Buying shafts on eBay

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve bought probably 100 shafts on eBay through the years. Just read the feedback and buy from reputable sellers. I have never had any issue buying on there. 

Go back while there's still time. Run in fact.😉

There really arent any counterfeit shafts out there. Sure, there are, but the chances of getting one from a US-based seller or a shaft being counterfeit after being a 'pull' from a reputable seller on

In general, the more positive feedback received from a seller, the better.   

• Like 1

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

There really arent any counterfeit shafts out there. Sure, there are, but the chances of getting one from a US-based seller or a shaft being counterfeit after being a 'pull' from a reputable seller on ebay are slim to none. 

Go with someone with good feedback like proclubs or etc and you'll be fine if you are concerned.

I would be more worried about unknown shaft tipping in a pulled shaft, than any fakes.

• Like 4

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

Same, I buy and sell shafts on ebay... can't speak for other sellers but I am honest on the details.  If it's a stock option not much to be wary of those are most common.  If its a raw build just make sure its an authentic adapter.  I really despise sellers that don't disclose wear on the shaft, seemingly deliberately.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

There really arent any counterfeit shafts out there. Sure, there are, but the chances of getting one from a US-based seller or a shaft being counterfeit after being a 'pull' from a reputable seller on ebay are slim to none. 

Go with someone with good feedback like proclubs or etc and you'll be fine if you are concerned.

I would be more worried about unknown shaft tipping in a pulled shaft, than any fakes.

I’ve recently bought 4 shafts from pro clubs and like always they were perfect. I typically only buy new shafts and not pulls. 

• Like 1

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

20 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I've heard the term shaft tipping before, but have no idea what it means lol. I have been playing golf for a while now, but only recently started to get into the equipment side. 

24 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Fully agree on this about the tipping. Ebay is the wild wild west when it comes to buying shafts. Very rarely do you come across a seller that has and knows all the tipping information for a shaft, generally it's this is it and you deal with it. The tipping can make all the difference.

4 minutes ago, jmo15 said:

I've heard the term shaft tipping before, but have no idea what it means lol. I have been playing golf for a while now, but only recently started to get into the equipment side. 

There are 2 ways to shorten a shaft, from the butt end or from the tip end. You can trim the butt end all you want (within reason) and generally not affect the flex of the shaft all that much, but if you trim the tip end, known as "tipping" you can affect the flex of the shaft significantly with just 1 inch or 1/2 inch cuts. This is generally seen as the common way to fit players that are between shaft flexes, for instance a player that an xstiff is too much for, but a stiff feels too loose and whippy, tip trimmed 1/2 to 1 inch might be just right.

• Like 1

Never had problems buying from reputable sellers, like quickshipgolf for example. My concern is not about being counterfeit but if it has extensions. I've bought 3 shafts with extensions that wasn't in the description. Thankfully returning them was easy and got full refund.

TM SIM 9 Diamana Limited 60 X

Titleist TS2 13.5 Diamana BF 70 X

Titleist 818 H2 19 Fuji Atmosw Blue 8X

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW DG S300

Vokey SM7 50F/ RTX4 56

Mizuno M Craft II

I've bought a few HZRDUS over the years that were "stock" offerings with an OEM tip.  I didn't feel bad about that at all.

But...I wouldn't buy a Graphite Design off ebay.  Anything premium, I call JD at JD's Clubs so I know it's authentic.  I've I'm paying premium prices, I want to know it's a premium product.  But I'll tinker with a $90 stock option off ebay all day long and not feel bad about it.  

Another good option is to wait for the large discount sales at Callaway Preowned and get a shaft from them, then put a different tip on it.  The discounts are deep enough to still come out well ahead and have the peace of mind of an authentic product.  They usually have a good selection of Graphite Design, Atmos, and are starting to get some Ventus Blue in stock at times.  

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5*, Ventus Black 6X 
TaylorMade SIM2 3W 15*, Ventus Blue 7X
TaylorMade SIM2 3H 19.5*, Ventus Blue 9X

TaylorMade P770 4-5, P7MC 6-PW, DG TI X100
TaylorMade MG2 50, 54, 58, DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 (2021)

Have purchased many shafts from eBay over the years & have always had good luck.  The vast majority have been used shafts.  Always look for reputable sellers.  Really look the description of the shafts & the pictures.  Do not be afraid to ask questions.  If you come across a seller that does not give good answers to questions, it's a red flag for me.  The biggest thing is if the shaft has been tip trimmed.  Most of the sellers I honestly think now on eBay do not really know.  With some computer work, you can usually find out the length of an un-trimmed tip.  You can usually find what the exact length is from where a specific graphic ends to the tip.  Then ask the seller for a measurement.  If it already has an OEM adapter on it, WRX is a great source to find out if it has been trimmed.  WRX also has done plenty on how to identify counterfeit shafts of various brands.

Now one I am surprised that no one has mentioned....go to BST and look for what you are after.  Even though you are new to WRX, there are rules to follow for a newbie on making purchases.  Personally, I would recommend it over eBay for making sure you get a quality shaft & it being exactly what you want.  Not much guess work & the vast majority of sellers are first rate.  

2 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I've received one counterfeit shaft in about 15 shaft only transactions (approx 5 years). On a larger scale, I can only recall 1 counterfeit club in nearly 20+ years on Ebay. Buy from a reputable seller and you should be good to go.

d: Mavrik | f: ST-Z | h1: X Hot | h2: Mavrik | i: zx5/7 | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

57 minutes ago, Hougz79 said:

But...I wouldn't buy a Graphite Design off ebay. 

The only shaft I remember hearing about fakes on ebay were GD AD-DI's.  If you're looking for a used/pulled graphite shaft on ebay, you might also want to buy from a seller that accepts returns in case you get the shaft and the tip isn't in as good of shape as the pictures led you to believe.

And as GLF4EVR mentioned, you can generally find what you're looking for on the BST here on golfwrx if you're patient, and I would trust the average member here as much as anyone on ebay, especially if they've been around for a while and posted their fair share.  If they are brand new members with just the minimum number of posts required to sell, do your homework.

Callaway Epic Flash 12.0, 5.5 Evenflow green

Old school Cleveland Launcher 17*, UST Attas Elements (the black & green one)
Ping g410 4h & 5h hybrids

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 6-gap...Maltby DBM 6-G

Hogan TK 57*

TP Mills Sycamore
Spaulding TPM VIII
MannKrafted MA/99 

5 hours ago, jmo15 said:

How concerned should I be about buying shafts on eBay? I am looking into getting a HZRDUS smoke black. Is there a way to tell if they are counterfeit or not? 

Have you put out a wtb ad here? I’m sure you could probably find a smoke black that fits your needs. It is a relatively readily available shaft, and a good one at that. 
I even have one that I would consider moving.  

22 minutes ago, Krosch3 said:

Have you put out a wtb ad here? I’m sure you could probably find a smoke black that fits your needs. It is a relatively readily available shaft, and a good one at that. 
I even have one that I would consider moving.  

Yes, I put an ad on WTB, and didn't get any messages so I just bought one on eBay after everyone gave me some tips. Thanks!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, VNutz said:

Fully agree on this about the tipping. Ebay is the wild wild west when it comes to buying shafts. Very rarely do you come across a seller that has and knows all the tipping information for a shaft, generally it's this is it and you deal with it. The tipping can make all the difference.

Not to mention if someone pulled the previous adapter and if they actually knew what they were doing.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mogc60 said:

I’ve bought probably 100 shafts on eBay through the years. Just read the feedback and buy from reputable sellers. I have never had any issue buying on there. 

Not as many as you but concur.  I've bought several over the years both new and used and have never had an issue.  Most important thing is feedback obviously. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

I have had great luck and saved a few bucks getting my shafts on eBay. Not sure it's worth the effort to make fake shafts. 

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade M4 19* Hybrid 

Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* Hybrid

KZG Forged 2-M cavity back 4-6 

KZG Forged Blade 7-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Tour "Percision" [sic] Milled TP-M5 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

Tried to snag a Tour AD BB 6s a few months ago on ebay and it was super fake. Luckily I had zero trouble getting my money back.

Driver - Ping g410 LST / Tour AD HD   

3 wood - Cobra F9 / Oban Kiyoshi Gold

5wood - TaylorMade M6 / Tour Ad FWY

Hybrid - PXG 0811 22deg / MMT 

Irons - Cobra Forged Tech 5-P / DG105

Wedges50 Callaway MD4 / DG 115 <> 54 Vokey SM7 54 S Grind / DG 115 <> 58 Vokey SM6  M Grind / DG115

Putter - PXG Closer Slant <> Goodwood G7

Ball - Bridgestone Tour Bx