2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Game Golf not uploading?

I tried to upload a round yesterday and it stopped at the building round stage.  I unplugged, plugged it in again, and the round was lost.  I loved using this for 5 years but it's time to shop for a Shotscope.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

This is unfortunate, I tried uploading on Monday and got the same result described by OP.  It just gets to a point that it doesn’t make sense anymore, I had to swap from Microsoft to Apple format, half of my course the background map won’t load.  

I’ll give it another couple weeks before I completely give up.  If I recall and as some have noted GG goes through stretches where they appear DOA, but they come back “miraculously”.  I’ll hold out hope...for another couple weeks at least.

if they don’t, they should release the raw data(wishful thinking).

9 hours ago, CAT GOLFER said:

This is unfortunate, I tried uploading on Monday and got the same result described by OP.  It just gets to a point that it doesn’t make sense anymore, I had to swap from Microsoft to Apple format, half of my course the background map won’t load.  

I’ll give it another couple weeks before I completely give up.  If I recall and as some have noted GG goes through stretches where they appear DOA, but they come back “miraculously”.  I’ll hold out hope...for another couple weeks at least.

if they don’t, they should release the raw data(wishful thinking).

I suspect that they are keeping their server up by basically leaving it running with zero maintenance. When it goes down they probably have a contractor or former employee somewhere they call and pay for a couple hours to get it rebooted. I guess it's admirable they kind of keep it limping along, mostly, given that there's not really a functioning company there any longer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, North Butte said:

I suspect that they are keeping their server up by basically leaving it running with zero maintenance. When it goes down they probably have a contractor or former employee somewhere they call and pay for a couple hours to get it rebooted. I guess it's admirable they kind of keep it limping along, mostly, given that there's not really a functioning company there any longer. 

I had the same thought, eventually it will just end, but maybe there is one more comeback left. 

hey guys, just checking the Game Golf website about the classic and You ain't going to believe this but... They are fixing the upload app for classic devices. 

http://support.gamegolf.com/en/articles/4596434-game-golf-classic

from the website if link above doesn't work....

We have identified an issue within our servers and our developers are already testing their fix. We are confident that we should have the app back working for you before the weekend. We will continue to support Classic but only to the point where our system can no longer do so (as is the case with Mac OS)

Until the app has been fixed, we can suggest:

• For Classic users, your device can store up to 10 rounds of golf. Once the fix has been made you will be able to upload all of your rounds successfully.

And theres me who is moving onto the Shotscope system which is UK based and one of the leaders and very similar to GG. unbelievable

shocked jaw drop GIF

On 4/23/2021 at 4:02 PM, DavidH88 said:

hey guys, just checking the Game Golf website about the classic and You ain't going to believe this but... They are fixing the upload app for classic devices. 

We have identified an issue within our servers and our developers are already testing their fix. We are confident that we should have the app back working for you before the weekend. We will continue to support Classic but only to the point where our system can no longer do so (as is the case with Mac OS)

• For Classic users, your device can store up to 10 rounds of golf. Once the fix has been made you will be able to upload all of your rounds successfully.

And theres me who is moving onto the Shotscope system which is UK based and one of the leaders and very similar to GG. unbelievable

shocked jaw drop GIF

I just set my new Shotscope tags up, ahhhh!  Are you returning Shotscope or sticking with it?  Shotscope looks awesome and I already mentally gave up on GameGolf so I'm moving on.  If the problem has been fixed, at least the GG tags will be worth a little bit.

Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*

3 hours ago, dsmil said:

I just set my new Shotscope tags up, ahhhh!  Are you returning Shotscope or sticking with it?  Shotscope looks awesome and I already mentally gave up on GameGolf so I'm moving on.  If the problem has been fixed, at least the GG tags will be worth a little bit.

I know the feeling @dsmillol. To answer your question, i will be using shotscope from now on since its a newer and more reliable system and you dont have to tag before each shot. I'm playing my first 9 hole round on wednesday so i cant wait ^_^ At least the GG Classic players can continue to use it for a little while longer 🙂

1 hour ago, DavidH88 said:

I know the feeling @dsmillol. To answer your question, i will be using shotscope from now on since its a newer and more reliable system and you dont have to tag before each shot. I'm playing my first 9 hole round on wednesday so i cant wait ^_^ At least the GG Classic players can continue to use it for a little while longer 🙂

There are two drawbacks, as I understand it from a friend who switched from Game Golf to ShotScope.

One is you have to wear a bloody great watch on your leading-side wrist. That's apparently pretty minor to most people but I've found in the past that GPS watches (or a regular watch) are quite annoying especially in summer.

The other is it seems under certain conditions you have to take practice swings or a practice-swing-like motion in order to "wake up" the ShotScope sensor. Have you found that to be true?

I'd rather bump the tag on my belt clip before each shot than be out there making extra swings to alert the sensor there's a shot coming. But maybe I don't correctly understand that element of the ShotScope.

Of course none of that is to say I'd advise continuing to depend on Game Golf. There's no long-term benefit to continuing to accumulate data on a system that is going to die the real death any day now.

On 4/23/2021 at 3:02 PM, DavidH88 said:

shocked jaw drop GIF

I guess this is a good thing for Windows users, I use the Mac platform which appears to be dead now?

7 hours ago, North Butte said:

There are two drawbacks, as I understand it from a friend who switched from Game Golf to ShotScope.

One is you have to wear a bloody great watch on your leading-side wrist. That's apparently pretty minor to most people but I've found in the past that GPS watches (or a regular watch) are quite annoying especially in summer.

The other is it seems under certain conditions you have to take practice swings or a practice-swing-like motion in order to "wake up" the ShotScope sensor. Have you found that to be true?

I'd rather bump the tag on my belt clip before each shot than be out there making extra swings to alert the sensor there's a shot coming. But maybe I don't correctly understand that element of the ShotScope.

Of course none of that is to say I'd advise continuing to depend on Game Golf. There's no long-term benefit to continuing to accumulate data on a system that is going to die the real death any day now.

Honestly the watch of the shotscope v3 is so good it doesnt feel like you’re wearing one at all. Its so light and the sensor has been interrogated into the strap (dont know how) I will be using mine for the first time tomorrow (wednesday) so i will let you know how it performs 🙂

though i did also like tagging i worked in within my psr but now i just need to play golf. I’ll keep you all posted how i go on 👍

On 4/26/2021 at 7:36 PM, North Butte said:

I received my V3 in the middle of July last year. Playing in Texas heat the watch never bothered me.

Most people take at least one practice swing and with some of the improvements they made since the V3 first came out  you really don't need to exaggerate those swings. Even short chip shots with little practice swings have easily been detected for me. There is also an option where you can see on the watch if and what club has been recognized even before you address the ball. 

I've played many, many rounds with the V3, over 120, and rarely does a shot get missed. When it does happen it is where I have either chunked a shot, say in the bunker, that doesn't go but a yard or two or maybe here is a better example. One of the holes on the course I belong to has a green severely sloped, and I mean severely where if you are chipping up to the hole and if you don't crest the ridge the ball will come right back to your feet. That first shot will be detected as just a practice swing as you are hitting from basically the same location on your next shot. The ball has to travel some small, undefined distance before a shot can be detected versus a practice swing.

I had to do a lot of editing with Game Golf as anytime I used the putter the ball would be marked as on the green. With Shot Scope, unless it is very close to the edge of the green, the location of the ball will more accurately reflect where the putt is taking place from, green, fairway, rough....

wanted to add this to this convo, as i found out about the pending fix from this forum i thought this info might be interesting to some of you.

i was in a chat with support (they actually respond now, lol) and i had this exchange with the tech:

me-

oh i agree. i love the device it's been good for me. the platform seems a bit stale and i keep worrying the company will shut down.

tech-

Not at all we will be making a major announcement soon. We have the best detection so all is well. There were challenges which we overcame.

he mentioned that a WearOS app was coming soon, and lots of content was on the horizon.  so it seems that maybe they got bought or found a cash infusion or something.  good news for those, like me, who liked the company's products.  let's hope they've figured it out... the tech is good if they iron out a few kinks with the new PRO (from what i've heard) and in the back end.

good luck to them!

Edited by ches1321
typo
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:22 PM, ches1321 said:

wanted to add this to this convo, as i found out about the pending fix from this forum i thought this info might be interesting to some of you.

i was in a chat with support (they actually respond now, lol) and i had this exchange with the tech:

he mentioned that a WearOS app was coming soon, and lots of content was on the horizon.  so it seems that maybe they got bought or found a cash infusion or something.  good news for those, like me, who liked the company's products.  let's hope they've figured it out... the tech is good if they iron out a few kinks with the new PRO (from what i've heard) and in the back end.

good luck to them!

Good info there, I’m still waiting to get out on the course to try my new shotscope system since our weather as been terrible lately so i’ll be staying with shotscope now i have it 🙂 good golf ️🏌🏻

Just replying here to say that the Windows transfer app still hangs at building. Doing a mobile transfer had same hanging result/fail, and now my Game Golf unit won't even pair successfully to the app (even though the Bluetooth handshake works to connect with my phone....just not the app). 

Pretty much functionally useless. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

From @YoungerGolf on Twitter:

Game Your Game Inc. is back with Game Golf and a new president (also a long time friend)

@msfgolf Mike Francis. Relaunch follows acquisition by Inpixon (Nasdaq: INPX), the Indoor Intelligence™ company, of a controlling interest of Game Golf’s outstanding capital stock.  Game Golf pioneered golf’s GPS shot tracking category with the first-ever wearable device to automatically track a golfer’s on-course performance back in 2014.  Francis will lead the company through the next stage of development and innovation.  Francis is well known in Canadian golf industry circles. Over 34 years of experience including former VP/GM with Nike Golf. Francis had been pres at Greenside Consulting, a Game Golf customer.

• Like 1

Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*

Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*

On 4/3/2021 at 10:33 AM, jbucher said:

Has anyone else had a problem with uploads? Both my wife and I tried to upload Friday's round(s) and it gets 2/3rds uploaded and stalls out.

Thanks, Jimmy B

Unfortunately no more downloading unless you purchase the Pro version. Both my brothers and I have the "Game Golf Live" units and they do the same thing-download 2/3 and then lock up, also deleting the rounds. I would have been happy to pay for the service, but it is no longer supported according to their tech team. Big Bummer.

It seems like GameGolf could make a comeback but with the May and late-June Shotscope updates, their stats are far superior to what I was getting with GameGolf.  It really takes strokes gained stats to a whole other level.

• Like 1

Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*

• 1 month later...