Macgregor PCB Tours - Miura Forged?

I have seen several assertions here that the Macgregor PCB Tours from 98-00 were forged by Miura. I checked with Miura North America VP and he says no. Mr Miura claims he did not work with Macgregor at that time. He has worked with Macgregor in the past, but did not forge these irons. I was wondering if this is accurate, since everyone here seems confident that they are indeed Miura forged.

Either way, they are great clubs with a fantastic soft feel. They look very similar to the CB301's. Probably one of the nicest looking sets of irons ever made.

[quote name='ballgofar72' post='862002' date='Jan 13 2008, 02:11 PM']I have seen several assertions here that the Macgregor PCB Tours from 98-00 were forged by Miura. I checked with Miura North America VP and he says no. Mr Miura claims he did not work with Macgregor at that time. He has worked with Macgregor in the past, but did not forge these irons. I was wondering if this is accurate, since everyone here seems confident that they are indeed Miura forged.

Either way, they are great clubs with a fantastic soft feel. They look very similar to the CB301's. Probably one of the nicest looking sets of irons ever made.

[attachment=207134:pcb.jpg][/quote]
Problem is, what answer would you expect them to give? Being there are still quite a few of these sets floating in circulation, the VP doesn't want to steer people to $180 used sets and not promote their newest heads.
They are very tasty Miura-forged sticks. I'd still have my set but the lead edges on them were way too sharp for me and wanted to dig in our soft midwest conditions.

[quote name='mr_divots' post='863142' date='Jan 14 2008, 07:44 AM'][quote name='ballgofar72' post='862002' date='Jan 13 2008, 02:11 PM']I have seen several assertions here that the Macgregor PCB Tours from 98-00 were forged by Miura. I checked with Miura North America VP and he says no. Mr Miura claims he did not work with Macgregor at that time. He has worked with Macgregor in the past, but did not forge these irons. I was wondering if this is accurate, since everyone here seems confident that they are indeed Miura forged.

Problem is, what answer would you expect them to give? Being there are still quite a few of these sets floating in circulation, the VP doesn't want to steer people to $180 used sets and not promote their newest heads.
They are very tasty Miura-forged sticks. I'd still have my set but the lead edges on them were way too sharp for me and wanted to dig in our soft midwest conditions.
[/quote]
for a $180 bucks.....I'd find a grinder and solve that! :)

[quote name='Metalhead' post='863151' date='Jan 14 2008, 09:52 AM'][quote name='mr_divots' post='863142' date='Jan 14 2008, 07:44 AM'][quote name='ballgofar72' post='862002' date='Jan 13 2008, 02:11 PM']I have seen several assertions here that the Macgregor PCB Tours from 98-00 were forged by Miura. I checked with Miura North America VP and he says no. Mr Miura claims he did not work with Macgregor at that time. He has worked with Macgregor in the past, but did not forge these irons. I was wondering if this is accurate, since everyone here seems confident that they are indeed Miura forged.

[/quote]
for a $180 bucks.....I'd find a grinder and solve that! :(
[/quote]
Yes, well sometimes its best to leave them well enough alone and sell for a slight profit as well. My set was $120, but $180 seems like the starting point now since the word has gotten out about these. :)

I have a set of these, and the first time I hit them I fell in love with the feel.
I have the 3 forged wedges that came out at the same time too - v grooves and all.

They were my first forged club, and converted me completely. The only problem with them is they are just a tad better than I am :) and not the most forgiving of sloppy swings. I have moved on but they set the standard for clean look and sweet feel that I still look for.

Cheers
Erik

• 12 years later...
On 1/14/2008 at 8:50 AM, itsaboutfeel said:

I have a set of these, and the first time I hit them I fell in love with the feel.
I have the 3 forged wedges that came out at the same time too - v grooves and all.

They were my first forged club, and converted me completely. The only problem with them is they are just a tad better than I am and not the most forgiving of sloppy swings. I have moved on but they set the standard for clean look and sweet feel that I still look for.

Cheers
Erik

Sorry to bring up an old thread.  But miura also said he didn’t make tigers Nike’s. And the current vp of miura USA would honestly probably have no idea what happened in 2000 (I would definitely research and know if I had the job- and I’d definitely tell people they aren’t miura forged- because these sets go for the price of a single or maybe 2 new miura clubs)