2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

*UPDATE 8/2/2021* My Arccos Experience - Updated piece about testing Swing Weight

5 hours ago, arenapoutine said:

I love this when it works, but it unfortunately doesn't always work for me. I'm four rounds in, I have Link and used that for two. I don't think I missed any shots using Link, and just a couple with my phone, but not really a big deal. (I couldn't remember a couple shots after the round, but I'll chalk that up to the beer I was drinking.)

Currently dealing with an issue where my round from Saturday is lost in the ether somewhere. Showed up on my phone, but couldn't view stats/SG and it didn't aggregate with the rest of my stats. Didn't show up on desktop dashboard. Contacted customer support, they had me hold the stats button and resubmit round... did that and it was totally gone. Still working with customer service, will update if I get it figured out.

I had the same issue last Saturday, but was too lazy to contact customer support. When I tried again on Sunday, after my round, I could see all the stats of my Saturday...

• jmorrow020 changed the title to *UPDATE 4/15/21* My Arccos Experience - Smart Sensors and Caddie Link - Live Thread

OP Updated with latest experience, will update again once I have access to the Caddie stuff. 

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:08 AM, jmorrow020 said:

4/15/21 

I am excited to get to the 5 rounds and then start to see how the Caddie part of this works. Right now I have been playing in some pretty bad wind so my distances are all really odd. Arcoss is going to have to do some magic to figure out how to suggest something from the Caddie. But it is supposed to just keep learning every time you play, so I am confident that it will eventually average it all out and I wont have any issues. I know my clubs and shots so I by no means will rely on the Caddie software, but it'll be nice to check it out. The software so far has been awesome. The stats and data that its tracking on the app and the computer dashboard app is awesome, and gives you really good insight to what is going well, and what could possible use some work. 

I'd advise not judging the Caddie based the minimum of 5 rounds posted. That's the minimum for it to actually enable the feature but when I used it years ago the recommendations were very spotty even after 8-10 rounds. Once I got past 10 rounds it started showing some consistency in club recommendations so I'd consider that a more reasonable minimum unless your initial 5 rounds are very consistent and all on the same course.

As for the Caddie recommendations per se I'd advise being careful not to let the Arccos Caddie talk you into stretching out the distances you hit your shorter irons. Especially with few rounds in the system I found it would take one or two 8-iron/9-iron/PW shots that happened to bounce over the green or be hit with the face delofted or something and incorporate that into it's AI for my distances with those irons.

So for instance my 9-iron is a basically a 120 yard club but Caddie would tell me to use 9-iron from maybe 126. I'd see that, do my best to swing hard and occasionally actually get 126 out of a 9-iron. After a couple more rounds it sees those shots and decides to tell me to hit 9-iron from 132 or 133. After a couple months with the Caddie it was having me pull 8-iron from distances like 146 or 148, 9-iron from 138 or 140 and even PW from 125 yards. With predictable results on my game as I got in the habit of chasing those recommendations by swinging harder and harder at short irons!

I had an epiphany one day when a hole was playing slighly downwind (maybe 6-8mph?), the flag was on the back of the green and my yardage was 138 to the middle of the green and 151 to the flag. Caddie tells me it's 9-iron, I swing out of my shoes at 9-iron and the ball lands a couple yard short then rolls right up past the hole a few feet. But the swing it took to hit that shot literally gave me a stiff neck and a throbbing pain in my arm from trying to murder the ball.

I ditched the Caddie and went back to taking plenty of club and swinging easy.

22 hours ago, North Butte said:

I'd advise not judging the Caddie based the minimum of 5 rounds posted. That's the minimum for it to actually enable the feature but when I used it years ago the recommendations were very spotty even after 8-10 rounds. Once I got past 10 rounds it started showing some consistency in club recommendations so I'd consider that a more reasonable minimum unless your initial 5 rounds are very consistent and all on the same course.

As for the Caddie recommendations per se I'd advise being careful not to let the Arccos Caddie talk you into stretching out the distances you hit your shorter irons. Especially with few rounds in the system I found it would take one or two 8-iron/9-iron/PW shots that happened to bounce over the green or be hit with the face delofted or something and incorporate that into it's AI for my distances with those irons.

So for instance my 9-iron is a basically a 120 yard club but Caddie would tell me to use 9-iron from maybe 126. I'd see that, do my best to swing hard and occasionally actually get 126 out of a 9-iron. After a couple more rounds it sees those shots and decides to tell me to hit 9-iron from 132 or 133. After a couple months with the Caddie it was having me pull 8-iron from distances like 146 or 148, 9-iron from 138 or 140 and even PW from 125 yards. With predictable results on my game as I got in the habit of chasing those recommendations by swinging harder and harder at short irons!

I had an epiphany one day when a hole was playing slighly downwind (maybe 6-8mph?), the flag was on the back of the green and my yardage was 138 to the middle of the green and 151 to the flag. Caddie tells me it's 9-iron, I swing out of my shoes at 9-iron and the ball lands a couple yard short then rolls right up past the hole a few feet. But the swing it took to hit that shot literally gave me a stiff neck and a throbbing pain in my arm from trying to murder the ball.

I ditched the Caddie and went back to taking plenty of club and swinging easy.

Yeah I mean I am just interested to see what the Caddie does. I by no means am ever going to rely on it. I know my numbers and what I can pull off, I dont need the app for that. I am just more intrigued to see how close it gets and how it learns over time. the 5 rounds also gives you more accurate SGI stats so just in general having the 5 rounds is going to be nice. I love everything so far and since switching to the iPhone its really been 100% easy every single time I play. 

The stats that its providing are the most important to me, and its doing a great job of that so far. 

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, Nic1972 said:

This might have been asked before but I could not find the answer: Is there a possibility to add a second putter? I have two putters and two sensors. I would like to be able to compare the two putters, i.e. track my stats with each putter independently. 

Yes.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, arenapoutine said:

I love this when it works, but it unfortunately doesn't always work for me. I'm four rounds in, I have Link and used that for two. I don't think I missed any shots using Link, and just a couple with my phone, but not really a big deal. (I couldn't remember a couple shots after the round, but I'll chalk that up to the beer I was drinking.)

Currently dealing with an issue where my round from Saturday is lost in the ether somewhere. Showed up on my phone, but couldn't view stats/SG and it didn't aggregate with the rest of my stats. Didn't show up on desktop dashboard. Contacted customer support, they had me hold the stats button and resubmit round... did that and it was totally gone. Still working with customer service, will update if I get it figured out.

Update on this one: took customer support a week of back and forth for them to say, hey, looks like that round somehow got lost and didn't upload to our servers. Delete and reinstall the app on your phone and things should work. I followed their instructions to resubmit the round and that deleted my round entirely.... and I had already played and posted another round successfully at that point without deleting and reinstalling the app.... so, round lost, no cause given or resolution received by support. Answered their survey they sent out after saying I didn't get the help I was looking for, and no response from that.

It's frustrating. Very promising product and it's great when it works, but don't hold out too much hope if anything goes awry outside of your control. 

Ping G430 LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Apex UW, 19, AD-DI 8S

Srixon ZX, 23

Ping i230, 5-PW, Modus 120x

Ping S159, 48.12 S (at 49)

Vokey SM10, 54.12 D

Vokey SM9, 60.12 D (at 59)

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S, 34"

Z-Star Diamond 

4 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

Great thanks, that was helpful.... I would be interested in the “how”.

If you have unlimited tags, you can have unlimited clubs. You just look at the stats of the of one of the putters in the app, 1, 2, 3 putt percentage, putts per round, per hole, and per GIR, then look at the other. The online dashboard give a little more stats such as total attempted, made, and percentage from 2ft, 10ft, 20ft, and 30ft.

My understanding was that you could have just 1 putter paired to Arccos at a time.  I have a standard screw in putter sensor and one of the SuperStroke putter sensors and I cannot have both of them linked at the same time. When you have a putter paired and go to Add a new club in the app, the Putter option is not available to select to add a second putter.  I guess this is by design.  

1 hour ago, GoCards said:

My understanding was that you could have just 1 putter paired to Arccos at a time.  I have a standard screw in putter sensor and one of the SuperStroke putter sensors and I cannot have both of them linked at the same time. When you have a putter paired and go to Add a new club in the app, the Putter option is not available to select to add a second putter.  I guess this is by design.  

That is exactly my problem, too. One can pair a lot of clubs ( not unlimited neither, as there is a limit, too) but just one putter. I hoped that there was a way, but apparently not. Even though, Frankensteins Monster seems to know more...

12 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

If you have unlimited tags, you can have unlimited clubs. You just look at the stats of the of one of the putters in the app, 1, 2, 3 putt percentage, putts per round, per hole, and per GIR, then look at the other. The online dashboard give a little more stats such as total attempted, made, and percentage from 2ft, 10ft, 20ft, and 30ft.

That is the reply from Arccos:

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team and you can only have 1 putter paired to your bag at any given time. You can add in another putter but will need to unpair your existing putter and unpair/repair each putter/sensor accordingly.

16 hours ago, GoCards said:

14 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

That is exactly my problem, too. One can pair a lot of clubs ( not unlimited neither, as there is a limit, too) but just one putter. I hoped that there was a way, but apparently not. Even though, Frankensteins Monster seems to know more...

4 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

That is the reply from Arccos:

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team and you can only have 1 putter paired to your bag at any given time. You can add in another putter but will need to unpair your existing putter and unpair/repair each putter/sensor accordingly.

You can add multiple putters if you like, only one can be “paired” at a time. You can compare the stats of multiple putters, independently. I have three putters in my “Clubs.” Only one is ‘Paired and in the bag.’ You’re not stuck using “one” putter. You’re only ‘stuck’ using one putter per round. Unless you want to use two putters during each round.

You asked if you could track the stats of putters independently. The answer is… yes.

Edited by Frankensteins Monster

1 hour ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

You can add multiple putters if you like, only one can be “paired” at a time. You can compare the stats of multiple putters, independently. I have three putters in my “Clubs.” Only one is ‘Paired and in the bag.’ You’re not stuck using “one” putter. You’re only ‘stuck’ using one putter per round. Unless you want to use two putters during each round.

You asked if you could track the stats of putters independently. The answer is… yes.

I understand that I can use different putters by “un-pairing” the one I usually use and pairing the second one. However the stats will be the combined ones from both putters. I do not have the possibility to select putter 1 or putter 2. In the club section I only have one slot for the putter, therefore I can track only the overall stats. Obviously I can compare rounds played with the different putters, but I did not find a way to do it in the app.

42 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

I understand that I can use different putters by “un-pairing” the one I usually use and pairing the second one. However the stats will be the combined ones from both putters. I do not have the possibility to select putter 1 or putter 2. In the club section I only have one slot for the putter, therefore I can track only the overall stats. Obviously I can compare rounds played with the different putters, but I did not find a way to do it in the app.

No they won't, if you name them differently. I currently have three putters under "Clubs." One paired and two unpaired. On two of them I even used the same sensor. You can even use the same putter, but name it a different putting technique and compare how you putt between the different putting styles.

Edited by Frankensteins Monster

6 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

No they won't, if you name them differently. I currently have three putters under "Clubs." One paired and two unpaired. On two of them I even used the same sensor. You can even use the same putter, but name it a different putting technique and compare how you putt between the different putting styles.

Thanks for that, but Instill cannot do it on the app, as there is only one putter in the “clubs” section available. Could you please let me know if I have to use the computer? 

6 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

Thanks for that, but Instill cannot do it on the app, as there is only one putter in the “clubs” section available. Could you please let me know if I have to use the computer? 

Name it what you want. Un-Pair it. Pair second putter. I can view stats through app and web dashboard.

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

• jmorrow020 changed the title to *UPDATE 6/2/2021* My Arccos Experience - Smart Sensors and Caddie Link - Live Thread

OP Updated again! Absolutely loving my experience with Arccos! 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

18 hours ago, Luv2kruz said:

So what is the whole system costing you? Both initial hardware purchase and ongoing subscription.

The LINK is about $129, which I would not recommend buying unless your phone really bugs you in your pocket or you constantly play by yourself and you want to play music during your round. 

The sensors are $179 for 13 and a screw in putter sensor. 

I ordered 3 extra sensors at $7.99 each. (you get a discount if you are a member to the Caddie app) 

I ordered the Superstroke putter sensor accessory which was $20 (super worth it)

The CADDIE subscription is $119 a year which I also think is super worth it and honestly the reason I am keeping the system at all. 

So all in thats right below $500. With $380 of that never having to be spent again. Arccos is also really good about fixing issues. I asked for a replacement sensor and it was sent out right away, and I know of people who were sent new LINKs after some unfortunate events as well. Basically now all I am in for is the $120 a year ($10/month) for the Caddie stats; which is well worth it. 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

On 4/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, jmorrow020 said:

I am still not sold on the Caddie part... The app itself is great, the stats breakdowns are wonderful, and the ability to track club data has proven very useful for me. I have been doing a bunch of testing lately and the ability to repair the club and rename it so you can compare them is phenomenal and I think a very under utilized portion of this experience. Back to the Caddie. Its... ok. I still disagree with 70% of its suggestions, and I know my own clubs and shots well enough to hit what I need to hit. It does do a really good job of throwing out bad shots, and using its environment factors to calculate club distance and such so I will give it that, but I think that I need more shots with individual clubs before its actually truly useful. But what has been super useful has been the GPS rangefinder part of the app. Just for figuring out how to clear certain things, and its just a little bit easier than a normal rangefinder. I always shoot the pin with my rangefinder and then check clearing distances with my app and compare, and so far it's genuinely helped my game. 

...so Mr. 325yd drives... get ready to be humbled. 

I've got about 20 rounds with Arccos and only after having enough data, probably when I was around 15 rounds, did I start to rely on the virtual Caddie.  I still go through my "gut" sense routine - shot the pin with the laser and figure out a club, but now I check the Caddie to verify it's recommendation and how I can dial in the club selection even more when I adjust for where the pin is located on the green.  I still think you've got to take these as "inputs" to determining your final club selection - Caddie doesn't do a great job with wind and gusts, but it hasn't been too off.  I'd say that probably around 80% of the time Caddie and my gut agree, but when we haven't it's been pretty obvious that Caddie wants me to hit one club stronger given my GIR data shows that my miss is consistenly short.

And yes, Arccos does provide some humbling reality with the driver.  But it is fun when you blast one 20 past your buddies who think they did well to let them know they only went 265!

• jmorrow020 changed the title to *UPDATE 8/2/2021* My Arccos Experience - Updated piece about testing Swing Weight

OP udated with some Swingweight talk and continuing experience! 

• Like 1

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

• 3 weeks later...

I think I played my last round with Arccos.

It all started great - beginning of the season I got new Ping G425 irons and hybrids that had the sensors in the grips. Signed up for the trial and while my android phone was missing a lot of shots but I was enjoying tinkering with it and it didn't bother me at first. After a few rounds I started getting annoyed (some of them missed a lot of shots), so I paid $200 CAD for the Link. The Link was a lot better and only missed a few shots per round (tap-ins and/or a few shots here and there where the lighting wasn't great).

Since I was into it for $200 CAD and it was working better I decided to pay for the membership. Then a few weeks after that a round didn't upload correctly and customer support gave me some crap about having issues with a server software update (don't they test) and said they would look into it, then a few weeks later they told me it was lost for good. This was super frustrating as it was my best round of the year and I didn't even get to see the stats before it was lost.

Fast forward to yesterday - I go to put my Link in my bag and I check to make sure it is charged. It wasn't...it was at 2%. Not a big deal I thought, I will just charge it! Turns out it is dead and won't charge anymore. I have only had the Link for 3 months. Waiting to hear back from customer support but I think it is toast.

I keep get the feeling that this stuff is half baked and that they aren't really great at either software or hardware despite charging a fair amount for both their subscription and the hardware. It also kind of annoys me that their biggest advancement since I have been a member is the Black Link....which just appears to be a Link that happens to be a different color. How about releasing a Link that lasts longer than 3 months instead of just making one a different color and spamming everyone trying to sell it?

Getting back to just playing golf and not looking at my phone throughout the round was nice too. I found I didn't miss the stats as much as I thought I would and realized that I have a pretty good sense of where I am losing strokes without Arccos.

Edited by cmaxwe

• 2 months later...

Anyone use the iWatch to track shots?  I'm curious how that is going.  I just got some new ping irons with the sensors in the grips, and am curious to try this out.

Titleist TSR3 9* - KBS TD 60 CAT3 | Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red (S) | Taylormade Sim2 Max 5w(18*) - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x | Srixon Z785 4-PW - KBS Tour FLT (S) | Vokey SM8 50.08F(51*), 56.12D, SM9 64.04W - DG Tour Issue S400 | Bettinardi SS28 Slotback

I can't get through an entire round with my Link. Seems to have been an unnecessary investment. I prefer not to have my phone in my pocket, but it works just fine, especially when paired with the watch, so you don't have to pull it out every shot. Regardless, I would prefer to display it in the cart, but it can't seem to track all of my swings. Primarily my two monster drives this weekend.

This is the outing after receiving a new Link device from ARCCOS following difficulty with the last sensor. I did play on a split course GOLD/RED, so I will give it another try. However, I must have already had at least 25 holes that were not registered, not counting the ones I had to correct online with missing shots. I also can't refer back to a single outing as I notice mid-stride that it's not recording and have to come out and back-in creating a new session.

I am not here to badmouth. I like the concept behind ARCCOS and want to get some data behind my game for improvement. Just frustrated, as I should have been able to unlock the caddie feature months ago.

If anyone has suggestions as to what has worked from them, I am all ears. 

I still love the whole experience. I was always reluctant to buy the sensors because I do not like to have my phone in the pocket when I play. As soon as the link came out I bought the bundle and it works perfectly. It hardly missed a single shot, except some short putts. One of my sensors died after 9 months, I contacted customer service in the UK and they sent me a new one within days. And the data it provides is really helpful. I also use it as GPS and it is very accurate. I have no complaints.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:46 AM, VRico22 said:

I can't get through an entire round with my Link. Seems to have been an unnecessary investment. I prefer not to have my phone in my pocket, but it works just fine, especially when paired with the watch, so you don't have to pull it out every shot. Regardless, I would prefer to display it in the cart, but it can't seem to track all of my swings. Primarily my two monster drives this weekend.

This is the outing after receiving a new Link device from ARCCOS following difficulty with the last sensor. I did play on a split course GOLD/RED, so I will give it another try. However, I must have already had at least 25 holes that were not registered, not counting the ones I had to correct online with missing shots. I also can't refer back to a single outing as I notice mid-stride that it's not recording and have to come out and back-in creating a new session.

I am not here to badmouth. I like the concept behind ARCCOS and want to get some data behind my game for improvement. Just frustrated, as I should have been able to unlock the caddie feature months ago.

If anyone has suggestions as to what has worked from them, I am all ears. 

If you check on your phone to validate each shot quickly after you play each hole you wont lose any data. Link or no link. Still need to validate on phone to truly be sure. 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS