PXG sucks

Supersized

2 hours ago, DIGOLFA said:

PXG does suck…period

no one build clubs the way we do…thank god BC they suck

never has so many said so much that meant so little…see above

Bank returned my money and PXG doesn’t want clubs returned….BC they suck and incompetent…last laugh

wow..made $1000 and built my own custom JPX 919…….that fit and feel great….Thank god I can use a ruler!!

If one of u “contributors” want them then fine but no complaining on fitting especially length b/c there’s no one way to accurately measure so live w it🥴🤔😮😳🤣

to all those who cannot figure out how or why to measure…good luck America b/c as u see…u going to need it….warped and weird….Lol

This has to be made up, but if it is true well played using your ignorance to score free clubs.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

This has to be made up, but if it is true well played using your ignorance to score free clubs.

He apparently came out of his shell after being a member here for 10 years and only posting 30 times.  I guess it's safe to say he's not a PXG fan and will probably troll PXG posts throughout eternity. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

If anything, I feel like the PXG's are longer than TaylorMade.  I have "standard" length PXG 0311 T's and TaylorMade P7MB's.  When comparing 6 irons, the PXG's are a hair longer and that lines up with specs posted online.  If you have access to a PXG fitting location, I'd recommend bringing your set in and comparing to see if they are or aren't on their own spec.

Driver:  Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond S 8.1* - Ventus Black 6x

3W:  Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 14.1* - Kai'li Blue 70TX

5W:  TaylorMade SIM2 19* - Ventus Blue 7X

Irons (4-PW):  Callaway Apex TCB Raw - Oban CT-125 X-

Wedges:  Vokey 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.04A - Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X7 - BGT Stability Black

On 4/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, Supersized said:

Has anyone else had issues with PXG build quality?

I ordered some 0211s recently and they’ve arrived 1/4” short of spec.

PXG are refusing to acknowledge an issue even through I’ve sent them pics and got the error / lengths validated by a couple of local shops. 

They are being really terrible when it comes to customer service and customer first. 

I thought the new 0211’s are standard +0.25? I’ve always had nothing but spectacular customer service from PXG. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't the lesson here be to ASK the OEM how they measure their clubs before ordering?  If an older iron is built to play 37" and you order your new set to play at 37" in the same club then throughout the set, wouldn't you expect it to be the same length as your previous irons?  I mean, who would really accept the "well, we just measure it different" answer??  LOL  You shouldn't.  Even if it is true, I can understand why someone would be unhappy with a "different way to measure".  That, in effect, DOES make it a different playing length.  So, either the manufacturer should be MORE specific about how and where they measure to, OR we as customers should ask, if there will just never be an industry standard. 

Just for the record, I have yet to see a wood come in at a different length than stated on the OEM spec sheet..  45.5" drivers have been just that, 43"  3 woods... the same.  But we can't get irons right?  I'm sorry, I'm not a PXG hater but I don't know if I buy the "we just measure differently" motto.  I can accept that some manufacturers build to different lengths, like stated, Srixon being a 1/4" longer than others, and Mizuno being 1/4" shorter...  they should all be measured the same way to know this, or where are they measuring from that creates a different measurement???  Playing length means from the sole of the soled club to the ground to the butt end of the shaft.  Maybe there's an 1/8th for grip here or there, but 1/4 or more is just a bad measurement IMO.

Again, might be best to actually speak with someone before ordering.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I've just reshafted 19 new irons from PXG and every club measured exactly correct as stated in the specs!

In fact they measured just the same as clubs from a pro builder that I have used.

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I'm also going thru the specs issue with the PXG rep at the moment. I have golfsmith bending machine and the club length gauge. I ordered 0211 DC 4 and 5 irons with 2 degrees weak, 1 degree flat and 1/2 inch short. But both clubs are close to the stock specs and way off from my order specs. I was told that I have to pay for the shipping and labor charges, if they find the measurements to be according to the specs. My rep claimed that they have the highest quality testing standards, so I asked for their proof of their QA testing my clubs. All I got back was a copy of my original order specs sheet which I already have. I think this tells me that they don't have a proper process to track the work done on each club.

