Oakley Golf Prizm Sunglasses

I got a pair of the normal golf prizm lenses (not the dark ones) and I love them. They are fantastic IMO. Block enough light to keep the eyes comfortable on really sunny days yet not too dark that you need to take them off when it gets cloudy. Perfect lens honestly.

• Like 1

Cobra King F9 White 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5

Cobra LTDx LS 3 wood 14.5* Tensei White 70X

Cobra SpeedZone Tour 5 wood 19* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70g 6.5

Mizuno MP18 FliHi 3 Iron Tour AD Black 95X

Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Black Satin 50/10, 54/10 @54.5, 60/10 @59 TT Tour Issue Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird 380

On 7/13/2021 at 7:47 AM, ilikegolf26 said:

I have two pairs of Costas and both have the paint peeling off them after less than 3 years owning them. I think I’m done with that brand. I currently wear a non polarized brown lens from Ray Ban in my sunglasses on the golf course and they seem alright although I’ve been having trouble following the ball on tee shots in them than I did in other sunglasses I’ve worn over the years. 

This may be a little late but Costa Del Mar's customer service is outstanding. I sent in a 6 year old pair because the nose pad ripped and they sent me a brand new pair. Can't recommend them highly enough.

2 hours ago, mrh64 said:

This may be a little late but Costa Del Mar's customer service is outstanding. I sent in a 6 year old pair because the nose pad ripped and they sent me a brand new pair. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Yep, I actually got both my pairs replaced by Costa. New pairs are so far so good. 

6 hours ago, mrh64 said:

Oakley glasses and Costa del Mar are both owned by Luxottica. 

My prizm dark golf Rx are on order.  

Edited by LeoLeo99
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been wearing Flak XL's for quite a few years. I've got multiple pairs with various lenses with my latest being the Dark Golf tint. I've been wearing them daily for the last month without any issues even in bright light. I had a pair with the original, lighter tint golf lenses and sold them because they weren't dark enough for my somewhat light sensitive eyes. I've also got a pair with the Field tint that's supposed to be baseball specific, they're a bit darker than the Dark Golf. I have a pretty good sized melon and the XL's fit perfectly.

You can't go wrong with Oakley. I bought a pair of Costa's to wear fishing and they're currently in the box. The glass lens was too heavy for me. It was optically great but I get a headache if I wear them for over an hour or so. I need to sell 'em and buy another pair of Oakleys now that I think about it.

[u][b]WITB[/b][/u]

Callaway XR16 10.5
Callaway XR16 4W
Callaway XR16 7W
Callaway XR OS 4H
Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
Callaway MD3 50S, 54S, 58S
SC Newport 3
Callaway Supersoft

I love my Prizm Dark Golf lenses, and I'm really sad to see that Oakley discontinued the Targetline frame. Loved the fact that it was larger frame in terms of eye coverage but was still very light, and fit well under a ball cap.

Need to start identifying a good replacement. Anyone have a good suggestion? FWIW, I hate the Flak style frames. 

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

29 minutes ago, bazinky said:

I love my Prizm Dark Golf lenses, and I'm really sad to see that Oakley discontinued the Targetline frame. Loved the fact that it was larger frame in terms of eye coverage but was still very light, and fit well under a ball cap.

Need to start identifying a good replacement. Anyone have a good suggestion? FWIW, I hate the Flak style frames. 

I really wish they would expand the Prizm Golf to more frames.

I'm not a big fan of Flak's either, but the Holbrooks look nice to me. Haven't tried them on yet though.

2 hours ago, bazinky said:

Half Jackets 2.0 XL are great,  I hate the flak also due to seeing the frame piece in my peripheral vision

If you are looking for a frame similar to the Targetline, try the Split Shot with the Amber lens.  I bought a pair in my pro shop last year and I really like them on bright, sunny days.  Fits well under a cap, too.

I also have a pair of the Half Jacket 2.0 XL with the Prizm Golf lens that I wear more often when it is cloudier.  Really like having both options.

Has anyone tried the mercenary frames?  
I have some half jackets with prism golf lenses that I’ve used for probably 5 years but the lenses are scratched and i either need new lenses or new glasses. 
the end of the stem/ear piece on the half jacket always gets caught on my hat behind my ears and moves a bit so I’m wondering if there is a frame I would like better 

On 5/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, MAndrews said:

I've been wearing Flak XL's for quite a few years. I've got multiple pairs with various lenses with my latest being the Dark Golf tint. I've been wearing them daily for the last month without any issues even in bright light. I had a pair with the original, lighter tint golf lenses and sold them because they weren't dark enough for my somewhat light sensitive eyes. I've also got a pair with the Field tint that's supposed to be baseball specific, they're a bit darker than the Dark Golf. I have a pretty good sized melon and the XL's fit perfectly.

You can't go wrong with Oakley. I bought a pair of Costa's to wear fishing and they're currently in the box. The glass lens was too heavy for me. It was optically great but I get a headache if I wear them for over an hour or so. I need to sell 'em and buy another pair of Oakleys now that I think about it.

Hey man.  If you're on the water, take a look at Kaenon.  No better lens.  Japanese lens (super light and crazy clear) and Italian frames.  One of the few NOT owned by Luxottica.  They're my daily wear but I switch to Oakley Flak golf when I'm on the course.

Good luck!

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

On 5/11/2022 at 5:40 AM, HackZogan said:

Does anyone know if you can get replacement dark golf lenses for the Holbrook's? I have a pair that have just standard prism grey lenses that are scratched to hell and wouldn't mind trying the dark golf lenses in the frames if I can get them. Oakley's website was no help to me. 

you can customize a new pair with golf, dark golf and even Prizm field! Replacement lenses are hit or miss on Oakley sites but a vault location or outlet that offers the Oakley OCP program will have some potentially. 

the mainlink with Prizm golf is essentially a sport Holbrook and my go-to for casual rounds. 

On 5/12/2022 at 4:05 AM, Unteachable said:

Has anyone tried the mercenary frames?  
I have some half jackets with prism golf lenses that I’ve used for probably 5 years but the lenses are scratched and i either need new lenses or new glasses. 
the end of the stem/ear piece on the half jacket always gets caught on my hat behind my ears and moves a bit so I’m wondering if there is a frame I would like better 

I love the mercenary and it fits a lot like an Extra Large (aviator inspired) Flak 2.0 on my face. The nose pieces are also similar to a Flak. 

how they differ is I find the mercenary to be  wider peripheral (hard to see frames) but a bit harder to fit under the brim of a hat. These with dark golf or prizm tungsten (essentially a dark dark golf) are my go-to if I am wearing a bucket hat though as the temples work perfect. 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:22 AM, bazinky said:

Portal X and Mainlink both replaced the Targetline and improved on some of the issues. In fact the Portal X uses the same nose pads I believe. 

customized mainlinks personally would be my suggestion though as the colors and Prizm lens options (golf, field, etc) are optimal to me. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, goje22 said:

Portal X and Mainlink both replaced the Targetline and improved on some of the issues. In fact the Portal X uses the same nose pads I believe. 

customized mainlinks personally would be my suggestion though as the colors and Prizm lens options (golf, field, etc) are optimal to me. 

How do the portal X and mainlink fit under a ball cap? One of things I like about the targetline was that I didn't nead to wear them on the outside of a cap like those that had thicker ear bars.

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

On 5/12/2022 at 10:27 AM, driverwedge said:

Hey man.  If you're on the water, take a look at Kaenon.  No better lens.  Japanese lens (super light and crazy clear) and Italian frames.  One of the few NOT owned by Luxottica.  They're my daily wear but I switch to Oakley Flak golf when I'm on the course.

Good luck!

I looked at them and there are a couple of guides on Lake Fork that won't wear anything else but I sold the boat last year in a household downsizing so no need for fishing specific now. I have Oakley's with the Deep Water polarized lenses and love them for bright light. In fact they're in the truck and get used daily.

• Like 1

[u][b]WITB[/b][/u]

Callaway XR16 10.5
Callaway XR16 4W
Callaway XR16 7W
Callaway XR OS 4H
Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
Callaway MD3 50S, 54S, 58S
SC Newport 3
Callaway Supersoft

I usually don't spend a lot of money on sunglasses because I view them as something that is likely to be damaged and not last all that long. I did splurge and get a pair of Oakley's with the prizm golf lenses and I do love them. I only use them for golf, they're either on my face or inside my golf bag in the little sleeve + hard case, and because of this, I think they'll last a long time (hoping for 5+ years). Saving some wear and tear on the ole eyeballs will be worth it. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 7:20 PM, drn92 said:

Interested about your progressive lens experience.  I've stuck with distance Rx in my sunglasses, but sure would like to move to a progressive for golf (and basically all the time).  I currently have 4 pair of glasses ...

every day progressive

every day progressive sunglasses

golf distance

golf sunglass distance

I'd like to eliminate a couple of those!

drn92

I play with Wiley X transition and distance sunglasses (so I can see at the clubhouse after the round). Then I switch to my other pair of transition/sunglasses that I have readers on the bottom third.  I have several pair of  Oakleys golf/field and gray but 3 years ago I became old enough to need correction with my vision. I can, But do not like playing with the correction transitions with readers in the bottom. Any suggestions with Oakley. I like all the color contrast I used to get but I need some correction. I understand I can get RX in golf lens but not in golf lens that gets lighter inside (photochromic} ??  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Alpha3 said:

I play with Wiley X transition and distance sunglasses (so I can see at the clubhouse after the round). Then I switch to my other pair of transition/sunglasses that I have readers on the bottom third.  I have several pair of  Oakleys golf/field and gray but 3 years ago I became old enough to need correction with my vision. I can, But do not like playing with the correction transitions with readers in the bottom. Any suggestions with Oakley. I like all the color contrast I used to get but I need some correction. I understand I can get RX in golf lens but not in golf lens that gets lighter inside (photochromic} ??  Any ideas?

Unfortunately, I am asking the same question.  I heard that Oakley has a progressive lens designed just for golf.  But, I do not know what tints are available or if it can also be a transition lens.  I do know that there is a limited number of frames they are available in, which includes the Flak and Half Jackets.  I am reluctant to try them because it could be a very expensive test that doesn't work out.

drn92

I have 6 pairs of prizm's my problem is I like the lens but they scratch way too easy...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 6:36 PM, bazinky said:

How do the portal X and mainlink fit under a ball cap? One of things I like about the targetline was that I didn't nead to wear them on the outside of a cap like those that had thicker ear bars.

Portal X + Targetline fit amazing! Mainlink I’d say a bit less but still doable if you can keep the hat a little looser and slide underneath. 

you can see kisner, Garrick Higgo, Mark Leishman and others wearing Portal X on your weekly with a hat too! Your validation 😉 Talor Gooch wears Targetline however and seems to have no issues. 

Edited by goje22

23 hours ago, crp709 said:

Anyone really prefer the Infield Prizm over the golf specific one? I’ve tried both the light and dark golf specific and prefer the dark. But the infield is intriguing. 

I used the infield Prizm before the dark golf lenses came out. Loved them but they are a touch darker than the dark golf lenses. I like the dark golf better because they are a little lighter which is better for my eyes as well as more weather conditions.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 6:04 PM, crp709 said:

Anyone really prefer the Infield Prizm over the golf specific one? I’ve tried both the light and dark golf specific and prefer the dark. But the infield is intriguing. 

Prizm Baseball Infield is a great lens for very bright days and a notch less dark than normal Prizm field. 

i find that Prizm Field(15%) >Dark Golf(22%) and Golf(30%) scale up/down super well for all days/courses.