*UPDATE 4/15/21* My Arccos Experience - Smart Sensors and Caddie Link - Live Thread

5 hours ago, arenapoutine said:

I love this when it works, but it unfortunately doesn't always work for me. I'm four rounds in, I have Link and used that for two. I don't think I missed any shots using Link, and just a couple with my phone, but not really a big deal. (I couldn't remember a couple shots after the round, but I'll chalk that up to the beer I was drinking.)

Currently dealing with an issue where my round from Saturday is lost in the ether somewhere. Showed up on my phone, but couldn't view stats/SG and it didn't aggregate with the rest of my stats. Didn't show up on desktop dashboard. Contacted customer support, they had me hold the stats button and resubmit round... did that and it was totally gone. Still working with customer service, will update if I get it figured out.

I had the same issue last Saturday, but was too lazy to contact customer support. When I tried again on Sunday, after my round, I could see all the stats of my Saturday...

• jmorrow020 changed the title to *UPDATE 4/15/21* My Arccos Experience - Smart Sensors and Caddie Link - Live Thread
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So using the LINK the app did not miss a single shot for me, the entire front 9 I didnt have to do anything. It recognized what club I swung and tracked everything perfectly. The putter sensor even pi

ive used Arccos for 3 years without a single issue. I guess with every product ever made there an be defects or bad apples, but ive never had a problem.   the only downside I could see which

Posted Images

OP Updated with latest experience, will update again once I have access to the Caddie stuff. 

D - Taylormade SIM2 8* @ STD w/ Aldila Synergy Green 75tx Proto '21 (D4) 44.5"

3W - Taylormade SIM Rocket 14* 3 Wood w/ Tensei AV RAW Proto 2.0 75tx (D4)

3H - Taylormade SIM2 Max Rescue w/ Veylix Prototype 90tx (D4)

7W - Taylormade AeroBurner TP 5HL w/ Aldila Synergy Green 80tx Proto '19 (D4)

2i - Taylormade P790 UDI 2 w/ Project X 6.5 (D5)

3i - Taylormade Tour Preferred UDI 3 w/ Project X 6.5 (D5)

Irons - Taylormade '20 P770s 4-9 w/ Project X 7.0 (D5)

Wedges - Anthem 48* @ 46*TR, 50*TR, 54*TR, 60*NR Wedges w/ Project X 6.5 (D6)

Grips - Golf Pride MCC Grips

Putter - PXG Blackjack w/ KBS Black PVD, Plumbers Neck Hosel 34.5", Superstroke Slim 3.0

On 4/5/2021 at 10:08 AM, jmorrow020 said:

4/15/21 

I am excited to get to the 5 rounds and then start to see how the Caddie part of this works. Right now I have been playing in some pretty bad wind so my distances are all really odd. Arcoss is going to have to do some magic to figure out how to suggest something from the Caddie. But it is supposed to just keep learning every time you play, so I am confident that it will eventually average it all out and I wont have any issues. I know my clubs and shots so I by no means will rely on the Caddie software, but it'll be nice to check it out. The software so far has been awesome. The stats and data that its tracking on the app and the computer dashboard app is awesome, and gives you really good insight to what is going well, and what could possible use some work. 

I'd advise not judging the Caddie based the minimum of 5 rounds posted. That's the minimum for it to actually enable the feature but when I used it years ago the recommendations were very spotty even after 8-10 rounds. Once I got past 10 rounds it started showing some consistency in club recommendations so I'd consider that a more reasonable minimum unless your initial 5 rounds are very consistent and all on the same course.

As for the Caddie recommendations per se I'd advise being careful not to let the Arccos Caddie talk you into stretching out the distances you hit your shorter irons. Especially with few rounds in the system I found it would take one or two 8-iron/9-iron/PW shots that happened to bounce over the green or be hit with the face delofted or something and incorporate that into it's AI for my distances with those irons.

So for instance my 9-iron is a basically a 120 yard club but Caddie would tell me to use 9-iron from maybe 126. I'd see that, do my best to swing hard and occasionally actually get 126 out of a 9-iron. After a couple more rounds it sees those shots and decides to tell me to hit 9-iron from 132 or 133. After a couple months with the Caddie it was having me pull 8-iron from distances like 146 or 148, 9-iron from 138 or 140 and even PW from 125 yards. With predictable results on my game as I got in the habit of chasing those recommendations by swinging harder and harder at short irons!

I had an epiphany one day when a hole was playing slighly downwind (maybe 6-8mph?), the flag was on the back of the green and my yardage was 138 to the middle of the green and 151 to the flag. Caddie tells me it's 9-iron, I swing out of my shoes at 9-iron and the ball lands a couple yard short then rolls right up past the hole a few feet. But the swing it took to hit that shot literally gave me a stiff neck and a throbbing pain in my arm from trying to murder the ball.