It's so silly that the customers are left in the dark with their money. If PXG can't acknowledge their errors, they should at least instruct their reps to provide the proper way to measure and identify the issues, before the customers return their clubs and cross the fingers. I don't care if PXG has different standards when measuring clubs. If I can't verify the specs using my tools, I'm not buying clubs from PXG. I've ordered custom clubs from other brands before, and my tools were accurate to measure the specs I ordered.

My PXG club measurements:

5 iron: 20 degree loft, 61 lie, 38 4.5/8 inches

4 iron: 18.3 degree loft, 60 lie, 39 1/8 inches

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, pjeon said:

I'm also going thru the specs issue with the PXG rep at the moment. I have golfsmith bending machine and the club length gauge. I ordered 0211 DC 4 and 5 irons with 2 degrees weak, 1 degree flat and 1/2 inch short. But both clubs are close to the stock specs and way off from my order specs. I was told that I have to pay for the shipping and labor charges, if they find the measurements to be according to the specs. My rep claimed that they have the highest quality testing standards, so I asked for their proof of their QA testing my clubs. All I got back was a copy of my original order specs sheet which I already have. I think this tells me that they don't have a proper process to track the work done on each club.

It's so silly that the customers are left in the dark with their money. If PXG can't acknowledge their errors, they should at least instruct their reps to provide the proper way to measure and identify the issues, before the customers return their clubs and cross the fingers. I don't care if PXG has different standards when measuring clubs. If I can't verify the specs using my tools, I'm not buying clubs from PXG. I've ordered custom clubs from other brands before, and my tools were accurate to measure the specs I ordered.

My PXG club measurements:

5 iron: 20 degree loft, 61 lie, 38 4.5/8 inches

4 iron: 18.3 degree loft, 60 lie, 39 1/8 inches

Looks to be very close to their specs.  For example, std length for PXG 4i is 39 3/8" and yours is 39 1/8".  So 'possibly' too long by a 1/4", but maybe they measure the length to end of shaft and not end of grip cap?  There's 1/8" to 1/4" tolerance right there for sure.  Also, bending a club flat does add length, not much, but just another bit of tolerance to consider.

Basically, when 2 different tools (not to mention 2 possibly different methods) are used to measure something, and those tools aren't calibrated and traceable to a national standard, then to expect dead on measurements between those 2 different tools on the same item demonstrates a lack of knowledge about metrology.

Screenshot_20210921-153411_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

15 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Wouldn't the lesson here be to ASK the OEM how they measure their clubs before ordering?  If an older iron is built to play 37" and you order your new set to play at 37" in the same club then throughout the set, wouldn't you expect it to be the same length as your previous irons?  I mean, who would really accept the "well, we just measure it different" answer??  LOL  You shouldn't.

Again, might be best to actually speak with someone before ordering.

To the first part quoted above, I absolutely wouldn't expect it to play the exact same length under the scenario provided.

If these small tolerances/differences would bother you, then I completely agree with your second part in above quote.  Do a lot of research AND speak with the company.  Then again, if you're that sensitive to these minor differences, you're probably on tour and have access to your company's tour van.

Edited by brew4eagle
  • Haha 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

To the first part quoted above, I absolutely wouldn't expect it to play the exact same length under the scenario provided.

If these small tolerances/differences would bother you, then I completely agree with your second part in above quote.  Do a lot of research AND speak with the company.  Then again, if you're that sensitive to these minor differences, you're probably on tour and have access to your company's tour van.

FWIW, yes, I can notice a difference in a 1/4", and yes, I can feel the difference between in SW.  IDK, maybe it's just me but what it comes down to is, I expect to get what I pay for.  And if I pay for a 37" 7 iron because that is what length I currently play, then yes, I will notice the 1/4"... it's no different than anyone noticing here that Srixon does play "longer".  If it wasn't a big deal, nobody would notice it, but I don't believe that.  Maybe people just learn to deal with it, hit them fat for a few months, then adjust to the new club length.  Personally, if I am not building my own, I would want to get my order to the specs that fit me, otherwise, there's no point in a fitting now either.  I can tell when a club is too upright or too flat for me...  I don't think it is just me though.  So yes, if people are bothered by these minor changes then an in depth convo with the OEM should be a priority.  If you can't tell the differences, then I guess that's better for you in almost every way, but I don't believe it gives you the best chance to score on the course.  All the small details are more important than we give them credit for IMO.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

