2021 US Women's Open, June 3-6

18majors

I

3 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

loudmouth for sure --- 10000000%  

saso isn't from a rich family... her mother is from bulacan, her father is japanese... i know where they train / live in manila -- heck she trains in basketball courts (not for golf - for working out drills)

as for sponsors, ICTSI is definitely one of the biggest sponsors of Philippine Women's Golf... they sponsor another Ecuadorian player (I forget - i think darquea) since ICTSI is global ☺︎....  Japan airlines is a sponsor for Yuka (Philippine Airlines has shallower pockets -- but sponsors Philippine Jungolfers - incl Bianca ☺︎

You are correct, except for Darquea it appears as Contecon Guayaquil. 

I wonder how Filipino society will react to Yuka? Filipino society as a whole tends to be colorist and favors public figures and celebrities with western/ foreign featured/heritage. Yuka is Asian through and through though the fact her father is japanese probably helps.

1 minute ago, Argonne69 said:

Nasa is a little snake bit. 2nd playoff loss at a major. She lost to Sung Hyun at the 2018 KPMG. I believe she's also lost two non-major playoffs. 

I was going to mention the same thing. Two losses last year right? Inbee/Gabby and another to a Euro who's name is on the tip of my tongue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tasals said:

Its straight up embarrassing how many times Lexi came up short with a short iron or wedge in hand. How do you continually come up 15+ yards short when the middle of the green gives you such an easy win? I could barely watch the golf, her decision making was so bad. aim for the middle of a green. If you make a putt so be it, if not youre forcing the other players to go low.

Also how can the commentators claim she has a short game skill set no one else has and is so great. Her short game was abysmal. How do you lose with a 5 shot lead on the back 9.

Her short game has always been terrible.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

2 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

It'll be interesting to see. Not quite the same circumstances, but Hinako didn't take membership after winning the WBO. 

Yup, Yuka knows English, familiar with American culture etc... those are immediate differences... What's clear is that it's her father who's running the show right now - and he's Japanese ☺︎

4 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Nasa is a little snake bit. 2nd playoff loss at a major. She lost to Sung Hyun at the 2018 KPMG. I believe she's also lost two non-major playoffs. 

I am curious about her second shot to the 71st hole. From a good lie in the fairway, 173 yards to the hole, and her ball comes up about 15 yards short.

I believe that particular shot cost her the win and I am not sure if she mishit the ball or it was the wrong club selection.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

3 minutes ago, AWinfortheAges said:

I was going to mention the same thing. Two losses last year right? Inbee/Gabby and another to a Euro who's name is on the tip of my tongue. 

I believe she finished one shot behind Madeline at Gainbridge. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Just now, Tasals said:

Its straight up embarrassing how many times Lexi came up short with a short iron or wedge in hand. How do you continually come up 15+ yards short when the middle of the green gives you such an easy win? I could barely watch the golf, her decision making was so bad. aim for the middle of a green. If you make a putt so be it, if not youre forcing the other players to go low.

Also how can the commentators claim she has a short game skill set no one else has and is so great. Her short game was abysmal. How do you lose with a 5 shot lead on the back 9.

American commentators FAWNING over an American pro.

If anyone else notices...Lexi many times comes up short on her 2nd shot to a par 5 she can easily reach in 2...hit MORE club....rarely see her pin high or at the back of the green.

Lexi needs to own up to game and club selection more...she relies too much on her loop...I don't believe she carries a yardage book.

Benji was her best loop....but I think he left for the PGA tour.

Curtis is also good on her bag...but he has his own career to chase after.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

I am curious about her second shot to the 71st hole. From a good lie in the fairway, 173 yards to the hole, and her ball comes up about 15 yards short.

I believe that particular shot cost her the win and I am not sure if she mishit the ball or it was the wrong club selection.

Being in the rough on 17 probably cost her the win. Worst teeshot she hit all week. The lie was so bad she only got 50 or so yards on her 2nd. 

• Like 2

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

9 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

I

You are correct, except for Darquea it appears as Contecon Guayaquil. 

I wonder how Filipino society will react to Yuka? Filipino society as a whole tends to be colorist and favors public figures and celebrities with western/ foreign featured/heritage. Yuka is Asian through and through though the fact her father is japanese probably helps.

if it's not darquea it's another lpga golfer that's sponsored by ICTSI... i forgot her name - she played on the same flight with Bianca last year in an LPGA tournament... ugh, i forget who she is-- lemme look it up

we love Yuka -- she carries the flag... she's carried the RP colors in Asian games and let it to team gold and individual gold in golf (Bianca had Bronze then)... golf is the only shining spot these days other than boxing LOL...

EDIT i just checked IT IS DARQUEA -- LOOK AT HER VISOR  LOGO and compare to yuka/bianca ☺︎

https://www.google.com/search?q=daniela+darquea+ictsi&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=7FhuDtHOfA0ulM%2CLjFoLlVRd5Fl3M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQzma3zzAY3vTNzuPJzXvKuW-z7tw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjMmYmxr4TxAhVFIqwKHWfHD4gQ9QF6BAgOEAE#imgrc=7FhuDtHOfA0ulM

Edited by HMHS

1 minute ago, Supermilo said:

if it's not darquea it's another lpga golfer that's sponsored by ICTSI... i forgot her name - she played on the same flight with Bianca last year in an LPGA tournament... ugh, i forget who she is-- lemme look it up

we love Yuka -- she carries the flag... she's carried the RP colors in Asian games and let it to team gold and individual gold in golf (Bianca had Bronze then)... golf is the only shining spot these days other than boxing LOL...

Dottie?   And yes...Pinoy Golf sites are going nuts right now.  Some are calling (lightheartedly) for a national holiday in honour of Yuka!   Some are commenting that Pacman needs to move over for another national sports hero!  🙂 

Just now, Golf Dino said:

Dottie?   And yes...Pinoy Golf sites are going nuts right now.  Some are calling (lightheartedly) for a national holiday in honour of Yuka!   Some are commenting that Pacman needs to move over for another national sports hero!  🙂 

and he should move over... (he's old haha)

no it was daniela - i edited my comment to fred... same logo, i don't speak spanish... ICTSI - intl container services 

20 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

Wrong club.  She hit it clean.  SHe even said she was "staring it down" as if was going to be close to the hole.

I watched the one on 18 again, a couple times close.  She hit that one good too.  So it was bad club selection on two consecutive holes to close the tournament.  Rough timing

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Yup, Yuka knows English, familiar with American culture etc... those are immediate differences... What's clear is that it's her father who's running the show right now - and he's Japanese ☺︎

I would not be surprised to see Yuka head off the States, but I would be a little surprised to see Hinako Shibuno go. A little, not a lot.

Yuka's already got the language skills, the experience of living in different countries (I think she was born in the Philippines, spent some years in Japan in elementary and Junior high school, before returning to the Philippines).

We've seen a few Japanese players struggle when they go to the States (Ueda Momoko, Arimura Chie spring to mind), and I don't just mean on the golf course. Yuka already has an advantage there.

Plus, the father may be Japanese, but he's obviously spent many years outside Japan in the Philippines; maybe he's already thinking on a global scale about her future?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Being in the rough on 17 probably cost her the win. Worst teeshot she hit all week. The lie was so bad she only got 50 or so yards on her 2nd. 

As bad as that lie was,....it was the awful judgement of distance on the approach shots on both 17 and 18 that ultimately cost her at least a chance in the playoff.  She hit both of those shots solid, so they were the wrong club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I would not be surprised to see Yuka head off the States, but I would be a little surprised to see Hinako Shibuno go. A little, not a lot.

Yuka's already got the language skills, the experience of living in different countries (I think she was born in the Philippines, spent some years in Japan in elementary and Junior high school, before returning to the Philippines).

We've seen a few Japanese players struggle when they go to the States (Ueda Momoko, Arimura Chie spring to mind), and I don't just mean on the golf course. Yuka already has an advantage there.

Plus, the father may be Japanese, but he's obviously spent many years outside Japan in the Philippines; maybe he's already thinking on a global scale about her future?

Nasa struggled during her rookie year before heading home and playing on the JPLGA for a while. It's gotta be a tough transition. 

Just now, Cwebb said:

As bad as that lie was,....it was the awful judgement of distance on the approach shots on both 17 and 18 that ultimately cost her at least a chance in the playoff.  She hit both of those shots solid, so they were the wrong club.

Wrong club only in the sense that the wind higher up caught the ball.  It did the exact same thing to Nasa Hataoka when she was in the same spot ... though Nasa was in a thick rough on the edge of the bunker.   Lexi was in the bunker.   It was hard to know how much wind was up there.

6 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

I know the pro's gotta own up to any poor execution

BUT

I've never liked Greg Johnson her loop.

Lexi was young and needed more hand holding back in 2012....Greg was Lexi's caddie.

At the 2012 USWO....I remember Lexi hit her ball in a deep gorge...he never went down there to check things out to assist Lexi for quite some time.

Later....in Portland....Lexi was making a mess at the 17th hole at Pumpkin Ridge....she was so lost and embarrassed.....she nearly picked up her ball to quit...again Greg was not nearby to help and get her head back in the game.

She took a snowman on 17 and missed the cut by 4 strokes.

A week later at the 2012 CWO...Lexi 3 jacked on hole 6.....as she was walking off the green she was hitting her back with her putter and looked like she was going to cry.

There is a really long walk between the 6th green and 7th tee...there's a washroom and Lexi went in.

Greg just walked to the tee and never looked back....I think Lexi might have been crying...she was in the washroom for a really long time....I think he should have been concerned to check up on her.

OK...ya the LPGA is the big leagues....so ya gotta be tough.......but when one has a young and fragile pro...as a loop .....ya not only need to carry clubs but be there for mental support...especially for someone so young.

BTW...I also saw Inbee 3 jack....she was standing 6 feet away from me near the ropes...the Ice Queen...not one sign of emotion or anger.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Nasa struggled during her rookie year before heading home and playing on the JPLGA for a while. It's gotta be a tough transition. 

I remember reading an article in the NYT several years ago that focused on Arimura Chie, and the struggles she was having off-course in the States. Seemed that the language barrier was huge, and that she had practically zero social life away from the course as a result.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Golf Dino said:

Wrong club only in the sense that the wind higher up caught the ball.  It did the exact same thing to Nasa Hataoka when she was in the same spot ... though Nasa was in a thick rough on the edge of the bunker.   Lexi was in the bunker.   It was hard to know how much wind was up there.

Right.  The conditions were not judged properly and the shot selection came up way short.  Not close.  At least a full club short

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Pacman is in a league of his own

A LEGEND.

• Like 2

I mean,,, a 41 is a complete bust. It’s not the caddie, her short game, or her putting. It’s all those things, plus missing fairways with 3Ws, and greens with wedges. She’s taking a beating in this thread, and I think it’s also because of her attitude out there too. She acted totally confused when a wedge would come up 20 yards short (she couldn’t have been seriously surprised.. pros look like they make the same swing every time, but they know when they mis hit it that much), and the downhill par putt on 18 that came up a foot short, and she throws her hands up like ‘How could that happen??!!’ Really, Lexi.. 

And then refusing a post round interview. I never pass blame on that, or for choking... golf is hard.... but she wasn’t exactly helping herself out in front of the small LPGA golfing world.

I was saying get a camera on her face as soon as I tuned in on the back nine. I think she was on the verge of tears for the last two hours of that round. But the TV networks had absolutely no clue. The drama was there, and their direction was to make excuses for the American player collapsing. They completely missed what they had handed to them right in their laps. And then they just dropped the broadcast completely. I’m literally shocked by what they produced today. It may have been the most awful golf broadcast I’ve ever seen. An it’s the biggest tournament of the year for the tour.

(but at least the third round runaway overnight leader didn’t have to DQ himself hhahahaa) 

• Like 2