I am in the market to buy a new 58° lob wedge. I currently play a Ping Glide ES sole and love it but groove wise it's time to replace. I hate the look of the Glide 3.0 eye 2 sole, specifically the toe. I have tried the new Callaway MD and it just didn't feel right. I have never been a big fan of Titleist but haven't ruled it out. Been looking at Cleveland RTX4 but never played Cleveland wedges before. Looking for some options from like golfers. I'm 54, 5 handicapper. Mainly use the lob wedge around the greens and bunkers including flop shots. I play on a variety of course conditions and grasses. I'm think a bounce around 8 to 10 but also looking input.

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I haven’t gamed the RTX4, but I can definitely recommend the Cleveland RTX Zipcore...especially in a 58*!   I’m 42 and play to a 6, so not too far off from you. The Zipcores with DG Spinn

I'm in western North Carolina, everyone here does club fittings inside on a mat. Especially for a wedge I think it should be outside on grass.

Picked up the RTX zipcore today. Went straight to the course. Almost chipped in on #1 with it. It was the first time it touched a golf ball. I fell in love with it immediately. Thanks for your recomme

1 hour ago, Chewy2013 said:

I am in the market to buy a new 58° lob wedge. I currently play a Ping Glide ES sole and love it but groove wise it's time to replace. I hate the look of the Glide 3.0 eye 2 sole, specifically the toe. I have tried the new Callaway MD and it just didn't feel right. I have never been a big fan of Titleist but haven't ruled it out. Been looking at Cleveland RTX4 but never played Cleveland wedges before. Looking for some options from like golfers. I'm 54, 5 handicapper. Mainly use the lob wedge around the greens and bunkers including flop shots. I play on a variety of course conditions and grasses. I'm think a bounce around 8 to 10 but also looking input.

Thanks

Well, I haven’t gamed the RTX4, but I can definitely recommend the Cleveland RTX Zipcore...especially in a 58*!

I’m 42 and play to a 6, so not too far off from you. The Zipcores with DG Spinner shafts are super smooth swinging, and the control, feel, and spin is off the charts!

The only thing I’ve found with them that is a drawback is that they spin too much and launch too high for me on full swings, so I’m going to a DG S400 shaft in my 50* GW. But for a 54*-60* Zipcore, those characteristics only help.

I gamed TM Milled Grind prior to Zipcores, and these are definitely on a different level.

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Tensei AV Blue 65

Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / Hzrdus Black 6.0 85

TaylorMade P790 (4), (5-PW Coming soon...)

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

I'd get fit for a new Edel - 1025 forged, swing matched. milled sole, good selection of shafts

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps

Primary Bag:

Callaway Epic Speed 9; Epic Max 9 ● Mizuno STZ 5 wd/Motore F3 6 ● SIM Max 4H/Accra FX 2.0 200 ● Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW Accra ICWT95 ● Mizuno MP T20 50, 55, 59/Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 125 ● Swag Savage Too.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:59 PM, BallerNate said:

Well, I haven’t gamed the RTX4, but I can definitely recommend the Cleveland RTX Zipcore...especially in a 58*!

I’m 42 and play to a 6, so not too far off from you. The Zipcores with DG Spinner shafts are super smooth swinging, and the control, feel, and spin is off the charts!

The only thing I’ve found with them that is a drawback is that they spin too much and launch too high for me on full swings, so I’m going to a DG S400 shaft in my 50* GW. But for a 54*-60* Zipcore, those characteristics only help.

I gamed TM Milled Grind prior to Zipcores, and these are definitely on a different level.

Picked up the RTX zipcore today. Went straight to the course. Almost chipped in on #1 with it. It was the first time it touched a golf ball. I fell in love with it immediately. Thanks for your recommendation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Chewy2013 said:

Picked up the RTX zipcore today. Went straight to the course. Almost chipped in on #1 with it. It was the first time it touched a golf ball. I fell in love with it immediately. Thanks for your recommendation

Awesome...great to hear!! Very happy to help and glad you love it!

Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Tensei AV Blue 65

Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / Hzrdus Black 6.0 85

TaylorMade P790 (4), (5-PW Coming soon...)

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.