 weeks later...