Jump to content

Help with Ebay counterfeit grips


Recommended Posts

First of all, I know you dont buy grips on ebay, but I took my chances on 2 golfpride mcc plus 4s. Sure enough when I received them, they didnt look right. Shorter than any I have ever purchased and the graphics were too small. Sent pictures into Goldpride and they said they were definitely counterfeit. Ebay will not refund $ unless I send grips back to seller and they want let me leave negative feed back. Any options at this point, its just the principal they are backing a seller who willingly or unwillingly sold counterfeit grips. I am not sending back grips!

Ping G410 LST 10.5 Mitsubishi Tensi Orange
Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue
Callaway Epic 5 Flash wood Mitusbishi Blue Tensi Blue

Mizuno MP25 4-PW KBS CTaper Lite

Odyssey Ten S Lined 

Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM7 M Grind 55* SM6 59* S Grind S-300

God Bless America

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not an option for me, I refuse to send counterfeit grips back to a seller so he can sell again.

If you refuse to send them back then eat the cost and move on. There is nothing else you can do. 

Just send the grips back? dont think it even costs you if you open a return with ebay

3 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

First of all, I know you dont buy grips on ebay, but I took my chances on 2 golfpride mcc plus 4s. Sure enough when I received them, they didnt look right. Shorter than any I have ever purchased and the graphics were too small. Sent pictures into Goldpride and they said they were definitely counterfeit. Ebay will not refund $ unless I send grips back to seller and they want let me leave negative feed back. Any options at this point, its just the principal they are backing a seller who willingly or unwillingly sold counterfeit grips. I am not sending back grips!

Just send the grips back? dont think it even costs you if you open a return with ebay

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X 9*

Hybrids:     :ping-small: G425 17* & G 19*

Hybrid Irons: :adams-small:  Pro DHY 21 & 24*

Irons:       :ping-small: i500 6-PW

Gap Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 3 50*

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe Raw 54 & 58*

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  O-Works 7

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superbrit said:

Just send the grips back? dont think it even costs you if you open a return with ebay

Not an option for me, I refuse to send counterfeit grips back to a seller so he can sell again.

  • Haha 3
Ping G410 LST 10.5 Mitsubishi Tensi Orange
Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue
Callaway Epic 5 Flash wood Mitusbishi Blue Tensi Blue

Mizuno MP25 4-PW KBS CTaper Lite

Odyssey Ten S Lined 

Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM7 M Grind 55* SM6 59* S Grind S-300

God Bless America

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

Not an option for me, I refuse to send counterfeit grips back to a seller so he can sell again.

Well unfortunately you wont get your money back if you don't, you cant expect Ebay to be on your side if you refuse to send them back, i would send them back and leave negative feedback, as soon as other buyers see a negative feedback for an item being fake they will soon start to lose buyers

  • Thanks 2

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X 9*

Hybrids:     :ping-small: G425 17* & G 19*

Hybrid Irons: :adams-small:  Pro DHY 21 & 24*

Irons:       :ping-small: i500 6-PW

Gap Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 3 50*

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe Raw 54 & 58*

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  O-Works 7

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

Not an option for me, I refuse to send counterfeit grips back to a seller so he can sell again.

If that’s your principles - respect - but then just eat them. I think returning and leaving negative feedback would have an impact. 
 

ebay told you what your options are. Nothing anyone says here is going to change anything. 
 

I don’t know if eBay tracks such things but maybe they shut down a seller at some point for dealing in counterfeits? Don’t know how that works but does anyone know if reporting/returning has any impact?

 

Edited by kdog25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kdog25 said:

If that’s your principles - respect - but then just eat them. I think returning and leaving negative feedback would have an impact. 
 

ebay told you what your options are. Nothing anyone says here is going to change anything. 
 

I don’t know if eBay tracks such things but maybe they shut down a seller at some point for dealing in counterfeits? Don’t know how that works but does anyone know if reporting/returning has any impact?

 

I bought some fake grips just after new year, i even got golf pride to confirm they were fake as well, but i still had to send them back, left negative feedback, and reported at least 3 of his other listings for fake grips, but hes still selling, hoping its no where near as much after i left feedback

 

I would imagine you would have to have a lot of buyers reporting the seller to get anywhere, and most probably dont even know they are fakes

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X 9*

Hybrids:     :ping-small: G425 17* & G 19*

Hybrid Irons: :adams-small:  Pro DHY 21 & 24*

Irons:       :ping-small: i500 6-PW

Gap Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 3 50*

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe Raw 54 & 58*

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  O-Works 7

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you refuse to send them back then eat the cost and move on. There is nothing else you can do. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Superbrit said:

I bought some fake grips just after new year, i even got golf pride to confirm they were fake as well, but i still had to send them back, left negative feedback, and reported at least 3 of his other listings for fake grips, but hes still selling, hoping its no where near as much after i left feedback

 

I would imagine you would have to have a lot of buyers reporting the seller to get anywhere, and most probably dont even know they are fakes

Yea in hindsight I guess that makes sense. I guess that’s why eBay is so notorious for fake grips. I’m sure it’s not easy to police but would be nice if they’d take out the trash a little more frequently. I wouldn’t buy grips off of eBay ever. 
 

I guess the only possible or maybe most effective deterrent is the negative feedback. 

Edited by kdog25
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kdog25 said:

Yea in hindsight I guess that makes sense. I guess that’s why eBay is so notorious for fake grips. I’m sure it’s not easy to police but would be nice if they’d take out the trash a little more frequently. I wouldn’t buy grips off of eBay ever. 
 

I guess the only possible or maybe most effective deterrent is the negative feedback. 

i've bought grips 3 times off ebay and all have been fake, the shops that do sell on Ebay that are genuine golf shops increase there prices compared to their normal shop prices, so for me there just isn't a point buying grips off ebay, well this seems to be the case in the UK

 

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X 9*

Hybrids:     :ping-small: G425 17* & G 19*

Hybrid Irons: :adams-small:  Pro DHY 21 & 24*

Irons:       :ping-small: i500 6-PW

Gap Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 3 50*

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe Raw 54 & 58*

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  O-Works 7

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As an FYI, there is a good chance if you open a return on eBay that the seller will just let you keep the counterfeit grips and refund your money.  Criminals don't like paying for return shipping!

 

Also, beware with Scotty Cameron Matador grips - so many fakes out there and the quality of the fakes has improved.  They are now the correct weight and length, but still several tells (smell, top & bottom caps not trimmed, too soft, dimple coloring not right, and letter coloring not perfectly centered).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superbrit said:

Well unfortunately you wont get your money back if you don't, you cant expect Ebay to be on your side if you refuse to send them back, i would send them back and leave negative feedback, as soon as other buyers see a negative feedback for an item being fake they will soon start to lose buyers

This is not true in all cases....  I rolled the dice on MCC grips about 6 years ago and they were counterfeits.  I sent a stern message to the seller who was located in North Carolina that he refund me immediately and I was contacting eBay and EATON- Golf Pride.  The money was refunded within hours and his eBay items listed were as gone.  

 

               The grips were given to my local Club builder and sent to Golf Pride. 

Edited by Tzoid

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

Srixon ZX7 5-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20 50,  54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 

Ping G425 Max Driver Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70 Stiff
Ping G425 Max 3 Wood Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff
Ping G 25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

2015 OnOff Kuro Ions 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First mistake was taking a chance on something you already knew would bring you here. Frustrated or not , It's simple , don't buy grips on eBay trying to save a buck , they're gonna be fake. And if you refuse to send them back , that's on you but not sure what you're looking for now, everyone here knows you can't buy grips on eBay. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Broke100 said:

As an FYI, there is a good chance if you open a return on eBay that the seller will just let you keep the counterfeit grips and refund your money.  Criminals don't like paying for return shipping!

 

Also, beware with Scotty Cameron Matador grips - so many fakes out there and the quality of the fakes has improved.  They are now the correct weight and length, but still several tells (smell, top & bottom caps not trimmed, too soft, dimple coloring not right, and letter coloring not perfectly centered).

 

I bought a SuperStroke grip about a month ago from a seller with GREAT feedback/reviews, who had dozens of the same grip for sale. When it arrived I immediately spotted several issues that confirmed that it was fake, so I started a return and wrote out my reasons (with pictures) for the return. I was nearly immediately issued a refund and was not given the option to mail the grip back.

 

That seller then deleted the listing, and I think all of their other golf listings. I also sent an email to SS about it and offered to send them the fake grip, but they never responded so I guess it wasn't too big of a concern to them/

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5 deg

Callaway Mavrik 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

First mistake was taking a chance on something you already knew would bring you here. Frustrated or not , It's simple , don't buy grips on eBay trying to save a buck , they're gonna be fake. And if you refuse to send them back , that's on you but not sure what you're looking for now, everyone here knows you can't buy grips on eBay. 

I actually had an admin here tell me that he buys grips on ebay that are close outs and not counterfeit...  I was polite and said  " ok"  because I know it is a 

no win situation with some 🙄
 

  • Like 1

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

Srixon ZX7 5-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20 50,  54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 

Ping G425 Max Driver Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70 Stiff
Ping G425 Max 3 Wood Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff
Ping G 25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

2015 OnOff Kuro Ions 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 5:45 AM, bigeasy said:

Not an option for me, I refuse to send counterfeit grips back to a seller so he can sell again.

That's on you. Can't blame anybody but yourself for that move.

  • Like 2

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade M4 19* Hybrid 

Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* Hybrid

KZG Forged 2-M cavity back 4-6 

KZG Forged Blade 7-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Tour "Percision" [sic] Milled TP-M5 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, mktrout said:

I fell for it once. I cut the grips all in half and shipped them back. I got my money back.  Cut them in half, send the note from Golf pride in the box with them.

 

Yeah...not sure how eBay is going to view that. 

Epic Flash 🔷🔷🔷 10.5* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX
Nike Vapor Fly 3HL Matrix 8M2
Titleist 910HD Fuji HB 90/Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
T-MB 4 C-Taper 130X

T-MB 5 PX LS 7.0
6-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo PX LS 7.0
Vokey TVD 52/58 KBS Tour 130X
PM Grind 64 KBS Tour 130X
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T/Arm Lock Double Wide

Link to post
Share on other sites

yep

On 4/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, mktrout said:

I fell for it once. I cut the grips all in half and shipped them back. I got my money back.  Cut them in half, send the note from Golf pride in the box with them.

yep should have cut them in half and sent back, too late now. 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 Mitsubishi Tensi Orange
Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue
Callaway Epic 5 Flash wood Mitusbishi Blue Tensi Blue

Mizuno MP25 4-PW KBS CTaper Lite

Odyssey Ten S Lined 

Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM7 M Grind 55* SM6 59* S Grind S-300

God Bless America

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 135 replies
    • 2021 Wells Fargo - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #2
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #3
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #4
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #2
       
       

       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters & covers - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      New Ping Glide Forged Pro wedge - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Behind the scenes on the PXG truck - 2021 Wells Fargo
      PXG Gen 4 0311 T & 0311 ST irons - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Jason Day testing a SIK putter with LA Golf shaft - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Scotty Cameron T2 putter - 2021 Wells Fargo
      KH Lee's Odyssey putter - - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Patrick Cantlay's Cameron T-5 - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Rory has the TM "Rors" protos in the bag - 2021 Wells Fargo
       
       
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • 2021 Valspar Championship - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #8
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #9
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #10
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #11
       
       
       
       
       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Axis 1 Proto - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Jimmy Walker "testing" a LA Golf proto putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Scotty Cameron putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
       
      • 17 replies
    • Post in Ping 2021 Irons
      Victor has i59 in the bag this week!
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 17 replies

×
×
  • Create New...