New TM Mini coming?

bigmoneyp

50 minutes ago, rcolwell7 said:

Picked mine up from my shop this afternoon.  Last Wednesday, they told me the ship date was 7/20.

Stock or custom shaft?

TaylorMade SIM 9.0*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 X

TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY 3, SteelFiber i95 Stiff

TaylorMade P770 4-6, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade P7MC 7-PW, MMT 125 TX

TaylorMade MG2 50, 56@55, 60, DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

8 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I know we are getting them. But I am honestly not sure when, I think the the shelf date is the 16th. We typically get stuff in about 2-3 days before that. 

Was right. Ups just dropped them at the shop this afternoon.   Tensei blue 80TX drying in a 2 degree TM tip right now for in the morning .... I’ll post some up close calf pics 😂along with some thoughts and numbers Tomorow.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Was right. Ups just dropped them at the shop this afternoon.   Tensei blue 80TX drying in a 2 degree TM tip right now for in the morning .... I’ll post some up close calf pics 😂along with some thoughts and numbers Tomorow.  

Right on que..

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I just got back from a TaylorMade wood fitting here in Pittsburgh. To be honest, I was mostly interested in getting some data on an outdoor Trackman setup because I hate hitting indoors into a screen. But I did really want to try out the Mini. Well, I was really not planning this, but I walked out $400 lighter. I can post some data later, but I was longer and straighter with the 300 Mini than I was my current Epic Flash driver. I was straight smoking the ball, over and over and over again. For a mid handicapper, I was astonished at how well I was hitting the ball. 

Also it sounds fantastic, which doesn't hurt.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

I have time on my lunch break, so here's some more detail on my fitting: I swing around 105 mph with my driver, but I have delivery issues and come in too steep and a bit too out to in, typically. My miss is high on the face and a push, push/slice. To make a long story short, trying to hit up on the ball throws my swing all out of whack. I hit my best drives with higher lofted drivers teed down fairly low, which puts me in the fairway but kills my distance. 

After working through my current driver (Epic Flash SZ, 10.5 degrees), Sim Max2 at 10.5, and the 300 Mini in both the 11.5 and 13.5 heads. We ended up landing on the 300 Mini at 11.5 degrees, turned up two clicks (I think that plays at 13?), with the 70 gram Rogue Silver 110 stiff shaft. I could barely hit the Sim Max. The 13.5 degree head launched super high for me, but I spun it a little too much. I absolutely LOOOOVED the results I was getting with the 11.5 setup. I was hitting nice, easy, bombs that went straight at my target with barely a whiff of curvature to them. Sidenote, I'm never getting fit indoors again. There was no way to goose the data. It was patently obvious that the results were there with the Mini.

I also have to add that I hit exactly one ball off the deck with the club I was fit for. I told the fitter that I was going to hit one just for the heck of it and wasn't expecting anything. WELP, my one swing was an arrow straight bomb. I don't think it's captured in the below data, because he told me it went 230. I did NOT expect that.

Here's a brief comparison between my Epic Flash SZ (not fit for me, just bought myself) and the 300 Mini. The second one is the Mini. I wouldn't put much stock in the little dispersion graphic. I know that the fitter told me that my dispersion was 9 yards with the Mini, but I can't remember what he said my Epic Flash was. Whatever the case, I can assure you that I was straighter with the Mini. I'm fairly certain that the Epic Flash data is excluding some mishits, and I don't think I even had any mishits with the Mini.

Epic Flash.png

11.5 Rogue Silver.png

Edited by MaineMariner
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Hope to have mine before the weekend as it arrived with my guy today here in the UK.

And the new (back up) HZRDUS RDX Blue 70 shaft shaft arrived today. Which is nice.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

1 hour ago, winegr said:

And?

Didn't get a chance to hit it last night.  Four kids under the age of four sort of limit my golf through the week.

Have league tonight and I will provide some thoughts after.

I love the footprint/size of it.  I sort of hate looking down at the size of my Ping 425 LST. 

Of course , new toy in hand and my morning falls in the toilet.    I’ve had a chance to hit 10 balls or so just now in between appointments, and I mirror what @MaineMariner just said.  It’s shockingly good off the deck.  

I decided to test the 13.5 head first since 2 wood and not driver would be the spot.  I don’t think 11.5 would work , it appears at first glance that it would push my actual driver.  Which I’m hitting great.  

I hope to hit a few more with some rough numbers on ballspeed and carry in a little bit. I think the tensie Ck blue is/was nail on the head perfect choice out of the gate for me.  

love the silver face. Reminds me of sldr.   Love the size . It doesn’t look huge , just like a deeper faced ping rapture.  Anyway. First impression is great.  If I have one gripe.  They shipped these 2 heads with no headcovers.  For whatever reason.  Maybe in a box to follow.  But it’s minor. And I have a cover that fits it. So no huge deal. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What's everyone's opinion on shaft weight for this? Similar to standard driver or 3 wood? I play a 45" driver and 42.5" 3 wood so the mini falls pretty close to in the middle for me.

What are you all going for?

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

Ok.  This guy is going into the bag .  Hit 20 more before leaving to go to kids b-ball practice just now.  And it’s one of those clubs that just wows me right out of the gate.  I have only hit 4 balls off a tee with it.rest off the deck ,   That’s how good it is off the deck.  And I’m not hitting off a mat. I’m on tight Bermuda.  This isn’t a mini driver. It’s a big 3 wood.  

I hope I can get time for a proper run through tomorrow with some carry and ballspeed numbers.    

im hitting it in the neutral setting. 13.5 head with tensie CK blue  80 At 43.5 .  The impact sound is very pleasing.  And it looks great behind the ball.  Great job TM ( 😇).  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Ok.  This guy is going into the bag .  Hit 20 more before leaving to go to kids b-ball practice just now.  And it’s one of those clubs that just wows me right out of the gate.  I have only hit 4 balls off a tee with it.rest off the deck ,   That’s how good it is off the deck.  And I’m not hitting off a mat. I’m on tight Bermuda.  This isn’t a mini driver. It’s a big 3 wood.  

I hope I can get time for a proper run through tomorrow with some carry and ballspeed numbers.    

im hitting it in the neutral setting. 13.5 head with tensie CK blue  80 At 43.5 .  The impact sound is very pleasing.  And it looks great behind the ball.  Great job TM ( 😇).  

Pics?

These reviews are killing me. I need to try it. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

23 minutes ago, meh said:

Thanks for that. Was hoping to see the 13.5 at address position.

I’ll get a few in a minute and post. I meant to take some earlier.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

57 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Here you go.  It’s dark out here , but I’ll take some on grass in the morning.   It sits pretty open , but I had no issue drawing it off the deck.  

4236D636-3184-4A04-B349-53651DAA7F47.jpeg

7BCA7531-2AE7-48AC-9908-E53BD4061657.jpeg

B31CC21C-0ED2-4D3A-9E6B-90D4483C00FD.jpeg

6EF22C14-B359-45FB-B253-D8B176243600.jpeg

04007EE0-253C-42BC-B3CE-1278BCD5C2DB.jpeg

Thanks @bladehunterfor the address pix. Am liking the silver face/ black crown contrast (my OO’s black face is battle-scarred, from grit/sandy ball marks... and this silver face is confidence-inspiring —for my eyes 👀 — as it presents more Loft at address?). 

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Thanks @bladehunterfor the address pix. Am liking the silver face/ black crown contrast (my OO’s black face is battle-scarred, from grit/sandy ball marks... and this silver face is confidence-inspiring —for my eyes 👀 — as it presents more Loft at address?). 

Yep. I see it that way as well. Very much looks easy to hit to me.  And once I saw how easy it was , really looks easy now.

The pics I just took dont really do it justice. In sunlight and on grass it looks much better still.  

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I'll echo the above that it looks great in person. I wasn't sold on the silver face with the carbon crown with the initial illustrations, but it really frames the ball nicely. It felt easy to align straight.

TM really nailed the sound. I haven't played a TM driver in a long time so I didn't really have any expectations, but it's a nice muted thwack. I'm not averse to a loud driver (my Epic Flash SZ sounds hideous), but this one is on the opposite end of the spectrum. Nice and pleasing on a well struck ball.

Edited by MaineMariner
  • Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Excited by all the comments so far.  I am generally a Callaway man but have ordered a 13.5 as driver is unreliable for me.  Looking forward to trying it.  I used to have a Rapture and never quite sure why I sold it!

Titleist TSi1 10 degree driver 

TM Stealth 4 and 7 woods
M6 hybrid
PXG 0211 irons (5 to G)
Vokey 54 D grind 58 D grind
Scotty Newport 2.5 Special Select

TM Tour Response balls

H2NO stand bag

Picked up my 11.5 yesterday. Was about 25mph wind on the course so only used  it down wind and hit some bombs.

its very easy to hit and is a lot more confidence inspiring than a driver on certain holes.

The shaft is a noodle though. Not sure hwat to get for it

Driver: M2, Ventus black

3w: Mizuno st 200, tense I blue

Hybrid: Mizuno clk 19

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 tours

wedges: Bettinardi HLX 3.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron H19

Anyone get a head weight reading on the 300 yet? I think my old O.O. was about 208g.

Titleist TSR 1w Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TSR 3w Tour AD DI 7x

Titleist TSR 5w Tour AD DI 8x

Titleist TSR 4h Tour AD DI 9x

Titleist T150 4i-6i X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

I have a fitting session scheduled for tomorrow at my home course.  I’ll try different shaft options (available driver shafts available for fittings).  I’m leaning towards the 11.5 degree.  I’ll also compare my M3 against the 300 Mini. 

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

2 hours ago, dupaloop3611 said:

Im almost positive that Carls golf land or galaxy will get these in before my Taylormade order ships.... 

I WANT IT NOW!!! 

They’re coming out in small numbers. My store got 4 total. 1 -11.5 fitting head.  1 -11.5 for the pro , and 1 -11.5 for retail and 1-13.5 for retail. I got the single 13.5.  1 headcover came for all 4.  😂.  The pro has it on his.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Had a chance to take some swipes with the 11.5 (stock stiff) at Golf Galaxy. To my eye, the club sits slightly closed at address (others have said the opposite) but it was otherwise very nice behind the ball. I love the matte finish and I also like the contrast with the face. 

I was hitting most of my shots left (would like to try with a different shaft and with the face more open, plus I normally play jumbo grips) but distance was solid -- right between driver and 3 wood -- and it's a confidence-inspiring size/shape from the tee.

I tried a couple off the mat (no tee) and it was easy to make contact but they were basically low bullets with the 11.5. Didn't get a chance to try the 13.5. 

By far the most impressive aspect of the club is the sound/feel. Just fantastic. It's metallic, but not clangy. It's like a soft metal feel. It reminds me of the feel of some of the original metal woods back in the day. 

Despite the earlier post noting that the club head is 206g, it felt a little heavy to me. But I didn't have a chance to warm up and only hit about 10 shots. In any case, I would prefer heavy to light for this type of club. 

I ordered a 13.5 last week and will be giving it a full test with a Ventus Blue 7x and will report back. 

Edited by uglande

Titleist TSR 1w Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TSR 3w Tour AD DI 7x

Titleist TSR 5w Tour AD DI 8x

Titleist TSR 4h Tour AD DI 9x

Titleist T150 4i-6i X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5