48 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

FWIW, yes, I can notice a difference in a 1/4", and yes, I can feel the difference between in SW.  IDK, maybe it's just me but what it comes down to is, I expect to get what I pay for.  And if I pay for a 37" 7 iron because that is what length I currently play, then yes, I will notice the 1/4"... it's no different than anyone noticing here that Srixon does play "longer".  If it wasn't a big deal, nobody would notice it, but I don't believe that.  Maybe people just learn to deal with it, hit them fat for a few months, then adjust to the new club length.  Personally, if I am not building my own, I would want to get my order to the specs that fit me, otherwise, there's no point in a fitting now either.  I can tell when a club is too upright or too flat for me...  I don't think it is just me though.  So yes, if people are bothered by these minor changes then an in depth convo with the OEM should be a priority.  If you can't tell the differences, then I guess that's better for you in almost every way, but I don't believe it gives you the best chance to score on the course.  All the small details are more important than we give them credit for IMO.

I agree that something like 1/4" is noticeable when comparing 2 clubs, my point is that it won't impact results (for me at least).  In other words, if my specs for a 5 iron are 38", 61.5* lie and I order those specs, but receive 37 7/8" and 62* (for whatever reason), it isn't going to be a big deal.  Give me a few swings, and if there was some adjustment to be made, I'll make it.  Maybe I'm just a 'feel' player or something, but I just can't wrap my head around being so obsessed with tiny tolerances.

Sure, if one or more specs gets a good deal off then impact/ball flight can be affected, but I think we're talking about 'tolerances' here and what amounts to amateur club builders/tinkerers using non-calibrated tools in their garage and thinking a professional company with robust QA/QC systems have screwed them because they're off by 0.5%.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

33 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I agree that something like 1/4" is noticeable when comparing 2 clubs, my point is that it won't impact results (for me at least).  In other words, if my specs for a 5 iron are 38", 61.5* lie and I order those specs, but receive 37 7/8" and 62* (for whatever reason), it isn't going to be a big deal.  Give me a few swings, and if there was some adjustment to be made, I'll make it.  Maybe I'm just a 'feel' player or something, but I just can't wrap my head around being so obsessed with tiny tolerances.

Sure, if one or more specs gets a good deal off then impact/ball flight can be affected, but I think we're talking about 'tolerances' here and what amounts to amateur club builders/tinkerers using non-calibrated tools in their garage and thinking a professional company with robust QA/QC systems have screwed them because they're off by 0.5%.

I agree, I think most people can and will adjust.  .5 degree of lie angle, no, not noticeable.  1/8" off length, no, not a big deal, but we are talking about more than that on a new build.  Whether we can adjust or not is irrelevant when ordering new irons to certain specs.  We already know even OEM builds come out of the factory off, sometimes WAY off so it isn't out of the ordinary for them to make mistakes and when we are paying for a certain spec that they say they can do, well, I would expect them to do just that.  I do not believe we should just shrug it off as, "oh well, they were close".   Some will, but I do not believe that someone who is unwilling to accept it IS the problem.  Some people in this game are particular about their gear, and that's ok by me.  Getting a used set out of spec, way more understandable but those OEM with the "best" equipment and higher than average QC, well, no reason for it to be anything other than what the customer orders....  PXG doesnt suck, that's not the point but understandable for a customer to be upset with specs being wrong.  I have no issue with it.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

14 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

I agree, I think most people can and will adjust.  .5 degree of lie angle, no, not noticeable.  1/8" off length, no, not a big deal, but we are talking about more than that on a new build.  Whether we can adjust or not is irrelevant when ordering new irons to certain specs.  We already know even OEM builds come out of the factory off, sometimes WAY off so it isn't out of the ordinary for them to make mistakes and when we are paying for a certain spec that they say they can do, well, I would expect them to do just that.  I do not believe we should just shrug it off as, "oh well, they were close".   Some will, but I do not believe that someone who is unwilling to accept it IS the problem.  Some people in this game are particular about their gear, and that's ok by me.  Getting a used set out of spec, way more understandable but those OEM with the "best" equipment and higher than average QC, well, no reason for it to be anything other than what the customer orders....  PXG doesnt suck, that's not the point but understandable for a customer to be upset with specs being wrong.  I have no issue with it.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of that.  Where we may be talking past each other though is with regards to the company builds actually being off spec.  When someone on here post pics and/or makes comments that clearly demonstrates their ignorance of the concept of measurements, then I'm not ready to agree that the builds in question are actually off spec.  See OP as exhibit 1.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

On 4/9/2021 at 10:59 PM, tomg1969 said:

It's very likely that PXG measure their clubs differently and they are actually on spec. Taylormade is always a 1/4 short based on how they measure as well, while Srixon is a 1/4 over. It sucks, but your best option is probably to return them if the length is unacceptable.

exactly.  Just search any thread about club lengths and you’ll quickly realize 1/4 inch is within the method error of each manufacturer.  They likely aren’t wrong.  They aren’t coming out of the factory wrong, they are likely coming out as pxg intends.  

this has been a know discrepancy for a long time.  Taylormade for example is never the same as callaway even when they state the same length.

Edited by clinkinfo

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, Supersized said:

Has anyone else had issues with PXG build quality?

I ordered some 0211s recently and they’ve arrived 1/4” short of spec.

PXG are refusing to acknowledge an issue even through I’ve sent them pics and got the error / lengths validated by a couple of local shops. 

They are being really terrible when it comes to customer service and customer first. 

My putter arrived with the plumbers neck installed backwards. Definitely not the quality control of a real premium brand like Scotty Cameron.58809F6D-91BD-48DB-86A5-CD1C03D4F9CA.jpeg.424b299cef7f6428dff1ee32533b2683.jpeg

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, JB113 said:

My putter arrived with the plumbers neck installed backwards. Definitely not the quality control of a real premium brand like Scotty Cameron.58809F6D-91BD-48DB-86A5-CD1C03D4F9CA.jpeg.424b299cef7f6428dff1ee32533b2683.jpeg

That’s the new PXG forward press hosel. PXG’s new motto-we will get it to you faster than everyone else, but it may be built by a blind man. 

On 10/15/2021 at 9:37 PM, JB113 said:

Did you try it out 🤣?   How’s the roll?

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2021 at 6:02 AM, Guy In Lyon said:

Assuming a 9 iron length of 37 inches that's an error of 0.67 percent.

Does it really matter that  much?

This seems to be custom order - length and loft. Example PXG Gen3 (T vs P vs Distance) compare it with Mizuno 921 (Hot Metal vs Forged vs Tour) all have different loft and length within same Model.  I am questioning what was actually ordered.  maybe on customer side where he assumed a certain length and ordered 1/2" longer. I dont know the details, but im sure PXG (9i at 37") would addressed right away.

On 10/15/2021 at 6:37 PM, JB113 said:

There is no way this is real 😂 😂

I am dying laughing in my computer chair right now

EDIT: I'm still laughing this is the funniest sh*t i've ever seen

Edited by rooski
  • Haha 2

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

• 5 months later...

In my opinion, nobody has worst customer service ….nobody.  Bought two of their drivers.  One for my wife and one for me.  My wife liked hers, I hated mine.  They refused to take mine back or substitute another club.  There response was that their drivers are different and take more getting used to.  I even paid for a fitting at one of their centers and even on their monitors it was clear that the spin for me was ridiculously high and there driver did not go as far as my 3 wood, let alone my old ping driver.  So the driver sits in the corner until a bigger fool buys it from me.  I do not intend to ever buy anything from PXG again.  Not a hat a towel ….nothing.

2 hours ago, Cet210 said:

In my opinion, nobody has worst customer service ….nobody.  Bought two of their drivers.  One for my wife and one for me.  My wife liked hers, I hated mine.  They refused to take mine back or substitute another club.  There response was that their drivers are different and take more getting used to.  I even paid for a fitting at one of their centers and even on their monitors it was clear that the spin for me was ridiculously high and there driver did not go as far as my 3 wood, let alone my old ping driver.  So the driver sits in the corner until a bigger fool buys it from me.  I do not intend to ever buy anything from PXG again.  Not a hat a towel ….nothing.

PXG does have a return policy.

Were you not made aware of that upon purchase?

RETURN POLICY

All PXG equipment has a 30-day money-back guarantee less shipping and a 15% restocking fee. For assistance with returning equipment, please contact a Player Support Representative at our toll-free number 1.844.PLAY.PXG .

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope