2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MLB 2021 season

RobotDoctor

• 2 weeks later...

i really wish i could get back to loving baseball but man are the games slow and boring. i'm not criticizing those that love watching... i actually wish i liked it more. just wondering if its background noise or if you actually sit attentively and watch a 3 and half hour game? this may be ridiculous point coming from someone who loves watching golf.... but baseball seems to be strikeouts and hr's and not much more. 

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

2 hours ago, FairwaysToHeaven said:

i really wish i could get back to loving baseball but man are the games slow and boring. i'm not criticizing those that love watching... i actually wish i liked it more. just wondering if its background noise or if you actually sit attentively and watch a 3 and half hour game? this may be ridiculous point coming from someone who loves watching golf.... but baseball seems to be strikeouts and hr's and not much more. 

A’s games I 💯 sit (mostly haha) attentively and watch the whole game.  Don’t find it boring at all. Definitely not all strike out or HRs. I watch a lot of base ball and still plenty of hits that aren’t HRs. There are also quite a few stellar defensive plays happening on a fairly regular basis. I also enjoy the games within in the game. Like the strategy pitchers employ in each individual at bat. I think it helps a lot if you’re watching a team you actually care about. I don’t watch too many complete games between say, the Rays and Brewers. 

Edited by TiScape

2008, set an all-time record in strikeouts. That record has been broken every year since and again on pace even this year to set a new all time high. the time between pitches, the constant rotation of bullpen pitchers where starters barely make it to the 5th inning, where relievers warm up and then enter only to further warm up, batters wandering around the plate between pitches adjusting their gear, multiple mound visits from coaches, defenses using the shift, etc

i just find it frustrating because it seems mlb sees the problem and then does something like putting a guy on second in extra innings??? its as if they don't want to actually solve the problems.... so similar to pga and slow play. they don't actually address the problem, they just pretend. pga is trending in the wrong direction as its quickly becoming a driver wedge game. baseball has some great athletes i just don't think the way the game is played now it shows. 

• Thanks 1

Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P

3 hours ago, FairwaysToHeaven said:

2008, set an all-time record in strikeouts. That record has been broken every year since and again on pace even this year to set a new all time high. the time between pitches, the constant rotation of bullpen pitchers where starters barely make it to the 5th inning, where relievers warm up and then enter only to further warm up, batters wandering around the plate between pitches adjusting their gear, multiple mound visits from coaches, defenses using the shift, etc

i just find it frustrating because it seems mlb sees the problem and then does something like putting a guy on second in extra innings??? its as if they don't want to actually solve the problems.... so similar to pga and slow play. they don't actually address the problem, they just pretend. pga is trending in the wrong direction as its quickly becoming a driver wedge game. baseball has some great athletes i just don't think the way the game is played now it shows. 

I see everyone has the same complaints. Yes the game has changed. ALL major professional sports have changed and will continue to do so. Can’t argue with stats! Strike outs are up yes. Swing plane mentality has evolved and yeah, more guys are trying to go deep. But have you also considered that part of that stat is a result of pitching getting nastier over the years? I’m telling you I watch 4-5 complete games a week. There are still a lot of hits that aren’t HRs! “A lot of great athletes but it doesn’t show?!” Oh wow! I watch Ramon Laureano make plays in center that have me rewinding to watch them over again on a weekly basis!! Still plenty of situations where you are (I am) on the edge of your seat pitch by pitch. But I’m done defending it. If you just can’t stand watching baseball anymore and have truly given your favorite team’s games a real chance and haven’t just watched a small sample size and are just regurgitating the issues you hear everyone else echoing, than it is what it is 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ll be content knowing I still really enjoy it and I’m happy I do. Because life is better with baseball. 

Edited by TiScape

absolutely agree that pitchers are throwing harder this is contributing to more strikeouts. most sports adjust, from moving tees back, to moving the 3pt line back, etc. 

the real problem i see is a combination of batters wasting time before pitches and pitchers taking way too long between pitches. 

the stats have shown the adjustments manfred has made to quicken the pace will quicken games on average by about 36 seconds. 

Can't hardly blame the attendance lulls and declining interest in the game. The cubs opener this year lasted 4 hours and wasn't even the longest 9 inning game of the day. the only reason i complain is because i'd love to know i could sit down and watch a game where there are actual baserunners, more balls in play than strikeouts, and i could expect a 7p start to end closer to 9:30 than midnight. i don't think its unreasonable to think changes could be made to quicken the pace without changing the strategy or upset the die hard old school fans. i hate the runner on second for extra innings or some of the other crazy suggestions. 

Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P

26 minutes ago, FairwaysToHeaven said:

absolutely agree that pitchers are throwing harder this is contributing to more strikeouts. most sports adjust, from moving tees back, to moving the 3pt line back, etc. 

the real problem i see is a combination of batters wasting time before pitches and pitchers taking way too long between pitches. 

the stats have shown the adjustments manfred has made to quicken the pace will quicken games on average by about 36 seconds. 

Can't hardly blame the attendance lulls and declining interest in the game. The cubs opener this year lasted 4 hours and wasn't even the longest 9 inning game of the day. the only reason i complain is because i'd love to know i could sit down and watch a game where there are actual baserunners, more balls in play than strikeouts, and i could expect a 7p start to end closer to 9:30 than midnight. i don't think its unreasonable to think changes could be made to quicken the pace without changing the strategy or upset the die hard old school fans. i hate the runner on second for extra innings or some of the other crazy suggestions. 

To each his own. Time to watch the Giants/Rockies game! 

• Like 1

first batter of game .... strikeout   

second batter of the game...strikeout

third batter of the game....strikeout

lol

Edited by FairwaysToHeaven

Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P

45 minutes ago, FairwaysToHeaven said:

first batter of game .... strikeout   

second batter of the game...strikeout

third batter of the game....strikeout

lol

And yesterday in the 1st game TWO grand slams! How do you have two 4 run HRs when EVERYONE either strikes out or hits a HR??? 🤔 😂 

And Rockies scored  6 in the last of the 2nd game to walk it off! Sooooo boring! NOT! Lol

Buyers or Sellers, which team is yours going to be.  

I believe the Cubs will be relevant and fighting for the division lead until mid June.  Then the reality will set in.  The Cubs will be sellers this year.  First to go will be Kris Bryant, who will put together a very good season.  Craig Kimbrel will most likely follow.  I don't think Anthony Rizzo will be dealt because of his importance being a Chicago Cub.  Javy Baez ..... probably not going to be dealt unless he really gets hot.  Kyle Hendricks is having an abysmal year and will not have any takers, at least not returning anything worthwhile, so he will not be traded. Ian Happ?  Not unless he starts to hit a ton and I still hope no trade.  The core of the mid 2010s has run its course and hugely underachieved.  I believe much of this was mismanaging by Joe Maddon and some unwise decisions made by Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer.  The time has come to rebuild.  Then again, what else is new for Chicago Cubs fans?

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the A’s/Angels game last night. (A’s won 5-0 😊) and am happy to report A’s pitcher Chris Bassistt threw a COMPLETE game! That right, he pitched all 9 innings and the A’s 5 runs were all scored without a single HR. Hmmmm 😂 Watched a replay of the game when I got home and was able to locate myself on the broadcast cheering for a RBI! Haha 🙌🏼💪🏼

7BA53F3E-BD60-43CA-8595-6644151FD1BD.jpeg

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2021 at 7:00 AM, RobotDoctor said:

Buyers or Sellers, which team is yours going to be.  

I believe the Cubs will be relevant and fighting for the division lead until mid June.  Then the reality will set in.  The Cubs will be sellers this year.  First to go will be Kris Bryant, who will put together a very good season.  Craig Kimbrel will most likely follow.  I don't think Anthony Rizzo will be dealt because of his importance being a Chicago Cub.  Javy Baez ..... probably not going to be dealt unless he really gets hot.  Kyle Hendricks is having an abysmal year and will not have any takers, at least not returning anything worthwhile, so he will not be traded. Ian Happ?  Not unless he starts to hit a ton and I still hope no trade.  The core of the mid 2010s has run its course and hugely underachieved.  I believe much of this was mismanaging by Joe Maddon and some unwise decisions made by Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer.  The time has come to rebuild.  Then again, what else is new for Chicago Cubs fans?

image.jpeg.51e9017c257893e22ec21aa47b71180c.jpeg

Edited by TiScape

Hard to believe the Saux lost first three games at home to the birds. Last three of rotation giving up way to many hits/walks combined. Can they keep, for most part, getting away with it. 

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

6 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Hard to believe the Saux lost first three games at home to the birds. Last three of rotation giving up way to many hits/walks combined. Can they keep, for most part, getting away with it. 

It’s so easy to get frustrated. I remind myself a lot that it’s a really long season and there are going to be a lot of ups and downs. A’s lost two one run games against the Mariners on wild pitches last week. While the Trashstros just keep winning!  Ugh 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TiScape said:

It’s so easy to get frustrated. I remind myself a lot that it’s a really long season and there are going to be a lot of ups and downs. A’s lost two one run games against the Mariners on wild pitches last week. While the Trashstros just keep winning!  Ugh 

As long as the Stankies stay third or below I am all good. 

• Like 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

On 7/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, TiScape said:

OMG. Acquiring Rizzo and Gallo?! They have no shame!!! 😂 

All or nothing hitter. HR's but low average and K's. That short right field wall though.....

Prospects Cubs got back who knows. 

Edited by Qqq123xx

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

7 hours ago, TiScape said:

image.jpeg.51e9017c257893e22ec21aa47b71180c.jpeg

While I am saddened by the departures of Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant and Javy Baez I understand why this was done.  I hope that the prospects the Cubs received pan out in the future.  I will always be thankful for the core group, including Kyle Schwarber and Jon Lester as well, for the 2016 season.  These players will forever be Chicago Cubs to me and many other Cubs fans.  Best of luck to these players going forward.

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TiScape said:

Playoff baseball is here! What a great game last night! Dodgers/Giants series should be epic. Huge rivals and the two best teams in baseball. 🙌🏼
And let’s go White Sox!!!

Yankees are bums! They should all be cleaning windshields for change on the street! Bastids

Dodger game be like

21715D73-4AAD-40DA-B3FB-12BE4956E3D2.jpeg

10 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Yeah, Yanks laid a big egg. 
Expalin this pic to me! Is that Danny Devito?! Haha 😂 

You didn’t hear?

He's been on the run for 23 years. US Marshals say he may have been spotted at a Dodgers game

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/us/us-marshals-dodgers-most-wanted-fugitive-trnd/index.html