Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Ping, etc...Customer Service Not Equal in Pandemic

Just curious what everyone’s experience has been with equipment manufacturers during the pandemic?  Seems like seem have not skipped a beat, while others are struggling with workforce, customer service and keeping up.

Based upon my experiences over the past couple of months I would rank Titleist #1.  Taylormade is experiencing long delays in components and it’s difficult to get in touch with Customer Service.  You can’t email or even chat with anyone regarding custom orders.  Ping seems to be further behind Taylormade.

Hopefully things with improve for all of them in the short term...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Titleist replaced a cracked 917 3 wood free of charge.  I didn't even have to ship it back and just had to take it to my local authorized Titleist retailer and got back what I originally paid for it a

Depends on where they are based out of.  California and others in the southeast were on lockdown longer. 

Every company has issues varying to a certain degree. It took nearly 2 months for a friend to get his 921 Tours and it took me a month to get a pack of Titleist Players gloves. Covid is just boning ev

With TM I was happy they sent me a status email of my order a few weeks ago and new shipping date.  In years past I’ve received nothing and there were delays then too.  

TaylorMade MYSIM2 Red 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Red 60x

PONDERING: TaylorMade MINI 300

Mizuno ST-Z 15.0 @ 13.5 HZRDUS RDX Black 70 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5x
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120x 1 Flat

Mizuno T20 55/9 Nippon Modus Pro Wedge 125x

Cleveland CBX Full Face 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
1 hour ago, uscgolfguy said:

Just curious what everyone’s experience has been with equipment manufacturers during the pandemic?  Seems like seem have not skipped a beat, while others are struggling with workforce, customer service and keeping up.

Based upon my experiences over the past couple of months I would rank Titleist #1.  Taylormade is experiencing long delays in components and it’s difficult to get in touch with Customer Service.  You can’t email or even chat with anyone regarding custom orders.  Ping seems to be further behind Taylormade.

Depends on where they are based out of.  California and others in the southeast were on lockdown longer. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSI3 9*

Titleist TSI2 15*

Mizuno MP18 MB 3-pw

Mizuno T20 52 wedge

Mizuno T20 58 wedge

Mizuno M Craft 2 putter

Every company has issues varying to a certain degree. It took nearly 2 months for a friend to get his 921 Tours and it took me a month to get a pack of Titleist Players gloves. Covid is just boning everyone, doesn't help that everyone and their grandmother has picked up golf either.

• Haha 1

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6X

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Srixon Z 785 3-6 - PX LZ 6.0

Srixon Z-Forged 7-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland RTX 4 50° Mid, 54° Mid, 60° Low - S400 TI

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

I hate to say it, but we kind of deserve what we get.

I saw something the other day where Ping customers has a 6 month back log on 425 irons... stock! Yet people are still ordering....
I get supply chain issues, but why would anyone wait 6 months for a set of irons?

Cobra Speedzone Extreme 10.5* 

Taylormade M6 15* & 18*

Callaway Super Hybrid 20*

Callaway Rogue X 5-AW

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F & 58M

YES! Tracy

Sun Mountain 2.5+

3 minutes ago, Yoshifan151 said:

Every company has issues varying to a certain degree. It took nearly 2 months for a friend to get his 921 Tours and it took me a month to get a pack of Titleist Players gloves. Covid is just boning everyone, doesn't help that everyone and their grandmother has picked up golf either.

PXG doesn’t do the volume other OEMs do, but they’ve been getting orders out within a two week time frame for a while now.

Not to mention it seems like they’re coming out with a new line every month.... off the top of my head the last 2 or 3 months they’ve released the 0211, Gen 4, and Proto

Taylormade M6 15* & 18*

Callaway Rogue X 5-AW

YES! Tracy

Sun Mountain 2.5+

2 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

PXG doesn’t do the volume other OEMs do, but they’ve been getting orders out within a two week time frame for a while now.

Not to mention it seems like they’re coming out with a new line every month.... off the top of my head the last 2 or 3 months they’ve released the 0211, Gen 4, and Proto

PXG is an odd one, people either love or hate them, not much of an in-between. Surprised how they've done a 180 on their business model and are cheap now. 

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6X

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Srixon Z 785 3-6 - PX LZ 6.0

Srixon Z-Forged 7-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland RTX 4 50° Mid, 54° Mid, 60° Low - S400 TI

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

19 minutes ago, Yoshifan151 said:

PXG is an odd one, people either love or hate them, not much of an in-between. Surprised how they've done a 180 on their business model and are cheap now. 

The 0211 line isn’t expensive, but check out the pricing on the Gen 4 line. It’s what you “expect” from PXG.

• Haha 1

Taylormade M6 15* & 18*

Callaway Rogue X 5-AW

YES! Tracy

Sun Mountain 2.5+

I wouldn't expect anyone to be really thriving just yet due to Covid.  We might get lucky now and then but I think for the most part, wait times and dates aren't going to be a perfect science.  I will say, I do agree with the PXG comment.  I have bought 4 or 5 clubs from them in the last 2-3 months and all have been quality as well as a polite follow up customer service email and phone call.  I do get the feeling they want to keep their customers which is a nice angle to take these days.  Ping had has some serious demand on the 210s and 425 line and it seems like even they were caught off guard.  It will take some time for everything to get back to normal, crazy times.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 10.5 (-1) Aldila Rogue white 60x

Ping G425 Max 14.5 Aldila Rogue white 70x

Taylormade Sim Max 19  Fujikura Ventus 7s

Srixon Z785 4-P Modus 120s

Ping Glide 2.0 stealth 52/12, 58/10

Ping Anser Milled 0   35"

Snell MTB black

Vessel Lite

I cracked the face on my G410 last year, Ping replaced it right away, no questions, super impressed.

This year though, my Callaway wait times from order to delivery:

Irons - 3 business days

Hybrid - 2 business days 

Driver - 4 business days

Absolutely insane. All custom btw, not sure if that has helped me or I've just gotten lucky but compared to all the other posts on this site about other brands I can't help but be impressed.

I also ordered a TSi3 3 wood, came in less than two weeks, and ordered a set of Vokey's over a month ago but still waiting...

D - Epic Speed | Ventus Blue 6X

3W - TSi2 | Tensei Raw Blue 7TX

3H - Apex Pro 21' | AD DI 8X

4U - X Forged UT 21' | MMT 105TX

5-PW - X Forged CB 21' | DG TI X100

50/55/60 - SM8 | DG TI S400

P - Phantom X 5.5/Special Select NP2

B - ProV1x '21

B - Hoofer

Supply chain processes have been really affected in many industries. I wouldn't hold it too much against any particular OEM for stuff that's happened this year

Where they have their customer service, where they make the clubs, where they assemble them...all of these can be affected by local restrictions. Even if those restrictions are no longer in place they could be backed up dealing with past orders. 

Cobra even has electronics in their clubs now, some of the devices in their clubs probably have 52 week lead times right now...Not really Cobra's fault. 

Cobra Radspeed XB 9 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70

Cobra F9 Tour 13 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 70

Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS tour Prototype 85
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 Flow Neck 385g

I ordered a set of Apex DCB with tensei shafts about a month ago and they still aren't built.  My Pro tells me the Callaway site just says 3-4 weeks which is what it said 3-4 weeks ago.  My first custom order since about 2005 so YMMV

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

Callaway and Callaway Preowned has been great. Amazing as always and very accommodating. Things ship immediately and their CS reps are helpful.

• Like 1

Epic Speed + TCPro 6 / TS2 3W + BF 7 / TSi2 7W + Tour AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

1 minute ago, martinbns said:

I ordered a set of Apex DCB with tensei shafts about a month ago and they still aren't built.  My Pro tells me the Callaway site just says 3-4 weeks which is what it said 3-4 weeks ago.  My first custom order since about 2005 so YMMV

Ask your pro to ask why, it could be grips or shafts on backorder.

Epic Speed + TCPro 6 / TS2 3W + BF 7 / TSi2 7W + Tour AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

I've ordered drivers a fairway wood, hybrids, putter and wedges from Titleist. The only item delayed is custom Vokey wedges and they made sure I was aware of that when placing the order. The TSi hybrid and drivers came a little ahead of what I was originally expecting. Comparing the club orders from Titleist to a car order from Mercedes and Titleist is light years ahead. Ordered a car in early November and was told 6-8 weeks. It is now almost five months and it has been sitting at the port in Bremerhaven, Germany for two weeks and still no ship assignment. Worst car buying experience ever and no one seems capable or interested in helping.

Ping wait times on the phone have been long, but they will call you back. Their service is as good as ever.

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

So far Lazrus is the only OEM I have dealt with. First order was spot on. I even ordered the wrong club, sent them an email and they adjusted the order before sending it. 2 days from Boise to Portland.

Second order they sent a right handed wedge. They apologized and sent the correct one same day. They didn't ask for the other back, but I paid the $12 to send it to them. I have no need for a rh wedge and they are a small shop.

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade GAPR Lo 19* Hybrid 

Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* Hybrid

KZG Forged Blade 4, 5, 7-PW

Mizuno MP-68 6 iron

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Nike Blue Chip 002 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

10 hours ago, kwainio said:

I cracked the face on my G410 last year, Ping replaced it right away, no questions, super impressed.

This year though, my Callaway wait times from order to delivery:

Irons - 3 business days

Hybrid - 2 business days 

Driver - 4 business days

Absolutely insane. All custom btw, not sure if that has helped me or I've just gotten lucky but compared to all the other posts on this site about other brands I can't help but be impressed.

I also ordered a TSi3 3 wood, came in less than two weeks, and ordered a set of Vokey's over a month ago but still waiting...

Same here...

I ordered apex pro irons, epic speed driver and 3 wood.  All custom, all came in a week.  

Titleist TSI3 9*

Titleist TSI2 15*

Mizuno MP18 MB 3-pw

Mizuno T20 52 wedge

Mizuno T20 58 wedge

Mizuno M Craft 2 putter

10 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Ask your pro to ask why, it could be grips or shafts on backorder.

There system doesn't tell them what the problem is,  he chases the rep but no progress so far.  Says all his Callaway orders are the same.  Could be that I am in Canada

Edited by martinbns

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

On 3/23/2021 at 2:59 PM, uscgolfguy said:

The part about not being able to email TaylorMade is incorrect. I have a rescue on back order and have communicated with CS several times and they have always been super helpful. 

15 hours ago, TheSphynx said:

Titleist recently jerked me around with a set of raw wedges and after 7-8 weeks, two incorrect builds, and a couple ignored emails, I just did the build myself like I should have in the first place.  

I’m 6 weeks into my wedgeworks order and am worried they aren’t going to arrive in spec.  

8 hours ago, lookylookitzadam said:

I’m 6 weeks into my wedgeworks order and am worried they aren’t going to arrive in spec.  

Mine after four weeks (which wasn’t a big deal) arrived at standard length when I wanted +1/2”. I sent them back and when they came back the second time, they decided to change the build sheet to +1”. The 54° came back at 3/4” and the 58 was 1.25”

With most companies being based in CA it's tough right now.  I've spoken to those i know in the business and they said it's a struggle with both employees being remote and the supply chain.  

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

14 hours ago, ASN21 said:

The part about not being able to email TaylorMade is incorrect. I have a rescue on back order and have communicated with CS several times and they have always been super helpful. 

Not in my experience...is there a direct link on their website somewhere? 

The online “Chat” feature does not allow any type of customer service help with regards to custom orders.  They direct you to call Customer Service.  I even asked one of the guys on chat for an email....his response was..can’t help you..don’t have one.

I have tried to reply to emails and send in through their online form with no luck, no response.  I’m sure there is going to always be issues with any and all of the companies, however in the current market I can only speak based upon my experiences.  

I recently ordered a new custom wedge through Taylormade...I tried to explain to Customer Service that it measured short.  Standard = 35.25” +0.50” = 35.75”. Mine received measures 35.50”...measured on two rulers and against another wedge with exact same specs.  I was told there is no way, I don’t know what I am doing and that I would need to take it into an authorized retailer for them to confirm.  

1 minute ago, uscgolfguy said:

Not in my experience...is there a direct link on their website somewhere? 

The online “Chat” feature does not allow any type of customer service help with regards to custom orders.  They direct you to call Customer Service.  I even asked one of the guys on chat for an email....his response was..can’t help you..don’t have one.

I have tried to reply to emails and send in through their online form with no luck, no response.  I’m sure there is going to always be issues with any and all of the companies, however in the current market I can only speak based upon my experiences.  

I recently ordered a new custom wedge through Taylormade...I tried to explain to Customer Service that it measured short.  Standard = 35.25” +0.50” = 35.75”. Mine received measures 35.50”...measured on two rulers and against another wedge with exact same specs.  I was told there is no way, I don’t know what I am doing and that I would need to take it into an authorized retailer for them to confirm.  

The email I have been using is [email protected]

I'm 7 weeks today into a WedgeWorks order, and I'm not thrilled about it.  

It is what it is, I guess.  Some people have real problems, but it is a bit frustrating.  

Epic Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore S
SIM2 Ti 15 GD AD-VR 6S
Rogue 19 + 21  Synergy S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
T20 50/56/60 TI s400
Scotty Phantom X 5.5