how to approach refund for item not recieved

i searched and could not find

my item is lost in USPS, seller has not been very proactive. It's been a month since shipment date, ive asked for refund. do i go through paypal and then report user? any insight? thanks

WITB

Sim2 - Tour AD GP 7x

TS2 - PX Smoke 6.5

3-W: Ping i210, PX LZ 6.5

SM7 - S400

Spider X

Live in Brooklyn, NY - have a car and always looking for games!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Assuming that your details are all accurate he doesn’t deserve much benefit. He hasn’t done enough. Personally I’d have refunded you by now and trust that if the item showed up at some point we’d figu

What's the deal with these types of threads, where it's like pulling teeth to get the username of the other party?  If everything stated is on the up and up, inviting the other party is a reasonable a

i was looking for opinion on course of action, didn't know this forum was meant for public disputes with other party- my mistake.

If you’ve gotten no response from the seller pursue I’d absolutely file a claim with PayPal. I’d tag/invite the seller here too so he can provide his side of the story. 

Tough break for the seller but until the item has been delivered it’s on him. I think we’re mostly all aware of carrier issues but the seller doing little to nothing just isn’t acceptable. 

Edited by kdog25
  • Like 1

Start the PP refund process now and please post the sellers forum name in this thread.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

did the seller file a missing mail search? did they do anything on their end to show interest and help at all? thats an important detail

• Like 2

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

i filed missing mail through USPS (i went through process as seller over summer) never got an answer from USPS. I dont want to tag him yet as i like to give benefit of doubt. i messaged him this morning and basically said "do i have to ask paypap for refund or can you provide?" if i dont get answer by this evening, i will tage.

thanks everyone for insight. 

WITB

Sim2 - Tour AD GP 7x

TS2 - PX Smoke 6.5

SM7 - S400

Spider X

43 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

did the seller file a missing mail search? did they do anything on their end to show interest and help at all? thats an important detail

he has not shown much interest in helping, he said he was "trying to figure out the insurance". i told him i filed missing mail with USPS, he has not done the same.

WITB

Sim2 - Tour AD GP 7x

TS2 - PX Smoke 6.5

SM7 - S400

Spider X

2 minutes ago, eedub said:

i filed missing mail through USPS (i went through process as seller over summer) never got an answer from USPS. I dont want to tag him yet as i like to give benefit of doubt. i messaged him this morning and basically said "do i have to ask paypap for refund or can you provide?" if i dont get answer by this evening, i will tage.

thanks everyone for insight. 

Assuming that your details are all accurate he doesn’t deserve much benefit. He hasn’t done enough. Personally I’d have refunded you by now and trust that if the item showed up at some point we’d figure it out then. 

If this is how the seller operates the field here deserves to know who it is. I don’t think too many people want to deal with someone who’d handle a transaction this way. Just one man’s opinion though as you’re certainly entitled to not post it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, eedub said:

he has not shown much interest in helping, he said he was "trying to figure out the insurance". i told him i filed missing mail with USPS, he has not done the same.

Seems more like he's "trying to figure out how to dodge the situation." It's time to file a claim for item not received if it's a same country transaction. I've had plenty of things take over a month to get to me from the USA to Canada, but not within same country. Item is likely lost. 

1 hour ago, eedub said:

This is bogus on his part. However it works out with insurance has no bearing on whether he refunds you, insurance is to cover his loss if something goes wrong(which it seems it may have). It doesn't determine whether he should refund you.

• Like 2

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Agree with everyone else. Assuming all your details are correct, seller doesnt really deserve a benefit of the doubt. We all know that USPS is taking a horrendously long time right now, but that responsibility falls on the seller. Seller responsibility until you have it delivered to you.

Start the PP dispute. I bet it will kick seller's butt into gear. (or if it doesnt, at least you get your funds back)

Srixon ZX5 9.5* - GD ADDI 6S
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* - UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")

Srixon ZXU 3i - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat
Srixon ZX5 4-AW - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Rack 50*/54* mid, 58* low -0.5" - 2* flat 
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack - 34" 4* loft - 71* lie
WITB Link

What's the deal with these types of threads, where it's like pulling teeth to get the username of the other party?  If everything stated is on the up and up, inviting the other party is a reasonable and efficient means to resolution...at the same time, it brings visibility to the WRX community for potential fraud.  

Sorry OP, I don't mean to offend, but inviting the other party to the thread is usually the best course of action.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, hppyjohn said:

What's the deal with these types of threads, where it's like pulling teeth to get the username of the other party?  If everything stated is on the up and up, inviting the other party is a reasonable and efficient means to resolution...at the same time, it brings visibility to the WRX community for potential fraud.  

Sorry OP, I don't mean to offend, but inviting the other party to the thread is usually the best course of action.

Absolutely. It should be a rule that if you post one of these ALL parties involved should be named(forum name) in the first post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hppyjohn said:

i was looking for opinion on course of action, didn't know this forum was meant for public disputes with other party- my mistake.

• Confused 2

WITB

Sim2 - Tour AD GP 7x

TS2 - PX Smoke 6.5

SM7 - S400

Spider X

• eedub locked this topic
  • eedub unlocked this topic

well, I've tried everything and seller has left me with no choice. @Titleist+2 care to share your side of the story as to why you have not refunded me yet after repeated requests? 

• Thanks 1

WITB

Sim2 - Tour AD GP 7x

TS2 - PX Smoke 6.5

SM7 - S400

Spider X

Thanks for putting his name out there. I hope you have started the PP refund process. Please leave appropriate feedback(at this point I presume its negative) via the Feedback tab in his profile. He has several similar episodes  to yours that have garnered negative feedback.

Edited by Bad9
  • Like 1

Semi Pro tip. Always check feedback prior to conducting a transaction. 

SUMM1T left Negative feedback   November 19, 2018

Miserable communication. Would go days without hearing from them. Item was not as described. Shaft details were scratched out on the butt end and tips were .370 and I wasn't told. Shafts were not the flex advertised. Asked for a refund and lost out &#

akozar721 left Negative feedback   February 13, 2017

I never received any tracking info and no response to my requests. Will never do business with this member again. UPDATE - 8 iron head flew off on my second swing. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PERSON

VTHOKIM left Negative feedback    May 9, 2016

Item was not accurately described, communication was average at best, needed to open PayPal claim to ensure refund

The question now is with feedback like that why the heck was he allowed to continue?
2 hours ago, icecat88 said:

There shouldn’t even be a chance for  the seller to respond on here its obviously not his first rodeo should be banned immediately before he can do this again to another member on here 

This ^! Guy obviously has no respect and could careless. 1st time , shame on you @Titleist+2, second offense , shame on WRX for not banning you. 

Edited by golffeen007
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, eedub said:

since the change in platform i had no idea where to even see the feedback, thanks fellas. 

We might be rough some times but we do try to help.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

This member has other items listed on BST as well.  I sure hope other members do not buy from this person. 

I saw that too. Meant to report it and forgot. Just sent something to mods - hope they’ll review. 

Edit - looks like someone took a more direct approach 🤣

Edited by kdog25