USPS testing my patience. How long is reasonable to wait for a shipment?

kcsf

Reasonable time to wait for delivery before requesting a refund  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, cgasucks said:

The seller did his part by shipping your item same day you paid (which is very impressive since I expect to have a seller ship something to me within 48 hours).  Now it is in the hands of USPS and the seller has no control over what they do. 

You do know that the world is in a pandemic right?  The world doesn't revolve around you as you're not the only one experiencing delayed shipments.

Aw, someone needs a hug. Why don't you just pipe down your aggressive nature pal and re-read the first post. My question is WHEN is an acceptable time to begin the process of refunding. I'm quite aware of the pandemic, but everything isn't attributed to it. Since I've purchased the shaft I've bought ~20 other items, all have been delivered. 

The sellers part (no matter who the seller is) doesn't end until delivery is made and the item is in the same condition as when the sale was made. That's called a contract and that's the only way it works, full stop. As a seller you accept these terms when you've made a sale. Dropping it off for shipping doesn't absolve your responsibility. Why is this simple fact so hard for you to understand?

This thread has been great to grab info who not to buy from or sell to. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

14 minutes ago, kcsf said:

Aw, someone needs a hug. Why don't you just pipe down your aggressive nature pal and re-read the first post. My question is WHEN is an acceptable time to begin the process of refunding. I'm quite aware of the pandemic, but everything isn't attributed to it. Since I've purchased the shaft I've bought ~20 other items, all have been delivered. 

The sellers part (no matter who the seller is) doesn't end until delivery is made and the item is in the same condition as when the sale was made. That's called a contract and that's the only way it works, full stop. As a seller you accept these terms when you've made a sale. Dropping it off for shipping doesn't absolve your responsibility. Why is this simple fact so hard for you to understand?

Your item is still in transit per the USPS tracking. Did the sale include any terms about when the item would be delivered to you? Were you guaranteed delivery by a certain date? I'm guessing not. I know it's frustrating, but from where I sit you have no right to request a refund while your package is still in transit per the USPS tracking. It doesn't particularly matter if it's been a week or a month or two months.

It would be nice if the seller would contact USPS to inquire as to where your package is actually located. From experience, I can pretty much guarantee that he or she will wait on hold for hours and end up with virtually no worthwhile information. I'd do that, just because I'm a human and I understand the frustration of being in the buyer's shoes. But you also have to understand that the BST is a message board filled with random people with their own moral codes and priorities in life. It's not Amazon and you can't expect an Amazon-like shopping experience.

• Like 4

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

24 minutes ago, kcsf said:

No need to be condescending.

I recently had this happen to me as a seller. Buyer messaged me saying the club had not arrived and it was past the delivery date. I assured him that I sent the club and delivery times have been bad lately. I went to the post office to check and they said the same thing, mail has been piling up at certain hand off locations and if your package is going through one of them, it will be delayed. Couple days later the club arrived. 

But there's nothing a seller can do different than the buyer. It's in route, delivery times have sucked lately, sorry. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MaineMariner said:

Your item is still in transit per the USPS tracking. Did the sale include any terms about when the item would be delivered to you? Were you guaranteed delivery by a certain date? I'm guessing not. I know it's frustrating, but from where I sit you have no right to request a refund while your package is still in transit per the USPS tracking. It doesn't particularly matter if it's been a week or a month or two months.

It would be nice if the seller would contact USPS to inquire as to where your package is actually located. From experience, I can pretty much guarantee that he or she will wait on hold for hours and end up with virtually no worthwhile information. I'd do that, just because I'm a human and I understand the frustration of being in the buyer's shoes. But you also have to understand that the BST is a message board filled with random people with their own moral codes and priorities in life. It's not Amazon and you can't expect an Amazon-like shopping experience.

That's true.  I myself am an Ebay guy and have been buying stuff from Chinese based sellers for the past 20 years and bought thousands of times over there through the years (mostly non-golf stuff).  The sellers there have to be on their best behavior as well as they whatever it takes to get their feedback rating high.

Edited by cgasucks

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

11 minutes ago, Buzzkill said:

Several months ago, it took 8 weeks for my Priority mail delivery.  eBay refunded me after 4 weeks but it was a hassle!

Uuugghh...8 weeks.  That definitely warrants a refund.

2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

47 minutes ago, Abh159 said:

To answer the OP's original question... If the item is still in transit I don't really think it's fair to request a refund at this point. The buyer isn't to blame for USPS's shortcomings and it sounds like he/she is at least responsive to you which is a huge plus. 

That being said, I always get a little annoyed when I see these threads started (and there are a million of them on here). We all know that shipping, regardless of carrier, is a total mess right now. If you want guaranteed shipping dates and an easy refund policy buy direct from the OEM or from a major retailer. If you want to get a "deal" then you have to accept the risk of buying something from a stranger on the internet with no guarantees. 

