The Masters 2021 ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

MattyO1984

Japan had a great two weeks at Augusta. Happy for them. They are big fans of the game and make some great gear. Hideki is a class act. On top of his iron play his scrambling was fantastic. So well deserved.

It's a bit of a head scratch why more Sunday charges did not materialize. Even Saturday yielded little movement but there was a lot of sideways play. Conditions were tough but not crazy tough. Wind was modest & greens were firm but not super hard. I liked the setup, the front was about par, the back about birdies. That is Augusta. Not sure why it went as it did but the right guy won. 

One bonus, humble pie for protein shake crowd. Admire BDC's zeal but enough already. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddnt said:

Thats what I dont get.. If you've watched the final round... You know where the ball has to go on this hole and 12.. Just ignorance!

my apologies.

I thought Xander mishit it but he says he flushed it. 

He says they got the wind wrong and the shot shape wrong. And therefore the club wrong. 

i agree with you that it seems like they should know the correct ball flight and distance. 

maybe that’s why he doesn’t win more

53 minutes ago, Golfrnut said:

I feel like he’ll come up with something awesome. But what if he’s...vegetarian?!!

The dinner is for Master’s winners only...does his translator get to come? Is that the first time it would ever happen?

So may questions....

Also, completely off-topic...but DJ gets hosed doesn’t he? Only gets the jacket for 5 months. COVID just keeps screwing everything up. 

doubt there's more than 10 vegetarians in japan ... don't know about the translator ... he's probably gonna suggest it!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jmvargas said:

When all is said and done Hideki Matsuyama will be the winningest Japanese golfer on the PGATour.

He already is. He has 6 PGA Tour wins including a major. He became the all time winningest Japanese player on the PGA Tour in 2017 when he won his 4th event. Just keeps adding to his lead. Shigeki Maruyama is 2nd on that list with 3 PGA Tour wins.

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Buddy lived in Japan for a while. Said they love the most insanely intense sour salt pickled plums you can’t even eat them.

I hope Hideki have them and everyone takes a bite of one at the same time and they take a pic!

You gotta get them plums with the hachimitsu (honey) Pickled honey plum on rice... it's pretty uh... nice.

9 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

it’s better than NATTO

Nattō is a traditional Japanese food made from soybeans that have been fermented with Bacillus subtilis var. natto. It is often served as a breakfast food. It is served with karashi mustard, soy or tare sauce, and sometimes Japanese bunching onion.

no doubt ... 

Just now, tiderider said:

Nattō is a traditional Japanese food made from soybeans that have been fermented with Bacillus subtilis var. natto. It is often served as a breakfast food. It is served with karashi mustard, soy or tare sauce, and sometimes Japanese bunching onion.

no doubt ... 

They didn’t mention it has the consistency of thick spiderwebs and smells like armpit BO. 

• Like 1

Hideki's caddy bowing to the course after retrieving the flag is one of the most uber coolest things I've ever seen on TV.  

For some reason that move reminded me of "The Last Samurai" with Tom Cruise.  A must see movie.

• Like 4

Ping G400 Max 9* Fujikura Tour Spec 7.2 Stiff
PING G425 17.5 Tour 75 Stiff
PING G410 20.5 7 Wood Tour 75 Stiff

PING G425 23.5 9 Wood Tour 75 Stiff
PING I210 5-PW DGS 120 Stiff
Ping Glide 50 54 

Ping Glide Pro 59*

Ping TYNE C Putter

2 minutes ago, mosesgolf said:

Hideki's caddy bowing to the course after retrieving the flag is one of the most uber coolest things I've ever seen on TV.  

For some reason that move reminded me of "The Last Samurai" with Tom Cruise.  A must see movie.

edge of tomorrow is based on a japanese picture book...

it was renamed to live, die repeat if memory serves...

tom cruise is a strange fellow but picks his movies well...oblivion is also brilliant...absolutely brilliant

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

4 minutes ago, RoyalMustang said:

I have spent 6 months in Japan and I certainly fell in love with the gracious, polite nature of the people.  Americans could certainly learn something. Driving over there, I never once feared for my life. Here, in Dallas on 75, it sometimes happens multiple times during a commute!  Nobody really cares if they crash me out and kill me or my family...it is all about them getting to their destination 20 seconds earlier

75 from belt line to 121 is a nightmare....

I regularly drive Preston the whole way or take the tollway to 380 to avoid that stretch...

Plus there’s a Rudy’s Barbeque at the tollway and main...

-chris

2 minutes ago, Christosterone said:

75 from belt line to 121 is a nightmare....

I regularly drive Preston the whole way or take the tollway to 380 to avoid that stretch...

Plus there’s a Rudy’s Barbeque at the tollway and main...

-chris

The whole thing is a nightmare.  I see a new off-ramp median divider demolished weekly.  How does someone run into those things without being a total fool or high/drunk/crazy?   Maybe all cars on 75 should be equipped with spiked steering wheels, so those causing an accident are immediately impaled.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoyalMustang said:

The whole thing is a nightmare.  I see a new off-ramp median divider demolished weekly.  How does someone run into those things without being a total fool or high/drunk/crazy?   Maybe all cars on 75 should be equipped with spiked steering wheels, so those causing an accident are immediately impaled.  

75 is like mad max....

Even the 15 year project high five at 635 hurt flow because they inexplicably converted half the passes to single lane with double entrances...

when the original plans had all interactions 2 lane the entire way...

now it’s accordion traffic any time of day on 75 and 635 all day, every day

I love that I have a fellow traffic complainer..my wife says I talk too much about traffic when driving ha

-chris

13 minutes ago, RoyalMustang said:

I have spent 6 months in Japan and I certainly fell in love with the gracious, polite nature of the people.  Americans could certainly learn something. Driving over there, I never once feared for my life. Here, in Dallas on 75, it sometimes happens multiple times during a commute!  Nobody really cares if they crash me out and kill me or my family...it is all about them getting to their destination 20 seconds earlier

I was in Texas (live in Delaware) for 3 weeks when you guys had the deep freeze, heck of a drive in my plumbing van w/o cruise control, anyway I worked in Austin during my time there as your Governor allowed out of state Master Plumbers.    

Some of the back roads down there are crazy fast, I was on a one lane each direction road with houses 25-30ft from the road going 50mph with 5-6 cars on my butt, and I thought, damn I don’t want a ticket but I didn’t see an MPH sign and figured it’s gotta be 35-40 max.  Ha was I wrong, when I finally see the 70mph sign up ahead, I couldn’t believe it!    I’ve never seen a speed that fast with houses near the road, not in the East anyway.