2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Oakley Golf Prizm Sunglasses

On 7/8/2021 at 11:21 PM, rooski said:

Curious if those with the standard PRIZM Golf can confirm the accuracy of these two Oakley images -- is the contrast as striking as these images make it look? 

NO LENS

noprizm.png.a46dd598ccb3ff3985229e199fbe88fe.png

PRIZM Golf

prizmon.png.f1aa6966ca7abf5c3b977455054613dd.png

It's quite accurate.  You may not want to look at your lawn while wearing them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2021 at 1:01 AM, rooski said:

I'm a bit afraid of this when mine show up, but im thinking that 30% VLT will be dark enough for me. My current Polarized Ray Bans are somewhere in between 18-40 and i often wish they were not so dark, hopefully OG Prizm Golf should do me well since it doesn't get so bright in Oregon

Curious to know how it goes for you!  Good luck and be well!

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

On 7/6/2021 at 3:31 PM, ilikegolf26 said:

That’s worrisome to me. I play in the Florida afternoon sunlight for most of my rounds and was leaning toward the dark prizm. Is it really that bright?

I'll give you an update. I wear a hat, 100% of the time I'm outside. I grew up as a beach kid and had eye problems from sun and salt exposure in my early 20's, so even though those problems are in the past I'm extra aware of how much sun I'm receiving at any given time. I would never wear Prizm lenses without a hat in Florida. 

But - I haven't been golfing without them since I bought em. They're comfortable, they're light, they stay on your face well, and they do provide increased contrast for reading greens without the distortion of polarization. HOWEVER, I think the benefit of the Prizm lense (for Florida anyway) is correlated to the time of day you play, with lower light being ideal and middle of the day providing less advantage, even as the "dark" lense. 

Having shuffled through a dozen pairs of decent sunglasses the last 15-20 years or so, I don't think there's anything on the market better for high sun exposure contrast than a nice clean pair of shades with brown or green tinted 580 glass from costa... but you have to deal with polarization. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, YetiOne said:

I'll give you an update. I wear a hat, 100% of the time I'm outside. I grew up as a beach kid and had eye problems from sun and salt exposure in my early 20's, so even though those problems are in the past I'm extra aware of how much sun I'm receiving at any given time. I would never wear Prizm lenses without a hat in Florida. 

But - I haven't been golfing without them since I bought em. They're comfortable, they're light, they stay on your face well, and they do provide increased contrast for reading greens without the distortion of polarization. HOWEVER, I think the benefit of the Prizm lense (for Florida anyway) is correlated to the time of day you play, with lower light being ideal and middle of the day providing less advantage, even as the "dark" lense. 

Having shuffled through a dozen pairs of decent sunglasses the last 15-20 years or so, I don't think there's anything on the market better for high sun exposure contrast than a nice clean pair of shades with brown or green tinted 580 glass from costa... but you have to deal with polarization. 

I have two pairs of Costas and both have the paint peeling off them after less than 3 years owning them. I think I’m done with that brand. I currently wear a non polarized brown lens from Ray Ban in my sunglasses on the golf course and they seem alright although I’ve been having trouble following the ball on tee shots in them than I did in other sunglasses I’ve worn over the years. 

21 minutes ago, ilikegolf26 said:

I have two pairs of Costas and both have the paint peeling off them after less than 3 years owning them. I think I’m done with that brand. I currently wear a non polarized brown lens from Ray Ban in my sunglasses on the golf course and they seem alright although I’ve been having trouble following the ball on tee shots in them than I did in other sunglasses I’ve worn over the years. 

Well, after my 4 pairs of CDMs I’d say Costa > Oakley on quality 

Randolph are the best sunglasses on the market if you want to balance “I’ll have this forever” with “damn these lenses are sweet”

Ive tried regular prizm golf, dark prizm golf and prizm field and Ive found the prizm field my favourite for bright conditions in Australia and to make the ball pop a bit more in the distance.  It seems to work well on the greens too.

Cobra LTDx VA Composites Drago 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5 deg fairway VA Composites Drago 75S

Titleist TSi2 21 deg fairway VA Composites Drago 75S

Titleist AP3 4-PW+48 Tour AMT white x100

Vokey SM9 54.10S (@53) 

Vokey SM9 58.08M

Taylormade Spider EX putter

ProV1X

• 5 weeks later...

I have the Prizm Dark Golf....  at least I hope my club has them because I left them in my cart on Tuesday and I like them but on overcast days I switch to an older pair of Prescription Oakley's that my eye Dr sold me 5 years ago that are photochromatic - Transition lenses.   I may be in the market for something new 🙂   

Has anyone tried any other Oakley specialty lenses like the Prizm Field or Prizm Black or Grey ?  

Edited by Tzoid

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

On 4/6/2021 at 11:02 AM, GSDriver said:

I have Prizm Dark Golf lenses which are Rx Progressive, they're fantastic.  Flak 2.0 XL frames.  Most Oakley frames allow for interchangeable lenses, so can get more lenses and change as conditions warrant.  I like the Dark Golf Prizm so much, I wear them for driving (car) too.

I got the same ones in June.  Great sunglasses and versatile from early morning cloudy tee times to mid afternoon sunny rounds.  

• Like 1

I've had my Holbrook XL with PRIZM Golf for a few weeks now, managed to get it in a somewhat powerful prescription from LensCrafters, Oakley wouldn't cut them.

I love these things -- like many mentioned they aren't a super dark pair of sunglasses but I don't experience anything being too bright at all and I think I would have been pretty disappointed had I went with the PRIZM Dark Golf, maybe if I lived in Florida?

They definitely help me read greens and you can see undulations a lot better throughout the course, crazy how flat some bumps can look when you take them off to compare.

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

• 2 weeks later...

Always played with cheap sunglasses($19.99 specials from the big rack that spins)

Broke down and got the Oakleys

Had a good deal on the Bay

I am sure it will rain for at least a month now

PS

They are the Prizm golf non-polarized lenses

Always played with Polarized lenses so will report back on how it goes

shades.jpg

Driver -Cobra RadSpeed 9*

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX Zipcore Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Closer-34"

Ball- Wilson Triad 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 11:20 AM, scott406 said:

Always played with cheap sunglasses($19.99 specials from the big rack that spins)

Broke down and got the Oakleys

Had a good deal on the Bay

PS

They are the Prizm golf non-polarized lenses

Always played with Polarized lenses so will report back on how it goes

shades.jpg

Despite the majority of folks preference on here, I think the standard Golf Prizm will cut the TOTAL light just enough in the brightest spots, but also allow one to wear them in minimal light just the same, with little to no loss of sight. Basically, you can wear them for every round, all round, even in heavily shaded, evening conditions. If you are used to no sunglass use while golfing, this will be a great option. 

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Randolph Ranger brand Phantom 2.0 model is what I wear while playing golf. Great quality frames and lenses.

https://www.reranger.com/products/phantom-2-0?variant=32978863194251

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

10 hours ago, A.Princey said:

Despite the majority of folks preference on here, I think the standard Golf Prizm will cut the TOTAL light just enough in the brightest spots, but also allow one to wear them in minimal light just the same, with little to no loss of sight. Basically, you can wear them for every round, all round, even in heavily shaded, evening conditions. If you are used to no sunglass use while golfing, this will be a great option. 

I like the Prizm G30 (standard golf) for my sunglasses.  Just had my Rx pair of Oakley Crossfires delivered a week ago, first round with them is today.  For the last several years, I’ve worn Maui Jim with the bronze lenses, I don’t like them too dark and prefer to see more light for better contrast.  We shall see if the RX -air is the way to go, I hate contacts, so it’s been a few years and the vision is slowly degrading which is normal.

for what it’s worth, I can see blades of grass again, which is cool!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 11:20 AM, scott406 said:

I was close 

Hurricane Ida

Finally got to use them last Sunday

Very comfortable

Forgot they were on

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Ball- Wilson Triad 

• 5 months later...

I just got my Flak 2.0 XLs with the Dark Golf prizm lenses. I like the lenses a lot and the fit on the sides of my head and nose feels good. They’re really light. My issue with them is the peripheral vision at the bottom of the lens. It seems like they don’t go down far enough as I have light coming through at the bottom and it makes for a weird difference between lens and no lens when looking straight down. I even took them to the Oakley store and the guy said the lens were correct and that’s how deep they are. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

I just got my Flak 2.0 XLs with the Dark Golf prizm lenses. I like the lenses a lot and the fit on the sides of my head and nose feels good. They’re really light. My issue with them is the peripheral vision at the bottom of the lens. It seems like they don’t go down far enough as I have light coming through at the bottom and it makes for a weird difference between lens and no lens when looking straight down. I even took them to the Oakley store and the guy said the lens were correct and that’s how deep they are. 

Do you have the XLJ lenses or the standard size? The XLJ lenses are slightly bigger and do a much better job of blocking out peripheral light.

image.jpeg.8683d2fbaa6c8b792c6c0b00ce0c6715.jpeg

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

26 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Do you have the XLJ lenses or the standard size? The XLJ lenses are slightly bigger and do a much better job of blocking out peripheral light.

image.jpeg.8683d2fbaa6c8b792c6c0b00ce0c6715.jpeg

They’re the XL. I verified it with the Oakley store even. It’s fine on the sides and top but at the bottom it feels like I get more light through than I anticipated. 

I have used Radarlock frames with Pitch Golf Prizm lenses for years and I love them. They cover pretty much your entire field of vision, so when you're singing you don't lose sight of the ball. You can also replace the lenses in about 60 seconds depending on what your doing so I always keep a darker lens with me for most everything besides golf. They're great sunglasses. 

spacer.png

I have the dark golf prizm lenses, they're progressive and I wear them pretty much all the time.

Yes, they're polarized, and no I don't have trouble reading greens with them on.

I used to wear Maui Jim Bronze, they were nice too, but Oakley knows how to make progressive lenses for golf.

Paradym 9.5

Rogue ST Max HL 3wd (really a 4wd)

Apex Pro 21 3 & 4

Apex 21 Mixed Combo Set 5-A

Jaws 5 54* C-grind

PM Grind 2.0  58*

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

I bought the Flack 2.0 with the Prizm Golf Lenses.

I had trouble with the glare and went and bought the Prizm Shallow Water Polarized lenses and they are fantastic.

Like the post above me said:

5 hours ago, Is Golf Fun or Work said:

Yes, they're polarized, and no I don't have trouble reading greens with them on.

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Ball- Wilson Triad 

5 hours ago, Is Golf Fun or Work said:

I have the dark golf prizm lenses, they're progressive and I wear them pretty much all the time.

I used to wear Maui Jim Bronze, they were nice too, but Oakley knows how to make progressive lenses for golf.

Interested about your progressive lens experience.  I've stuck with distance Rx in my sunglasses, but sure would like to move to a progressive for golf (and basically all the time).  I currently have 4 pair of glasses ...

every day progressive

every day progressive sunglasses

golf distance

golf sunglass distance

I'd like to eliminate a couple of those!

drn92

18 hours ago, drn92 said:

Interested about your progressive lens experience.  I've stuck with distance Rx in my sunglasses, but sure would like to move to a progressive for golf (and basically all the time).  I currently have 4 pair of glasses ...

every day progressive

every day progressive sunglasses

golf distance

golf sunglass distance

I'd like to eliminate a couple of those!

drn92

I've worn progressives for about 10 years.  Until last year, or maybe it was 2020, I could play golf without RX glasses.

My optometrist happens to be a sports vision guru, and he said the Oakley progressives were the best for sports...he was exactly right.

My regular glasses, as well as I have a couple of subglasses (MauiJim and Oakley) are Essilor Varilux.

Takes a little bit of adjustment as have 3 vision distances in single lens.  Can move your head or your eyes depending what looking at.  Most important thing is your eye doc measures pupil distance accurately when sending lens specs (so pick your frames, have eye doc measure pupils with frames on to get that measurement correct)

HTH 😀

• Like 1

Paradym 9.5

Apex Pro 21 3 & 4

Jaws 5 54* C-grind

PM Grind 2.0  58*

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 1:46 PM, Is Golf Fun or Work said:

Hate to be that guy, but Prizm Golf/Dark Golf are not available polarized.  And if you mean photochromic when you say “progressive” (I wear them all the time), they aren’t photochromic either. What you described sounds like Prizm Daily Polarized. 

The Oakley site is awkward. If anyone is looking for details on lenses (or anything Oakley eyewear related) try the database on o-review.com.

• Like 2

I was having trouble following the ball in flight, so, after many recommendations, I bought some Oakley Flak Jacket 2.0 XL . They have helped a lot. I got the golf specific light prizm  lens. They even seem to brighten things up on cloudy days.

Edited by caniac6

On 3/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, Bogey Fett said:

Hate to be that guy, but Prizm Golf/Dark Golf are not available polarized.  And if you mean photochromic when you say “progressive” (I wear them all the time), they aren’t photochromic either. What you described sounds like Prizm Daily Polarized. 

The Oakley site is awkward. If anyone is looking for details on lenses (or anything Oakley eyewear related) try the database on o-review.com.

Progressive doesn't mean transition/photochromatic...

Paradym 9.5

Apex Pro 21 3 & 4

Jaws 5 54* C-grind

PM Grind 2.0  58*

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

On 3/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, caniac6 said:

I was having trouble following the ball in flight, so, after many recommendations, I bought some Oakley Flak Jacket 2.0 XL . They have helped a lot. I got the golf specific light prizm  lens. They even seem to brighten things up on cloudy days.

I've  been wearing the light Golf Prizm for several years but on  a real sunny day they really are too bright for me. So when I found the dark Prizm available last year I bought a pair of those.  Rather than hassling changing lenses I just decide on the day which to pack, with the light generally being the default in Vancouver conditions.

• Like 2