*UPDATE 8/2/2021* My Arccos Experience - Updated piece about testing Swing Weight

8/2/21

I now have 35 rounds on Arccos, 2.3k shots tracked. Still using my iPhone 12 Pro Max, still have not had a single software issue. Still not using the LINK just because I dont need to listen to music, and I actually like having my phone in my front pocket. 

The biggest feature that I am now using Arccos for is club testing. I love being able to unpair an old driver setup, repair and rename a new setup, play a couple rounds and then apples to apples see the differences between the setups. Its my favorite part. I've done it for putters, drivers, wedges. Deciding between 2iron, 5w, 3h... everything. Its such an under promoted feature/use case for Arccos and I think more people would benefit from this feature alone. I have also found myself using the GPS rangefinder quite a bit. I have mine on tournament mode all the time, just because some times the Arccos suggested distances can mess with my head. But I have used those suggested distances for friends and family golfers who arent as great at club choice, because those distances usually help them get closer to the hole. So for someone closer to a 15 handicap... I would reccomend using those distances from Arccos and seeing where that gets you. Club tracking is still working great. Dont have any issues there what-so-ever. I check the green tracking after every hole for about 30 seconds, and then after the round I check the terrain for each shot to make sure those stats come out correctly, and off we go. Super simple. Doesnt distrupt my round by any means. I usually use the time in my car while the A/C is charging up and by the time I am ready to pull out of the parking lot, i've already gotten everything updated. I dont check the online dashboard probably more than every 5 rounds or so. I use Arccos stats to tell me what to practice. There is definitely a motivation difference between "I need to work on my short game" and Arccos putting a giant red bar over my 25-50 yard approach stat. 

Swingweight: Here is the breakdown since this seems to be a common topic when talking about any grip installed sensor. 

My current driver setup measures at 45.75" EOG, D9.4 Swingweight without the sensor installed. 

with the sensor installed it is 46.25" EOG, DE.02 Swingweight (.8 increase) 

with the sensor resting on the grip its 45.75" EOG, D7.6 Swingweight (2SW Decrease, makes sense) 

the sensor itself is 8g heavy

Basically... the sensor does not affect your swingweight when it comes down to it. The length it adds, is offset by the weight it adds. Not to mention you are still gripping in your normal location. So therefore... where you are swinging the club from is the same as if it didnt exist, so technically the length isnt actually added. Morale of the story here... dont worry about it affecting how your clubs play. Cuz it doesnt. If you buy the smart grips, you will be gripping to the end of the sensor cuz its built into the grip, so make sure your club-builder cuts your shafts appropriately. 

I still think Arccos is great. I havent had any problems so no need to talk to customer experience... havent heard the greatest things on that front, but I can't comment. Its brutally honest, it keeps you tracked and getting better, and if you use the stats properly without overwhelming yourself too much, its a great tool to have to get better quicker. No doubt about it. 

------------------------------------------------------------

6/2/21

I have now played 17 rounds with Arccos. Still using my iPhone 12 Pro Max, have not had a single issue with shot tracking or with the app as a whole technologically. I have completely stopped using the Caddie Link. I really havent found any issue with using my phone in my pocket since its always there anyhow, and the Link is just in a box now. The LINK works great when I did and have  used it... I just dont need it; and I dont know that its worth $120 or whatever it costs at this time. The only benefit that it gives is that you can listen to music, which on a few circumstances I have regretted, but its not the end of the world and if I wasnt lazy I could just put the LINK on and be done with it. I do plan on getting an apple watch to solve my music issue, the LINK just doesnt jive with me apparel wise, and it can fall off when you are swinging. I really think that Arccos would be smart to make some sort of wristband or arm band for the LINK; and that might improve adoption of the (overpriced) piece. 

Putt tracking is AWESOME with the sensors. I used to just play and update my putts after every hole, but now I am just playing the hole as I need to, check it after the hole and 95% of the time its correct. If not, its a super quick adjustment and off we go. 

I am still not sold on the Caddie part... The app itself is great, the stats breakdowns are wonderful, and the ability to track club data has proven very useful for me. I have been doing a bunch of testing lately and the ability to repair the club and rename it so you can compare them is phenomenal and I think a very under utilized portion of this experience. Back to the Caddie. Its... ok. I still disagree with 70% of its suggestions, and I know my own clubs and shots well enough to hit what I need to hit. It does do a really good job of throwing out bad shots, and using its environment factors to calculate club distance and such so I will give it that, but I think that I need more shots with individual clubs before its actually truly useful. But what has been super useful has been the GPS rangefinder part of the app. Just for figuring out how to clear certain things, and its just a little bit easier than a normal rangefinder. I always shoot the pin with my rangefinder and then check clearing distances with my app and compare, and so far it's genuinely helped my game. 

My favorite thing about the entire system is the dashboard feature online actually. Its really cool to go through all these stats and see where I am at what I am losing and where I need to be putting more effort. I know that there are some companies like Club Champion that have the ability to use Arccos data in their fittings, and if that isnt the future of fitting... Im not sure what is. Incredible insight to what I am doing on a regular basis instead of one day in a bay on a mat. Just dont expect Arccos to do you any favors. Its harsh... and will not pump your ego, so Mr. 325yd drives... get ready to be humbled. 

-------------------

4/15/21 

I have switched to an iPhone specifically in hopes of getting Arccos to play nicely with me. And it worked. Not a single issue during the round. I used my phone for the shot tracking because I mostly have my phone in my pocket anyhow. But I did play a couple holes after my round with the Link just to see if it was working, and all was good. Repairing my clubs to the app on the new phone was as easy as it was the first time, and I didnt have any sensor issues during the round. I wish it would have worked this smoothly on my Android devices, but switching to iPhone for this and other reasons was something I had been thinking about for a while so it is what it is. The experience was much better. 

I didnt use the putter sensor on this round. Instead found it much easier and consistent to just put in the putts after I walked off the green, and before I teed off on the next hole. I will play my next round with the putter sensor and see how easy it is to track everything using that and the LINK to mark the holes. But from what I have experienced so far... I think just manually inputting the putting information after each hole is going to be plenty easy for me. 

I am excited to get to the 5 rounds and then start to see how the Caddie part of this works. Right now I have been playing in some pretty bad wind so my distances are all really odd. Arcoss is going to have to do some magic to figure out how to suggest something from the Caddie. But it is supposed to just keep learning every time you play, so I am confident that it will eventually average it all out and I wont have any issues. I know my clubs and shots so I by no means will rely on the Caddie software, but it'll be nice to check it out. The software so far has been awesome. The stats and data that its tracking on the app and the computer dashboard app is awesome, and gives you really good insight to what is going well, and what could possible use some work. 

------------------

4/3/21

I played for the first time with Arccos this past weekend, and had a really mixed reaction and experience to the product. I'll just go in order from install through my round. I have smart sensors on all my clubs including the putter. Using Google Pixel 4a with the latest Android Update as of April 1, 2021. 

Installation was super easy. Screw em all in, and then one by one scan them in the app and they are all connected. I did this the night before to see if it would stay connected by the time I got to the course, and they all did, no issues. At the course I got my Link paired up which took all of about 30 seconds. Super easy. The pairing process is great, and gives absolutely no issues. 

On the first tee I found and downloaded my course data, and Arccos had me ready to hit. Since I was using the LINK I kept my phone in my cart to make sure it was working. And then... I just played. The first 3 holes I went back to my phone every shot to make sure that it was working, but then after that it was smooth sailing. The front nine I didnt have to touch anything, and I have the putter sensor so I didnt even have to edit putts or anything like that. One note on putting... if you have a SuperStroke with the ability to add counter weights, make sure you order the little adapter piece. I didnt have it so I was just setting the sensor on the putter when I putted, but thats a terrible solution and I will lose that sensor if I dont order the SS part. Which I have. 

and then... the back 9. I got to 10 after a 10minute break at the halfway house and the app just stopped working. I am going to give Arccos the benefit of the doubt and say that my phone has been giving me problems lately... but once I got to the back 9 I was fighting the app so much that it actually started to ruin my round a little bit. It was really stressful because I had a big purpose for why I wanted to use this system and not having it work was causing lots of frustration. The app crashed every time I had a new shot or pushed any buttons, the LINK became disconnected and I couldnt get it back. I tried to resume the round with just my phone but, at hole 14 I ended up ending my round on the software putting the link back in my bag and leaving my phone in my cart, because the app just kept crashing on me. 

So, deciding to still try and take advantage of the software, I manually kept track on the scorecard of where my shots went roughly and what clubs I hit. When I got home, using my phone I just went back and edited the rest of the holes that I didnt track live on the course. This is something I never want to do again... but its nice that you are able to, because it still gives you all of the stats which is what I was hoping from the software in the first place. 

I then went on my computer to the dashboard to check it out. Obviously I only have one round on Arccos so I dont get all of the use out of it as I will once I have gotten to 10 rounds... but the dashboard is really cool. The first thing I did was go back through the round on the computer and make sure that everything was correct. Everything on the front 9 was perfect... when the app was working it was tracking everything exactly how it should, and I didnt have to adjust a thing. On the back 9 I had to adjust quite a lot just because doing it on the phone is hard and I made a couple mistakes. If you have to do any round edits or manual entry I would STRONGLY recommend doing them on the computer and not on the phone. The rest of the dashboard looks awesome. I can't really comment on it all that much right now but I will update when I have more rounds in the book. 

Right now, I am not giving up on Arccos but I am hesitant. I will not use it if the app experience duplicates the next time that I play. I really like the stats and the software, so hopefully the hardware experience is a little better next time. 

----------------

Edited by jmorrow020
added information
  • Like 3

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

I ordered the sensors / Link a few weeks ago and have played 10 rounds with it. So far I am really happy with the system, it did not miss a single shot, except the tap in putts, which I have to add manually most of the time, but that is ok. My phone is clipped to my push trolley, as I use it also as GPS, and I check after each hole if a shot is missing.

The app never crashed on my iPhone, you could contact customer service to check with them. I had an issue with the link not charging anymore and they were very helpful (the issue was fixed with an update of the firmware). 

I just ordered additional sensors to equip the additional clubs I use based on the courses I play and / or conditions. The data you obtain with this system is great and really helpful.

4 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

I ordered the sensors / Link a few weeks ago and have played 10 rounds with it. So far I am really happy with the system, it did not miss a single shot, except the tap in putts, which I have to add manually most of the time, but that is ok. My phone is clipped to my push trolley, as I use it also as GPS, and I check after each hole if a shot is missing.

The app never crashed on my iPhone, you could contact customer service to check with them. I had an issue with the link not charging anymore and they were very helpful (the issue was fixed with an update of the firmware). 

I just ordered additional sensors to equip the additional clubs I use based on the courses I play and / or conditions. The data you obtain with this system is great and really helpful.

Yeah I totally agree with you! I think my sensor issues were actually my phone... so I am not going to knock Arccos on it just yet. I am definitely ordering more sensors as well and the Super Stroke attachment just because I swap clubs depending on where I am playing like you said, and if I dont get that superstroke attachment I am going to lose my sensor haha. 

I'll update after 5 rounds played, and then after 10 as well. I am really excited about the stats that it can give us. 

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

It’s good to see some positive feedback on them. They got a lot of negative press  around here with people having them miss shots all the time which has made me gun shy on getting them. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

2 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

It’s good to see some positive feedback on them. They got a lot of negative press  around here with people having them miss shots all the time which has made me gun shy on getting them. 

So using the LINK the app did not miss a single shot for me, the entire front 9 I didnt have to do anything. It recognized what club I swung and tracked everything perfectly. The putter sensor even picked up all my putts. I did a quick check after every hole to verify before going to the next. Only one time did I have to add in a tap in putt. 

The back 9 is when my phone started giving me problems with the app itself, and the LINK disconnecting. but again, at this moment... I am blaming my phone not Arccos. I will see soon though if that is a repeating issue, and continue to report. 

• Like 1

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Just started using Arccos with Link last week. Overall color me impressed. Minimal to no messing with my phone. I've noticed the tap in putts tend to miss, but I just adjust post round. My only complaint is the maps are just too freaking dark (iOS). I also don't like how honest Arccos is about the state of my game right now. Ugh.

Recently got the Arccos system, Superstroke grip sensor, and Link.  I have only played 1 round with it so far, but have been very impressed. It tracked every shot, except tap in putts like people mentioned. I did push the button on the Link to set the pin placement on a few holes but honestly it was just as easy, and more accurate, to just do it on the phone after the hole. I did have to adjust my first putt location a few times, but again, pretty minimal effort in the app.  My brother has the sensors, but not the link, and having the link is definitely a much better experience. Not that I mind having my phone in my pocket, but he had to take a few calls and was wanting to play music, and the system just didn't work as cleanly. I use iPhone and did not have the application issues, so maybe it was just an Android application related issue.  

I went all-in on Arccos late last year, and I have been very happy with the experience so far. I picked up Arccos early in the product’s life, but did not take to having my phone in my pocket. The Link has made the experience significantly better both from an accuracy and comfort perspective. I find that for the most part the only things missed are a few putts a round and maybe another shot around the greens. Considering the alternative of shot tracking, this seems incredibly minor and a big improvement relative to alternatives. To top it all off, the data via the app dashboards are very good. The breakdowns are thoughtful - a perfect middle ground between simple and detailed.

My only gripe with Arccos is one that I hope is temporary - limited options for smart grips. While it is certainly more expensive to utilize the smart grips, the integration with the grip is far more pleasing. I’d love to see a Winn or Superstroke Smart grip in the future though as my preference is softer grips.

I just purchased the Arccos system last week. Installation of the sensors was easy as was pairing etc. I went to the range to practice and have to say I hated having the sensors on the grips. They dont attach all that well to my grips (Pure) and were oftentimes not sitting squarely on the top of the grip. I also had a hard time adjusting where to grip the club, since there is now added length (1/2 of an inch roughly)- I always felt like I was choking down.

So I took them all off, as I am playing in a tournament tomorrow and dont want any doubts in my head.

Was wondering if anyone has had this experience. I suppose I could think about the smart grips....

1 minute ago, GMac-ATX said:

I just purchased the Arccos system last week. Installation of the sensors was easy as was pairing etc. I went to the range to practice and have to say I hated having the sensors on the grips. They dont attach all that well to my grips (Pure) and were oftentimes not sitting squarely on the top of the grip. I also had a hard time adjusting where to grip the club, since there is now added length (1/2 of an inch roughly)- I always felt like I was choking down.

So I took them all off, as I am playing in a tournament tomorrow and dont want any doubts in my head.

Was wondering if anyone has had this experience. I suppose I could think about the smart grips....

Part of the issue is PURE Grips dont use tape (for the most part) so the sensors dont have anything to really grab and stay seated. What I did was use a slim piece of electrical tape to keep it snug on the grip. I did that for over a year and didnt have any issues with it.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:59 AM, MPAndreassi said:

ive used Arccos for 3 years without a single issue. I guess with every product ever made there an be defects or bad apples, but ive never had a problem.

the only downside I could see which is fixable on my end is if im faced with a shot where im between clubs, ill drop the club on the ground I decide not to use but arccos registers that club as a swing

Its noice to see Arccos track me down for a 72 but then I remember I gotta fix the gimme putts lol

• Haha 1

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

22 minutes ago, GMac-ATX said:

When I had Arccos (briefly, I was an early adopter) I didn't mind having the sensor on the butt of the club. My hands tend to be slightly below the very end of the butt, on irons anyway. 

But some grips they would wiggle or sit crooked and occasionally even pop off the club. I've got enough annoyances with my own golf game, I couldn't stand having to fiddle with a loose doohickey on the end of the club.

If you use old-school rubber grips installed with grip tape I doubt that's an issue. But a lot of the grips that are popular nowadays seem pretty incompatible with Arcccos. If you have to resort to electrical tape and so forth that's really pushing it IMO.

18 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Part of the issue is PURE Grips dont use tape (for the most part) so the sensors dont have anything to really grab and stay seated. What I did was use a slim piece of electrical tape to keep it snug on the grip. I did that for over a year and didnt have any issues with it.

I had a similar problem with a previous driver grip. The hole they screw into was damaged, so the sensor could fall out in my bag. I used poster putty to hold it in place and it worked great, so that is an option too.

I've been using Arccos with my iPhoneX for over a year now. Overall it's been great. I play with the phone in my pocket and it doesn't bother me. It sometimes misses shots that are mishits. A bladed iron sometimes doesn't register, especially if it's an overall weak shot. Sometimes putts get messed up, either a putt missing or it thinks I 3 putt when I 2 putted. All simple fixes. I keep score on a scorecard and post round will go through and make sure Arccos matches. Pretty easy since the variance is almost always with putts or a wedge shot that was registered when I set it down on the green.

I love it and have not had any of the major issues I have seen people complain about.

I just added mine back onto my clubs, games been feeling better so I dont have to worry about so many corrects (I really do hate the mulligan algorithm built-in, I'd rather the system register too many shots, than too little). Im tempted to wipe all of my stats and start fresh, but well see. I still wish there was the social media aspect, like game golf, with challenges and things like that.

5 minutes ago, North Butte said:

When I had Arccos (briefly, I was an early adopter) I didn't mind having the sensor on the butt of the club. My hands tend to be slightly below the very end of the butt, on irons anyway. 

But some grips they would wiggle or sit crooked and occasionally even pop off the club. I've got enough annoyances with my own golf game, I couldn't stand having to fiddle with a loose doohickey on the end of the club.

If you use old-school rubber grips installed with grip tape I doubt that's an issue. But a lot of the grips that are popular nowadays seem pretty incompatible with Arcccos. If you have to resort to electrical tape and so forth that's really pushing it IMO.

Really the only grips I ever had "issues" with were the PURE grips, because they are installed via Air and I dont use any wraps with them. I mean, if youre holding the club that far up, then ya the sensors wont work (really any of the sensors on the market) because its not meant to be held/support of your club. Cant really fix that one. I have had grips wear out or the hole seemed to be loose, Id either use tape if the grip still had some wear or just replace the grip. I mean, the tape was done once and I never thought about it again.

1 hour ago, bortass said:

I had a similar problem with a previous driver grip. The hole they screw into was damaged, so the sensor could fall out in my bag. I used poster putty to hold it in place and it worked great, so that is an option too.

I've been using Arccos with my iPhoneX for over a year now. Overall it's been great. I play with the phone in my pocket and it doesn't bother me. It sometimes misses shots that are mishits. A bladed iron sometimes doesn't register, especially if it's an overall weak shot. Sometimes putts get messed up, either a putt missing or it thinks I 3 putt when I 2 putted. All simple fixes. I keep score on a scorecard and post round will go through and make sure Arccos matches. Pretty easy since the variance is almost always with putts or a wedge shot that was registered when I set it down on the green.

I love it and have not had any of the major issues I have seen people complain about.

So are you still using the sensors I assume?

On 4/8/2021 at 3:24 PM, bortass said:

Yup, 131 rounds, a fair number are 9 holes, and 9700 shots.... I'm a high HCP player, so it gets to register quite a number of shots when I play....

I have some sensors on the way and I'm still wondering how they work if you like to hit 3/4 shots etc. I'm sure it will explain it all, but it recommends a club based on full shot data? 

42 minutes ago, hwturner17 said:

I have some sensors on the way and I'm still wondering how they work if you like to hit 3/4 shots etc. I'm sure it will explain it all, but it recommends a club based on full shot data? 

Yes, based on full shots. 

The 3/4 shot and stuff that is similar are the only problem I have with the system.

I got lucky and bought some of the grips with the integrated caps from Cobra when they had the huge sale last year.  I have lost one of my integrated grips and my driver and putter are the only two clubs with the screw in caps.  They are a bit of a PITA

Link has work pretty well, the putting isn't great, as I do find myself adjusting lengths sometimes because I have not used the marking of where the hole is.  I think I may try that with Link this weekend.

As I thought, my driving vs a +1 handicap is even.  I am a plus almost 2 putting vs a +1 handicap.  My Approach game needs some work as it is a -2 and chipping is horribly stinky(-3.4).

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

1 hour ago, hwturner17 said:

My three wedges are almost all partial shots, shaft parallel is the length of the backswing. So those yardages are based on that.

It will eventually recommend clubs based on distances after you have enough rounds in.

It has an algorithm to determine which shots it included when calculating the distances. So it will ignore mishits and the real long one if you catch it better than normal. For example if I top a drive 80 yards or nut it 24, they are not included in the average distance stats since my average drive is about 212.

So the numbers will get better and be more accurate as you have more shots for Arccos to work with.

The round preview option will show you the clubs it thinks will give you the best score on a hole in the long run. That feature is based on how far and we’ll you hit it. You can change the tee shot club to something else and it’ll map out what your second shot would be with and your likely score. Kinda interesting but I don’t use it much.

The instructions included in the sensors was just around set up and how to use the app on the course. Go to their website and you can find more documentation that explains more about the dashboards etc.

I tried again the other day to use the software and I gave up. I really want to be able to use the technology though, so for the first time in 12 years... I have switched to an iPhone. Wish me luck. First round with the iPhone is tonight. I will update this post. 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

I love this when it works, but it unfortunately doesn't always work for me. I'm four rounds in, I have Link and used that for two. I don't think I missed any shots using Link, and just a couple with my phone, but not really a big deal. (I couldn't remember a couple shots after the round, but I'll chalk that up to the beer I was drinking.)

Currently dealing with an issue where my round from Saturday is lost in the ether somewhere. Showed up on my phone, but couldn't view stats/SG and it didn't aggregate with the rest of my stats. Didn't show up on desktop dashboard. Contacted customer support, they had me hold the stats button and resubmit round... did that and it was totally gone. Still working with customer service, will update if I get it figured out.

Ping G430 LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Apex UW, 19, AD-DI 8S

Srixon ZX, 23

Ping i230, 5-PW, Modus 120x

Ping S159, 48.12 S (at 49)

Vokey SM10, 54.12 D

Vokey SM9, 60.12 D (at 59)

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S, 34"

Z-Star Diamond 

I thought that the advantage of using Link was that you didn't really even need to use the app on your phone, at least while playing...

I generally use The Grint for tracking my score, HDCP, and skins game with my buddies, so that is the one that actually runs on my phone during the round. If I need both Link AND the app active, that kinda gets in the way.

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

5 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

I thought that the advantage of using Link was that you didn't really even need to use the app on your phone, at least while playing...

I generally use The Grint for tracking my score, HDCP, and skins game with my buddies, so that is the one that actually runs on my phone during the round. If I need both Link AND the app active, that kinda gets in the way.

You still have to have the Arccos app open and running on your phone with the Link, but your phone can remain in the bag or cart.  In your case, just open up Arccos and start your round and then open up the Grint and track your score, HDCP, and skins game as usual.  No biggie.  Since recently switching back to Arccos from ShotScope I do the same with the V1 Game app for tracking my scores and Arccos never gets in the way.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

23 minutes ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

You still have to have the Arccos app open and running on your phone with the Link, but your phone can remain in the bag or cart.  In your case, just open up Arccos and start your round and then open up the Grint and track your score, HDCP, and skins game as usual.  No biggie.  Since recently switching back to Arccos from ShotScope I do the same with the V1 Game app for tracking my scores and Arccos never gets in the way.

Android or iPhone? I'm on the Google Pixel 5, and want to make sure it'll still track while running in the background. 

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

I've been using the Arccos system for a while now (97 rounds/7.4k shots recorded) and have had no problems with it outside a few missing short putts... tap ins...  I use the link, with the iPhone X max, the phone is usually mounted on a cart holder...  I have recently started using the Golf Genius app in conjunction, most tourney I play in want this app used for scoring.  No problems swapping between apps. I think I've had to replace maybe 3 sensors...  Great system in my opinion.

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH   

1 hour ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Android or iPhone? I'm on the Google Pixel 5, and want to make sure it'll still track while running in the background. 

iPhone

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

• jmorrow020 changed the title to *UPDATE 8/2/2021* My Arccos Experience - Updated piece about testing Swing Weight