Any good smaller/lesser known putter companies?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boy that is a loaded question, for starters.    I have used these and had great success   Piretti (in texas) Goodwood Lajosi Olson Machine Swag Byron

I second Piretti. I've sold my Scotty's, Betti's and Toulon's. I've ordered from their website, and called up Bill (their GM) for an impromptu custom build in person at their spot in Spring, TX. They'

Black Lab Golf, not based here in Texas, but the customer service is great.  

Posted Images

Boy that is a loaded question, for starters. 

I have used these and had great success

Piretti (in texas)

Goodwood

Lajosi

Olson

Machine

Swag

Byron

Never used but heard great things about these

Cody James

Nordberg

Kevin Burns

Lowtide

National Custom works

Hope that helps and doesn't overwhelm you!

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65

Titleist 915fd 15* Smoke 70S

Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana 100X

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 Iron PX 6.5

Titleist 690 MB 5-PW PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 52 & 56 PX 6.5, 61* S400

Piretti GOAT

I second Piretti. I've sold my Scotty's, Betti's and Toulon's. I've ordered from their website, and called up Bill (their GM) for an impromptu custom build in person at their spot in Spring, TX. They're a bit more pricey, but their work is second to one. I have a Matera Elite and a black Cortino Elite as well. I don't see myself with any other putters at this point. They feel amazing, and I putt well with them, win-win. 

Edited by Madhoshi
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, Madhoshi said:

I second Piretti. I've sold my Scotty's, Betti's and Toulon's. I've ordered from their website, and called up Bill (their GM) for an impromptu custom build in person at their spot in Spring, TX. They're a bit more pricey, but their work is second to one. I have a Matera Elite and a black Cortino Elite as well. I don't see myself with any other putters at this point. They feel amazing, and I putt well with them, win-win. 

This^^^^ their GOAT is hands down best putter I have used to date. I have a few that may give it a run waiting on closet but we shall see. It did extremely well for me last year. Bill is a great guy, very responsive to email and calls. Always looking to help you out and get you the best putter

• Like 1

Piretti GOAT

The more mainstream Texas options are Piretti, Edel, and Artisan. All of them offer putter fittings if you're local. 

Another option, though I don't know if he's really taking orders or not, is Dave Billings' Machine Starter company out of McKinney. Plenty of his old Machine putters are out there, but his business suffered from poor customer service. The putters were great, though. 

For options really off the beaten path, there is a company called Pruvn (previously known as Strok) out of Dallas that makes golf accessories but also offers putters. I have bought ball markers from them but haven't seen their putters out in the wild. 

There's also a guy named Cullen Davis in Arlington who owns Custom Craft Golf, and I've seen some putters he has made. They weren't anything special though. 

I'll mention Tyson Lamb, but I don't know what it takes to get a putter from him. 

• Like 1

I’ve been really happy with my Byron’s and my two Compass heads I had done.  My two compass heads are below 

E316FE37-F836-453D-AA97-54EAA773BD70.jpeg

04B083B1-E7FF-4E1B-A331-9B07BFB80BB5.jpeg

• Like 1

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

Could list putter makers for days but for Texas that hasn't been mentioned yet: Kinectiv Putters & Leonetti Handcrafted Putters. 

But for small brands there are a lot. Just depends what you want, what you want to pay and how long you want to wait. Everyone is backed up now, it's crazy but good for them.  

• Like 1

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

Man, there has to be 20 good small companies out there.

Plenty of threads on WRX

My favorite is Mack Made

• Like 2

Taylormade Sim 9° - Smoke Green 70x

Adams DHy Pro 18° -  Smoke Black 80x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X
TM HiToe 52°/56°/62° 
Odyssey Protype 3 w/Stroke Lab
2016 RZN Platinum (15 dozen in the garage)

Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Maybe someone can help, I played last week with a guy that had a custom blacked out putter from a company based in/near Chicago.  He commented on my sub70's and how some good small guys out of that area.  Anyone know what putter company around there?  More info would be he buys and flip (sometimes) their putter covers for some big $$$ as people collect them.  

• Like 1

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Aldila 110 Rogue Silver Stiff 
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34"
Bridgestone Tour BX

58 minutes ago, bbfifas said:

Maybe someone can help, I played last week with a guy that had a custom blacked out putter from a company based in/near Chicago.  He commented on my sub70's and how some good small guys out of that area.  Anyone know what putter company around there?  More info would be he buys and flip (sometimes) their putter covers for some big $$$ as people collect them.  

Swag and Bettinardi are in the Chicago area, there is also a newer brand called Krew Golf in Chicago as well. I may be missing one but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

Lefty WITB

2 minutes ago, jmo15 said:

Wow I had no idea there were so many. After looking these up most of them seem to be out of my price range but I had fun looking at them! haha. I hit some milled putters at PGA superstore the other day and really liked the feel/sound of them, so was just curious to look at more. Thanks everyone.

What's your price range? A lot can often be scooped up used second hand for a good price. 

Lefty WITB

18 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Swag and Bettinardi are in the Chicago area, there is also a newer brand called Krew Golf in Chicago as well. I may be missing one but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. 

Thanks.  Got to be Swag.  They have tons of headcovers, even an archive, and all sold out.  Lot of their putters limited release too.  Very nice looking.  

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Aldila 110 Rogue Silver Stiff 
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34"
Bridgestone Tour BX

16 hours ago, DFW Snowman said:

The more mainstream Texas options are Piretti, Edel, and Artisan. All of them offer putter fittings if you're local. 

Another option, though I don't know if he's really taking orders or not, is Dave Billings' Machine Starter company out of McKinney. Plenty of his old Machine putters are out there, but his business suffered from poor customer service. The putters were great, though. 

For options really off the beaten path, there is a company called Pruvn (previously known as Strok) out of Dallas that makes golf accessories but also offers putters. I have bought ball markers from them but haven't seen their putters out in the wild. 

There's also a guy named Cullen Davis in Arlington who owns Custom Craft Golf, and I've seen some putters he has made. They weren't anything special though. 

I'll mention Tyson Lamb, but I don't know what it takes to get a putter from him. 

I've seen Piretti's on here before but never took them for a Texas company. Tyson Lamb is what I was thinking of when I asked this question. Love their designs.

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

What's your price range? A lot can often be scooped up used second hand for a good price. 

I was thinking like $200-$300. Or whatever I can get for my current putter plus $50 haha. Not sure if I can say what it is on here. I am new to GolfWRX and already got a warning for saying I was looking for a putter in the WTB section and saying I would trade my current putter if needed. And yes I will have to do some research on ebay.

Just now, jmo15 said:

I was thinking like $200-$300. Or whatever I can get for my current putter plus $50 haha. Not sure if I can say what it is on here. I am new to GolfWRX and already got a warning for saying I was looking for a putter in the WTB section and saying I would trade my current putter if needed. And yes I will have to do some research on ebay.

You can definitely find a nice used putter for that price. Just start searching eBay or here on the WTB. Narrow it down to some brands you might like or just keep an open mind for what you want. 

• Like 1

Lefty WITB

On 4/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, jmo15 said:

Something like this is getting close and in great shape too

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIRETTI-COTTONWOOD-II-PUTTER-34-365G/124671757574?hash=item1d07040d06:g:mbkAAOSwwpBgbkiQ

Edited by luke1333

Piretti GOAT

Message Zack from Low Tide. He may have a demo head in your price range available. Best feeling putters I’ve ever rolled. 
Also used to be able to find custom Carbon’s straight from their shop on ebay in that price range. 

Edited by Chadwickog

Callaway Rogue SubZero 9* 

TEE CBX 119 4wd 16.5*

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 3h 19*

Wilson Staff C300 Forged 4i

Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 5-GW

Scratch 56* DS

Toulon Atlanta