I ditched the Caddie and went back to taking plenty of club and swinging easy.

22 hours ago, North Butte said:

I'd advise not judging the Caddie based the minimum of 5 rounds posted. That's the minimum for it to actually enable the feature but when I used it years ago the recommendations were very spotty even after 8-10 rounds. Once I got past 10 rounds it started showing some consistency in club recommendations so I'd consider that a more reasonable minimum unless your initial 5 rounds are very consistent and all on the same course.

As for the Caddie recommendations per se I'd advise being careful not to let the Arccos Caddie talk you into stretching out the distances you hit your shorter irons. Especially with few rounds in the system I found it would take one or two 8-iron/9-iron/PW shots that happened to bounce over the green or be hit with the face delofted or something and incorporate that into it's AI for my distances with those irons.

So for instance my 9-iron is a basically a 120 yard club but Caddie would tell me to use 9-iron from maybe 126. I'd see that, do my best to swing hard and occasionally actually get 126 out of a 9-iron. After a couple more rounds it sees those shots and decides to tell me to hit 9-iron from 132 or 133. After a couple months with the Caddie it was having me pull 8-iron from distances like 146 or 148, 9-iron from 138 or 140 and even PW from 125 yards. With predictable results on my game as I got in the habit of chasing those recommendations by swinging harder and harder at short irons!

I had an epiphany one day when a hole was playing slighly downwind (maybe 6-8mph?), the flag was on the back of the green and my yardage was 138 to the middle of the green and 151 to the flag. Caddie tells me it's 9-iron, I swing out of my shoes at 9-iron and the ball lands a couple yard short then rolls right up past the hole a few feet. But the swing it took to hit that shot literally gave me a stiff neck and a throbbing pain in my arm from trying to murder the ball.

I ditched the Caddie and went back to taking plenty of club and swinging easy.

Yeah I mean I am just interested to see what the Caddie does. I by no means am ever going to rely on it. I know my numbers and what I can pull off, I dont need the app for that. I am just more intrigued to see how close it gets and how it learns over time. the 5 rounds also gives you more accurate SGI stats so just in general having the 5 rounds is going to be nice. I love everything so far and since switching to the iPhone its really been 100% easy every single time I play. 

The stats that its providing are the most important to me, and its doing a great job of that so far. 

D - Taylormade SIM2 8* @ STD w/ Aldila Synergy Green 75tx Proto '21 (D4) 44.5"

3W - Taylormade SIM Rocket 14* 3 Wood w/ Tensei AV RAW Proto 2.0 75tx (D4)

3H - Taylormade SIM2 Max Rescue w/ Veylix Prototype 90tx (D4)

7W - Taylormade AeroBurner TP 5HL w/ Aldila Synergy Green 80tx Proto '19 (D4)

2i - Taylormade P790 UDI 2 w/ Project X 6.5 (D5)

3i - Taylormade Tour Preferred UDI 3 w/ Project X 6.5 (D5)

Irons - Taylormade '20 P770s 4-9 w/ Project X 7.0 (D5)

Wedges - Anthem 48* @ 46*TR, 50*TR, 54*TR, 60*NR Wedges w/ Project X 6.5 (D6)

Grips - Golf Pride MCC Grips

Putter - PXG Blackjack w/ KBS Black PVD, Plumbers Neck Hosel 34.5", Superstroke Slim 3.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, arenapoutine said:

I love this when it works, but it unfortunately doesn't always work for me. I'm four rounds in, I have Link and used that for two. I don't think I missed any shots using Link, and just a couple with my phone, but not really a big deal. (I couldn't remember a couple shots after the round, but I'll chalk that up to the beer I was drinking.)

Currently dealing with an issue where my round from Saturday is lost in the ether somewhere. Showed up on my phone, but couldn't view stats/SG and it didn't aggregate with the rest of my stats. Didn't show up on desktop dashboard. Contacted customer support, they had me hold the stats button and resubmit round... did that and it was totally gone. Still working with customer service, will update if I get it figured out.

Update on this one: took customer support a week of back and forth for them to say, hey, looks like that round somehow got lost and didn't upload to our servers. Delete and reinstall the app on your phone and things should work. I followed their instructions to resubmit the round and that deleted my round entirely.... and I had already played and posted another round successfully at that point without deleting and reinstalling the app.... so, round lost, no cause given or resolution received by support. Answered their survey they sent out after saying I didn't get the help I was looking for, and no response from that.

It's frustrating. Very promising product and it's great when it works, but don't hold out too much hope if anything goes awry outside of your control. 

Ping G410LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Titleist 818H1, 21 (set to 20), Tensei White Pro 90, S

Ping i210, 4-P (retro spec), DG 120 X

Ping Glide 2.0, 52 SS (bent to 51), 56 SS (bent to 55)

Callaway Jaws MD5, 60.8

Odyssey Triple Track 10 S, 34" / Odyssey SL1, 33.5"

Z Star XV

4 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

Great thanks, that was helpful.... I would be interested in the “how”.

If you have unlimited tags, you can have unlimited clubs. You just look at the stats of the of one of the putters in the app, 1, 2, 3 putt percentage, putts per round, per hole, and per GIR, then look at the other. The online dashboard give a little more stats such as total attempted, made, and percentage from 2ft, 10ft, 20ft, and 30ft.

My understanding was that you could have just 1 putter paired to Arccos at a time.  I have a standard screw in putter sensor and one of the SuperStroke putter sensors and I cannot have both of them linked at the same time. When you have a putter paired and go to Add a new club in the app, the Putter option is not available to select to add a second putter.  I guess this is by design.  

1 hour ago, GoCards said:

My understanding was that you could have just 1 putter paired to Arccos at a time.  I have a standard screw in putter sensor and one of the SuperStroke putter sensors and I cannot have both of them linked at the same time. When you have a putter paired and go to Add a new club in the app, the Putter option is not available to select to add a second putter.  I guess this is by design.  

That is exactly my problem, too. One can pair a lot of clubs ( not unlimited neither, as there is a limit, too) but just one putter. I hoped that there was a way, but apparently not. Even though, Frankensteins Monster seems to know more...

12 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

If you have unlimited tags, you can have unlimited clubs. You just look at the stats of the of one of the putters in the app, 1, 2, 3 putt percentage, putts per round, per hole, and per GIR, then look at the other. The online dashboard give a little more stats such as total attempted, made, and percentage from 2ft, 10ft, 20ft, and 30ft.

That is the reply from Arccos:

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team and you can only have 1 putter paired to your bag at any given time. You can add in another putter but will need to unpair your existing putter and unpair/repair each putter/sensor accordingly.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, GoCards said:

14 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

That is exactly my problem, too. One can pair a lot of clubs ( not unlimited neither, as there is a limit, too) but just one putter. I hoped that there was a way, but apparently not. Even though, Frankensteins Monster seems to know more...

4 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

That is the reply from Arccos:

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team and you can only have 1 putter paired to your bag at any given time. You can add in another putter but will need to unpair your existing putter and unpair/repair each putter/sensor accordingly.

You can add multiple putters if you like, only one can be “paired” at a time. You can compare the stats of multiple putters, independently. I have three putters in my “Clubs.” Only one is ‘Paired and in the bag.’ You’re not stuck using “one” putter. You’re only ‘stuck’ using one putter per round. Unless you want to use two putters during each round.

You asked if you could track the stats of putters independently. The answer is… yes.

Edited by Frankensteins Monster
1 hour ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

You can add multiple putters if you like, only one can be “paired” at a time. You can compare the stats of multiple putters, independently. I have three putters in my “Clubs.” Only one is ‘Paired and in the bag.’ You’re not stuck using “one” putter. You’re only ‘stuck’ using one putter per round. Unless you want to use two putters during each round.

You asked if you could track the stats of putters independently. The answer is… yes.

I understand that I can use different putters by “un-pairing” the one I usually use and pairing the second one. However the stats will be the combined ones from both putters. I do not have the possibility to select putter 1 or putter 2. In the club section I only have one slot for the putter, therefore I can track only the overall stats. Obviously I can compare rounds played with the different putters, but I did not find a way to do it in the app.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

I understand that I can use different putters by “un-pairing” the one I usually use and pairing the second one. However the stats will be the combined ones from both putters. I do not have the possibility to select putter 1 or putter 2. In the club section I only have one slot for the putter, therefore I can track only the overall stats. Obviously I can compare rounds played with the different putters, but I did not find a way to do it in the app.

No they won't, if you name them differently. I currently have three putters under "Clubs." One paired and two unpaired. On two of them I even used the same sensor. You can even use the same putter, but name it a different putting technique and compare how you putt between the different putting styles.

Edited by Frankensteins Monster
6 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

No they won't, if you name them differently. I currently have three putters under "Clubs." One paired and two unpaired. On two of them I even used the same sensor. You can even use the same putter, but name it a different putting technique and compare how you putt between the different putting styles.

Thanks for that, but Instill cannot do it on the app, as there is only one putter in the “clubs” section available. Could you please let me know if I have to use the computer? 

6 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

Thanks for that, but Instill cannot do it on the app, as there is only one putter in the “clubs” section available. Could you please let me know if I have to use the computer? 

Name it what you want. Un-Pair it. Pair second putter. I can view stats through app and web dashboard.

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg