2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Fujikura MC Putter shafts

QuigleyDU

12 minutes ago, foamhead said:

You aint wrong but doesnt Callaway offer an OEM stabilizer option?

The strokelab is not primarily about stabilization. it is about balance. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 minutes ago, foamhead said:

Interesting, did not know that, I assumed it was their version of a stabilizer 

while there is some stabilization benefit. That is not the purpose. The purpose was balance. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Listened to the clubjunkie pod, They sound awesome. No idea which I would like the best. I of course like the idea of the X firm but I dont know.. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

3 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Listened to the clubjunkie pod, They sound awesome. No idea which I would like the best. I of course like the idea of the X firm but I dont know.. 

I'm in the same boat, but it seems the putter head would make a bit of difference as well. Thinking a firmer feeling putter with the firm or softer shaft would mate well, as well as a softer insert type putter with the x firm. All a guessing game I suppose until we can try them haha. 

Any one know if these would possibly fit Scotty's? Especially the Phantom 5.5 2021? 

Tried getting the KBS CT for the Phantom but said the tip won't fit....

-----

WITB

Titleist TSi3 8* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 70 TX

Titleist TSi2 15* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 80 TX

Titleist U500 3i Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX or Titleist TSi2 18* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" PVD 6.5 80G

Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 7.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 50F(51)/56M(55)/60T

Scotty Cameron (TBD)

Titleist ProV1

I ordered a Firm.... should have it ready to go next weekend. Going into my 345g blade, 33'' with a golf pride tour traditional grip. I saw on the Fuji YT channel the X firm plays something like 600CPM (I assume with a standard ~350g head) which is like 2x as stiff as a regular steel putter shaft. Seemed excessive to me and is maybe more meant for guys who play really heavy heads?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Z1ggy16 said:

I ordered a Firm.... should have it ready to go next weekend. Going into my 345g blade, 33'' with a golf pride tour traditional grip. I saw on the Fuji YT channel the X firm plays something like 600CPM (I assume with a standard ~350g head) which is like 2x as stiff as a regular steel putter shaft. Seemed excessive to me and is maybe more meant for guys who play really heavy heads?

Below I am reposting the CPM numbers the Fuji rep posted. X firm doesn’t feel super stiff to me and I have it on a 350g head. The firm is about like steel on CPM measurement but I wanted one that felt tighter. Remember, these Fuji shafts have metal and rubber composite in them so I’m not sure it will feel the same as a steel shaft with similar CPM. I would say this is an interesting shaft you have to try to know, it is hard to compare it off specs due to the different materials. I would even like to roll the soft one to see how it feels. 

Smooth - 307 CPM
Firm - 454
X-Firm - 607

Steel is in the 425-450  range

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 4/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, knudson81 said:

I wonder how those work with double and single bend shafts. The images look like they work with center shafted, or straight shaft installs. They need other bends and I am in!

Yeah. With a MXM#7 double bend, I'm SOL on this one. Been looking for a shaft replacement for mine since the black is wearing off in spots on the shaft. 

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

3 hours ago, endy said:

That looks stealthy with that Betti, nice setup right there! Any comparison to LAGP ?

No, have not tried the LAGP. 

Thanks on the Betti. First Anser-style I have rolled in years and I am enjoying it. It is right in between the depth of an Anser and an Odyssey 1W, and the feel of the subtle milling with this shaft is sweet. I had switched to a mallet in search of the always-stable stroke, but I actually find this one far easier to aim and judge speed with, and since I switched to a Stricker-type putting grip and got my overactive right hand calmed down, I’m putting well again. I am impressed by the BB8W. Very clean lines. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Hey @Fujikura Golf I have a question. I have an old MC-Prototype 120 shaft laying around that I want to put in something. After hearing the review from @knudson81I could possibly consider these new shafts. But what current shaft would you say that old shaft feels like? Just looking to use it more as a baseline to see if I'd like more or less stiffness. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

33 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

Sorry for the late reply on the MC Putter shafts. I had a big, long review typed up and then closed my browser window... So dumb. So here is the review that lost its way.

These new Fujikura MC Putter shafts are pretty awesome with the amount of tech that they stuffed into them. Making short putter shafts that are heavy and feel good is harder than you think. The typical thinking is to just add more layers of graphite but Fujikura found that the extra layers of graphite take away some of the feel. The solution is a steel rod in the tip section, a copper layer in the handle, and a rubber layer that runs the length of the shaft. The steel rod in the tip section is there for swingweight as well as adding stability to the shaft. The copper in the handle again adds weight to the shaft while enhancing the feedback at impact. There is finally a rubber layer that runs the length of shaft to reduce unwanted vibration and offer a soft feel. The tip section was also designed to fit as many putters as it can. They made the MC Putter tip section .355 taper and if you trim off a little more than 1/2" it is then a .370 parallel shaft. That way you can fit just about any plumbers neck putter with an MC. 

Smooth: This is the shaft I was most intrigued with when I received them. It definitely has the most flex in it and is easily flexed in your hands. The Smooth felt the softest and really had great feedback on all length putts. You can feel the shaft flex on any putt over 3ft but the amazing thing is that the head never went off target. The accuracy was always spot on, the ball always starting on the intended line. Distance control was really easy to dial in and very repeatable, even on long lag putts. For a player with a long putting stroke and smooth tempo this shaft should give amazing feel and accuracy.

Firm: This shaft is designed to have the closest stiffness and feel to a traditional steel shaft. To me that shaft feels a little firmer to tradition steel putter shafts, closer to some of the heavier aftermarket steel shafts when you flex it by hand. For most mid to short putts you don't feel the shaft move at all during the swing and with the long putts you feel some minimal flexing. You can feel exactly where the head is throughout the entire stroke and never had a putt feel like the head got away from me. This also gave great soft feel with awesome feedback. It is slightly firmer feeling at impact than the Smooth and has become my favorite of the 3 shafts.

X-Firm: This was the one that I thought I would game before hitting them. Stiff is an understatement as the CPM number on my shaft read 608 and it takes a TON of force to try and bend it in your hands. The putter head stay exactly where it is through the entire stroke and if you have a job type move this shaft should really help with consistency. The feel is the most crisp out of the 3 and it even has a slightly louder audible click at impact. Distance control and accuracy are spot on as you would think with such a stout shaft, but even some slight mishits seem to stay online really well.

IMG_1401.jpeg.5ca73fe5d56a8117d3c1101cdacc4c6e.jpeg

IMG_1398.jpeg.d01e25637db00b86d86300265246aead.jpeg

IMG_1400.jpeg.c130870a3c4284281b57531d178ffdc3.jpeg

IMG_1399.jpeg.7875b31cb4bbe7a05451475e480ef22c.jpeg

IMG_1402.jpeg.1f0db9c0a1cbe7c7ab6ddffcab42ec55.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg.4afab437923fae1b401c9f575ea25b49.jpeg

Hmm... I am going to have to get one of these. Better priced than other composite putter shafts. Just need to think about which model to try. Thanks for the info. Will probably be hitting up the peoples club at some point about one of these.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Just messaged my Local Custom Shop to see if these would if Scottys... I'll send everyone an update here when I hear back...

-----

WITB

Titleist U500 3i Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX or Titleist TSi2 18* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" PVD 6.5 80G

Scotty Cameron (TBD)

Titleist ProV1

18 hours ago, humps said:

Just messaged my Local Custom Shop to see if these would if Scottys... I'll send everyone an update here when I hear back...

Should fit any plumbers neck Scotty, but anything with a double bend or flow neck will probably be a no.

• Like 1

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

10 hours ago, knudson81 said:

Should fit any plumbers neck Scotty, but anything with a double bend or flow neck will probably be a no.

Just confirmed this with my local shop... Would've loved having this in the 2021 Phantom 5.5....

Appreciate it.

-----

WITB

Scotty Cameron (TBD)

Titleist ProV1

Okay so my builder put an xfirm in lol but I got the shaft in today. Initial impressions just based on carpet rolling - it's extremely stiff... Absolutely zero flex or movement in this thing even when I waggled it with a great cover on. However, it really does seem to absorb vibrations as it still felt really nice, almost softer off the club face with my normal ball. Less of a 'tock' and more of a 'thud' if that makes sense. 

I'll be gaming it tomorrow for 18 holes and I'll write a slightly longer review. I still might opt to get a firm installed anyway unless the x firm blows me away. 

• Like 1

anyone know how the firm or X firm compare to the KBS CT Tour?  I have a CT in my putter right now and it's super accurate but can be a tad harsh on some mishits.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

1 hour ago, jokerusn said:

anyone know how the firm or X firm compare to the KBS CT Tour?  I have a CT in my putter right now and it's super accurate but can be a tad harsh on some mishits.

I'll get back to you tomorrow regarding miss hits. I would agree the CT is not pleasant on bad strikes. Stiffness wise just from waggling, the xfirm seems pretty much like total rebar. 

Other builders here could comment on actual cpm measurements between the two but I feel that so far the MC shaft is better feeling than CT Tour.

• Like 3

OK going to give a brief review after one 18 hole round:

The short story: Made my putter feel softer, dampened vibrations and miss hits weren't harsh like they can feel with steel. Will require adjustments due to sound/feel change but overall I recommend you try this shaft.

The good: Feel is very good, I loved how softer my club felt. Not sure if it was literally making impact softer due to less vibration or if it was the sound changed, but it was noticeable because my 303 stainless head just has light milling and was fairly firm on impact with the CT Tour shaft. Toe hits especially felt bad with the KBS. Maybe it was just because I knew this thing was crazy stiff but I thought I felt the club twist less at impact on any poor hits. Almost ever putt I hit today felt nice (even if result wasn't). Also looks great and doesn't cause glare.

The not as good: Now I'm not an amazing player but I've never been a bad putter. I was constantly leaving putts short today. Then I'd over compensate and I'd blow one by thinking I had to hit it much firmer than it needed. Not sure if just a bad day, but I suspect it's because of the softer feel off the face and could take some getting used to. I still want to try the firm (Fuji... would love one sent to me for review if you see this 😉 ) to see if that might net me any different results.

• Like 4

Built up the Smooth shaft into my Scott Monterey head (which used to have the KBS shaft). This shaft definitely enhances feel and even made the clicky left dash ProV1x feel softer (more like the regular ProV1x). 

To get a better sense of some of the face dynamic thru impact I put on the Blast training aid to get some face angle measurements. I don’t have any data to compare to the KBS shaft but I did notice I was leaving the face about 1* open.

I decided to take out the 15g toe weight and put in the 5g weight - this tightened the delivery up to 0.7* open. 

Overall I like the feel and distance control from my indoor putting test. I’ll see how it compares later this week to my Spider EX. 

0637E898-97B4-4B6A-AF07-345F53BD4D60.jpeg

F82C08B2-C666-46CA-8B7B-C31ABE3F16B3.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg