2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Taylormade Delay from Club Fitter

I am hoping to get a sanity check from all of the smart people on this forum about a timeline on getting new clubs.  The background is I went to a local club fitter and had a fitting and ordered some custom clubs through them.  The dates ordered and clubs are:

Ordered on 6 February:

P790s with $-taper shafts

Ordered on 13 Feb:

Sim2 Max 3 hybrid with Hzrdus smoke shaft

Sim2 Max 9 degree driver with Rogue silver shaft

They told me initially that it would be 4-6 weeks after each order.  I just called them to get an update and now they are saying that all of the clubs won't ship until 26 August.  As this is over 6 months after I ordered the clubs I asked for an explanation and they said that "specialty stores" are last in line to get clubs from Taylormade behind website orders, big box stores and pro shops.  Am I being taken for a ride on this?  6 months seems to be ridiculous, even from a "specialty store."  I am trying to figure out a way forward and would appreciate any insight on the issue.  Thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, very mediocre golfer said:

I am hoping to get a sanity check from all of the smart people on this forum about a timeline on getting new clubs.  The background is I went to a local club fitter and had a fitting and ordered some custom clubs through them.  The dates ordered and clubs are:

Ordered on 6 February:

Ordered on 13 Feb:

They told me initially that it would be 4-6 weeks after each order.  I just called them to get an update and now they are saying that all of the clubs won't ship until 26 August.  As this is over 6 months after I ordered the clubs I asked for an explanation and they said that "specialty stores" are last in line to get clubs from Taylormade behind website orders, big box stores and pro shops.  Am I being taken for a ride on this?  6 months seems to be ridiculous, even from a "specialty store."  I am trying to figure out a way forward and would appreciate any insight on the issue.  Thanks!

Wow...I thought Srixon was running behind with a 4-6 week delay, but this is on a whole other level!!

I’ve looked at placing orders with Srixon, Callaway, TaylorMade, and Sub 70. Of those, Sub 70 have the quickest turnaround and will be the most transparent about what they do and don’t have in stock.

Pulled the trigger on irons from Srixon and a 3-Wood from Sub 70, so we’ll see how long they take to arrive.

Even with COVID and all the delays though, there’s no way it should take 6 months to fill an order...that’s just bad business.

Edited by BallerNate

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

6 hours ago, very mediocre golfer said:

Ordered on 6 February:

Ordered on 13 Feb:

I have heard (from other people ordering from TM) there are serious delays on the P790's. I don't know what is driving the delays, but there seems to be some truth to it. 

Specialty stores are not last in line...that's just not true.  Either this guy is bitter at TM, or he owes them a lot of money and TM isn't shipping him.  To say custom clubs take longer b/c he's a golf specialty store is just silly.  I would take my business elsewhere though...not b/c of the 6 month delay, but b/c he's a fool.  Now, I'm not saying it's not going to be 6 months...maybe it will.  But it makes no sense that all the clubs will be 6 months.  The only reason that could be the case with your specific order is if all clubs have the same grip, and that grip won't be in until Aug.  If so, I'd change grip.  But it should be easy for the fitter to find out from TM what component is backordered for each of the clubs ordered.

• Like 3

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

Some shafts are taking longer to receive than heads for TM. I ordered P7MC about a month ago, originally was scheduled to ship 3rd week of April but moved back to end of May at the latest. I'll wait though. Now, I'm hearing lot of latest orders will not ship until this summer.

Your guy can see which components are the reason for the delay in his TM ordering site. The dates shown usually means the latest date TM expects to receive their components so it could be few days or weeks earlier if they are lucky to receive the components by then.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Ask which components are the cause of th delay and switch them out. If it’s the branded heads then you’re SOL and need to change plans.

Six months is way out of line for any manufacturer to tie your money up for that long.

COVID is not an excuse anymore. 

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

33 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Ask which components are the cause of th delay and switch them out. If it’s the branded heads then you’re SOL and need to change plans.

Six months is way out of line for any manufacturer to tie your money up for that long.

COVID is not an excuse anymore. 

It is unacceptable for a manufacturer to take payment on a six month lead time for a consumer, but COVID is the reason for the delays. Many companies have simply stopped accepting orders until they have product available. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Skhacker said:

It is unacceptable for a manufacturer to take payment on a six month lead time for a consumer, but COVID is the reason for the delays. Many companies have simply stopped accepting orders until they have product available. 

Just think the time you get it the new Taylormade line will be a month away...

• Like 1

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

The OP sounds to me like the store just put in his order as part of a stock order. Pro at my club has told me TM is quoting August, and later, for wedges, drivers, gloves for stock in the shop as sold items are shipping first.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Sounds like he's passing blame and that's not cool. Unless that's how TM operates and that also isn't cool. But my guess is TM runs a standard first in, first out style business and doesn't look at online vs big box vs Bob Club Hut 

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

If you fall into the meat of the bell curve, take a look at the used market. In my opinion, prices are higher than I expected, most likely due to supply/demand/stimulus checks, but you might be surprised by what you can find. Also, you might be able to find something in your specs and delivered in six days vs six months. 

Unfortunately that’s how backed up everyone is. I took me almost 4 months to get a pitching wedge from T100S Titleist with a Project X shaft. It seems that a lot of the manufacturers are having issues sourcing their heads, I know that was the deal with Titleist. As mentioned above, and in other threads, KBS is running way behind and Golf Pride as well. So it’s probably some combination of all three delaying the order. 

As far as what the shop told you about order fulfillment, I’m not sure whether that’s accurate or not. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

I ordered a set of TM p770's Feb 3rd for a member. Initially quoted March 9th ship date, has been pushed to April 21. Shafts and grips are in stock, heads are backordered. PING is currently quoting 16 weeks for orders. I work at a green-grass facility and my friend runs a very large specialty shop, quote times are the same. Another member asked me to order a full set for his wife at the end of February, was quoted July 16 ship date from TM so tried Callaway and April 19th is the date.

Stuff is delayed. I haven't heard of February to August but I'd definitely ask your fitters to call whoever you are ordering from and see which component is delaying the order. If it's the heads, you're sort of SOL unless there is another head that was very close in comparison. If it's shafts, same thing. If it's grips, pick another grip that is in stock and get them.

Ping g430 LST 9* - HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 65g
Ping g430 LST 14.5* - Project X Smoke Black 70x
Ping g430 17* - Project X Smoke Black 6.5 or TM P70UDI 2 with same shaft
Ping i59 4-PW - DG AMT White X100
Callaway Jaws Raw Black 50*, 54*, 60*- DG TI S400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini w/ Stability Tour
Taylor Made TP5 PIX

I just ordered and received a set of Apex DCB irons, I went through the fitting etc with my Pro in late Feb.  Ordered them with Tensei silver shafts, after no updates online to the club they showed up last week but with the Recoil Dart 75g shafts.  When my pro called they told him the Tensei shaft would be on backorder until at least july/august and even then no guarantee.  

Supply chains are still messed up due to covid, first plants shut down sporadically all over the world, then we all needed to find outdoor activities that were safe, then people got stimulous cheques.  My Boss bought a new boat and inquired about ordering a different colour and they told him it would take a year.  

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

I found your clubs:

210325165253-origvid-suez-canal-thumbnail-exlarge-169.jpg.2f9142c20aa3a1c2235ed0fb4c6fac7a.jpg

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR4, 7.25*, Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/12 (bent to 53*) Raw & 58/10 Black, DG Spinner
Piretti Potenza 1.5
Ball - Titleist AVX Yellow

To clarify a few of the points for the club order.  A friend of mine also ordered sim2 Max irons with modus shafts and is also being quoted 26 August for shipping.  All of the clubs I ordered have the standard grips as well.  The store is also saying every one of their Taylormade orders is saying a shipment date of 26 August.  Lastly, this was supposed to be a reputable club fitter because I found them from looking through the golf digest top 100 club fitters. 

So I guess I am trying to figure out what the better option is here.  I assume that Taylormade will fill orders as they get them, so theoretically because my original orders were in February they should be filled earlier than if I order off of the website now.  However, with the same build on the website the Sim2 Max driver and Sim2 Max 3 hybrid say they will ship on 22 April (the irons are another story due to the KBS shaft delays).  Do you think this is a discrepancy on just the quoted shipment date and I should still get the earlier order sooner, or something strange is going with the club fitter I ordered it through?  Thanks again for all of your help, I am really hoping to get to play with the new clubs this season!

Went for a fitting last week for a Sim 2. Was told the process time depends if they have the components in stock. Ventus Blue and Sim 2 8*. He couldnt give me an answer if either were in stock so needless to say I did not place an order to gamble on. I'll piece it together myself instead (plus I get an extra stock shaft out of it for the same price... )

Driver: Sim2 8* // Ventus Blue Velocore

FW: Sim 3 // Oban Devotion 

H: Sim 3/4  // Oban Devotion 

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 HMP // KBS Tour V

Wedges: Vokey 54M/58D

Putter: Spider X // SuperStroke 3

Ball: 2019 TP5x

2 hours ago, reider69 said:

I ordered some Vokeys and was told it would be a month before shipment due to the Project X 6.5 shafts I ordered.  

Apparently there’s a shortage of PX6.5 shafts with OEM’s everywhere. Not exactly what I wanted to hear with placing an order for a set of T100s with those shafts. Although I was quoted 3-4 weeks for ship date..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, martinbns said:

I just ordered and received a set of Apex DCB irons, I went through the fitting etc with my Pro in late Feb.  Ordered them with Tensei silver shafts, after no updates online to the club they showed up last week but with the Recoil Dart 75g shafts.  When my pro called they told him the Tensei shaft would be on backorder until at least july/august and even then no guarantee.  

Supply chains are still messed up due to covid, first plants shut down sporadically all over the world, then we all needed to find outdoor activities that were safe, then people got stimulous cheques.  My Boss bought a new boat and inquired about ordering a different colour and they told him it would take a year.  

Kinda random they just switched out the shafts on you

I guess they were trying to be proactive, since it would have been 4-5 months before what you wanted became available.

Sounds like they called an audible and didn't ask you if that was an OK change?

Yadi for President

1 hour ago, BYK said:

Kinda random they just switched out the shafts on you

I guess they were trying to be proactive, since it would have been 4-5 months before what you wanted became available.

Sounds like they called an audible and didn't ask you if that was an OK change?

That's what I think happened.  My Pro said if I didn't want them we could send them back but the 75g Dart is very similar to what I ordered.  I'm going to keep them and see.

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

9 hours ago, martinbns said:

That's what I think happened.  My Pro said if I didn't want them we could send them back but the 75g Dart is very similar to what I ordered.  I'm going to keep them and see.

Cool

Did he say what would happen if you played them and they didn’t work out for you? See ya stuck with them then?

Yadi for President