1 callaway driverΒ I would actually play for sureΒ 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60txΒ 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70txΒ 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90xΒ 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125txΒ 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI OnyxΒ 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grindΒ 
Tri-hot double wideΒ 

Where can I get one of those?Β  Always down for a low spin head.Β  Are these sub 460cc?Β  Thanks for the pics and info JC.Β 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Β 

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, chouls19 said:

A driver ( one of many ) not readily available to the general golfing public. I won’t deny it’s great but, mentioned by a lot of people, Callaway has become 2010 TM with tour only product. As I said looks great but it feels like the product in the shop is not up to scratch if there are so many variants on tour

I think the product in the shop is up to scratch, Callaway just realizesΒ that golfers on tour have different needs than the general public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBH9458 said:

Same thing for me generally. Last one I saw was $800. Can’t do that.Β 

Ouch yeah, that's more than I'm willing to pay especially for head only.  The club ho in me says yes.  The wife says hell to the no.  😐

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 2

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Β 

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, AB515 said:

I think the product in the shop is up to scratch, Callaway just realizesΒ that golfers on tour have different needs than the general public.

But the rest of the manufacturers don’t do it to this extent. Ping might make minor adjustments but it’s still close to the retail model if not identical. Same with every other big brand at the moment. When TXG tested the Mav subzero triple diamond πŸ’Ž and the retail version there were obvious performance differences. The tour club was more stable and performed better. Ian Fraser said as much. How many tour players are using the retail head (with obvious lie modifications)? Not a lot from what I ve seen. The new tour only ut iron looks way better than the retail version. I personally think that’s poor from CallawayΒ 

• Like 2

I think I remember Cally's tour issue driver heads becoming cheaper towards the end of the year when the new stuff for the following year is about to be released.Β  Correct me if I'm wrong folks.Β 

Edited by phizzy30

Β 

Β 

Β 

Club Champion offers the Epic Speed TBD.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6XΒ 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degreeΒ w/Accra TZ6 75 M5Β 

Srixon ZX5 4-6Β w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT TourΒ 

12 hours ago, AB515 said:

The problem I have with that is that Callaway is releasing better equipment over the retail heads. I have the Epic Speed Triple Diamond and it’s MILES better in every way over the retail Triple Diamond. All of my testers have felt the same and the results/data show. They’ve done it with the TCB irons, which I think should be their flagship CB. They should get rid of the X Forged and offer the TCB as their main Players CB.Β 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyCallaway said:

Totally understand the argument and had the same questions in regards to Tour heads until I got access to it all. Truth is it’s not that simple. I’ve seen it go south just as quickly as I’ve seen a set up work perfectly. Tour heads are not longer. They aren’t at all. What they are is more tuned in to compliment specific players shot shape needs. So in testing if the heads are sound yes they will perform but I’ve handed my driver to +2’s that couldn’t make it work even with tweaking.Β 

Β 

Big companies can’t and don’t make product release decisions that way. It’s a multi tested/ multi million dollar recipe that is dialed in to satisfy the grand majority of golfers, not just better players and especially not better player gearheads like me. No doubt your tested netted out that way but that’s one confined demo. OEMs have to make decisions for millions of golfers. It’s a recipe built by a machine. And in all honesty, it’s nice knowing if you want a β€œtour head” bad enough you can still get them....the mystique of them is a good portion of the fun.Β 

Β 

Β 

Johnny - What differences have you found between the Mav TD and the Speed TD? Any insight appreciated!Β 

1 hour ago, JohnnyCallaway said:

Totally understand the argument and had the same questions in regards to Tour heads until I got access to it all. Truth is it’s not that simple. I’ve seen it go south just as quickly as I’ve seen a set up work perfectly. Tour heads are not longer. They aren’t at all. What they are is more tuned in to compliment specific players shot shape needs. So in testing if the heads are sound yes they will perform but I’ve handed my driver to +2’s that couldn’t make it work even with tweaking.Β 

Β 

Big companies can’t and don’t make product release decisions that way. It’s a multi tested/ multi million dollar recipe that is dialed in to satisfy the grand majority of golfers, not just better players and especially not better player gearheads like me. No doubt your tested netted out that way but that’s one confined demo. OEMs have to make decisions for millions of golfers. It’s a recipe built by a machine. And in all honesty, it’s nice knowing if you want a β€œtour head” bad enough you can still get them....the mystique of them is a good portion of the fun.Β 

Β 

I appreciate your honesty and reply. The fact that you take time to reply to messages here shows how much you care. While I don’t claim to know the inner workings of big time OEMs, I do know the frustration of some consumers who wish to at least have the chance to test/see the tour heads. I got my ES TD but wish I had the ability to look at a few heads. I have the 9* head but it has a bit more loft than I’d like.Β 
Β 

I’m trying everything I can to get my hands on an 8.5.Β 
Β 

Thanks again for replying. I really do appreciate it.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SMUGamer said:

You could have stopped at, "...WAYYYΒ better on toe strikes." DONE! SOLD! πŸ‘

Β 

Thanks for the insight!Β 

I'll chime in and say I played both the EFSZ and TD as well as Mav SZ and TD, and the Max LS is the equal to the previous TD models but SO forgiving on toe strikes. Forgive me R9 Superdeep, but it's the best driver I've ever used;Β and I've hit almost everything in the last 10 years. Normally I source a TD head but I can't possibly imagine there are many significantΒ gains to be had in this generation...

• Like 3

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

8 minutes ago, jds101086 said:

I'll chime in and say I played both the EFSZ and TD as well as Mav SZ and TD, and the Max LS is the equal to the previous TD models but SO forgiving on toe strikes. Forgive me R9 Superdeep, but it's the best driver I've ever used;Β and I've hit almost everything in the last 10 years. Normally I source a TD head but I can't possibly imagine there are many significantΒ gains to be had in this generation...

Spot on.Β 

• Like 1

Tour heads are obviously not longer Β but I would argue that they’re more stable and the shaping is more refined. The tour UT iron probably performs identical with the retail version but again looks way better and is way more desirable. The Proto fairways look better. If the majority of tour players are playing something the general public can’t access I’m not sure it says a lot about what’s been put out. Having tour only product ( that costs a second mortgage to own) is not a good look imo. Especially as , when tested by world renowned fitters,Β its more stable and provides better numbers. I’m not a fan of the retail ut iron but I d own the tour version in a flash. I think other OEMS do it it better. There’s no clear line between retail and tour ( or at least noticeable difference to the untrained Eye). And this is not meant to be rude or denigrate anyone but Callaway , by showing all these amazing tour only products, have perhaps scored an own goal when consumer finds out they re not readily available. I’m sure people will disagree but I’m adamant that this is a poor show from Callaway.

1 hour ago, jds101086 said:

Β 

So whats the difference between the retail Max LS and the Max LS TD?Β 

41 minutes ago, JohnnyCallaway said:

So you would rather Callaway mass produce Tour heads that a very small % of the golfing community could actually play effectively? As opposed to producing product the grand majority likes, uses, performs well with? You say the Tour heads β€œlook better” for example. To you or many better playerΒ gear enthusiasts sure. Myself included in many cases. Do you know or understand how small of a demo that is? It’s microscopic. I’m proud we lifted the veil, nothing to hide just trying to inform, explain the whys and how’s of the Best players in the world. Tour heads take many forms and versions on every truck or tour dept. Cally makes them available in limited quantities because it’s designed for a limited amount of players. that’s a great thing.Β 
Β 

The club business is a business. I know Mercedes makes race car engines but I’m not bummed at them for not giving me the option to put one in a c-class so I can go 190 on I-10. And if I wanted it and could afford it, I’d understand why it was expensive.Β 
Β 

Most people want to play well...sticking tour heads in their hands isn’t the first idea that pops in my head to make that happen.Β 
Β 

Sorry your bummed.Β 

Well you work for them. But to me it just resembles TM from a few years ago. And I personally don’t think that’s a great look.Β 

I think it's arguable that Callaway put out clubs that have a niche market anyway, not that many average players are going to game blades or low spin sub 460cc drivers, although they're far more playable than a few years back. To some "TOUR ONLY" seems like a bit of laissez faire, an excuse to add dollars to an already limited product. There's also the problem with some consumers knowing that Callaway have some manufacturing issues in the past few years with their balls and it niggles them that they might not be getting the most out of their retail equipment, "They save the good stuff for the tour trucks!".

Β 

But it's a tough one, folks may want tour-issue clubs and we could argue that OEMs should crank out a set number for sale to the public, but some of them are so specific that they're tailormade to just one player and may go out of the bag in a heartbeat after a few swing changes. Like custom wedge grinds, they're not better just unique, it's like aspiring to wear your buddies custom pants when their legs are six inches longer.

Β 

At the end of the day the average player doesn't even know that these clubs exist, they'll spot a funky Cameron in play on TV, but have no idea about dozens of different balls and driver heads that they can't get their hands on. There's also the case of not buying clubs that don't work for you because you're loyal to a brand, if you can't get the numbers, shape or feel with the clubs you can buy, let the reps and OEM know, take your money elsewhere.

I saw 2 of these at the local store last night. Β I could not really tell the difference between the regular and LS models at first glance. Β The shape sure reminded me of the Mavrik triple diamonds. Β I did not have time to hit them but might get a chance today.

Titleist TSR4 8* Β Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist