New TM Mini coming?

13 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Just finished some practice with it.  I used the little Garson g80 on it this time.  I usually only use it for wedge practice as it’s very accurate for carry and swing speed. But a lot of the time under reads ballspeed and then therefore smash.  

I’ll say again. Shocked at how good off the deck it is.  Easier than any 13 degree 3 wood I’ve hit. 

Again I know this isn’t Trackman.  I’ll get back to town and on trackman outside next week.  I’m not worried about anything but off the deck carry anyway.  And I’ve a system to certify that.  I walk and pickup balls and laser back to a metal post I hit balls beside. So I’ve confirmed these carry numbers on foot.  

the slower of the 3 screen shots were right off the bat swings off the deck. The last faster one is after a great warmup and getting my old self moving.  You can see that it’s fast off the face by the carry , and that the ballspeed is under read.  These where of course low on the face since off the deck.  I’m certain a teed up ball from center would see a ton more carry.  I don’t plan to pay it that way.  From the tee I’ll just move it above the turf.  This is my automatic weapon. Not the big dog.  😂

012FFB02-281C-4CF9-854A-29E793051D09.jpeg

4BB15F07-82D6-4E34-BF05-1089AA021F76.jpeg

8C1331B1-511C-47DF-848E-E881C261B5E1.jpeg

DFB35F19-9712-419E-AF85-88ABFBA59380.jpeg

67A94528-7386-4927-90A3-3C6F7218EB14.jpeg

834C0159-F887-4561-AF1C-67D2CDD904EE.jpeg

I hit this in stores yesterday and saw same numbers as you. Agree it’s pretty easy to hit off the deck but that’s not gonna be my reason for it

its automatic off the tee and super easy to hit

heres my first two swings off the deck, last 3 are teed up. Anyone who doesn’t use 3w regularly should get this! Im going with the 13.5*

A79D576C-DD0C-4C8A-AB22-071885DC731D.jpeg

BEF68253-E112-4E8D-B6AF-CFCED9555989.jpeg

D5D7163C-9ADA-4F4D-B714-0D00BE6147EB.jpeg

1918DF62-1595-463F-8686-5A139D073B04.jpeg

2FCF79EB-6B0B-44B7-9EC4-CA74F20ADE21.jpeg

• Thanks 1

PXG Gen4 0811x 7.5*.... Accra Tour Z RPG 362 LBP M5

TM 300 Mini 13.5*.... Ventus Black 7x

PXG Gen4 0317 2h 18* hybrid.... Ventus Blue 9x or New Level NLU-01 18*... Ventus Black 9tx

PXG Gen2 Utility 22*.... Accra iSteel 125

New Level PF-1 Black 5-P ... Accra iSteel 125

Corey Paul wedges 52 , 56 , 60 ... KBS $-Taper 125 S+

2021 Scotty Phantom x5.5 w/ Stability Tour Black

For those talking about custom order wait time, I ordered one on Sunday on TM's website. They said all components were in stock. It shipped yesterday. Looking forward to giving this a go. 

• Like 1

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made Original One 13.5* Aldila ATX 75X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TS3 20* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist T-MB 4, 5 Recoil Proto 110 F5                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Honma TR20V 6-11 Recoil Proto 125 F5                                  Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* Recoil Wedge Proto F5                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Taylor Made Spider FCG L-Neck

10 minutes ago, dmbrill719 said:

For those talking about custom order wait time, I ordered one on Sunday on TM's website. They said all components were in stock. It shipped yesterday. Looking forward to giving this a go. 

ordered july 6th 11am stock and still nothing. ill be cancelling as I just placed in store pickup at GG today

17 minutes ago, dupaloop3611 said:

ordered july 6th 11am stock and still nothing. ill be cancelling as I just placed in store pickup at GG today

Yeah, for stock I'd say buying locally is your best bet. 

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made Original One 13.5* Aldila ATX 75X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TS3 20* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist T-MB 4, 5 Recoil Proto 110 F5                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Honma TR20V 6-11 Recoil Proto 125 F5                                  Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* Recoil Wedge Proto F5                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Taylor Made Spider FCG L-Neck

FWIW, when I placed my order on Tuesday, my fitter told me that he was surprised at how fast custom orders were shipping out, at least relative to other clubs. He had another order placed that was quoted at 2 weeks, and that's what he expected of mine. He just recommended being mindful of the components you select. In particular, the first grip I chose (GP Microsuede) was going to delay shipment, so I went with the standard one.

TaylorMade Mini 300

Callaway Mavrik Max 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Callaway Mavrik 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

I tried a 11.5° 300 Mini today with the stock shaft (stiff flex) and with the Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S driver demo shaft the club fitter at my course had.  The best results came with the Ventus Blue shaft with just over 100mph swing speed, smash factor of 150, total distance of 290 yards (260-265 carry) and a fairly tight shot dispersion (about 10-15 yards just shading towards the left of center).   The session showed me that my current driver shaft might not be the best suited for me as the performance with my M3 was not as good as the 300 Mini.  The Tour AD DI shaft from my driver was inserted into the 300 Mini and performed worse than the Ventus Blue and was just slightly worse than the stock shaft.  I have ordered the 11.5° 300 Mini with the Ventus Blue 5S shaft at 45".

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.8°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Ben Hogan 1999 Apex blade 3-E, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°(bent to 52°) / 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Ball: Taylormade TP5

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5 stand bag

32 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

I tried a 11.5° 300 Mini today with the stock shaft (stiff flex) and with the Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S driver demo shaft the club fitter at my course had.  The best results came with the Ventus Blue shaft with just over 100mph swing speed, smash factor of 150, total distance of 290 yards (260-265 carry) and a fairly tight shot dispersion (about 10-15 yards just shading towards the left of center).   The session showed me that my current driver shaft might not be the best suited for me as the performance with my M3 was not as good as the 300 Mini.  The Tour AD DI shaft from my driver was inserted into the 300 Mini and performed worse than the Ventus Blue and was just slightly worse than the stock shaft.  I have ordered the 11.5° 300 Mini with the Ventus Blue 5S shaft at 45".

Yep.  I am not surprised that combo won.  Has to be a great one !  Addi and me have never got along in driver even though I played it in 3 wood and loved it there  for 3 years ( still own it ). Ventus line is outstanding ! 

• Like 1

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

Titleist 915 FD 13.5 Rombax P95x 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

Titleist T100 4-gap MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX ( testing ) 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

2 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Yep.  I am not surprised that combo won.  Has to be a great one !  Addi and me have never got along in driver even though I played it in 3 wood and loved it there  for 3 years ( still own it ). Ventus line is outstanding ! 

I have the Tour AD DI in my 3 wood and 2I SLDR hybrid and seem to hit those pretty well.  I thought I was hitting my driver well, too.  When I hit the M3 well, it hit it really well but when I don't it is not good.  The Ventus Blue 5S seemed like an easy shaft to hit and I immediately hit it well.  I believe the 300 Mini is no joke and should be given a serious look my a lot of golfers.

• Like 1

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°(bent to 52°) / 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

31 minutes ago, Ruleschamp said:

Why did everyone seemingly buy the 13.5 degree.   Wouldn't the 11.5 degree be better as a mini driver?

I bought the 11.5 degree.  I'm not interested in a fairway wood replacement. I wanted a small head driver.  I will lower the loft when I get this to either 10.8 or 10.1 degrees (1 or 2 settings from standard).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RobotDoctor said:

I have the Tour AD DI in my 3 wood and 2I SLDR hybrid and seem to hit those pretty well.  I thought I was hitting my driver well, too.  When I hit the M3 well, it hit it really well but when I don't it is not good.  The Ventus Blue 5S seemed like an easy shaft to hit and I immediately hit it well.  I believe the 300 Mini is no joke and should be given a serious look my a lot of golfers.

I agree.  Loads of guys who can’t square the face should try it.  Heck I’m interested. It’s just the wrong time of year for me to swap drivers. 3 wood spot became open due to a head failure a couple weeks ago. Been auditioning for that spot since. 

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

Titleist 915 FD 13.5 Rombax P95x 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

Titleist T100 4-gap MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX ( testing ) 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

9 minutes ago, NHenson815 said:

I haven't hit a lot of balls yet, but my initial reaction is that a lot of golfers in a wide range of handicaps could probably improve their game with this club.  It is probably the most impressive club I've purchased in the last couple years (and I'm a junkie, so I purchase a lot).  

Totally agree.  However, the egos are big here on GolfWRX and bigger is better.  If someone is hitting the ball on the sweet spot consistently or very close to it then the 460cc all the built in forgiveness are a moot point.  The point of a good golf swing is to build a fundamentally sound and repeating swing.  That's always been my goal and still is.  My impact pattern on the face of the 300 Mini today was pretty tight and centered.  That helps explain the smash factor the trackman recorded for my shots with the 300 Mini.  That said I'm pretty excited about this driver.  

2 hours ago, jacobEDGE said:

For those of you who have one, what does the headcover look like?

It’s a bit cheap looking and feeling if I’m honest but I don’t use OEM covers so it’s thrown into a box with the others the moment a new club arrives and stays there until it’s (maybe) sold.

• Like 1
Taylormade 300 Mini Driver 13.5 degree/PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0
Taylormade Sim2 Max 15 degree 3 wood/PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 
Ping G425 Max 20.5 degree 7 wood/Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 stiff
Ping G425 22 degree 4 Hybrid/Tensei CK Pro Orange Boron 80 stiff
Ping i210 5-PW irons/True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 120 Stiff (NEW 2021 P790 ORDERED!)

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 degree SS Grind/Nippon Modus Tour 3 105 Stiff

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 degree SS Grind/Nippon Modus Tour 3 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 degree SS Grind/Nippon Modus Tour 3 105 Stiff

Evnroll ER5B Hatchback Black 34” putter with Gravity 1.0 grip
Taylormade TP5 (2019)/Titleist Pro V1 ball (2020)

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

It’s a bit cheap looking and feeling if I’m honest but I don’t use OEM covers so it’s thrown into a box with the others the moment a new club arrives and stays there until it’s (maybe) sold.

I like the headcover.  It is a nice deviation from the typical glossy looking faux leather stuff.  The material feels nicer than its appearance would suggest in the picture, but beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.  

10 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

Totally agree.  However, the egos are big here on GolfWRX and bigger is better.  If someone is hitting the ball on the sweet spot consistently or very close to it then the 460cc all the built in forgiveness are a moot point.  The point of a good golf swing is to build a fundamentally sound and repeating swing.  That's always been my goal and still is.  My impact pattern on the face of the 300 Mini today was pretty tight and centered.  That helps explain the smash factor the trackman recorded for my shots with the 300 Mini.  That said I'm pretty excited about this driver.  

Definitely.  It is borderline tragic that this will probably be viewed as a niche club when it could be a gold standard for how a driver should be.  The peace of mind that I'm not going to blast the ball into the wrong fairway with a bad miss is more than worth the loss of 10 yards of distance.  A better golfer could probably hit nearly ever fairway with this thing.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, NHenson815 said:

Definitely.  It is borderline tragic that this will probably be viewed as a niche club when it could be a gold standard for how a driver should be. 

I played one length irons for two seasons and felt the same way - its something that *could* help a lot of people but its seen as such a gimmick or niche product that its (IMO) never going to take off. Not sure about the gold standard part though. IMO the "average" guy - if they are looking at this as a driver replacement vs a 3w replacement - probably would benefit more from say a 43" driver shaft on a high MOI 460cc head. Dont know, havent hit it yet. So just IMO.

I actually like the headcover. Its different, looks better in person than the pictures. I also dont use the OEM covers but its definitely different than the slickish SIM covers that I dont like.

Went back to an old, old friend and ordered mine with the ADDI6. We'll see how it goes. Got here last night but we're also on a good run of 450% humidity in the DC area so, maybe this afternoon.

SIM Max 12* - Rogue Elite Green 65x
Callaway Apex 18* / 20* - Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8x
P790 6i / P770 5i-GW // Steelfiber 95s
Vokey SM8 Raw 54* / 58* / 62*
Scotty Golo 5R 35" / ProV1X Left Dash

14 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

I played one length irons for two seasons and felt the same way - its something that *could* help a lot of people but its seen as such a gimmick or niche product that its (IMO) never going to take off. Not sure about the gold standard part though. IMO the "average" guy - if they are looking at this as a driver replacement vs a 3w replacement - probably would benefit more from say a 43" driver shaft on a high MOI 460cc head. Dont know, havent hit it yet. So just IMO.

I actually like the headcover. Its different, looks better in person than the pictures. I also dont use the OEM covers but its definitely different than the slickish SIM covers that I dont like.

Went back to an old, old friend and ordered mine with the ADDI6. We'll see how it goes. Got here last night but we're also on a good run of 450% humidity in the DC area so, maybe this afternoon.

I see what you're saying as I certainly play my normal drivers at 43 inches (as an average guy with some decent speed).  However, a 460cc head doesn't have nearly as good of aerodynamics and the large face brings all kinds of opportunities to not hit the ball square and spray the ball all over the place.  The feeling of the 307CC head cutting through the air is a bit closer to the feeling of the other clubs.  A tee shot is certainly different than any other swing, but the small head make it feel slightly less different and seems to help with consistency.  Squaring this thing up is a breeze.  I'd agree that something which works for me as an average guy doesn't mean it will work for another average guy.  My strengths/struggles are generally the opposite of everyone else.  

1 hour ago, dcmidnight said:

IMO the "average" guy - if they are looking at this as a driver replacement vs a 3w replacement - probably would benefit more from say a 43" driver shaft on a high MOI 460cc head.

Not sure if I qualify as "average guy," seeing how I'm a WRX member, but this is something I've been doing for the last few years.  It hasn't worked quite as well as I'd hoped, I still have more of the whiskey-tango-foxtrot results than I'd care for.  (King LTD and R11s being the main contenders in such use this season)

Interestingly, I have fewer of those with the Original One I've been using.  

FWIW, I also am trying to pay attention to confirmation bias.  I admittedly prefer looking down at the smaller clubhead and realize that can play a part in what I see in my results.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), NV75 X -or- SpeedZone 10.5*, Aldila ProtoPype 80S, <44" TBD

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, RIP Tour 115 R
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TaylorMade TP5

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

3 hours ago, NHenson815 said:

I like the headcover.  It is a nice deviation from the typical glossy looking faux leather stuff.  The material feels nicer than its appearance would suggest in the picture, but beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.  

Fair enough, would be a dull world if we all agreed.

Enjoy your new Mini Driver 🙂

Taylormade 300 Mini Driver 13.5 degree/PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0
Taylormade Sim2 Max 15 degree 3 wood/PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 
Ping G425 Max 20.5 degree 7 wood/Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 stiff
Ping G425 22 degree 4 Hybrid/Tensei CK Pro Orange Boron 80 stiff
Ping i210 5-PW irons/True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 120 Stiff (NEW 2021 P790 ORDERED!)

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 degree SS Grind/Nippon Modus Tour 3 105 Stiff

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 degree SS Grind/Nippon Modus Tour 3 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 degree SS Grind/Nippon Modus Tour 3 105 Stiff

Evnroll ER5B Hatchback Black 34” putter with Gravity 1.0 grip
Taylormade TP5 (2019)/Titleist Pro V1 ball (2020)

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

Not sure if I qualify as "average guy," seeing how I'm a WRX member, but this is something I've been doing for the last few years.  It hasn't worked quite as well as I'd hoped, I still have more of the whiskey-tango-foxtrot results than I'd care for.  (King LTD and R11s being the main contenders in such use this season)

Interestingly, I have fewer of those with the Original One I've been using.  

FWIW, I also am trying to pay attention to confirmation bias.  I admittedly prefer looking down at the smaller clubhead and realize that can play a part in what I see in my results.

I have tried this as well but the club gets super light and it looks ridiculous—like playing with a toy driver. The sweet spot for me is about 44.50 for driver. And I’m still planning on adding a mini as my second tee club — so a second driver not a driver replacement.

TM Sim Ventus Blue 6x || TM 300 Mini Ventus Blue 7x || TM Sim2 5w Ventus Blue 7x || Mizuno Mp20 4-9 Modus 120 || Vokey Sm8 46f 50f 54d 60d Modus 120 || Ping Tyne 4 || Titleist Pro V1 || Golf Pride CP2 Wrap/Pro

They had one at PGA Tour Superstore last night. Hit an 11.5 with a Ventus Blue driver-length shaft in it (not sure why, but that's what he gave me). Spin is INSANELY low. And for some reason I was dead pulling everything super left? I'm not sure if the monitor was crooked or if I just have no idea how to line up properly into a screen...but they didn't feel like that. But yeah, I'm gonna order one now. About the same numbers as my past 3 drivers, with much more confidence because of the smaller head.

IMG_0079.JPG

• Like 1