I love BST and think it is a wonderful place to buy and sell clubs, but at the end of the day it is nothing more than a forum/message board. And it's not really fair to assume you'll get Amazon Prime level service from a forum/message board. 

Totally agree.  If you're too immature dealing with the cons of buying stuff from a private seller or an established retailer, you're better off buying stuff off of Craigslist.  You'll get it a lot quicker locally and don't have to pay shipping.

Edited by cgasucks

USPS is a mess beyond all belief these days. I had a package coming from TX that went into a blackhole, after leaving a distro center in Dallas,  for 4 weeks before finally showing up in tracking that it arrive in NJ. 

Time is tough and with all that's happening with USPS, I think it'll be at least a month before you should even talk to buyer about refund\claim possibilities. I never had to file a lost item insurance claim but I somehow recall there is a time limit before such claim can be filed, and I don't think it's right to request refund before that time limit has expired. 

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

4 hours ago, dmecca2 said:

No need to be condescending.

I recently had this happen to me as a seller. Buyer messaged me saying the club had not arrived and it was past the delivery date. I assured him that I sent the club and delivery times have been bad lately. I went to the post office to check and they said the same thing, mail has been piling up at certain hand off locations and if your package is going through one of them, it will be delayed. Couple days later the club arrived. 

But there's nothing a seller can do different than the buyer. It's in route, delivery times have sucked lately, sorry. 

I agree with your statements 100%. I've placed no demands or terms in the seller as I've been pretty clear the seller shipped immediately, insured and signature delivery, all positive points. 

I'll try to remain patient, but there will be a time that I will request a refund from the seller first, then paypal if the seller decides to not refund. I started this thread to get feedback and to self-check myself if my expectations were out of line. I'll give it a month, then reach out to the seller again, but I'm not just going to sit back for months and hope it arrives. USPS is a mess right now, and I'm hopeful it'll show up soon.

I have perfect feedback here and ebay for 100's of transactions and I'm not going to screw anyone over. If I'm refunded and it then is delivered, I'll immediately pay the seller or send it back to them. How anyone could keep the item and say it never arrived is beyond me. 

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

4 hours ago, cgasucks said:

Uuugghh...8 weeks.  That definitely warrants a refund.

Exactly, there is a time when enough is enough and a refund is a reasonable request. I haven't asked for one, and won't for at least a month after shipment, which is about 2 weeks from today. A few of the posters in this thread are assuming I'm requesting that today, and that just isn't the case. 

I was asking for everyones feedback on when is reasonable, nothing more. 

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

4 hours ago, Abh159 said:

To answer the OP's original question... If the item is still in transit I don't really think it's fair to request a refund at this point. The buyer isn't to blame for USPS's shortcomings and it sounds like he/she is at least responsive to you which is a huge plus. 

That being said, I always get a little annoyed when I see these threads started (and there are a million of them on here). We all know that shipping, regardless of carrier, is a total mess right now. If you want guaranteed shipping dates and an easy refund policy buy direct from the OEM or from a major retailer. If you want to get a "deal" then you have to accept the risk of buying something from a stranger on the internet with no guarantees. 

I love BST and think it is a wonderful place to buy and sell clubs, but at the end of the day it is nothing more than a forum/message board. And it's not really fair to assume you'll get Amazon Prime level service from a forum/message board. 

So you're annoyed that I started a thread asking when is an acceptable timeframe for delivery and request for refund? ok...lol

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

10 minutes ago, kcsf said:

So you're annoyed that I started a thread asking when is an acceptable timeframe for delivery and request for refund? ok...lol

Maybe annoyed was the wrong word. Surprised might be more appropriate considering all the info already on wrx about this subject.

It seems like there is at least one post a week on this exact topic (seller shipped my item but now it's not moving what should I do?) and the replies are always the same. I guess I just don't see the point in playing out the same conversation over and over and over again. 

Ah, ok gotcha. My fault for not searching for similar threads. I'm constantly buying crap online and this is the first time in years where the delay has been this great. 

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Again, the problem with the refund request is that, according to USPS's tracking, your item is still in transit. The seller should not, under any circumstances, issue a refund while the item is in transit. Because the next step is not a hypothetical or anything: your item will arrive, and the seller will be left with nothing to show for their sale.

You need to contact USPS if you want some sort of update on your package's whereabouts. It could arrive tomorrow, next week, or a month from now. But according to the tracking you've posted, it's still moving. You're jumping the gun by posting about refunds when your tracking is still moving.

• Like 4

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

1 hour ago, MaineMariner said:

Again, the problem with the refund request is that, according to USPS's tracking, your item is still in transit. The seller should not, under any circumstances, issue a refund while the item is in transit. Because the next step is not a hypothetical or anything: your item will arrive, and the seller will be left with nothing to show for their sale.

You need to contact USPS if you want some sort of update on your package's whereabouts. It could arrive tomorrow, next week, or a month from now. But according to the tracking you've posted, it's still moving. You're jumping the gun by posting about refunds when your tracking is still moving.

I would scream bloody hell at USPS asking where the **ck is my package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaineMariner said:

Are you even reading the pother posts, including mine? I never said I was asking for a refund now, I was interested in what others think is a reasonable time for delivery. According to you, it's forever. 

Every other day I get an automated email from USPS showing the exact tracking I posted in the first post, except the top date reflects the day the email was sent. The package was dropped off in ATCO, NJ, 10 days later scanned in South Jersey Distribution Center, then back to ATCO, then to Philly where it's been for 4 days. How accurate is the tracking? Who knows, but it's weird for sure that it's going back and forth. 

The seller will never be out the shaft or money as that's not how I live my life. I would never keep the shaft without paying. It's signature delivery anyway, so the the seller would 100% know if it was delivered and not 'lost'. 

According to the tracking it's moved 30 miles in 16 days. Still moving? Who the hell knows. Will it arrive? Who the hell knows. What I do know is I'll give it a month, then I'll pursue getting a refund from the seller or paypal. I'm not waiting an indefinite amount of time for something that may never show. USPS and all other delivery services are slammed and lost items are certainly a reality. I hope it shows up, but waiting more than a month is absurd.

• Like 1

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

You apparently already discussed the possibility of requesting a refund with the seller, per your OP. I absolutely think that you wait an indefinite amount of time to broach the subject if you aren't going to contact USPS and figure out where your package is.

Just pick up the phone, my man! Maybe USPS will surprise you and have an answer. Hopefully your shaft shows up tomorrow and you can just move on with your life.

Edited by MaineMariner

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

On 3/23/2021 at 11:15 AM, UTvols83 said:

A PayPal refund is only going to be an option if the seller is being difficult (likely because they didn't fully insure the package).

You'd either have to be out of your mind, or made of $ to not insure a $600 item shipping via USPS !

But maybe that's just me...

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

I don’t understand why you’d consider asking for a refund when the item is still in transit.

this isn’t Amazon. On BST transactions I feel like buyer and seller are in on it together. To sort of work as a team.

you knew the item was being shipped USPS, no? Then both buyer and seller accepted that with that choice could come long delays.

I have tried calling USPS, but after an hour on hold without hearing a human voice I hung up. Time is a precious commodity right now, I'll make another effort to call them next week. Seller tried as well with the same results. 

Not knowing exactly how USPS works, when a package is lost, doesn't it show as 'in transit' as well? I'm not saying this items is lost, just curious how USPS would know an item is lost, thus changing the status. Seems logical the status would always show as 'in transit' until it's delivered or deemed lost. 

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

I've found when I call USPS and open up an investigation on the item, it starts moving again the next day, and has always been delivered within 2-3 days, depending on where it stalled in transit.  I've also found about every 2-3 calls to USPS, I'll get an option to have them call me back rather than wait on hold.  So after about 5 minutes on hold, I'll hang up and call back.  

I think USPS's rule is if it's more than 14 days past the estimated delivery date and hasn't moved in 7 days, they can start the refund process for a lost package.  But as long as it's still moving - even if it's only once a week - they won't consider it lost.  

• Like 1

It came yesterday, 2 days after I opened a case with USPS. It was in PA for 2 weeks, and I'm guessing 'found' and forwarded on to me. 

The takeaway is USPS is a total s***-show right now and delivery times are not certain. Seems the east coast is jammed with packages. 

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Good to hear it arrived.  Usps delays have been rampant since Covid hit and amplified over the holidays.   Most areas hasn’t recovered much so delays are now commonplace.   I’ve read stories with post offices having packages stacked up to the ceilings.  USPS is typically the cheapest but in some case FedEx wear to east can be cheaper and quicker.  I’m using FedEx more myself. 

• Like 2

I sold a set of Irons to a member that went missing and then only when I filed a claim did they appear again and eventually get delivered.  They took 78 days from

Maryland to St Louis.   USPS is the worst option to ship anything it seems these days and I would not buy or sell anything unless both parties agreed that UPS or FedEx 

be the shipper.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Things may be improving.  The last 2 items I've received by USPS Priority (only shipping option offered) arrived in 3 days each (both from MI to VA).  I've also had several packages inbound and outbound that arrived in 2-to-3 days by USPS First Class the last 2 months or so.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST