2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New P790 Black

They look great, i have the Originals. I need the 6 iron and not happy you have to buy then all. They are super nice looking. 

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Just now, Lefty87 said:

Posted this in the other thread. They are available in lefty, which is awesome. My question is, how is the west on the black PVD finish? I’ve seen some pictures, and all they used ones look rough. 

I'm not sure honestly. I think you're on track though with the wear on them over time. I've seen others with PVD and like you said, it's not pretty. But I will say on mine, which is not PVD, it's only the face and the sole, the back and top, hotel, etc look clean. Which I'm okay with. Obviously the face is not the same. 

6 minutes ago, gevans24 said:

I'm not sure honestly. I think you're on track though with the wear on them over time. I've seen others with PVD and like you said, it's not pretty. But I will say on mine, which is not PVD, it's only the face and the sole, the back and top, hotel, etc look clean. Which I'm okay with. Obviously the face is not the same. 

Yours are not PVD?

3 hours ago, gevans24 said:

I did try and buy just the 3 iron online but TM will not let you get the 3i without getting the 4-P.

*But if anyone out there can get the 3i by itself let me know!

A decent local fitter should be able to get you individual irons if they have a TM account. I'd imagine blended sets are very popular.

• Thanks 1

I knew it I knew it. I sold my original P790's last year and bought the KING COBRA TOUR MIM irons which are amazing but I'm drooling over these. If I didn't already have a set and was looking for a new set it would be either these or the Srixon ZX7's. Now the big question is would the finish wear off quickly as that would be the only con I would think these would have

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

2 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

I knew it I knew it. I sold my original P790's last year and bought the KING COBRA TOUR MIM irons which are amazing but I'm drooling over these. If I didn't already have a set and was looking for a new set it would be either these or the Srixon ZX7's. Now the big question is would the finish wear off quickly as that would be the only con I would think these would have

Hahahahah man I know! I'm the same as you, I play the 750's. I can work them more and like the profile but man these are nice. I posted above my 3i 790 black and from what I've read it's the same finish on the new ones. I've had that one about a year....the face is going wear obviously but the rest of the club is in great condition considering how much I use it.

It would be easier if these were merged...

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

12 hours ago, Tiptx1122 said:

I have to rephrase what I said earlier as I have an amazing set of KING COBRA TOUR MIM irons now as I would go for the cooper version of them after seeing them and then it would be a toss up on which one I would want, probably the Black P790's

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 5:31 PM, chip75 said:

A decent local fitter should be able to get you individual irons if they have a TM account. I'd imagine blended sets are very popular.

No they can’t. They only gave each territory a limited number of full sets 3-P.   And they all went within the first days.   

But they are not like other models where you can pick and choose your set makeup ir combo with others. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

12 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

No they can’t. They only gave each territory a limited number of full sets 3-P.   And they all went within the first days.   

But they are not like other models where you can pick and choose your set makeup ir combo with others. 

I believe you are able to remove the 3...at least you can through TM’s website. Also, the local fitters may have stock sets in store, but they are still able to order them direct from TM. 

10 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

I believe you are able to remove the 3...at least you can through TM’s website. Also, the local fitters may have stock sets in store, but they are still able to order them direct from TM. 

You may actually be right about the 3. I don’t know how many ordered them for stock.  The supply to dealers was very limited from what i was told. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

13 minutes ago, Back9cgs said:

I ordered the 3iron (LH) and it arrived yesterday, so you can just get the 3 iron. However there is a good chance they no longer have the stock at this point. I ordered the day they came out a few weeks ago.

Good Hitting!

Man just tried to go online and snag a 3 only RH and it wasn't letting me. Maybe since you're a lefty they're willing to allow the 3i to be sold by itself. 

6 hours ago, Back9cgs said:

Only 5-PW is now available in lefty so I assume individual clubs are no longer available.

One of the reasons I was hesitant to purchase them was because I have no use for the 4 iron. As soon as I saw they were offering 5-A, I jumped on it. Estimated ship date of 6-14. Ugh. 

Edited by Lefty87

3 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

One of the reasons I was hesitant to purchase them was because I have no use for the 4 iron. As soon as I saw they were offering 5-A, I jumped on it. Estimated ship date of 6-14. Ugh. 

I think as time goes on they'll start selling individual ones but for now they're gonna make what they can on full or mostly full sets

Saw these in person at Roger Dunn.  The 790s have never been on my radar, but THE BLACK ONES LOOK SO SICK.  I hope they come out with the 770s in black.  That would be an instabuy for me.  

Callaway Epic Max LS 9 degrees - Ventus Blue 5S
Sim Max 3HL 16.5 - Ventus Red 6S

Callaway Apex UW @21 - Ventus Red 7s
Titleist TS2 4H @23 - Ventus blue 8s
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G- Nippon 950GH
Titleist SM8 54, 60
Bettinardi Queen Bee 6 - Stability Shaft

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 - Stability Tour

Just thought I'd post this info for anyone interested in this set. I emailed TM a couple days back asking if it would be possible to order just the AW (right-handed) in the p790 black (was planning on ordering a stock set through an online retailer). They replied saying that it's not possible, and that currently only 5-pw (with a choice to add an AW) was available, because they were sold out of the 3 and 4 irons. They also mentioned that once these sets are gone, they are gone. They will not be restocked, as they were a limited edition run. 

I then proceed to email back asking how I could purchase the 5-PW + AW since it wasn't giving me that option on the website (wouldn't allow me to uncheck the 4 iron). He replied earlier today that they have taken off the p790 black from the website because they have sold through their inventory (I confirmed, it is no longer listed on their website). 

So from the looks of it, if anyone is on the fence about buying a set, should probably buy it from one of the online retailers that still have them in stock. I proceeded to buy a set from Rock Bottom Golf as they are close to me, they've already shipped out, and are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I also believe TGW still has some inventory left of the stock set (4-PW, stiff shaft). 

8 hours ago, raheelc said:

Just thought I'd post this info for anyone interested in this set. I emailed TM a couple days back asking if it would be possible to order just the AW (right-handed) in the p790 black (was planning on ordering a stock set through an online retailer). They replied saying that it's not possible, and that currently only 5-pw (with a choice to add an AW) was available, because they were sold out of the 3 and 4 irons. They also mentioned that once these sets are gone, they are gone. They will not be restocked, as they were a limited edition run. 

I then proceed to email back asking how I could purchase the 5-PW + AW since it wasn't giving me that option on the website (wouldn't allow me to uncheck the 4 iron). He replied earlier today that they have taken off the p790 black from the website because they have sold through their inventory (I confirmed, it is no longer listed on their website). 

So from the looks of it, if anyone is on the fence about buying a set, should probably buy it from one of the online retailers that still have them in stock. I proceeded to buy a set from Rock Bottom Golf as they are close to me, they've already shipped out, and are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I also believe TGW still has some inventory left of the stock set (4-PW, stiff shaft). 

I noticed this as well. Already sold out through TM. Like raheelc said, if you’re on the fence, you better snag a stock set from one of the online retailers right now... last call for these. 

8 hours ago, raheelc said:

Jealous that you’ll have your set today...I still have a mid June delivery date 😔