Lob Wedge or No-Lob Wedge

3 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

We're different in when to use loft, but I agree.  A Chip is not a Pitch and my chipping stroke and putter stroke are relatively the same.  Too often people confuse the two.  On the apron to a tight pin 12-15' away on fast greens, I use my 58' leading edge and hit above the equator of the ball or using putting grip/stroke lifting the heel to chip with the toe, which allows me to control distance and spin.  The difference between a chip and pitch for me is measured by how far into the green the ball lands and runs. 

A few weeks back ball was 10' off the front apron of a large green, multiple undulations and pin located on small section in the upper left back.  Throwing the ball to the back level wasn't wise due to speed of green.  Two things could happen; ball could easily run off the back or check and spin backwards down to the middle of the green.  I used PW, and hit a low pitch into the middle of the green hitting the 2nd undulation, it released and run nicely up the 5' elevated section and finished 3' from the pin, saved par.  I call that a little pitch because it carried so far into the green and ran a comparable length.

Exactly the way I play them.  I pitch is different from a chip in that a pitch is a much fuller swing.  Chip is generally right around the green a short putting type stroke with an iron.  In my game anywhere fro a 6 iron to a SW.  I no longer carry 4 or 5 irons...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're not mentally disciplined enough to use another club when another club is needed, then by all means toss your lob wedge out of the bag. By the same reasoning, maybe take your fairway woods ou

A Lob Wedge is a tool. If you need THAT TOOL, then you should carry one. If you don't, then you shouldn't. I played for years with a 56° wedge as my highest loft. I could hit soft flop shots with it a

When I began playing golf the lob wedge wasn’t a thing. It was just starting to pop up here and there. Most players at that time had the highest lofted wedge at about 55-56*. If you wanted a lob wedge

Posted Images

I play a mid-bounce 60 degree Vokey and it's my go to for short sided chips and anything inside 65 yards. I dont find that the margin of error is any higher than with a 56* wedge.  I believe that more loft is a positive so the player doesn't need to manipulate his swing or do something outside his comfort level when needing to get the ball up.a bit quicker. 

It's hard to compare these things because for those of us who don't shaft lean a bunch, 54 is lots of loft. If you lean just 6 degrees more, which is 1/5th of an hour on a clock, that same thing is a 60.

For me, I don't lean hard, so my 54 takes most work. My 58 is there for short side stuff, deep bunkers, etc., but the better I've become, the less I use it. The full shot 58 is now out of my rep because it just sucks for dispersion.

Now if I was a leaner, none of this would make sense. I'd be telling you about how I have a 62 and I use it for everything around the green, etc… 

If you consider how easy it is to put 4 more or 4 fewer degrees of loft on a head with just hands forward or hands back, you'd find that most of these comparisons of who uses what wedge aren't helpful from person to person. We talk about conditions, bounce, etc., but all of those factors are a result of how you play wedges… the rest follows your style/hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

410LST 8º, 2h 15.5º, 3h 20º, 210 4i, Blueprint s400ti, forged 50/54/58, fetch with breakthrough shaft. First par round 4 Oct 2020.

I started playing before 60* wedges came along, so have always been comfortable opening up a 55*-56*.  I then carried 56* and 60* for a number of years and always found the 60* a very niche club that was a bit hit and miss.  I often found myself asking if i could have achieved a similar result with an open faced 56*.  Last year I changed from a 60* to a 58* as my highest lofted wedge (both Vokey). I was surprised at the difference in how they play. The 58* plays just like a weaker 56* for me and the 54* gives me additional options for longer bunker shots, full shots, and lofted chips.

Driver: Callaway XR16 10.5* @ 9.5*N Speeder 565R
3 Wood: Callaway X2Hot 15* Aldila Tour Blue R
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 19* Stock R
Utility Iron: Srixon Z U45 23* @ 22* Miyasaki Blue 7R
Irons: Srixon Z565 5-PW NS Pro Modus3 105R
GW: Cleveland RTX3 Raw 50* @ 49* NS Pro Modus Wedge
SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 Black 54* M Grind DG Wedge
LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 Black 58* M Grind DG Wedge
Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX7
Ball: Srixon Z Star/Titleist Pro V1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, bvanlieu said:

You can check out a bunch of winter conversations on this. threads that discuss 2 s 3 wedges, or 3 vs 4 often go there as do you want a 60, stop at 57/58 yada yada yada.

Some folks like to master 1, others use several wedges. 

I personally really enjoy my PM grind 60 and have gamed for several years. Its only short coming is launching a bit high for full shots compared to some other 60's I have. I used to do everything < 50 with my 60 but have worked on other clubs to offer more consistency based on lie and conditions (why de-loft the 60 to pitch and run, use your 56 or 50) kind of thing.

I found a PM 60 on the course last year and couldn't resist trying it out on a couple chips.  It's not for me.  It's an advanced tool and I keep the face square or just slightly open. 

My problem with the lob wedge is that I come up short every time.  Have a mental thing about swinging hard enough for short shots.  The LW is a great tool if you can master it.  It's a liability if you're not competent with it.  A bad shot with a LW can be a lot worse than a bad shot with a SW or GW.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

It's hard to compare these things because for those of us who don't shaft lean a bunch, 54 is lots of loft. If you lean just 6 degrees more, which is 1/5th of an hour on a clock, that same thing is a 60.

For me, I don't lean hard, so my 54 takes most work. My 58 is there for short side stuff, deep bunkers, etc., but the better I've become, the less I use it. The full shot 58 is now out of my rep because it just sucks for dispersion.

Now if I was a leaner, none of this would make sense. I'd be telling you about how I have a 62 and I use it for everything around the green, etc… 

If you consider how easy it is to put 4 more or 4 fewer degrees of loft on a head with just hands forward or hands back, you'd find that most of these comparisons of who uses what wedge aren't helpful from person to person. We talk about conditions, bounce, etc., but all of those factors are a result of how you play wedges… the rest follows your style/hands.

I was going to post a similar comment myself. 

I don't really intend to have my hands way ahead of the ball at impact but, intended or not, it's a tendency I have. Using something like a 54-degree wedge on shots that need to fly over a bunker and stop quickly puts a lot of pressure on me to present the full loft at impact and that pressure manifests as a flip (very bad on a 20-yard pitch shot). I'm better off having the lob wedge because it will do fine if my hands are a bit forward.

One of the older guys I play with is very consistent and accurate with those 20, 30, 40 yard shots. He plays those with a sand wedge but very fully releases his hands even on very short ones. The clubhead is actually passing his hands at impact so the ball goes really high with a 56-degree. Doesn't get much spin but tons of height. If I tried that I'd be topping, chunking, skulling and plain old yipping most of the time but he's done that his whole life and really has no need for a LW.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LeoLeo99 said:

A bad shot with a LW can be a lot worse than a bad shot with a SW or GW.  

I guess part of the disconnect in these threads is whether this statement is true of your game or not. For my part, I've never observed that tendency at all.

Aside from specific lob wedge models that don't work for me (Ping Eye2 anyone?) in general I've always found a 58 or 60 degree wedge to have about the same odds of good/bad/disaster shots as a 54 or 58 degree wedge. 

My predominant misses with any wedge are hitting it fat (pretty often) or catching it in the equator (not as often but boy it's a disaster when it happens). But that's true of a GW and to a certain extent even a PW. 

But if I could avoid disaster shots by simply using my SW instead of my LW, sure I'd do it. Same reason I don't carry a 3-wood, any club with 14-15 degrees of loft and a 43"+ shaft is going to generate tons of awful shots for me although I know some people who find a 3w very useful and not at all "dangerous". 

12 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I was going to post a similar comment myself. 

I don't really intend to have my hands way ahead of the ball at impact but, intended or not, it's a tendency I have. Using something like a 54-degree wedge on shots that need to fly over a bunker and stop quickly puts a lot of pressure on me to present the full loft at impact and that pressure manifests as a flip (very bad on a 20-yard pitch shot). I'm better off having the lob wedge because it will do fine if my hands are a bit forward.

One of the older guys I play with is very consistent and accurate with those 20, 30, 40 yard shots. He plays those with a sand wedge but very fully releases his hands even on very short ones. The clubhead is actually passing his hands at impact so the ball goes really high with a 56-degree. Doesn't get much spin but tons of height. If I tried that I'd be topping, chunking, skulling and plain old yipping most of the time but he's done that his whole life and really has no need for a LW.

8 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I guess part of the disconnect in these threads is whether this statement is true of your game or not. For my part, I've never observed that tendency at all.

Aside from specific lob wedge models that don't work for me (Ping Eye2 anyone?) in general I've always found a 58 or 60 degree wedge to have about the same odds of good/bad/disaster shots as a 54 or 58 degree wedge. 

My predominant misses with any wedge are hitting it fat (pretty often) or catching it in the equator (not as often but boy it's a disaster when it happens). But that's true of a GW and to a certain extent even a PW. 

But if I could avoid disaster shots by simply using my SW instead of my LW, sure I'd do it. Same reason I don't carry a 3-wood, any club with 14-15 degrees of loft and a 43"+ shaft is going to generate tons of awful shots for me although I know some people who find a 3w very useful and not at all "dangerous". 

I'm a bit of a flipper, especially with the more lofted clubs and I struggle with dynamic loft consistency.  Therefore, the more lofted the wedge, the more inconsistent I get with distance and trajectory control.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LeoLeo99 said:

A bad shot with a LW can be a lot worse than a bad shot with a SW or GW.  

I disagree with this statement, based on shot result. 

For example, I use 58' LW to hit to a back pin on an elevated section, and it doesn't stick, it likely comes backward down the slope leaving a long putt, but it's still on the green putting.  It's not nearly as likely to bounce forward and off the back into what may be ugly, like I've seen happen with SW and GW.  And when LW comes backward, because of loft spin influence, it doesn't come back nearly as far or fast as an SW or GW loft would. 

LW takes much more practice partly because it's a spin control club, vs SW or GW impart less spin on the ball over the same distance, so they tend to run out more.  I am wristy (similar to flipper) but very controlled. 

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei AV White "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei AV White "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • Dash-ProV1x, AVX, ProV1

Been overseas for long term job for the past 5 years and as usual, I bring a half set of clubs to save weight. In it was a 56o wedge,  which worked well and I would not want to have less in the bag. But now I am back home I have my 60o again and must say I use it a lot for "don't have green to play with" shots but kind of anything from about 40m.

Except when nothing blocks my line, for short chips I use a 50o AW for little chip n runs (I don'thave any wedge between these 2). So yes, happy to have a 60o in the bag.

If I were to buy all new clubs I would still go for a 60o in the bag, just so handy when there is no room to run the ball.  

On 4/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, ChipNRun said:

My home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL, has some challenging pin areas. The designer, Jack Nicklaus, warned the developer it would be very hard with the specs he wanted, but the developer said, "Make it as hard as you can."

Here are two of the holes that have intricate shelving that really challenges the average golfer. Both green areas have been retooled to account for 25 years of settling out, but are still challenging. Rolando, tight shelves with small flat areas will still take pins!

image.png.b9ed18c847003d9c82fde9fa246e6117.png

So I noticed the top pic is hole 12 at Stonewolf according to golfshot app. I don't know how fast the greens are or how good are the fairways, but personally I would hit a tee shot that would leave me 70 yards so I can hit a punch fade 56 wedge that would generally one hop and stop for me. I see from middle of green to back of the ridge is about 8 yards which is plenty of room. Again, I'm not from there but that would be how i'd try that hole.

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

34 minutes ago, MB Dirtyy said:

So I noticed the top pic is hole 12 at Stonewolf according to golfshot app.

You're right. They reversed the nines, so old No. 3 is now No. 12 // Old No. 14 is now 5. Landing area has an uphill slope, and can kick ball left or right sometimes into shabby rough. Your plan would work in summer, but right now we're facing quartering tail wind that makes judgment iffy.

• Like 1

What's In The Bag (Summary as of October 2020)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

For details see:  Pending (need protocol to embed file list).

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind being tested as possible SW to replace MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

I use a Mizuno MP-T5 6010 and it has become one of my most versatile clubs to use. When I my pro suggested I needed a LW 20 years ago, I thought to myself why? The 56 handled all my chipping situations. He then added a GW and LW to my set and now I can't play without them.

I'm a firm believer of more wedges vs less, but you just have to teach yourself (and play with some discipline) when to use certain things.

I personally use W / 52 / 58 / 64 and really like it thus far.  I'm playing with the gap wedge right now, using PM 58/64.  I'd rather have more options around the green than worry about the longer end of the bag.  

• Like 2
SIM2 - G410 LST - something random - G410 Crossover 20* - i500 5-W (5i 2* strong, 6i 1* strong) - MD 52*, PM 58* & 64* - F22

IMO, the issue of "forgiveness" with a lob wedge depends more on the sole design and bounce than in does on the loft.  Low bounce lob wedges just don't forgive low-point control errors from most lies.  But if you use a lob wedge with a decent amount of bounce for the conditions (and use a technique that uses that bounce), they aren't that scary.  And if you carry a low bounce lob wedge, as I do, you need to be disciplined about when you use it.  

• Like 1
Taylormade M5 w/GD YSQ
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 16* Hybrid with Proforce V2 86 
Adams Pro Mini 20* hybrid w/VS Proto 95
Adams Pro Mini 23* and 26* Hybrids w/RIP Tour 115
Titleist 735cm 6-PW with C-Tapers
Vokeys: SM7 54M (53*), SM4 58M-12 (57*), WedgeWorks 60T-04, all w/RIP Tour 115
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5
24 minutes ago, DaveGoodrich said:

IMO, the issue of "forgiveness" with a lob wedge depends more on the sole design and bounce than in does on the loft.  Low bounce lob wedges just don't forgive low-point control errors from most lies.  But if you use a lob wedge with a decent amount of bounce for the conditions (and use a technique that uses that bounce), they aren't that scary.  And if you carry a low bounce lob wedge, as I do, you need to be disciplined about when you use it.  

Very good point.  The grinds on wedges make them "more forgiving" essentially.  Why I think the PM wedges are amazing, you can open face them or toe em down, hit all different types of shots.  They're ugly as sin, but they work.

SIM2 - G410 LST - something random - G410 Crossover 20* - i500 5-W (5i 2* strong, 6i 1* strong) - MD 52*, PM 58* & 64* - F22
23 minutes ago, J_Tizzle said:

Very good point.  The grinds on wedges make them "more forgiving" essentially.  Why I think the PM wedges are amazing, you can open face them or toe em down, hit all different types of shots.  They're ugly as sin, but they work.

What it takes to be forgiving varies by person. I find the PM Grind wedges nigh unplayable (which was also true of their distant ancestors the Ping Eye 2 wedges). The modern PM version doesn't have quite as sharp a leading edge as the originals but still, compared to a Vokey K or D or even S grind or a Cleveland CBX2 or a Callaway Mack Daddy CB the PM Grind will dig terribly with anything less than my best swings.

I seldom play shots with an open face. The PM Grind actually is pretty playable for me with the face wide open (doesn't dig then) but mostly I use square to very slightly open faced shots. That narrowest portion of the PM Grind with minimal leading edge relief is engaged for those shots.

• Like 2
On 4/29/2021 at 10:25 AM, North Butte said:

What it takes to be forgiving varies by person. I find the PM Grind wedges nigh unplayable (which was also true of their distant ancestors the Ping Eye 2 wedges). The modern PM version doesn't have quite as sharp a leading edge as the originals but still, compared to a Vokey K or D or even S grind or a Cleveland CBX2 or a Callaway Mack Daddy CB the PM Grind will dig terribly with anything less than my best swings.

I seldom play shots with an open face. The PM Grind actually is pretty playable for me with the face wide open (doesn't dig then) but mostly I use square to very slightly open faced shots. That narrowest portion of the PM Grind with minimal leading edge relief is engaged for those shots.

I'd agree there, when I have a tightish lie I can slide completely under the ball with the PM wedges for sure.  

I think variety is the key. My gap wedge is low bounce for firmer conditions and my 58 degree is high bounce for softer conditions. The lie will dictate the wedge I use- not always the distance. So from a firm lie I may hit a 1/2 or 3/4 shot with the gap wedge when the distance would dictate a full 58. I’ve had a lot of success with this philosophy. 

• Like 1

I have a 58* low bounce wedge bent to 57*. I also carry a 54* mid bounce. I can use either out of sand or rough, depending on the shot required. The tighter the lie, the more likely I am to use the 57*. 

It's amazing how much more forgiving a 57* wedge is versus a 60*. Might be in my head, but I need any extra confidence I can get. 

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

I think we all have favorites. 

There was a time when a TaylorMade RAC 60 was my go-to. Then I had some CG 54 that was my can't-miss thing. 

At present, I have both a 56 and 60 (Vokey) and yet the 60 gets the majority of the use of those two. I'm sure I could practice to the point where that 56 delivered comparable results but I feel far more dialed in and versatile with the 60 in my hands. 

At the end of the day, you're most likely going to err on the side of having a favorite. Knowing that the 60 is naturally better for lobs, flops and most bunker shots, it's just naturally become my default chipping / pitching club as well.  

Edited by MelloYello

SIM Dr (10.5o) (Tensei Pro Orange 60TX)
SIM 3w (17o) (Tensei Pro White 60TX)

M6 7w (21o) (Diamana Blue 70S)

z785 (4-Pw) (Modus3 Tour120)
SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
Newport 2 Select

On 4/28/2021 at 7:48 AM, codman said:

I started playing before 60* wedges came along, so have always been comfortable opening up a 55*-56*.  I then carried 56* and 60* for a number of years and always found the 60* a very niche club that was a bit hit and miss.  I often found myself asking if i could have achieved a similar result with an open faced 56*.  Last year I changed from a 60* to a 58* as my highest lofted wedge (both Vokey). I was surprised at the difference in how they play. The 58* plays just like a weaker 56* for me and the 54* gives me additional options for longer bunker shots, full shots, and lofted chips.

The two degree difference is day and night for ball control on short pitches.  Handful of guys I know who play scratch or near have shifted from 60 to 58 and they've told me the same.  I've carried a 58 for several years now but I too learned the game when all the short shots were PW and the sand wedge was such an ill-designed club that you used it only from bunkers unless you were a pro.  So I use more and  more my gap wedge from the set and my ultimate go to club is the 54.  I've grown so conservative that I no longer try the heroic flop shot lol.  

BTW, I really suffer when I play with this guy who lands short up front, flag at the back and they take their 60, the ball goes up like Tiger's flop shot, bites and it ends up 20 feet short.  Plus they often have an excuse at hand.   

• Thanks 1

I continually go back and forth with this on my own bag, but always keep my SM8 60-08M in the bag for two reasons:

1. The only reason I could potentially take it out would be to add a fairway finder for the tee (5wood, 2 iron, etc.). That said, I'm not typically playing tight, 7,200 yard courses. With the way my irons are spec'd out, I can hit my 4iron off a tee around 230, which is plenty given the hole is under 400 yards. 3wood is about 250-260 total for me, so that covers the longer holes where I can't hit driver. 

2. I'm a weird guy who actually prefers short sided chips, because I've always been able to hit these little low nippy spinners, even on extremely short shots. Just on saturday, I had about a 15 foot chip straight down the hill that I opened the face up on my 60, gave it some early hinge, and ripped the path left. It went about a foot in the air, and stopped on a dime. The guys I was playing with called it a "stupid" shot (one of the few highlights of that round). 

I personally like the versatility around the greens of a 60. It allows me to have more chances to save par.

Like some others have said, I honestly can't remember the last time I hit a 60 with a full swing. Tried it on a 65 yard shot the other day (twice) and came up short both times. But, the benefits on the tough chips, bunker shots, and occasional "hero flop" far outweigh the benefit of me replacing it with a long club. 

• Like 1
On 5/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, caeye0710 said:

I continually go back and forth with this on my own bag, but always keep my SM8 60-08M in the bag for two reasons:

1. The only reason I could potentially take it out would be to add a fairway finder for the tee (5wood, 2 iron, etc.). That said, I'm not typically playing tight, 7,200 yard courses. With the way my irons are spec'd out, I can hit my 4iron off a tee around 230, which is plenty given the hole is under 400 yards. 3wood is about 250-260 total for me, so that covers the longer holes where I can't hit driver. 

2. I'm a weird guy who actually prefers short sided chips, because I've always been able to hit these little low nippy spinners, even on extremely short shots. Just on saturday, I had about a 15 foot chip straight down the hill that I opened the face up on my 60, gave it some early hinge, and ripped the path left. It went about a foot in the air, and stopped on a dime. The guys I was playing with called it a "stupid" shot (one of the few highlights of that round). 

I personally like the versatility around the greens of a 60. It allows me to have more chances to save par.

Like some others have said, I honestly can't remember the last time I hit a 60 with a full swing. Tried it on a 65 yard shot the other day (twice) and came up short both times. But, the benefits on the tough chips, bunker shots, and occasional "hero flop" far outweigh the benefit of me replacing it with a long club. 

Very well said.  I ended up keeping the 60 in my bag because I changed my 3w to a 4w (17*) and my 3utility goes long enough.  I figured I dont need to have an exact club for yardages over 230 (4i) and couldn't find a good reason to add a 5 wood or something else to gap between 3w and 3 utility.

I figured I will only use the LW when I'm 70yds and in on "full swings" and short sided chips.

• Like 1

Current WITB

Driver: Ping G410 Plus (10.5 degrees @ 9.0) - Shaft: Fujikura Ventus Black 7x (45.25 inches)

3-Wood: Taylormade M3 HL (17 @ 15.65 degrees) - Shaft: Fujikura Ventus Red 9x (43 inches)

3 & 4 Utility: Srixon U85 (3u @ 20 degrees, 4u @ 23 degrees) - Shaft: Nippon NS Pro Super Peening Blue

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) - Shaft: Nippon NS Pro Super Peening Blue

Wedges: Miura Forged Wedge Raw (51, 56) , Taylormade MG2 TW Grind (60/11) - Shafts: Nippon NS Pro Super Peening Blue (51), Shimada Tour Wedge Black (56 and 60)

Putter: LAB DF 2.1 - Shaft: BGT Stability Tour Black 

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Midsize

No chance i'm playing my home course without a 60.  the greens are firm, lightning fast, and the rough is deep and thick.  I have to play a lot of shots with the 60 pretty wide open to even have a chance when I miss greens.  

TS3 9.5 Hzrdus smoke black 60g 6.5

TS2 15* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5
TS3 18 degree @ 17.25 hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5
P790 UDI 18* (KBS tour 130x)

818h2 19* @ 20* (ck blue 80x at 39.5)

TS3 22* KBS Tour 130x at 38.5"
Mizuno MP18 (7-Pw), SC (5-6), MMC (4) (KBS tour 130x)

Vokey sm8 50/12 KBS $ taper HT 130

Sm8 56/14 at 55, 60/8 KBS $ taper HT 125
1995 Scotty Cameron by Titleist Newport 35"/ Cameron Futura 6m

For me a 58* or 60* caused indecision and, or, too much usage. The 64* loft wedge has been great because the appropriate shots for that high a loft are obvious.

Cleveland TL310 driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 3-wood

S-Yard XV 5-wood

Srixon H65  4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter