Look what our friends at the USPS delivered today....UNREAL

sfehlman22

USPS....what a dumpster fire anymore. I've had boxes show up bent, smashed, opened, but NEVER delivered in half. Yes. That's right. In half and the shaft (Tensei) sticking right out of it. I cannot believe it. They also taped an "apology" sticker to it. Nothing about filing a claim, just that "we're sorry". The shipper is working on his end now. Lesson learned here.....ALWAYS INSURE WITH THE GOVERNMENT. 

USPS....Unreal @#$&y Performance Service.... best acronym I can post that's clean here 

PXL_20210405_194539684.jpg

PXL_20210405_194550755.jpg

PXL_20210405_194554017.jpg

PXL_20210405_194710557.jpg

PXL_20210405_194749109.jpg

PXL_20210405_194946040.jpg

• Haha 1

I swear club boxes get jumped on by angry employees

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

2 hours ago, the bishop said:

well the apology sounds sincere...

Well sure,it’s a nice note but not even a tube of gorilla glue?

Not to make light of the issue. I agree with the others about insurance...I used to pass but always insure these days.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Same thing happened to a shaft I shipped via USPS. Box showed up bent at a 45 degree angle. I refunded the buyer immediately and filed an insurance claim with multiple photos. It was denied as they wanted me to bring the box to a annex for inspection. Fortunately it was only $20. Won’t EVER use USPS to ship again. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cardoustie said:

I swear club boxes get jumped on by angry employees

I used to work in one of the main hubs and you're not far off on your assessment. Lot's of disgruntled people that don't really want to be there and just show up to collect a check.  Whatever you do; do not write fragile on a package! I've seen so many take it as some sort of slight towards their intelligence or a challenge of sorts and toss the item as hard as they can.

• Sad 1

I had the Same thing happen last year where 10” of the shaft were sticking out of a bent in half box and a cracked open end.  Seller gave me full refund even though shaft was fine

I bring in a lot of golf stuff from the USA and I swear 40 percent of the boxes have bends in the middle upon arrival

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I can't even imagine a scenario during shipping where that much force would be applied to a package! It's just amazing the amount of force needed to snap a graphite shaft like that. I knew things were bad when rumors of mail into Detroit being rerouted across the country just for sorting. I literally just received a Christmas card.

But this is pure insanity.

Not casting any blame on the seller as this falls squarely on USPS but it’s not a good idea to ship a shaft in a box that size unless you completely pack it tight with newspaper or some kind of solid filler.  If the box isn’t completely full, the box will collapse and bend/break whatever is inside.

I always ship shafts in a round tube, has so much more structural strength.  I’ve never run into this issue using the right shipping container.  I’ve even gone as far as going to Home Depot and buying a length of PVC pipe and 2 end cap to ensure this kind of thing can’t happen.  Just something to keep in mind when selling shafts.

• Like 4

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

For what it's worth, every Callaway box I have gotten in 2020 and 2021 (including 2 very recently), have been damaged, thankfully the putters were not.  This was UPS.

I have gotten 2 clubs and 1 shaft via USPS - they arrived in good shape - but again boxes damaged. One so much that I took photos before I opened expecting it to be damaged.  The shaft was mailed in a tube that then placed in a box - it arrived VERY well condition (no damage to the box.

I suspect that most drivers/shafts are at the long end of what the machinery can tolerate, it hits a turn, another box behind it (on a high speed conveyor) and damage.  So, when I SEND shafts (and not clubs with removable heads), I put the shaft in a white plastic plumbing/pipe, tape up both ends and then put it in a box.  I received a shaft once just in the pipe with ends taped - maybe it was a 2" pipe and label taped on.  No issues. 

Only way to send a valuable item - and it's just not that much more.

I have a bunch of PXGs coming (I hope next week), Fedex ground - no idea how they handle their packages but it will require a signature so I assume they will handle with kid gloves...hmmm, maybe that's the REAL answer, require signature - a pain for sure, but if the delivery person has to see you face to face -will the package arrive more safely?

• Like 1

Man that is rough. I hope seller bought extra insurance, because even if USPS claims fault like this, they still refuse to cover it. I Sent a putter with Stability Tour shaft to Texas, was delivered with the box SMASHED. Like someone ran it over. Snapped the Stability shaft in half. There was also a note inside the box, where USPS claimed responsibility saying the box was damaged in their care. I almost always buy insurance, and I specifically remember thinking I bought insurance for this one especially with the expensive shaft in it. Looked back, and somehow I must have skipped over it. Even with the letter claiming fault, and an appeals process, they still denied the claim. Needless to say, I double check that I bought insurance now. 

6 minutes ago, Jmm96 said:

I can't even imagine a scenario during shipping where that much force would be applied to a package! It's just amazing the amount of force needed to snap a graphite shaft like that. I knew things were bad when rumors of mail into Detroit being rerouted across the country just for sorting. I literally just received a Christmas card.

But this is pure insanity.

If ppl understood how packages actually moved in any of the shipping/freight carrier systems then they would not be surprised at all how this happens.

Everything is loaded into a tractor trailer, which is packed floor to ceiling, roughly 50’ long by 8’ wide by 9’ tall.  So image how many packages fit in one of those.  Then that trailer is hauled 100s or even 1000s of miles, constantly bouncing/shifting/moving.  If your package happens to be in the middle or near the bottom of that trailer and something heavy is above it, well you can figure out the rest.

Its almost never the case that damage is caused by human handling but mostly in transit from point A to point B.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

That is horrible! I've seen that happen with other services also. Th boxes were mangled and the top open. I wonder if "Fragile" "Handle with care" stickers would help.🙁 BTW. If you are shipping shafts take a swimming pool noodle and insert a shaft in it. That is the best form of protection I found so far.

Edited by krutoi
  • Like 1

Bunch of clubs

UPS isn't any better, even with "insurance".  I shipped a driver, box was bent on arrival, shaft was snapped completely in half.  Sent the buyer a replacement shaft same day, filed a claim with UPS....crickets.  Spoke with my UPS account rep and she told me that the chances of getting reimbursed were slim to none, and that UPS only reimburses for the materials (not the actual shaft value).

Here's a pic of a shaft that arrived over the weekend via USPS.  Shaft had no damage, but the box was beat up and partially open on arrival.

image.png.c094e1f6bf7a9da12b12fd2ca925d5bb.png

3 hours ago, krutoi said:

That is horrible! I've seen that happen with other services also. Th boxes were mangled and the top open. I wonder if "Fragile" "Handle with care" stickers would help.🙁 BTW. If you are shipping shafts take a swimming pool noodle and insert a shaft in it. That is the best form of protection I found so far.

It’s not cheap to ship but a PVC pipe will keep the shaft protected and won’t bend. It weighs a lot compared to a box but I know shaft is safe. 

• Like 2

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Obviously this is on the shipping company, but I cringe seeing a shaft like that free floating in a box. I had a few shafts delivered just like that the other day and was surprised they werent messed up, lucky I guess, however it would make sense when shipping a shaft to put the shafts into PVC pipe, then into the box.

Clearly I cannot read and did not see the above comment, whoops.

Edited by Circaflex

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

I just received a crushed box from USPS and to my amazement, the shaft was intact.

I've received so many damaged and creased boxes recently that I purchased the 275lb double walled boxes from uline and have started to use those to ship clubs I sell. It was expensive ($98 for 15 boxes) but these boxes are sturdy.

• Like 1

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

We have all experienced some form of horror story or another with just about any/every shipping company, it is just an inevitability unfortunately. Thankfully in this case it was a pretty cheap shaft, but its the principle of thing of course. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

USPS is horrible right now. What they’re not destroying takes forever to arrive. I got a set of irons this week delivered with a huge hole in the corner of the box. Luckily the seller packed them securely so nothing was lost. But the hole was big enough for a club to fall through. A few weeks ago I ordered some golf balls that took 2-1/2 weeks to get here. 2-3 day priority mail is more like 2-3 weeks non-priority mail. I’m now waiting on a putter from one state over to get here. It’s been 9 days so far and the tracking number hasn’t been updated in 3 days. Their service is garbage. I’ve never had these problems with UPS or FedEx. 

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

On 4/6/2021 at 7:33 AM, jblough99 said:

If ppl understood how packages actually moved in any of the shipping/freight carrier systems then they would not be surprised at all how this happens.

Everything is loaded into a tractor trailer, which is packed floor to ceiling, roughly 50’ long by 8’ wide by 9’ tall.  So image how many packages fit in one of those.  Then that trailer is hauled 100s or even 1000s of miles, constantly bouncing/shifting/moving.  If your package happens to be in the middle or near the bottom of that trailer and something heavy is above it, well you can figure out the rest.

Its almost never the case that damage is caused by human handling but mostly in transit from point A to point B.

I can’t speak to USPS or UPS and their packaging, but FedEx Express isn’t that way at all.