New TM Mini coming?

bigmoneyp

13 hours ago, jll62 said:

I doubt there will be many. If someone is aware that Phil had an Original One in the bag, they're informed enough to know the difference.

What if he puts a 300 mini in at Torrey? That would be something. 😄

Incoming Callaway 301 PhrankenPhil replacement. 😄

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I love mini drivers because they actually fit right in between my driver and 3 wood and I have an old Callaway Hawkeye VFT driver with a deep face on it that I cut down to 43 inches and hotmelted to get the swing weight where I wanted it, and anytime I feel compressed in on a hole that I still need 280 to 300 yards off the tee, out it comes.  I often carry either Driver and 2 hybrid or Mini driver and 3 wood if the course it tight and both combos still give the chance to get home in two on most all par 5's.  I do also have a Callaway mini 1.5 that I am scared to use at the moment as it was a back up and I hit the first one so many times that the face caved in and the only replacement available was Mavrik 13* fairway wood.  I don't hit mini drivers off the deck so I prefer the deepest possible face on the club but I feel like mini drivers definitely have their place in rotation in my bag and I think it is mainly because I play a low lofted driver and thus have a 50 yard distance between my 3 wood and driver distance and the mini driver splits the difference.  I have never hit a Taylormade mini driver before though so I will have to get out there and hit one to see how they perform. 

5 hours ago, Clubhoe said:

For anyone who has seen it. Does the crown resemble the Original One?

I love the black rim along the front edge, and red and white tail accents on the OO.

The pic I've seen is the top is black like the OO.

• Thanks 1

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

On 6/1/2021 at 8:12 AM, markheardjr said:

"For the masses that swear they can't hit a driver, but can hit a fairway wood, this is a mid-way alternative. "

Very good observation - even though drivers are 460 cc and fairway woods are typically around less than half that size at 175 cc most people supposedly hit fairway woods better.

In my case I found I hit a 98 12 deg. Big Bertha better than my driver. The head is smaller than the std 3 wood and has a 3 wood shaft in it.

It's clear for some people that their is a point of diminishing returns based on size. Sure pros use 460 cc (supposedly some look smaller) but honestly they don't have too.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

1 hour ago, Clubhoe said:

Thanks. Hopefully they have continued with the black rim at leading edge of the crown. 

@Clubhoe hope I get a “Like” 👍 for googling / finding this top view of the new 300 mini driver for you 😀

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO8HptcNwxx/

https://driver.jpn.org/8060/テーラーメイド-300ミニドライバー-2021の最新情報まと/

23A8DD65-22E0-4CED-B1EE-64BB4388F0E9.jpeg

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Clubhoe hope I get a “Like” 👍 for googling / finding this top view of the new 300 mini driver for you 😀

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO8HptcNwxx/

https://driver.jpn.org/8060/テーラーメイド-300ミニドライバー-2021の最新情報まと/

23A8DD65-22E0-4CED-B1EE-64BB4388F0E9.jpeg

Thanks Jimbo! Haha yeah gave you a like. 

Happy they have kept the same look. Theres a hint of red at the tail, but doesn't look like as much as the OO with the red and white circling the tail. Might be a cleaner better look without it. 

Hopefully the face is a similar dark metal colour as the OO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clubhoe said:

Thanks Jimbo! Haha yeah gave you a like. 

Happy they have kept the same look. Theres a hint of red at the tail, but doesn't look like as much as the OO with the red and white circling the tail. Might be a cleaner better look without it. 

Hopefully the face is a similar dark metal colour as the OO.

@Clubhoemy guess=silver face for this new mini driver 

I wish TM would have matched the SIM drivers and made the mini have white on the crown.  Frames the ball much better IMO.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

On 6/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, holdenapair said:

For those who game this behind a std driver, what sits between this and your next club down? 5w, utility/hybrid?

I am only playing a mini driver currently because my course is only 6100 yards from the back tees and I think I should be around 250 carry with the mini. The next club down will be a 4 wood of the same model which I should hit 225 carry. After that I have a 4 iron which I think is probably 205 carry. I'm at 600 feet above sea level plus its a hilly course with a typical breeze so yardages are estimates. The 4 iron will be used on the shorter holes and doglegs, the driver only for the longest and the 4 wood for the occasional drive and approaches to the two par 5's we have assuming I hit a good tee shot. The greens are elevated and are difficult to hold.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

On 6/5/2021 at 12:23 PM, cals said:

I wish it had the same crown as the old 300 driver . Classic all black. Dislike the carbon fiber.

Just paint it then.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

On 6/4/2021 at 1:06 AM, Clubhoe said:

For anyone who has seen it. Does the crown resemble the Original One?

I love the black rim along the front edge, and red and white tail accents on the OO.

almost exactly the same. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

47 minutes ago, Belgorn said:

Does anyone know if the 300 branding will be extended to the next line of woods or is this one-off retro-branding only for the mini-driver like for the Original One?

At this time it is a one off. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I think my current clubs have heard the rumblings.  I've been playing the OO, it was misbehaving, I gave it a time out and took my King LTD on the course this past Sunday instead.  After it had a short tantrum on the first few holes, it was quite lovely.

These clubs know what's up.  🙂

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

All of them were retail flops, otherwise they would still be around in some form. At Golf Town they grew cobwebs until put on drastic clearance pricing.  No doubt Mickleson's success at the  PGA will fuel some interest but that will disappear in 6-9 months.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

39 minutes ago, Florida Gator said:

Is the face silver or black on the 300?

silver. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

11 minutes ago, rgk5 said:

All of them were retail flops, otherwise they would still be around in some form. At Golf Town they grew cobwebs until put on drastic clearance pricing.  No doubt Mickleson's success at the  PGA will fuel some interest but that will disappear in 6-9 months.

I do not think that is true at all. The OG sold really well.. 

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X

27 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I do not think that is true at all. The OG sold really well.. 

I tried to buy one roughly a year ago when they were closing out. Nearly nothing available online from anyone. Used prices were pretty much inline with retail new. I've checked on occasion since and it's only been worse. It's a niche, not a volume product, but they seemed to plan their inventory well to sell out on the Original One. People buy them. I'll be getting the new one. 

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

3 minutes ago, PNW said:

I tried to buy one roughly a year ago when they were closing out. Nearly nothing available online from anyone. Used prices were pretty much inline with retail new. I've checked on occasion since and it's only been worse. It's a niche, not a volume product, but they seemed to plan their inventory well to sell out on the Original One. People buy them. I'll be getting the new one. 

I hesitated a few times when thinking of buying one, primarily from 2nd Swing.  Each time, they vanished overnight, or in one case, within a couple hours.

It may be partially a supply thing, but there was definite demand for 11.5* OO's.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors