Long wait time and buyer's remorse.

sociojeje

I know most people wait much longer than me. It has been 20 days since my order and my initial excitement is waning. If I hadn't sold my club, I would have cancelled my order and gone with my old club. How long you have been waiting and how do you deal with this feeling? Not sure if i can call it buyer's remorse but l am just wondering how you keep your early excitement intact. At least, I think my club would arrive in two weeks... 

I've seen anything from 4 weeks to 6 months at my club and local fitter.  It's not just golf either, every industry is impacted.  I shoot professional target archery, and manufacturers in that realm are at least 8-10 weeks behind on orders....It is usually worth the wait, but I have found myself settling for what's in the shelf or in the display case and making the necessary mods to make it fit me.  It may not be the model or the color or whatever, but it has worked to this point....but waiting for a custom fit order would have been the best route in most cases.

• Like 1

I wouldn't order anything at this moment in time that isn't in stock. As soon as I'm informed it's on backorder I cancel the order.

As often as not, when I buy new golf club(s) I try them for a few weeks and move on. Whatever it is I'm looking for today is unlikely to be what I'm looking for in four or five months time. There's no benefit in ordering something in April that may or may not arrive by some time in the middle to late summer. 

Somewhat off-topic:

I used to follow a forum for guys who were into "boutique" putters (I was not, I just found some of the discussion interesting). The popular putter makers of the day would routinely quote lead times of six months to a year after taking a deposit. So some of these guys would order a putter, then get bored and order another one a couple months later, etc. By the time the first putter came in they had three more on order so they'd roll putts on carpet for a few days and try to sell it unused to raise money for the next one in the pipeline. You could just about do that with any kind of club nowadays!

• Like 1

Custom orders are a real gamble right now. Depending on what components you chose, your order could be delayed by shaft or even grip availability.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

I'm about to wait up to 12 weeks for a custom putter to be built. But I know when I get it the thing will be bomb. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

4 hours ago, North Butte said:

I wouldn't order anything at this moment in time that isn't in stock. As soon as I'm informed it's on backorder I cancel the order.

As often as not, when I buy new golf club(s) I try them for a few weeks and move on. Whatever it is I'm looking for today is unlikely to be what I'm looking for in four or five months time. There's no benefit in ordering something in April that may or may not arrive by some time in the middle to late summer. 

Somewhat off-topic:

I used to follow a forum for guys who were into "boutique" putters (I was not, I just found some of the discussion interesting). The popular putter makers of the day would routinely quote lead times of six months to a year after taking a deposit. So some of these guys would order a putter, then get bored and order another one a couple months later, etc. By the time the first putter came in they had three more on order so they'd roll putts on carpet for a few days and try to sell it unused to raise money for the next one in the pipeline. You could just about do that with any kind of club nowadays!

Yep. Very common in putters. The trick is to not order new.  Wait for them to list their new ones. No wait time and it’s really same thing.  Rinse and repeat.  Plus it cheaper.  Learn who does that and then follow their posts.  Or heck I’ve even been as bold as said “ give me first dibs on your xyz putters for sale if you want an easy transaction”. You’d be shocked how many things I’ve been offered for good deals for a fast easy sale.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Buyer's remorse yes.  I go through two well known fitters and builders here and wait times have almost never been an issue for me. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

6 hours ago, North Butte said:

So some of these guys would order a putter, then get bored and order another one a couple months later, etc. By the time the first putter came in they had three more on order so they'd roll putts on carpet for a few days and try to sell it unused to raise money for the next one in the pipeline.

Hey!  Now you're talking about... other guys I've read about... certainly not me...

Actually, I'm more guilty of thinking I've got a putter sold so I go ahead and make a deal on the next one, then the original sale falls through and I've got both of them.

Edited by sm_watts
  • Like 1

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

GP Side Saddle Broomstick, 45"

I ordered a set of Srixon ZX7's first week of January. My thought was, I will enjoy them as a bridge from now until the PING i59, Mizuno MP22 and new Titleist irons come out. During the 11 week wait for the set to arrive, more and more rumors started dropping about all these other new irons and I completely lost interest in the Srixons. I hit them once at the range and sold them on the BST the next day. Moved on, no remorse. Looking forward to the late summer/fall releases now. I would not rule out buying another set as they are fantastic irons, but once I lose interest in one club and get my mind set on something new, that old one gets out of the bag and sold pretty quickly. 

• Like 2

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

1 hour ago, JDCON said:

Wow! Where is your putter being made? Narnia?

California. But it's being milled to order and it's max 12 weeks I was told most likely less. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I'm coming up on 12 weeks for my Wilson Staff CBs.  I didn't order them through Wilson and I suspect (no evidence), that the initial production batch went to filling their internal orders.  I ordered Jan 30th through the builder I like.  Do I have remorse?....eh....not really. 🤷‍♂️ Am I getting really impatient?  Oh heck yeah!  It went from the order shipping on Feb 9th, to the heads will be at the builder on March 15th, to the heads will be at the builder on April 5th.....still nothing.  One more delay (I'm giving it another week) and I'm changing heads. 

Edited by ChadL
  • Like 1

Thanks for the "comforting" words, people!!! Well, my conclusion is, let's put one more order to keep the excitement going!!! At least, the golf industry is going well and let's hope we will get more "advanced" clubs! (but we all know that we will be "duped" again but will keep purchasing nevertheless) 🤣🤣🤣

Ordered my Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 almost 30 days ago.  I'm not even a Scotty fan but I was hoping this would be a welcomed change.  I have had zero updates other than order confirmation and I am growing tired.  In my mind, it's already for sale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Combine lack of self-control with insecure decision-making leads to impatience over the ball; making them enemies of good golf.  Buyers remorse is the result of not trusting you made the right decision.  It's not a question "how do I deal with them?"  I don't.  I deal with pretty much every thing in life, similarly.  Everything I do in life calls for some degree of self-control, which allows me to think though what I face at that moment.  I then make a decision, stay with that decision and deal with what comes with that decision.

During my earlier life, learning self-control was key to overcoming physical demands of certain tasks when in-country.  It wasn't about how or if, it was about accomplishing the goal or else...  It was the "or else" that made me stick to the original plan and goal.

I had to wait 3 weeks for my Ventus Velocore shafts and two weeks for my 620 series irons.  Fortunately for me, it was before Covid took its toll and slowed the supply-chain.  The problem you're dealing with is what many people and companies are dealing with; the supply chain was hit hard, staffing problems in all facets of the chain are struggling, especially when components and products come from overseas.  It's time to learn patience.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 2
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

13 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Ordered my Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 almost 30 days ago.  I'm not even a Scotty fan but I was hoping this would be a welcomed change.  I have had zero updates other than order confirmation and I am growing tired.  In my mind, it's already for sale.

Direct quote from Titleist/ Scotty Cameron Dealer order site"

The Titleist Club business is having our most successful start ever...we shipped 50% more golf clubs in Q1 than our previous high. The demand for golf and our products is unbelievable to see.

In Q2 2019, we shipped 30,000 Scotty Cameron Putters.  We already shipped 50,000 Scotty Cameron Putters on the books for Q2 2021....astonishing numbers!

Because of this, we unfortunately will be quoting Mid July for all new at-once putter orders.  We physically cannot build anymore putters without taking significant time away from building metals, irons and wedges.

• Like 2

I bought a Cobra custom order Driver and waited 3 weeks, then ordered a similar fairway and it was a month. All parts were in stock including the custom shafts. It was a matter of reduced labor to cut and assemble, etc. All were within the advertised 3-4 week period. Recently I ordered a TM MySpider Tour. It was a 2 month wait but surprisingly came within a month. 

I don't like waiting for something but I usually do my homework ad nauseum so I know what I custom order will be spot on. So far all 3 clubs have been winners even if I didn't demo the exact head/shaft combos that I ordered. I did try each head and shaft out, just couldn't get them both together, so I had a pretty good idea.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

11 minutes ago, Luke'sdad said:

If there is any lesson to be learned now, is that it's probably not a good idea to sell your old club(s) until you receive your new ones

My father used to tell me never quit your job until you have a new one. 🤣 #dadwisdom

• Like 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

30 minutes ago, sociojeje said:

But isn't golf like a lover than a job? If you want to meet a new one, you gotta be done with the old one 🤣 

Only golf can tempt you with the flesh of a young driver over your tried and true. He got divorced for the new Callaway (pick your poison) mail order bride that has yet to make it through customs. Hopefully she matches up to the hype and expectations of the website. We all know how this ends up. Maybe golfers are all masochists.  Remember the old saying, Golf is a cruel mistress! 

• Like 1

Ordered Epic Max Driver on 3/29 and it shipped today.  Of course, I sent them an email a couple days ago that I wanted to change it to an Epic Speed, but my order must have been completed before they got my email.  No biggie... I'll give it a try indoors and if I don't like it I'll send it back.  I've got an Mavrik standard right now.  Not sure I need the Max after hitting 12 fairways (par 4's and 5's) on my last round.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:20 PM, ChadL said:

I'm coming up on 12 weeks for my Wilson Staff CBs.  I didn't order them through Wilson and I suspect (no evidence), that the initial production batch went to filling their internal orders.  I ordered Jan 30th through the builder I like.  Do I have remorse?....eh....not really. 🤷‍♂️ Am I getting really impatient?  Oh heck yeah!  It went from the order shipping on Feb 9th, to the heads will be at the builder on March 15th, to the heads will be at the builder on April 5th.....still nothing.  One more delay (I'm giving it another week) and I'm changing heads. 

Wow, I didn't realize the Wilson Staff CBs were that far behind in production.  I got super lucky and happened to be at my local golf store the same day they received a stock set.  I've been super happy with them and expect you will be as well.  I got a little spend happy and made a deal on a set of TaylorMade P770 irons earlier the same day.  I've been so happy with the CBs that I'll probably sell the P770s without ever gaming them.

• Like 1

Totally understand. I have ordered my TM clubs months ago. Still have not received them. Now I am thinking about switching over to a Titleist bag. Man the thoughts lol

• Like 1

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

I ordered a set of Srixon ZX5’s 4 weeks ago and told myself that if they were shipping this week I’d gladly accept the order.

Unfortunately when I called on Monday, they told me the clubs wouldn’t be built until early May, which would make delivery 3-4 weeks out *minimum*.

For me personally, it wasn’t worth the wait and I cancelled my order. I was fitted for Project X LS shafts and was told they were on back order until July ish...so I settled for KBS Tour 120 shafts. I ordered Lamkin Crossline Midsize grips, then was told those were on back order too. I was told 3-5 weeks, which was turning into 7-8 weeks minimum.

To add context, I also sold my previous irons (TM P770’s) right before placing the order, so that also set me up for failure in having enough patience to wait it out.

Bought a set of used Srixon Z 785’s today instead (w/ Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts) and they are in the shop right now getting adjusted (+1.5”, 2* upright).

It was the right decision for me and I don’t have regrets with how anything played out.

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX