Jump to content

2021 US Women's Open, June 3-6


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Argonne69 said:

Nasa is a little snake bit. 2nd playoff loss at a major. She lost to Sung Hyun at the 2018 KPMG. I believe she's also lost two non-major playoffs. 

 

I thought Nasa truly had the momentum in the playoffs -- but, as Yuka said in her interview: "If it's for you, it's for you"... I have to admit though - I didn't expect Yuka to win it -- well, bec. I didn't expect Lexi to hand it over...   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I

3 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

loudmouth for sure --- 10000000%  

 

saso isn't from a rich family... her mother is from bulacan, her father is japanese... i know where they train / live in manila -- heck she trains in basketball courts (not for golf - for working out drills)

 

as for sponsors, ICTSI is definitely one of the biggest sponsors of Philippine Women's Golf... they sponsor another Ecuadorian player (I forget - i think darquea) since ICTSI is global ☺︎....  Japan airlines is a sponsor for Yuka (Philippine Airlines has shallower pockets -- but sponsors Philippine Jungolfers - incl Bianca ☺︎

You are correct, except for Darquea it appears as Contecon Guayaquil. 
 

I wonder how Filipino society will react to Yuka? Filipino society as a whole tends to be colorist and favors public figures and celebrities with western/ foreign featured/heritage. Yuka is Asian through and through though the fact her father is japanese probably helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Argonne69 said:

Nasa is a little snake bit. 2nd playoff loss at a major. She lost to Sung Hyun at the 2018 KPMG. I believe she's also lost two non-major playoffs. 

 

I was going to mention the same thing. Two losses last year right? Inbee/Gabby and another to a Euro who's name is on the tip of my tongue. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tasals said:

Its straight up embarrassing how many times Lexi came up short with a short iron or wedge in hand. How do you continually come up 15+ yards short when the middle of the green gives you such an easy win? I could barely watch the golf, her decision making was so bad. aim for the middle of a green. If you make a putt so be it, if not youre forcing the other players to go low.

 

Also how can the commentators claim she has a short game skill set no one else has and is so great. Her short game was abysmal. How do you lose with a 5 shot lead on the back 9.

Her short game has always been terrible.

  • Like 2

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

 

It'll be interesting to see. Not quite the same circumstances, but Hinako didn't take membership after winning the WBO. 

 

Yup, Yuka knows English, familiar with American culture etc... those are immediate differences... What's clear is that it's her father who's running the show right now - and he's Japanese ☺︎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Nasa is a little snake bit. 2nd playoff loss at a major. She lost to Sung Hyun at the 2018 KPMG. I believe she's also lost two non-major playoffs. 

 

 

I am curious about her second shot to the 71st hole. From a good lie in the fairway, 173 yards to the hole, and her ball comes up about 15 yards short.

I believe that particular shot cost her the win and I am not sure if she mishit the ball or it was the wrong club selection.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AWinfortheAges said:

I was going to mention the same thing. Two losses last year right? Inbee/Gabby and another to a Euro who's name is on the tip of my tongue. 

 

I believe she finished one shot behind Madeline at Gainbridge. 

  • Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tasals said:

Its straight up embarrassing how many times Lexi came up short with a short iron or wedge in hand. How do you continually come up 15+ yards short when the middle of the green gives you such an easy win? I could barely watch the golf, her decision making was so bad. aim for the middle of a green. If you make a putt so be it, if not youre forcing the other players to go low.

 

Also how can the commentators claim she has a short game skill set no one else has and is so great. Her short game was abysmal. How do you lose with a 5 shot lead on the back 9.

American commentators FAWNING over an American pro.

 

If anyone else notices...Lexi many times comes up short on her 2nd shot to a par 5 she can easily reach in 2...hit MORE club....rarely see her pin high or at the back of the green.

 

Lexi needs to own up to game and club selection more...she relies too much on her loop...I don't believe she carries a yardage book.

Benji was her best loop....but I think he left for the PGA tour.

Curtis is also good on her bag...but he has his own career to chase after.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

 

I am curious about her second shot to the 71st hole. From a good lie in the fairway, 173 yards to the hole, and her ball comes up about 15 yards short.

I believe that particular shot cost her the win and I am not sure if she mishit the ball or it was the wrong club selection.

 

Being in the rough on 17 probably cost her the win. Worst teeshot she hit all week. The lie was so bad she only got 50 or so yards on her 2nd. 

 

  • Like 2

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

I

You are correct, except for Darquea it appears as Contecon Guayaquil. 
 

I wonder how Filipino society will react to Yuka? Filipino society as a whole tends to be colorist and favors public figures and celebrities with western/ foreign featured/heritage. Yuka is Asian through and through though the fact her father is japanese probably helps.

if it's not darquea it's another lpga golfer that's sponsored by ICTSI... i forgot her name - she played on the same flight with Bianca last year in an LPGA tournament... ugh, i forget who she is-- lemme look it up

 

we love Yuka -- she carries the flag... she's carried the RP colors in Asian games and let it to team gold and individual gold in golf (Bianca had Bronze then)... golf is the only shining spot these days other than boxing LOL...

 

EDIT i just checked IT IS DARQUEA -- LOOK AT HER VISOR  LOGO and compare to yuka/bianca ☺︎

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=daniela+darquea+ictsi&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=7FhuDtHOfA0ulM%2CLjFoLlVRd5Fl3M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQzma3zzAY3vTNzuPJzXvKuW-z7tw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjMmYmxr4TxAhVFIqwKHWfHD4gQ9QF6BAgOEAE#imgrc=7FhuDtHOfA0ulM

Edited by Supermilo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Supermilo said:

if it's not darquea it's another lpga golfer that's sponsored by ICTSI... i forgot her name - she played on the same flight with Bianca last year in an LPGA tournament... ugh, i forget who she is-- lemme look it up

 

we love Yuka -- she carries the flag... she's carried the RP colors in Asian games and let it to team gold and individual gold in golf (Bianca had Bronze then)... golf is the only shining spot these days other than boxing LOL...

 

 

Dottie?   And yes...Pinoy Golf sites are going nuts right now.  Some are calling (lightheartedly) for a national holiday in honour of Yuka!   Some are commenting that Pacman needs to move over for another national sports hero!  🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Golf Dino said:

 

 

Dottie?   And yes...Pinoy Golf sites are going nuts right now.  Some are calling (lightheartedly) for a national holiday in honour of Yuka!   Some are commenting that Pacman needs to move over for another national sports hero!  🙂 

and he should move over... (he's old haha)

 

no it was daniela - i edited my comment to fred... same logo, i don't speak spanish... ICTSI - intl container services 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drive for show ……..

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drive for show ……..

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

 

I am curious about her second shot to the 71st hole. From a good lie in the fairway, 173 yards to the hole, and her ball comes up about 15 yards short.

I believe that particular shot cost her the win and I am not sure if she mishit the ball or it was the wrong club selection.

 

Wrong club.  She hit it clean.  SHe even said she was "staring it down" as if was going to be close to the hole.

 

I watched the one on 18 again, a couple times close.  She hit that one good too.  So it was bad club selection on two consecutive holes to close the tournament.  Rough timing

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Yup, Yuka knows English, familiar with American culture etc... those are immediate differences... What's clear is that it's her father who's running the show right now - and he's Japanese ☺︎

 

I would not be surprised to see Yuka head off the States, but I would be a little surprised to see Hinako Shibuno go. A little, not a lot.

Yuka's already got the language skills, the experience of living in different countries (I think she was born in the Philippines, spent some years in Japan in elementary and Junior high school, before returning to the Philippines).

 

We've seen a few Japanese players struggle when they go to the States (Ueda Momoko, Arimura Chie spring to mind), and I don't just mean on the golf course. Yuka already has an advantage there.

 

Plus, the father may be Japanese, but he's obviously spent many years outside Japan in the Philippines; maybe he's already thinking on a global scale about her future?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

 

Being in the rough on 17 probably cost her the win. Worst teeshot she hit all week. The lie was so bad she only got 50 or so yards on her 2nd. 

 

 

As bad as that lie was,....it was the awful judgement of distance on the approach shots on both 17 and 18 that ultimately cost her at least a chance in the playoff.  She hit both of those shots solid, so they were the wrong club.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

 

I would not be surprised to see Yuka head off the States, but I would be a little surprised to see Hinako Shibuno go. A little, not a lot.

Yuka's already got the language skills, the experience of living in different countries (I think she was born in the Philippines, spent some years in Japan in elementary and Junior high school, before returning to the Philippines).

 

We've seen a few Japanese players struggle when they go to the States (Ueda Momoko, Arimura Chie spring to mind), and I don't just mean on the golf course. Yuka already has an advantage there.

 

Plus, the father may be Japanese, but he's obviously spent many years outside Japan in the Philippines; maybe he's already thinking on a global scale about her future?

 

Nasa struggled during her rookie year before heading home and playing on the JPLGA for a while. It's gotta be a tough transition. 

 

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cwebb said:

 

As bad as that lie was,....it was the awful judgement of distance on the approach shots on both 17 and 18 that ultimately cost her at least a chance in the playoff.  She hit both of those shots solid, so they were the wrong club.

 

Wrong club only in the sense that the wind higher up caught the ball.  It did the exact same thing to Nasa Hataoka when she was in the same spot ... though Nasa was in a thick rough on the edge of the bunker.   Lexi was in the bunker.   It was hard to know how much wind was up there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

 

I am curious about her second shot to the 71st hole. From a good lie in the fairway, 173 yards to the hole, and her ball comes up about 15 yards short.

I believe that particular shot cost her the win and I am not sure if she mishit the ball or it was the wrong club selection.

I know the pro's gotta own up to any poor execution

BUT

I've never liked Greg Johnson her loop.

 

Lexi was young and needed more hand holding back in 2012....Greg was Lexi's caddie.

At the 2012 USWO....I remember Lexi hit her ball in a deep gorge...he never went down there to check things out to assist Lexi for quite some time.

Later....in Portland....Lexi was making a mess at the 17th hole at Pumpkin Ridge....she was so lost and embarrassed.....she nearly picked up her ball to quit...again Greg was not nearby to help and get her head back in the game.

She took a snowman on 17 and missed the cut by 4 strokes.

 

A week later at the 2012 CWO...Lexi 3 jacked on hole 6.....as she was walking off the green she was hitting her back with her putter and looked like she was going to cry.

There is a really long walk between the 6th green and 7th tee...there's a washroom and Lexi went in.

Greg just walked to the tee and never looked back....I think Lexi might have been crying...she was in the washroom for a really long time....I think he should have been concerned to check up on her.

 

OK...ya the LPGA is the big leagues....so ya gotta be tough.......but when one has a young and fragile pro...as a loop .....ya not only need to carry clubs but be there for mental support...especially for someone so young.

 

BTW...I also saw Inbee 3 jack....she was standing 6 feet away from me near the ropes...the Ice Queen...not one sign of emotion or anger.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

 

Nasa struggled during her rookie year before heading home and playing on the JPLGA for a while. It's gotta be a tough transition. 

 

 

I remember reading an article in the NYT several years ago that focused on Arimura Chie, and the struggles she was having off-course in the States. Seemed that the language barrier was huge, and that she had practically zero social life away from the course as a result.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Golf Dino said:

 

Wrong club only in the sense that the wind higher up caught the ball.  It did the exact same thing to Nasa Hataoka when she was in the same spot ... though Nasa was in a thick rough on the edge of the bunker.   Lexi was in the bunker.   It was hard to know how much wind was up there.

 

Right.  The conditions were not judged properly and the shot selection came up way short.  Not close.  At least a full club short

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

 

 

Dottie?   And yes...Pinoy Golf sites are going nuts right now.  Some are calling (lightheartedly) for a national holiday in honour of Yuka!   Some are commenting that Pacman needs to move over for another national sports hero!  🙂 

Pacman is in a league of his own

A LEGEND.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
        • Haha
        • Like
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Like
      • 99 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies
×
×
  • Create New...