Has anyone else had issues with PXG build quality?

I ordered some 0211s recently and they’ve arrived 1/4” short of spec.

PXG are refusing to acknowledge an issue even through I’ve sent them pics and got the error / lengths validated by a couple of local shops. 

They are being really terrible when it comes to customer service and customer first. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking closer at the pics you provided, your ruler isn’t measuring from the sole of the club where it contacts the ground, but up the hosel a bit.  Red line is where the measurement should start from

It's very likely that PXG measure their clubs differently and they are actually on spec. Taylormade is always a 1/4 short based on how they measure as well, while Srixon is a 1/4 over. It sucks, but y

PXG does suck. They started out with this air of exclusivity for wealthy Bros who didn’t know anything about golf and wanted to impress their friends. Now their ad campaigns have morphed into stupidit

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Supersized said:

Has anyone else had issues with PXG build quality?

I ordered some 0211s recently and they’ve arrived 1/4” short of spec.

PXG are refusing to acknowledge an issue even through I’ve sent them pics and got the error / lengths validated by a couple of local shops. 

They are being really terrible when it comes to customer service and customer first. 

No issues on my end and I've bought plenty of items from them. If you're within 30 days, you can return them. If not, try to talk to someone else in the company. Did a local fitter help you or did purchase through the website? They're also pretty responsive to comments in their socials. Its another avenue to pursue if you want. 

That’s good to know and more aligned to what I was expecting from PXG. I ordered these direct on a whim but I don’t think I’ll be a PXG customer again after their response. It’s a shame really because I still haven’t ever hit a ball with a PXG club and they’ve lost a customer by just being rubbish. They are so adamant they their build process couldn’t possibly be wrong that they really treat their customers like fools. Anyway, I’ll try their social and I’ll continue the convo with their support team (thanks for the steer). 

As it stands I have to pay to return the clubs and have them checked. It’s really taken the shine off an unboxing experience! 

I’ll post my email convos with them once resolved so folks can see what they could be up against. 

4 minutes ago, tomg1969 said:

It's very likely that PXG measure their clubs differently and they are actually on spec. Taylormade is always a 1/4 short based on how they measure as well, while Srixon is a 1/4 over. It sucks, but your best option is probably to return them if the length is unacceptable.

Yep, different OEMs have different specs 

• Like 2

I agree with the two posts above. All the OEMs measure differently, so the local shops may be measuring differently as well. All of my dealings with PXG have been top notch and that seems to be pretty common around here. You may have just got one of the sour employees. I’d try reaching out via phone as well. 

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 6x

TSi3 13.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi3 19* / Ventus Black 10tx

U500 20* / MMT UT 125tx

T100•s 5-P / Dynamic Gold X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / Dynamic TI X100

Special Select Squareback 2 / Stability

-Pro V1x

WITB Thread

42 minutes ago, tomg1969 said:

It's very likely that PXG measure their clubs differently and they are actually on spec. Taylormade is always a 1/4 short based on how they measure as well, while Srixon is a 1/4 over. It sucks, but your best option is probably to return them if the length is unacceptable.

100% This. 

I had a set of the original 0211’s and thought the same as the OP.

PXG and a local fitter explained this to me.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Titleist TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Titleist TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Callaway Rogue X 5-AW Synergy R

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F & 58M

Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

Titleist Hybrid 5 or Sun Mountain 2.5+

That’s the way PXG measures them. Have you hit the clubs yet? I’ll bet they play great. I’ve got the same set, and they’re incredibly good... calm down and give them a chance.

(not sure why you went with distance irons if you’re getting them bent 2* weak before you ever hit them, but that’s a question for another day.)

Edited by john myrbch
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

That’s the way PXG measures them. Have you hit the clubs yet? I’ll bet they play great. I’ve got the same set, and they’re incredibly good... calm down and give them a chance.

(not sure why you went with distance irons if you’re getting them bent 2* weak before you ever hit them, but that’s a question for another day.)

Playing them weak reduces the offset and increases the bounce. I play my T100S 2* weak for those two reasons. 

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 6x

TSi3 13.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi3 19* / Ventus Black 10tx

U500 20* / MMT UT 125tx

T100•s 5-P / Dynamic Gold X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / Dynamic TI X100

Special Select Squareback 2 / Stability

-Pro V1x

WITB Thread

6 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

Playing them weak reduces the offset and increases the bounce. I play my T100S 2* weak for those two reasons. 

I get that, and I’ll bet you were fit for your T100’s before you had it done. Whereas the 0211’s are DTC. All you get is a phone fitting.

The 0211’s aren’t a players type club like the T100’s IMO. They’re a pure distance iron. Yet the offset on them isn’t really that much, and they have plenty of bounce.

The 0211’s are designed to have strong lofts, and longer shafts. When I’m buying a set something like that matters to me. I really don’t see the sense in buying a set and changing the basic design without a proper fitting. Before I did that, I’d look to buy a different set.

Yeah. I’d not argue with you on that at all. I brought these on a whim whilst recovering from wrist surgery so a fitting wasn’t really an option. I don’t plan on playing these for too long and will

likely get back to a classic forged, fitted set towards the end of the year / with new products when they arrive. That’s assuming I’m not a super fan of these but who knows 🙂 

14 minutes ago, Supersized said:

I was 50/50 on the adjustments but they are still very strong compared with my old gamers. I really did it to reduce the offset as mentioned above and get to a set that was balanced vs all out distance. We’ll see if that actually works out 🙂

See my reply to @MPAndreassi just above your post.

Again, give them a chance, you’ll love them! 
Also, if you ever decide you want to tweak the lofts PXGs are like pings, it’s very easily done. Just make sure not to go any weaker. They recommend not bending more than 2* in one direction.

Edited by john myrbch

3 hours ago, tomg1969 said:

I would not say TM is always short 1/4", that is something recent (2019), they used to measure without grips, now they measure with the grip. Mizuno did the opposite, they used to measure with the grips, now they measure with the grips. A "stock" 37" 7i from both can be almost 1/2" difference once you factor in that and tolerances. 

Its so inconsistent from OEM to OEM, I now order every new iron set uncut with grips in the box and then butt cut at home.

Edited by Krt22
4 hours ago, john myrbch said:

100% This. 

I had a set of the original 0211’s and thought the same as the OP.

PXG and a local fitter explained this to me.

Kinda like my running partner Bear did. He can be impatient at times. When He wanted PXG who ever the local fitter is on the Strand could not schedule him when he wanted ( as in ASAP) so he went to Fayetteville NC to be fit. I know when he was discussing with me he mentioned getting them ordered with the butts untrimmed and me fitting and trimming. No way I told him was I going to be involved. Main reason was all clubs have different characteristics and I had at the time never seen a set of PXG in the flesh much less worked with them. Besides I did not want anything to do with them because if I did all of that and he could not hit them then I was to blame. He ended up doing the fitting and build with whomever the builder is in Fayetteville. Of course he being the club ho he is those things are gathering dust in his living room. I figure in due time they will be in my shop and maybe in one of my bags.

• Haha 2

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock Regular shaft

3W Callaway Steel Head UST 65 Pro Force Gold Stiff

2I-- 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R steel shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Mac Vip Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW Cleveland 588 56* S- 400 Sensicore

Putter Old Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft

Bag Old Ping Hoofer I had in my stash

20 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

Looking closer at the pics you provided, your ruler isn’t measuring from the sole of the club where it contacts the ground, but up the hosel a bit.  Red line is where the measurement should start from but your ruler (black line) looks to be roughly a half inch above that.  Taking that into account and also not including the grip cap (which usually is not included in the finished length), these irons are built exactly to the spec/build sheet you provided.

29B64779-323E-43B3-8FD3-951C537E9874.jpeg.69e7f314a44675ab1e38950b062f35c1.jpeg

That is at LEAST a 1/4"... nice pick up. Tragedy solved. 

5 hours ago, Poser said:

my first set I had a bunch of issues they shimmed them wrong or soemething on the gen1.  I had 3 different heads fly off and when I went to fix them the shafts were all bent at the tip. 

Meh... don’t believe this, unless you bought them used and the prior owner screwed up a reshaft attempt.

Sorry, but not sorry, can’t imagine that happening with a set sold directly from PXG.

Edited by john myrbch
  • Like 1