Didnt see any discussion on these. So I thought I would post it. Composite putter shafts are not a new thing but this seems to be an interesting take. 

Three separate flex profiles based on your stroke. It seems that everyone else is going as stiff and as low torque as possible. No idea what the torque is in these but I am interested. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN74R5_l--Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few weeks ago David Orr (www.flatstickacademy.com) and I were discussing putters and putter shafts over the phone.  David's opinion is that  OEM's have 'neutered' the feel of putters making them hea

Here  Correct. This is listed on the website also: https://fujikuragolf.com/irons/mc-putter   I have attached some photos of the opposite side of the shaft to show you the clean add

I am getting 1 of each very soon so I will let you know how they compare to the previous MC Putter shaft. I like the look and willing to bet they will feel solid

Posted Images

3 hours ago, rkelso184 said:

way to many decals for me. I love just plain nice putter shafts like the LA 

I like the LAGP putter shafts as well.  It's too bad they go for 400 a pop retail.  A bit too steep for my liking. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

4 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Didnt see any discussion on these. So I thought I would post it. Composite putter shafts are not a new thing but this seems to be an interesting take. 

Three separate flex profiles based on your stroke. It seems that everyone else is going as stiff and as low torque as possible. No idea what the torque is in these but I am interested. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN74R5_l--Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I’ve tried the middle flex of these in a fitters that I knows personal putter.  Really feels nice.  Reminded me of the accra line of graphite putter shafts.  

• Like 1

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

5 hours ago, rkelso184 said:

I'd imagine they'd make the shaft graphics like BGT does with the Stability Shaft - the graphics are only on one side of the shaft, so it's very easy to line it up so that the graphics run down the back of the shaft and not visible at address.

• Like 3

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5 deg

Callaway Mavrik 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

These look great, and I am sure Fuji nailed the feel with all of them, Interesting that torque is lower on the softest profile. Will definitely try to get my hands on one to try, likely the firm or x firm. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G425 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G425 19* Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX 
Srixon Z Forged 4-GW Steelfiber i95  
Cleveland ZipCore 54/58 DG TI Spinner 
PXG Gen 2 Operator Stability Tour 
ProV1X Left Dash / Tour BX

35 minutes ago, endy said:

These look great, and I am sure Fuji nailed the feel with all of them, Interesting that torque is lower on the softest profile. Will definitely try to get my hands on one to try, likely the firm or x firm. 

I was thinking the same. I would want to try the x firm I think... But I honestly dont know..

• Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

Will be interesting to see if more fitters start incorporating things like the SAM and other devises as this market expands.  

Also looking forward to comments on why would I spend an extra $250 on club I only hit 30 times a round.

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

I am getting 1 of each very soon so I will let you know how they compare to the previous MC Putter shaft. I like the look and willing to bet they will feel solid

Of course you are.. lol.. I am always jealous when I listen to your podcast..  These look great to me.. I think the black with dark lettering is pretty subtle while still having some pop.. 

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

Accra has a similar concept in putter shafts with three different versions. 

My issue with these standard style graphite putter shafts besides the Stability shaft is that they only fit straight in and won't fit an over the stem type.

Unless you use one of these, but not sure if i like the look: https://store.billybobsgolf.com/product/billy-bobs-cmx-graphite-putter-shaft-adaptor/

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Unless you use one of these, but not sure if i like the look: https://store.billybobsgolf.com/product/billy-bobs-cmx-graphite-putter-shaft-adaptor/

I wonder how those work with double and single bend shafts. The images look like they work with center shafted, or straight shaft installs. They need other bends and I am in!

1785212142_CJPSignatureV2.png.8a958a3abbd6c7ef38ba6ca84d08fb97.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify

1 minute ago, knudson81 said:

I wonder how those work with double and single bend shafts. The images look like they work with center shafted, or straight shaft installs. They need other bends and I am in!

Yeah, the Billy Bob's adapter won't work with the single/double bend, only straight shafts with putters that have a stem on them.

An adapter for a single or double bend putter sounds like a @spryevo project

19 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I was thinking the same. I would want to try the x firm I think... But I honestly dont know..

21 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

My frail ego defaults to x firm.  Wonder how these profiles compare to a stock steel putter shaft.  Thinking feel/feedback will be king here.  Would love to be proved wrong with data.  

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

12 minutes ago, getair23 said:

My frail ego defaults to x firm.  Wonder how these profiles compare to a stock steel putter shaft.  Thinking feel/feedback will be king here.  Would love to be proved wrong with data.  

With putter shafts, it seems there should be way less ego at play. Your not looking for the lowest launching lowest spinning putter shaft. These truly seem like it would be a pure stroke based idea. I think of someone that may have a short'ish stroke with a bit of hit to it wanting the X stiff and someone with a longer more rhythmic stroke fitting into something softer. But I dont know for sure.. and fitting is part art part science and does not always play out according to numbers. 

• Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

Definitely something I may be interested in but not many putter heads I play now that can accept these shafts unless I start buying mid slants. 

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread

So far in my testing I have yet to see a putter shaft make a bit of difference.  I've tried them all and went on SAM putt lab and only saw ball speed changes and not for the better IMO.  $400 for a putter shaft from LA Golf is laughable.  I like the matte finish and color of these but it's a putter shaft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

31 minutes ago, J13 said:

So far in my testing I have yet to see a putter shaft make a bit of difference.  I've tried them all and went on SAM putt lab and only saw ball speed changes and not for the better IMO.  $400 for a putter shaft from LA Golf is laughable.  I like the matte finish and color of these but it's a putter shaft.

You mean your $400 putter shaft doesn't affect launch conditions as much as your driver shaft at 125MPH? Crazy people think this is gonna be their game changer. Tried both stability putter shafts and all I have to show for it is a $600 loss, which was expected. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, DFS PFD said:

You mean your $400 putter shaft doesn't affect launch conditions as much as your driver shaft at 125MPH? Crazy people think this is gonna be their game changer. Tried both stability putter shafts and all I have to show for it is a $600 loss, which was expected. 

Some people call the Auto Flex shaft snake oil but I consider BGT Stability, Stroke Lab and LA Golf putter shafts as snake oil. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

Some people call the Auto Flex shaft snake oil but I consider BGT Stability, Stroke Lab and LA Golf putter shafts as snake oil. 

I do too, Autoflexx is just a recycled take on a longer shaft that is more flexible. Labeling it XXXXXXXXX while being relatively "whippy" isn't a innovative concept IMO. I'm sure many will disagree, but that's okay. Ventus has been the first real proven concept to me, and I'll stick with it for a long time at this rate. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, DFS PFD said:

I agree to some extent that "gains" in a putter shaft are minimal to none existent. I just think its cool and I like to see technology at play. I have not been willing as of yet to take the plunge on one as I have not been convinced of the merits. I think under a microscope and in a vacuum you can see numbers that point to a benefit. Out in the real world on various putting surfaces and dealing with lots of other factors. I think a lot or all of those benefits disappear really quick. 

That being said. I still think this is cool and I would like to try one. 

• Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

With putter shafts, it seems there should be way less ego at play. Your not looking for the lowest launching lowest spinning putter shaft. These truly seem like it would be a pure stroke based idea. I think of someone that may have a short'ish stroke with a bit of hit to it wanting the X stiff and someone with a longer more rhythmic stroke fitting into something softer. But I dont know for sure.. and fitting is part art part science and does not always play out according to numbers. 

correct in regards to the stroke types and MC putter models that would align with those. As these are a new product still, we will be continuing to get feedback from fitters and golfers and will do our best to share with you guys in hopes it clarifies these unique products and their benefits. I myself am still waiting to get one built up and will provide my feedback ASAP. We just got them in, they are designed and developed by our team in Japan, so we're excited to finally get these out to our dealers!

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Definitely something I may be interested in but not many putter heads I play now that can accept these shafts unless I start buying mid slants. 

Yes, this is a bummer for sure and we're working with our Japan team on some solutions to work with a wider range of putters.

47 minutes ago, J13 said:

We know ours at $250 is also no bargain compared to steel, but these are quite unique products with some complex material layups (the metal and rubber composites) that drive the cost up. These are niche for sure! They give milled putters an incredibly nice, softer feel. And the 3 flexes give golfers an option to match their stroke. Honestly, don't count out the smooth and firm until you try it...it's a strange feeling at first, but there's something to it! With the original MC putter shafts introduced a few years ago, the softer flex outsold the firmer flex in Japan!

• Like 1

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Here 

2 hours ago, scottyc15 said:

Don't hold me to this, but I believe I saw a $250 price point via Fuji in their IG comments.

Correct. This is listed on the website also: https://fujikuragolf.com/irons/mc-putter

17 hours ago, rkelso184 said:

I have attached some photos of the opposite side of the shaft to show you the clean address view. 

MC-PUTTER_FIRM115_ura.jpg

MC-PUTTER_SMOOTH115_ura.jpg

MC-PUTTER_X-FIRM115_ura.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

17 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I agree to some extent that "gains" in a putter shaft are minimal to none existent. I just think its cool and I like to see technology at play. I have not been willing as of yet to take the plunge on one as I have not been convinced of the merits. I think under a microscope and in a vacuum you can see numbers that point to a benefit. Out in the real world on various putting surfaces and dealing with lots of other factors. I think a lot or all of those benefits disappear really quick. 

That being said. I still think this is cool and I would like to try one. 

Placebo is extremely real and effective, if you believe in it, it will almost undoubtedly work to a degree. Just disregard my nonsense. Lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DFS PFD said:

Placebo is extremely real and effective, if you believe in it, it will almost undoubtedly work to a degree. Just disregard my nonsense. Lol  

I feel ya man. I have been a skeptic when it comes to putter shaft tech. But, I still remain very curious and always think "but what if".. But I totally agree on the autoflex. I will stick with the Ventus. It is the best thing going. Just look at the tour adoption. At the masters it seemed like ever player had a ventus of some kind in play.. I have 4 haha. 

• Like 2

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

50 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Yes, this is a bummer for sure and we're working with our Japan team on some solutions to work with a wider range of putters.

Definitely would be nice for a lot of people especially single bend and double bend users. For me being mainly flow necks as mentioned I can always buy a putter with a mid slant and take advantage of the hosel cup. 

Also not sure how QC would be on various tip sizes. I know you guys have quality products but seems easier to make a .370 tip bang on exact each time. 

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread