2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SC300i

If you are using the app for the SC300i it will capture the recordings for you. Just leave it setup in photo mode and it will capture the swing and the metrics. Each video is a few seconds long. 

Annoyingly if you export the video it loses the metric overlay. I haven't figured that one out. I prefer to do my video capture with Zepp, though, because it's easier to review the swing in slow motion. With the SC300i capture you can replay it in .25x, .5x, or 1.00 speed but you can't jog it back and forth like you can in Zepp. 

Titleist TSi2 9.0° | Bridgestone Tour B JGR 7w

PING G425 Crossover 2i

PING G425 4i-9i

PING Glide 3.0 46, 50, 54 Eye 2, 58.6 | Mizuno OMOI 02

I'm fortunate to have two cell phones, so I just capture metrics with MVC/SC300i with one phone and also run Zepp on the other. Zepp is free, it's designed to be used with sensors but if you don't have them the automated video capture will still work. It will also send your swing videos to the cloud so you can retrieve them on other devices; I prefer to review my swing videos on my tablet.

I mention the two phones because MVC likes to be the only app open. If you minimize it the SC300i will still display data on the face but the MVC app on your phone may not receive and log it. So if you have Zepp on as the main app MVC may not capture your session. 

This could be a limitation of my phone (Pixel 5a), I don't know. 

PING G425 Crossover 2i

PING G425 4i-9i

while you were posting that I visited our stash of retired mobile phones and I have a couple of phones that will hopefully work with zepp and no sim card, at least when I'm at home with wifi.  Just working on getting that setup now.  The SC300i wont arrive for a while so I'll spend this time working getting good with zepp.  Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had issues with half-swing/punch shots? I use my 7i in lots of situations but I can’t get the SC to read a short swing. I’m hitting into a net outdoors. Ball is hitting the net in the same area as other shots, so I can’t figure out why I can’t get it to read. Short wedge shots read just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dumb question, but hoping someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong. Took the SC 300i out for its first use while I was on the range before my round today. Booted it up.. selected the clubs I was hitting with the remote.. hit probably 40 shots and saw the data on the device in real time.. then I open up the app and it automatically synchs but there is zero data. It just says zero shots. Am I doing something wrong here? Is the data still stored on the device somehow?

I don't know for sure but I've always gotten the impression that it only saves data captured by the app. If you make shots while it's not connected and synced they won't transfer over. Not sure how it's designed, but that's the experience that I have had. 

• Like 2

PING G425 Crossover 2i

PING G425 4i-9i

4 hours ago, dodint said:

I don't know for sure but I've always gotten the impression that it only saves data captured by the app. If you make shots while it's not connected and synced they won't transfer over. Not sure how it's designed, but that's the experience that I have had. 

The weird part is I had it connected and synched but I had my phone closed while I was hitting balls.

Yeah, that's consistent with my experience. I open the app and prop my phone up against the hitting bay or somewhere in the shade. If I put it in my pocket with the app minimized it won't record shots. 

• Like 1

PING G425 Crossover 2i

PING G425 4i-9i

You don't need to have it sync'd to the app to get the data. It stores the data on the unit and prompts you to sync the data the next time you connect it to the app. I don't normally use my phone live when I'm practicing with the unit because I'd rather listen to music and the app will kill any music playing when you open it. I just hit my shots, then when I'm packing up my clubs I sync the app and download the data. I think there is a quirk where the data gets assigned to the date you downloaded it, not the date it was collected. So if you go home and sync the data to your phone the next day, it will assume that was your practice day.

5 minutes ago, bobmcbobson said:

You don't need to have it sync'd to the app to get the data. It stores the data on the unit and prompts you to sync the data the next time you connect it to the app. I don't normally use my phone live when I'm practicing with the unit because I'd rather listen to music and the app will kill any music playing when you open it. I just hit my shots, then when I'm packing up my clubs I sync the app and download the data. I think there is a quirk where the data gets assigned to the date you downloaded it, not the date it was collected. So if you go home and sync the data to your phone the next day, it will assume that was your practice day.

Thanks. I still haven’t made it back out to test it again but the data never synced for me, even though I’d do exactly as you described. It prompted the sync, but no data showed up. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 2:52 AM, Bucko1 said:

Bought the SC300i about a month ago.  Generally no issues, very happy up to now.  Today however it only registered about 1 out of every 12 hits with driver and a hybrid.  The only difference I can think of was it was raining today.  Does rain affect its ability to track a ball?  I should add the range mats were also wet, but that wouldn’t affect driver, obviously.  Anyone else experience a similar issue?

I just bought the SC300i and after using it for an hour, I am seeing the same thing with my Driver. Works great for my irons. I have a backyard set up. I live in Phoenix so the weather here is good all the time. I have a golf net, golf mat and placed the SC300i at 4ft,5ft,6ft behind, at the same level as the golf mat. Didn't seem to matter, i was getting poor pickup on my Driver swings. I have read on some other posts folks are seeing same results with hybrid, and fairway woods too. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 9:51 AM, bmckenney said:

I ordered a refurbished sc300i from amazon and I've been thinking about how I'll use it with video capture.  Is there a way to trigger the recording with one of those bluetooth remotes so I can have my phone on a tripod and easily start recording just before I start a swing?

I believe there is yes. I have a iPhone and use a “remote” to capture my videos

You don't need a remote because the unit triggers the video for you. In the audio/video settings there is a setting for the trigger duration. The camera is live when you enter video mode and the trigger duration setting determines how many seconds before (or after) impact it captures for a video clip. 

• 2 months later...

Just got the SC300i and set it up in my Optishot2 stall.  Hit about 2 dozen shots with erratic and non comparable results. So I'm wondering about the lighting in the stall. It's set to optimize Optishot and I wonder if it may have an adverse effect on the 300i.

Anyone hove any thoughts or suggestions?

• 3 months later...
On 8/18/2021 at 7:40 PM, Stan Trap said:

So I watched all the "not paid for" reviews and I must say they are wrong at best. I purchased the sc300i and followed all the instructions (if you call them that). It was at best way off the mark. I carry my 7 iron 160, period. This thing is 40 yards short on my best swing! I can crush one, and it says I hit it 120. Funny, yesterday, on the course I hit my 7 iron on a 165 yard par 3 and pinned it, one hop pin high stopped about 6 foot past, verified by my massive pitch mark (wet greens). I have hit on other launch monitors, and play 3 times a week. I know my yardage. I might have a bad one, I have tried it all levels of light, inside and out. On the range and indoors, from 3 feet away to 10 foot away, with old and new golf balls, level with the ground and all combinations in between. Its just not good on longer distances. It does however do great on shots 30 - 50 yards. And I do find that it works best at 3 feet, NOT the 6 feet recommended. Save your money and buy the Garmin. 

Ok did you figure it out cause you know you need to go in and actually input your correct loft for the club right?

• 4 months later...

I received this email about a week ago but it doesn't seem to work on my SC300i.  I thought I needed to update the firmware through the app but it says I already have the latest version.  I sent an email to support to see what's up but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get the swing speed mode working on their SC300i.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2F33e26f6c701%2F3e3fac0d-ea35-4b00-a146-d84dfcb06883.jpg%3Frdr%3Dtrue&t=1698074366&ymreqid=83deff9c-8084-ba77-1cc0-5d0004019e00&sig=HjOHceg3hthy9sMPPb4edg--~D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 12:06 PM, puresurfr said:

Does not work for me either, perhaps it only works for the SC4

* Update, just got off the phone with VC and they are working on developing the firmware and estimate it will work in 10-15 days...if they do get it done, that would be awesome !!!!

It works now. The firmware just updated for mine last week.

• Like 1

Driver:  Titleist TSi2 9* Ventus Black 6S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi2 15* Speeder 757 Evo II S

Utility: Titleist T-200 3 Iron Ventus Blue HB 8 S

Irons: Titleist 620CB w/ DGTI X100 4-6

Irons: Titleist 620MB w/ DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM9 50/8F, 56/10S, 60/4T

Putter: Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+ 34"

Ball: Pro V1

I have a sc300i. Turn it on then hit the mode button 3 times fast. Firmware v1.11101

SC.jpg.596211345f1bc506e644bd0c36bf5840.jpg

Driver:  Titleist TSi2 9* Ventus Black 6S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi2 15* Speeder 757 Evo II S

Utility: Titleist T-200 3 Iron Ventus Blue HB 8 S

Irons: Titleist 620CB w/ DGTI X100 4-6

Irons: Titleist 620MB w/ DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM9 50/8F, 56/10S, 60/4T

Putter: Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+ 34"

Ball: Pro V1