2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

i210 magic dust

thl9077

ShamBo:  Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!! LOL

Yes, I knew all about the legal issues and Bo is a great guy and approached that conflict with aggressive diplomacy. I really like their new location, but am bummed that Noah (the young man that ground my Pings) is no longer there. 

Once again, so sorry about my misspelling, I'll try to do better next time. 🙂

On 6/29/2021 at 11:01 AM, DFDLT said:

FedEx got me my i210’s yesterday and I opened them up today after a 24 hour work shift. Ordered from PGASS as they were the only place I found new ones in stock. Thought I was getting TT DG S300 but actually received TT DG 120 S300 which is fine by me.  They’re the same weight as my current modus 105 x.  Happy with my purchase so far but haven’t hit them yet. The head size seems to be almost exactly the same as my JPX 919 HMP but with a tad more offset but I knew that already by the specs. 

Sooooooooo......been a week.....you get out yet? 

9 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Sooooooooo......been a week.....you get out yet? 

Actually I haven’t. I live in Illinois and we had 7” of rain over the course of a few days and am now on a motorcycle trip to the “Tail of the Dragon” all week. I will hit them next week.  The Glide wedges I ordered aren’t expected until September if anybody has ordered any of those.

1 minute ago, DFDLT said:

Actually I haven’t. I live in Illinois and we had 7” of rain over the course of a few days and am now on a motorcycle trip to the “Tail of the Dragon” all week. I will hit them next week.  The Glide wedges I ordered aren’t expected until September if anybody has ordered any of those.

Is that in Virginia?  I grabbed used 2.0 Glides and LOVE THEM! 

I’ve read all the threads on this iron. Have swing changed out of my current shafts and wanted a less clicky head. 

I’m really drawn to Ping as everything they make seems to be so easy to hit. But I was rolling my eyes at people talking about how great the accuracy and overall dispersion was. That has to come from the swing right?

I bought a used set of i210 with project X LZ 6.0’s off eBay in great condition. I’m kind of perplexed at how much more accurate I am. I’ve only used them a few rounds but damn are they easy to hit, no flyers, and just as much distance or more than my old Rogue Pros with 1.5-2° more loft. 

Really great irons. Mad I’m so late to the party. 

Edited by Bar_Stroll
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 11:39 PM, Bar_Stroll said:

I’ve read all the threads on this iron. Have swing changed out of my current shafts and wanted a less clicky head. 

I’m really drawn to Ping as everything they make seems to be so easy to hit. But I was rolling my eyes at people talking about how great the accuracy and overall dispersion was. That has to come from the swing right?

I bought a used set of i210 with project X LZ 6.0’s off eBay in great condition. I’m kind of perplexed at how much more accurate I am. I’ve only used them a few rounds but damn are they easy to hit, no flyers, and just as much distance or more than my old Rogue Pros with 1.5-2° more loft. 

Really great irons. Mad I’m so late to the party. 

I've also been reading all these threads as a way to justify my purchase.  Ordered a set of i210s after a fitting at 2nd Swing (which was live on their Youtube channel, I'll throw it down below, don't roast me too badly).  They're replacing my trusty Adams CMBs.  I've never been a Ping guy and honestly didn't want to try them in the fitting until the fitter suggested it.

I ordered on June 1st (with Modus 105 S shafts), and have been told that I have a couple more weeks to wait, so looking like mid-August probably.  I've called their custom order people three or four times asking for an update, hah.

Last time I asked them, they told me 10-12 weeks is what Ping is quoting everyone now.

Can't wait to put them into play!

Edited by gophers79
  • Like 3

Ping G425 Max, 12* set to 13.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 R
Ping G425 Max 5 wood, 17.5* set to 18.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 S

Titleist 818h1 23* set to 24*, Project X Evenflow Blue S

Ping i210 4-UW, Nippon Modus 105S, Black Dot
Titleist Vokey SM7 54* 14F, 58* 12D Wedge Flex
Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

16 minutes ago, gophers79 said:

I've also been reading all these threads as a way to justify my purchase.  Ordered a set of i210s after a fitting at 2nd Swing (which was live on their Youtube channel, I'll throw it down below, don't roast me too badly).  They're replacing my trusty Adams CMBs.  I've never been a Ping guy and honestly didn't want to try them in the fitting until the fitter suggested it.

I ordered on June 1st (with Modus 105 S shafts), and have been told that I have a couple more weeks to wait, so looking like mid-August probably.  I've called their custom order people three or four times asking for an update, hah.

Can't wait to put them into play!

Minnetonka location?  or Minneapolis?  

Making an assumption based on your ID.  🙂

Hope you enjoy the new toys.  

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

5 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Minnetonka location?  or Minneapolis?  

Making an assumption based on your ID.  🙂

Hope you enjoy the new toys.  

Minnetonka.  I've been a 2nd Swing fan my whole life, it's cool to see them get pretty big in our niche space, and their YouTube stuff is really good too.

Anxiously awaiting!

• Like 1

Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

2 minutes ago, gophers79 said:

Minnetonka.  I've been a 2nd Swing fan my whole life, it's cool to see them get pretty big in our niche space, and their YouTube stuff is really good too.

Anxiously awaiting!

Side note:  swing looks fine to me  🙂

I used to practically live at 2nd Swing.  I can't even count the number of things I've bought there.   LOL

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Recently added the i210 to my bag.  I was a high handicapper last year. I have practiced a lot since last fall and my iron striking has improved considerably. I've played around with other clubs lately (blueprints, p770) just for kicks, and my scores have been good but felt I could do better. So I put the i210 back in and headed to a course that I hadn't played before. Played the best round of my life yesterday. Shaved off 8 strokes from my previous best. I had a few long putts drop for me so that was part of it. But the big part is easily the short irons. Coming back to the i210s after experimenting with other clubs confirmed that these clubs help with my consistency. Flight and distance was money every time from 150 yards in.  These clubs are definitely helping me make the transition from a high to a mid-handicapper (yes, the practicing is a big reason too).

To those waiting for their orders to come in, they're definitely worth the wait! 

• Like 4

TM Sim Max, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S

Ping G 3 Wood, Alta CB

Ping G 4 Hybrid, Alta CB

Ping i210 5-UW, AWT 2.0

Cleveland RTX4 52 mid, 56 mid, 60 low, Dynamic Gold S400

Ping Sigma putter

On 5/24/2021 at 6:28 PM, LowAndLeft32 said:

What makes the performance better than the t100 for most? Thx. 

I’m a pretty strong ball striker and the dispersion on the Ping’s were way better for me than the Titleist. I love the look of the Titleist irons but performance for me is way better for Ping.

• Like 1

As soon as I demoed the i210’s I handed the man the keys to my car, the checkbook, and my girlfriends phone number. No worries, when she sees the account statement for custom i210’s with a 3 iron added with recoils and custom grips I’ll be single anyhow 😂. I’m kidding, I did order the i210’s, just a flat out repeatable iron that feels amazing. I was sold on the first swing. 

• Like 2

I was contemplating a set of i210s as I thought the price of £649 in 🇬🇧 was pretty competitive.  I watched a number of YouTube reviews on the i200 and i210 and I would have liked the latter but found a set of i200 5-U for a great price. The reviews highlighted incremental differences for me. 

Any club that makes it into a tour pros bag must be good and the i210 are used by a fair number of players.

16 hours ago, shippy18 said:

I was contemplating a set of i210s as I thought the price of £649 in 🇬🇧 was pretty competitive.  I watched a number of YouTube reviews on the i200 and i210 and I would have liked the latter but found a set of i200 5-U for a great price. The reviews highlighted incremental differences for me. 

Any club that makes it into a tour pros bag must be good and the i210 are used by a fair number of players.

Anyone go from I25 to I210? I have been playing the i25 irons with DGS300 shafts and they have been fantastic. They have been used a lot but hit them really well today, could move the ball wherever I wanted to. I have always been a DGS300 guy and tried everything at the time when I got the I25’s. Was convinced by a fitter a few years later to try Modus 105 S and I hit them about 15 yards shorter in the I200’s I had and I sold them.

Just a little curious if there is something better out there but my iron play is not what is keeping me from being a better player….

These are good! Picked up a set to see what all the fuss is about and I'm not disappointed. I've had the G700's with Alta and more recently the G425's fitted with TT Elevate Tour shafts which work well for me. Beggars can't be choosers in the current market so I jumped on a set of in-stock 210's with the Nippon Modus 105's not wanting to wait the 10-12 weeks for a set build.

Initial thoughts....cautiously optimistic after the first range session! The 201's feel soft without the 'click' that the 425's have, (not that it ever really bothered me) and are very workable and predictable both ways. Dispersion and distance control were spot on and seem to be what I've been looking for. I lost about 7 yards on average on the higher end of the set mainly due to the loft differences between the G425's, so after a few rounds I may have them bent to power spec lofts. I also found the Nippon Modus shafts to work as well if not a little better than the TT's. They seemed to load better and provided a bit more stability and consistent ball flight. Looking forward to getting out on the course this weekend! 

Edited by Flat4Boxer
spelling
  • Like 4

Well, I cancelled my custom order because 2nd Swing had a new set of i210s with the right shaft (Modus 105S), length (standard) and lie (black dot) on their website for pickup today.  I intended to get the retro lofts, but we'll see how the standard lofts work out.  And I don't love the Tour Velvet grips on them, but they're a price I'm willing to pay to get the clubs in my hands right now.

Hopefully my custom order cancellation means that one of you out there who's waiting will get theirs a bit sooner!

Looking forward to a range session.  I'll reply here with some thoughts after I've taken them for a test drive or two.

• Like 2

Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

12 minutes ago, gophers79 said:

Well, I cancelled my custom order because 2nd Swing had a new set of i210s with the right shaft (Modus 105S), length (standard) and lie (black dot) on their website for pickup today.  I intended to get the retro lofts, but we'll see how the standard lofts work out.

I have Modus 120S’s. Driver SS is 100mph. All the i210’s fly high and spin a lot. To a great extent, that’s what makes them so accurate.
However, particularly in the shorter irons, it’s borderline too much, and if I had it to do again, I’d get the power-spec lofts to keep the flights moderate. There’s no way I’d go with the retro lofts. The distance loss is unnecessary and the flight would be crazy high. You’re doing the right thing here IME.

• Like 1

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

4 hours ago, gophers79 said:

Well, I cancelled my custom order because 2nd Swing had a new set of i210s with the right shaft (Modus 105S), length (standard) and lie (black dot) on their website for pickup today.  I intended to get the retro lofts, but we'll see how the standard lofts work out.  And I don't love the Tour Velvet grips on them, but they're a price I'm willing to pay to get the clubs in my hands right now.

Hopefully my custom order cancellation means that one of you out there who's waiting will get theirs a bit sooner!

Looking forward to a range session.  I'll reply here with some thoughts after I've taken them for a test drive or two.

Second swing will bend loft and lie on purchases without an issue, I believe it is included in every purchase on a basis level, add ons for more fitting options.