Jump to content

MEMBER REVIEWS: Tour Edge Exotics C721 Drivers! See What Members Are Saying!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, games said:

 

I noticed there is more "reverse offset" between the face and hosel of this club.  (Face is slightly more forward of the hosel.)

 

I play the ball more forward in my stance (maybe 1/2" to 1") to give the face more time to square up.  Works nicely...

IMO a good idea to try. Once I moved the ball up in my stance it moved my drives from the right side of the fairway to the center. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played again yesterday. Twelve of fourteen fairways hit. 

 

Yes I am 61 and yes I played from the senior tees. Yesterday the course I played on the par 5's I let her rip and got in my range to go for three of them in two. I used my C721 16.5 fairway and came up less than 10 yds short on two of them and 20 yds short on the other. I haven't been in range or had a fairway I've hit as well as the C721 in recent yrs.

 

I know this isn't very interesting for the young guns or anyone that gets it out there and so ho-hum for most of you. I've aged, have back problems and lost a lot of distance especially in recently yrs. I find it hard to even put my ball on the tee. One review on the TEE site said this club has brought fun back into their game and I agree. 

 

I'm easily getting 15 more yds. out of this driver. When I lean on it I am getting much more out of it and still putting it in the fairway but I can't maintain that kind of swing every time. My back would be shot before I finished my round.

 

I'm playing the 16.5 fairway and I just ordered the the 15* fairway. If I hit it as well as my 16.5 it should put me on some par5's in two. 

 

I hope those that are playing it are getting good results as I am. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greenie said:

I played again yesterday. Twelve of fourteen fairways hit. 

 

Yes I am 61 and yes I played from the senior tees. Yesterday the course I played on the par 5's I let her rip and got in my range to go for three of them in two. I used my C721 16.5 fairway and came up less than 10 yds short on two of them and 20 yds short on the other. I haven't been in range or had a fairway I've hit as well as the C721 in recent yrs.

 

I know this isn't very interesting for the young guns or anyone that gets it out there and so ho-hum for most of you. I've aged, have back problems and lost a lot of distance especially in recently yrs. I find it hard to even put my ball on the tee. One review on the TEE site said this club has brought fun back into their game and I agree. 

 

I'm easily getting 15 more yds. out of this driver. When I lean on it I am getting much more out of it and still putting it in the fairway but I can't maintain that kind of swing every time. My back would be shot before I finished my round.

 

I'm playing the 16.5 fairway and I just ordered the the 15* fairway. If I hit it as well as my 16.5 it should put me on some par5's in two. 

 

I hope those that are playing it are getting good results as I am. 

 

I'm having the same results since being chosen to test this back in April.  About 30 rounds under its belt and straighter and longer than the Cobra LTD it replaced.  Playing at the 9.5 degree setting which seems to be the best fit for me.  Mostly hitting straight or baby draws with the odd fade if I open the face address.  Rarely missing fairways.  I'm also getting about 15 more yards total distance (yes I'm also 61 and yes I also play from the Senior tees :)).  I pulled the trigger on a PXG 0341X 3w but if that doesn't work as I hope then will be getting the 3w and/or 5w.  Curious, what's your swing speed and what flex are you playing?  I'm somewhere between 90 and 95 mph with regular flex and getting between 240 and 250 total drive distance with C721.

Edited by Volgolfer
  • Like 1

PXG 0211 4h

Srixon Z585 5
Srixon Z785 6 - P
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 Putter
Snell MTB-X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Volgolfer said:

  Curious, what's your swing speed and what flex are you playing?  I'm somewhere between 90 and 95 mph with regular flex and getting between 240 and 250 total drive distance with C721.

I am about 230 -240. Low 90's constant ss but I occasionally go after it. A lot more with this club. I only hope my back keeps up. When I pick up my ss I'm 250 and had some longer. My ball rolls a good bit with this driver. I pick my spots when a little extra distance benefits me.

 

I hit my old driver very straight and I was around 220 with it.  When I leaned on it I was usually out to the right so I did try it very often.

 

I am playing the Ventus Red 4T Core 50 in regular flex after reading another poster saying they felt the Air Speeder shaft wasn't a good fit for them. I'm happy I went with it. The shaft is stable for me and when I pick up my ss it's stays stable. 

 

I play the Air Speeder regular flex in my fairways. I ordered that shaft because it says it is high launch and I thought that would help me off the fairway and it has. I'm very happy playing it in my fairways.

 

I'm not sure I would be as happy with the Air Speeder in my driver. So I feel I made the right choice. I wasn't fit for any of these clubs so who knows. I'm happy with my results and every club has been an improvement for me. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Greenie said:

I am about 230 -240. Low 90's constant ss but I occasionally go after it. A lot more with this club. I only hope my back keeps up. When I pick up my ss I'm 250 and had some longer. My ball rolls a good bit with this driver. I pick my spots when a little extra distance benefits me.

 

I hit my old driver very straight and I was around 220 with it.  When I leaned on it I was usually out to the right so I did try it very often.

 

I am playing the Ventus Red 4T Core 50 in regular flex after reading another poster saying they felt the Air Speeder shaft wasn't a good fit for them. I'm happy I went with it. The shaft is stable for me and when I pick up my ss it's stays stable. 

 

I play the Air Speeder regular flex in my fairways. I ordered that shaft because it says it is high launch and I thought that would help me off the fairway and it has. I'm very happy playing it in my fairways.

 

I'm not sure I would be as happy with the Air Speeder in my driver. So I feel I made the right choice. I wasn't fit for any of these clubs so who knows. I'm happy with my results and every club has been an improvement for me. 

 

 

 

Greenie, That was my suggestion on the air speeder in R. It is VERY whippy and the Ventus Red R is more stable. Glad it all worked out for you. I am also 61 y.o. 🙂 I try to go to the senior tees but my wife or son won't let me,lol Tanner

Edited by Tanner25
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

 

 

Greenie, That was my suggestion on the air speeder in R. It is VERY whippy and the Ventus Red R is more stable. Glad it all worked out for you. I am also 61 y.o. 🙂 I try to go to the senior tees but my wife or son won't let me,lol Tanner

Haha..I usually look at the total yardage but on most courses that falls on the senior tees. I moved up 5 yrs ago. I found hitting woods and hybrids into most par 4's wasn't fun. There is one course I play the senior tees are to far up. On one par5 after my drive I usually have 160 in on my second shot. I find that isn't much fun either so I play the whites there. For me it's about the challenge but not being over challenged. I found moving up has brought back some course management into my game. Fairway bunkers are back in play. I'm hitting other clubs off the tee for a better postion on my approach shots. 

 

I recently played a course that went by score to determine what tees you should play. After the starter went through all the tees I said you don't have a set of tees I qualify to play. lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, anser85029 said:

any mid-summer updates fellas?

I've had so many comments on how long and straight this club is I can't keep count.  Continuing to perform above expectations.  I'm still waiting for the other golf site to put up their MOI and CG numbers, but I'm betting this has got to be one of if not the highest MOI driver out this year.  I can hit it all over the face and notice hardly any loss in distance or accuracy.  Low spin and nice mid trajectory.  I would still say this is straight to slightly draw bias but easily workable if you like a baby fade.

 

This is the best driver nobody knows about (other than TXG viewers and regulars on this site).

  • Like 3

PXG 0211 4h

Srixon Z585 5
Srixon Z785 6 - P
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 Putter
Snell MTB-X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 12:23 PM, Sparty4202 said:

As one of the selected testers I have a great Tour Edge story…

 

Funny you should ask…unfortunately about a month ago I had a major accident with the C721 driver. One of my playing partners pulled a shot from the fairway on a par 5 and his ball hit my driver while it was in my bag and dented/crack the crown. After a few weeks I contacted Tour Edge to see if there was anything they would do for me, as it was not a warranty issue. To my surprise  the Tour Edge customer service rep asked me to send him some pictures and he would talk to the warranty department. Tour Edge contacted me a little later and gave me a return authorization to send back the driver and today 7 days later a new driver head arrived at my doorstep.

I have to say that to me that’s great customer service!!  
I’ll be resuming my driver testing this weekend….Thanks Tour Edge! 

 

You sure you didnt just sky a ball? lol jk

 

On 7/14/2021 at 7:00 PM, anser85029 said:

any mid-summer updates fellas?

I've been going strong but I've been fighting a negative attack angle with my driver for the last couple months. Trackman really hates this. Ive had some really good drives out on the course but just know the consistency isn't there. I recently got a lesson from Milo Lines who had seen my swing for the last 5 years and was able to clean me up pretty quick. This was yesterday so I'm finally get the positive attack angle again and more importantly, hopefully see a consistent pattern out on the course. Fact remains tho, this driver is long and mega forgiving so even with a crappy AA I've been able to manage at times. 

 

The GolfWRX in me wants to get another shaft tho lol.

Edited by MillerLowLife
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a 9.5* head and adapter on the way for testing.  Hopefully it shows up soon so I can get some time with it this weekend.

 

From all the reviews I've seen and everything I've read, this could be exactly what I've been looking for.  Something with max forgiveness that can still manage spin.  Fingers crossed.

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* - Hzrdus Black RDX 60X

Fairway/Hybrid Testing 

Maltby DBM 4-GW Modus 125X

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56 Modus 105 Wedge

Tour Issue Odyssey Protype PT12 Butane Finish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

I have a 9.5* head and adapter on the way for testing.  Hopefully it shows up soon so I can get some time with it this weekend.

 

From all the reviews I've seen and everything I've read, this could be exactly what I've been looking for.  Something with max forgiveness that can still manage spin.  Fingers crossed.

What shaft? Stock offering or something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MillerLowLife said:

What shaft? Stock offering or something else?


I have a Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60X I’m going to put in it.  Has worked out really well for me in my last few drivers.  

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* - Hzrdus Black RDX 60X

Fairway/Hybrid Testing 

Maltby DBM 4-GW Modus 125X

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56 Modus 105 Wedge

Tour Issue Odyssey Protype PT12 Butane Finish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just reshafted HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 to Tensei Orange R.  It feels like I went down five flexes! 

 

But, I loved the added distance I got from the Tensei Orange in the sim and direction was still controllable, albeit varying shades of right-to-left.

 

We'll see if it stays controllable on the course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone looking to get the new C721 Pro version?  Not much chatter about the new head around the forums.

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Rogue White 130 MSI 60X

Mizuno 15* 3w Ventus Blue 70X

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19* 3 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X

PING G425 Crossover 4i Tour 85S

PING i210 5-GW DG120 S

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54*

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58*

Edel EAS 4.0

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have settled on to the 11.5 setting which helps with consistency and it helps with my fade. At 10.5, it was more than a slice. Still have not experienced the exceptional results other have. But, the problem is more of my high handicap swing. I do like the Red Ventus over the Air Speeder. Thinking of switching to a Sonar black/blue grip, which may work out better to control the clubhead. 

Edited by Tanner25
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, Sparty4202 said:

As one of the selected testers I have a great Tour Edge story…

 

Funny you should ask…unfortunately about a month ago I had a major accident with the C721 driver. One of my playing partners pulled a shot from the fairway on a par 5 and his ball hit my driver while it was in my bag and dented/crack the crown. After a few weeks I contacted Tour Edge to see if there was anything they would do for me, as it was not a warranty issue. To my surprise  the Tour Edge customer service rep asked me to send him some pictures and he would talk to the warranty department. Tour Edge contacted me a little later and gave me a return authorization to send back the driver and today 7 days later a new driver head arrived at my doorstep.

I have to say that to me that’s great customer service!!  
I’ll be resuming my driver testing this weekend….Thanks Tour Edge! 

4C828FE3-1E83-4A04-80A1-9FE273FFDF3D.jpeg

 

That is really cool. I switched shafts and it was so easy. These guys are really nice to work with and very flexible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

Have settled on to the 11.5 setting which helps with consistency and it helps with my fade. At 10.5, it was more than a slice. Still have not experienced the exceptional results other have. But, the problem is more of my high handicap swing. I do like the Red Ventus over the Air Speeder. Thinking of switching to a Sonar black/blue grip, which may work out better to control the clubhead. 

What driver were you playing before ?

 

I tested the EXS220 12* with Ventus Blue R last year abc found it to be as long as anything but when I lofted up could get a little hooky on me. I’ve heard the 721 is lower spinning than the 220. I need a little spin or I get the low lefts. So been hesitant to try this one.  Depending on the day I either game the RAD XB 12*, SZ Xtreme 12* or Mavrik 12*. Kinda wondering how it would compare to those. 

Edited by erock9174

Ping G425 Max 10.5*

Callaway Epic Flash 7w

Exotics Trilogy 5h

Cobra King OS 5i

Ping i200 6-GW

Cleveland CBX Full Face 56/60

Callaway Sure Out 64

Cobra Vintage Stingray 40

Handicap: 9.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, erock9174 said:

What driver were you playing before ?

 

I tested the EXS220 12* with Ventus Blue R last year abc found it to be as long as anything but when I lofted up could get a little hooky on me. I’ve heard the 721 is lower spinning than the 220. I need a little spin or I get the low lefts. So been hesitant to try this one.  Depending on the day I either game the RAD XB 12*, SZ Xtreme 12* or Mavrik 12*. Kinda wondering how it would compare to those. 

 

Erock, I was playing the Wilson D100 driver 12 degrees with their stock R shaft. I played fine with it. It did play a little short. But, it was very straight. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, Tanner25 said:

Have settled on to the 11.5 setting which helps with consistency and it helps with my fade. At 10.5, it was more than a slice. Still have not experienced the exceptional results other have. But, the problem is more of my high handicap swing. I do like the Red Ventus over the Air Speeder. Thinking of switching to a Sonar black/blue grip, which may work out better to control the clubhead. 

I hit mine well and I am very happy with it.

 

I noticed I have to play the ball an inch or two up in my stance over previous drivers to hit it down the middle of the fairway. When I fall back to my previous ball position I'll get a fade or a push right. At least I know what the problem is for me and I can correct it on my next drive.

 

After I found my best setting I changed out the stock grip to what I play on my clubs and I think it did help to control the clubhead better. The weird thing about the stock grip was that I noticed it started twisting on the shaft. I ordered my grip oversized to start with and it was fine at first. When I changed it out the tape on the shaft was good but the extra layers of tape they used to build it up was all gooey. I've never seen tape like that.

 

I hope you figure it out Tanner25. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Greenie said:

I hit mine well and I am very happy with it.

 

I noticed I have to play the ball an inch or two up in my stance over previous drivers to hit it down the middle of the fairway. When I fall back to my previous ball position I'll get a fade or a push right. At least I know what the problem is for me and I can correct it on my next drive.

 

After I found my best setting I changed out the stock grip to what I play on my clubs and I think it did help to control the clubhead better. The weird thing about the stock grip was that I noticed it started twisting on the shaft. I ordered my grip oversized to start with and it was fine at first. When I changed it out the tape on the shaft was good but the extra layers of tape they used to build it up was all gooey. I've never seen tape like that.

 

I hope you figure it out Tanner25. 

 

 

Thanks, Greenie. Glad playing the ball forward helped. Ironically, I love the gray Lamkins 360's, on my irons. Eventually, I will switch the grip.

 

Edited by Tanner25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a hulk smoke green 60TX hzrdus last week to test out in this driver. Get it tomorrow and going to drop it off to get re-tipped. Excited to have another shaft to test out. Driver head certainly isn't going anywhere. Had a drive on 18th this weekend go 380 with a Prov1x. The hole is down hill and there was a big helping wind that day (playing at high elevation). Best drive I hit all day.

 

Hit some spinners that day too. Realized I had the smoke black 6.0 in there and forgot to switch back to the 6.5. Figured this could be the reason for some odd mishits lately where I just cant seem to find the center of the face despite feeling like I'm putting good swings on the ball. Thinking the smoke green might match up better with my aggressive transition but all together the hzrdus shafts feel really good. I'm a big fan.

 

I'll report back once I'm able to test the smoke green 6.5TX 60 vs smoke black 6.5X 70. Should be a good little battle. 

 

On a side note, a friend on here reached out after being away from golf for a bit. Asked what the best drivers were and I recommended C721. He ended getting one and seems to rave about it like everyone else. 

Edited by MillerLowLife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, Taylordb said:

About 2 weeks ago I bought a c721 exotic in 10.5° with a hazardous smoke RDX blue stiff shaft, 60g. I took the club out for 9 holes the day I got it and it felt amazing. The sound, forgiveness , and distance i gained compared to my last driver was considerable.  The next two days after that I proceeded to hit at the range, each  day probably hitting 10 balls with it. Day 3 when I took it the driving range on the first shot the shaft broke and the head came off at the end of my back swing. Broke clean level with the hozzel adapter. Took it back and they gave me a replacement shaft ( fukijura ventus 60gr reg flex) until they got me a replacement hazardous smoke. After hitting the club with the new shaft for 3 days,The driver head had worked loose. The screw was loose enough to turn with your fingers easily and the head just flopped around.  I tightened it back up but was so confused how it could come loose after hitting maybe 25 30 balls with it. Fast forward a week later, I  took it out for 18 holes just to have the shaft snap again on hole 12. The screw securing the driver head was not loose when this happened. Clean snap right above the hozzel adapter. I really loved the way this driver feels and sounds but am now loosing confidence that it's made correctly. The shots that the shafts broke on were long and straight. Not off the hozel or toe really hard.  I haven't been hitting the ground or being hard on it in any way. Just using the club like I have my old driver for the last 10 years. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Really wanted to give this club a chance but am really contemplating just getting something else. I know they have a good warranty for issues like this but still not sure that I want to worry about this issue happening again with a different head.

 

Thanks for any input!

 

Taylor

Same sorta issues for me, and then some. Was in the market for a new driver after having the Nike covert for 5 or so years, I bought the C721 after seeing all the good things everyone was saying(9.5 RDX Blue 70g X-stiff). I played a round with it and was craving some more hits so I went to the range where the shaft ended up snapping at the hosel. Got it replaced through the warranty and had the shop cut the shaft down to 44.5. I hit some balls in my backyard into a net and REALLY liked the feel of the shortened driver so I decided to take it to the range to see how the ball flights were. Half way through a bucket I hear the weirdest sound on a strike and terrible flight, look at the head and its cracked. Got that covered by the warranty as well and the day it's replaced I returned to the range thinking it was just all bad luck and can't happen again. Then the head flies off after 20 or so hits, snapped at the hosel again. I don't know what the hell is going on, but the covert is still going strong after 5 years completely stock for comparison. I will say when it wasn't exploding on me it felt/flew good, and the companies warranty is great at least. I bought it from Golf Town and can't return it at this point, so either I sell it or just start hoping and praying it survives/or get it replaced when it doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got 9 holes in with the new HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5 60TX. I ended up having to add a half-inch extender to get the playing length to 45" and the SW is only D0. The shaft is a major change with whole stiff it is throughout the whole shaft. I'm liking the results so far. Made a noticeable change in sound, less muted. I also think going back to a 45" playing length is better for me.

 

I contacted customer service about the interchangeable weights because they don't have any for the C721 listed on their website. Was able to buy an 18g weight but the single weight costs $19 + shipping! $32 later I have a new head weight coming which I think will be worth it. Changing lead tape gets old real quick. 

 

Playing 18 this Saturday but I felt pretty confident with the new setup when I played. Had an eagle and birdie on Par 5's in men's league, so the swing is feeling better to the point where I feel confident with my misses. The first hole has a hazard along the entire right side of the course and I can't tell you how many times I've sliced one out. Played the hole twice and kept it in play both times.

 

59BD20D4-4174-4B57-B69E-73711F5E9169.jpeg

Edited by MillerLowLife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, Robmc826 said:

Im interested in trying this driver. As there really isn't anyway to try this out. How does the 30 day money back work. Is it credit with tour edge or refund?

Thanks

 

I'd probably email customer service which for them is [email protected] - they responded to my request for a new head weight within the hour and only need a couple extra hours to decide and confirm payment on a new head weight. They've been really good to work with and I'd imagine they'd do the same with you if you email with any concerns about testing/money back.

 

 

 

Played another men's league round yesterday. I only take driver out on 3 holes; 1st a par 5, 7th a par4, 8th a par 5, and 9 a par 4. Last 2 are two of the hardest holes based on handicap. Hit 3 perfect drives on 3/4 and in the fairway and set up more great looks at birdie. The missed fairway I blew through but ended up with a birdie. The first bends around a tall tree in the last 100 yards so it really protects the green if you're not on the left side of the fairway. Hit a nice 5 yard cut on the left side and had a great look at eagle but ended with a 3-putt. Unfortunately, driver won't help me out on first green jitters with the putter. Sunk a birdie putt on the next hole at least. Hole 8 is the par 5 I eagled last week and had an even longer drive this week. Had 225y into the green last week when I hit the green and 187 this week. Maybe a 10y difference in pin placements but I got quick in my transition and flared my shot out right into the bunker, ended with par. Hole 9 is a long par 4 and another great shot put me in place for a great approach look with a pitching wedge placed to about 12ft behind.

 

Been a great driver for me. I've really enjoyed the new shaft playing at 45" and the new 18g weight was a noticeable change to where I could feel where and what the club face was doing. Should be a deadly combo for me. I haven't had this much confidence in my driver setup+swing in multiple years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to thank all the fellas who have taken the time to post their extensive reviews.  The positive comments from the "seasoned seniors" with approximate 90mph bat speeds convinced me to pull the order trigger.

 

Been gone from the game for a dozen years.  Just turned 67 and with declining clubhead speed that old 2005 Adams driver with a 75g soft X flex shaft had long earned it's retirement.

 

Ordered direct from TourEdge a stock 10.5* C721 w/ Ventus Red 5R.  I knew the Ventus Red profile would fit me bc it is butt soft/tip stiff.  I debated over which weight and flex and decided to go with the 58g weight and regular flex.  I loved the fact that the C721 was advertised as a driver head that sat square to the eye. A must have from the persimmon days.

 

Mine came with a 44.75" total length. Great. D3 swingweight stock. Perfect.  The Ventus shaft was light overall,  very stable yet kept the head from feeling that it was "trailing" on the downwing which was a concern of mine from a flex standpoint.

 

First 4 weeks I loved it. My old caddie swing from the 1960s produced consistent 220 yard "knuckle fades"  that ran an extra 10 yards with the lower spin.  From the "forward tees" this old guy was playing "bomb and gouge" hitting wedges to almost all the par 4s.  Golf was fun again. 

 

Then for 2 weeks the dreaded low lefts prevailed.  I realized the shaft was simply too light for my tempo.

 

Kudos to @Stuart_G...tried his lead tape trick that he often posts re his test whether light iron shaft weight could result in left pulls.  Found a roll of high density lead tape and applied (2) 5" x 1/2" strips directly under the shaft 4-5" below the grip EXACTLY where the silver stripes are of the Ventus shaft line...total weight of 10g  added but maintained a D3 swingweight... turned a  Ventus5 into a homemade Ventus6

 

Low lefts are now gone.  My knuckle fade is back. So is my smile. The lead tape will stay on the shaft!

 

Thank you fellas and a special thank you to @Stuart_G

 

 

 

>

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, anser85029 said:

I would like to thank all the fellas who have taken the time to post their extensive reviews.  The positive comments from the "seasoned seniors" with approximate 90mph bat speeds convinced me to pull the order trigger.

 

Been gone from the game for a dozen years.  Just turned 67 and with declining clubhead speed that old 2005 Adams driver with a 75g soft X flex shaft had long earned it's retirement.

 

Ordered direct from TourEdge a stock 10.5* C721 w/ Ventus Red 5R.  I knew the Ventus Red profile would fit me bc it is butt soft/tip stiff.  I debated over which weight and flex and decided to go with the 58g weight and regular flex.  I loved the fact that the C721 was advertised as a driver head that sat square to the eye. A must have from the persimmon days.

 

Mine came with a 44.75" total length. Great. D3 swingweight stock. Perfect.  The Ventus shaft was light overall,  very stable yet kept the head from feeling that it was "trailing" on the downwing which was a concern of mine from a flex standpoint.

 

First 4 weeks I loved it. My old caddie swing from the 1960s produced consistent 220 yard "knuckle fades"  that ran an extra 10 yards with the lower spin.  From the "forward tees" this old guy was playing "bomb and gouge" hitting wedges to almost all the par 4s.  Golf was fun again. 

 

Then for 2 weeks the dreaded low lefts prevailed.  I realized the shaft was simply too light for my tempo.

 

Kudos to @Stuart_G...tried his lead tape trick that he often posts re his test whether light iron shaft weight could result in left pulls.  Found a roll of high density lead tape and applied (2) 5" x 1/2" strips directly under the shaft 4-5" below the grip EXACTLY where the silver stripes are of the Ventus shaft line...total weight of 10g  added but maintained a D3 swingweight... turned a  Ventus5 into a homemade Ventus6

 

Low lefts are now gone.  My knuckle fade is back. So is my smile. The lead tape will stay on the shaft!

 

Thank you fellas and a special thank you to @Stuart_G

 

 

 

>

Great to hear. I pulled the trigger on the driver. it comes tomorrow. 10.5 with rdx blue 60s. Cant wait to hit it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 14 replies
    • 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Discussion and Links
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Monday
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #3
       
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #4
       
      WITBs
      Aaron Rai - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brian Stuard - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Eugenio Chacarra - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Davis Riley - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brice Garnett - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Curtis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Richy Werenski - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Andy Ogletree - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Sahith Theegala - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Stephan Jaeger - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Chappell - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jonas Blixt - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Streelman - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Burns - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Matthew Wolff - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Gary Woodland - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Davis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Saunders - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Special Galleries
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Cameron putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
        • Like
      • 5 replies
    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies

×
×
  • Create New...