2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Tour Edge Exotics C721 Drivers! See What Members Are Saying!

The MOST ideal launch numbers I’ve ever achieved, and unreal on the smash factor. One round on course and saw the same results as on trackman. I can’t stand the sound of Ping drivers for reference, really enjoy the sound of Sim Max and M5 - and the Tour Edge sounds as good as anything I’ve ever hit. Diamana ZF 60 TX and Ventus Black 6 X have been my favourite shafts this year, but I currently can’t see a reason to bother replacing the stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.5

Tour Edge finally hit a Homer in the driver space. I’ve NEVER seen consistent 1.49 to 1.50 smash factor on any other driver setup.  

5A19C37E-92D0-483B-A218-46225F206452.jpeg

98D4C9F0-EED4-407A-97D7-CF3CD4BB78D7.jpeg

5EF6255A-E305-4947-B485-EA45BF024A62.jpeg

BC0BC1C9-25FF-4BAB-8F33-1B1A3807E695.jpeg

E59EB6D8-9DBE-478D-A088-061D0E36B950.jpeg

• Like 1

I also have had better luck with the stock RDX shaft than any other shaft I've tried. That was surprising but it is what it is. Fantastic driver and several months in and the honeymoon period hasn't ended.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, rlb4 said:

The stock Ventus with the C721 is not a Velocore.

Much appreciated. Have since gathered a little info that it's a halfway house, hence a 40t not the full fat 70t. More likely an improvement on the TM made for ventus which isn't that bad to be fair.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:30 AM, MillerLowLife said:

I'd probably email customer service which for them is [email protected] - they responded to my request for a new head weight within the hour and only need a couple extra hours to decide and confirm payment on a new head weight. They've been really good to work with and I'd imagine they'd do the same with you if you email with any concerns about testing/money back.

Played another men's league round yesterday. I only take driver out on 3 holes; 1st a par 5, 7th a par4, 8th a par 5, and 9 a par 4. Last 2 are two of the hardest holes based on handicap. Hit 3 perfect drives on 3/4 and in the fairway and set up more great looks at birdie. The missed fairway I blew through but ended up with a birdie. The first bends around a tall tree in the last 100 yards so it really protects the green if you're not on the left side of the fairway. Hit a nice 5 yard cut on the left side and had a great look at eagle but ended with a 3-putt. Unfortunately, driver won't help me out on first green jitters with the putter. Sunk a birdie putt on the next hole at least. Hole 8 is the par 5 I eagled last week and had an even longer drive this week. Had 225y into the green last week when I hit the green and 187 this week. Maybe a 10y difference in pin placements but I got quick in my transition and flared my shot out right into the bunker, ended with par. Hole 9 is a long par 4 and another great shot put me in place for a great approach look with a pitching wedge placed to about 12ft behind.

Been a great driver for me. I've really enjoyed the new shaft playing at 45" and the new 18g weight was a noticeable change to where I could feel where and what the club face was doing. Should be a deadly combo for me. I haven't had this much confidence in my driver setup+swing in multiple years.

how is this combo working for you?  

I have a g425 lst with a smoke green tx.  Keeps me in the fairway all day but I’m giving up 5 mph ball speed to other club heads in centered strikes

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 11:22 PM, Pnwpingi210 said:

how is this combo working for you?  

I have a g425 lst with a smoke green tx.  Keeps me in the fairway all day but I’m giving up 5 mph ball speed to other club heads in centered strikes

It's been great. I'm really glad I picked up the used shaft off the forums. Only downside for me is the shaft had to be slightly extended to even hit 45'' and I'd prefer 45.25 - 45.5 playing length. Also not sure if I posted in here but I did end up ordering the heaviest weight TE offers to change out in the head. Really helped feel wise and suggest it for others playing around with feel.

I haven't been able to play much here in Utah since October. I will say that if my swing is working I don't notice any loss in distance. Probably swung clubs twice in the past 3 months and swing has been feeling horrible for various reasons outside of golf. I live on the toe side right now tho and its rough but hoping once it warms up enough to practice outside, I'll be able to get reps in again.

I'm going out this weekend now that it's starting to warm up a bit. I'll definitely be looking to stick with this shaft at a longer length in the future if it makes sense.  

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, MillerLowLife said:

Well, I cracked it. Didn’t think this would happen. Warming up on the range on Saturday before a 2-man scramble and heard a weird sound like I was hitting a wiffle ball.

already started the warranty process and has been smooth so far.

CB566153-56C7-4E78-B472-602E7A39C261.jpeg

D1CC8FB9-4DFE-41E4-A239-9B9E71360C72.jpeg

E8D1C2F1-1F3F-4FA9-AE26-D7D879C29C39.jpeg

Tour Edge is the best when it comes to customer service. 

OTOH that is a strange place to fail? Where did you make contact the last couple of shots you hit and what is your (honest) swing speed?

On 4/20/2022 at 9:33 AM, Double Dodger said:

Tour Edge is the best when it comes to customer service. 

OTOH that is a strange place to fail? Where did you make contact the last couple of shots you hit and what is your (honest) swing speed?

I thought so too. I know a made contact with the face but felt like it had nothing behind it. I been hitting everything on the toe side of the face and but much of them are on the high toe side of the face. Can't say "I've been battling an over the top move" because I don't think I've been winning any fights. I will say, after breaking the driver, I brought my old Mizuno out and got back to basics and know how to fix it so I'm hopeful this wont happen when I get it back. I really like the combo I have right now with my hulk green hzrdus shaft. 

I had the Sim driver and blew the top off with this same repeated move (high toe). I recently went back and rewatched a couple old swing lessons that were recorded to remind myself how to fix it.

I get on a trackman maybe 1-2x a month, at least in the winter I was, swing felt like crap then but I'm consistently 115-118 range on my swings and 120 when I step on it. I feel like that will increase without the over the top move as I use to be able to get 125 without problems and 45.5'' driver but maybe that's a pipe dream lol. I also play this driver at 45''. 

On 4/23/2022 at 11:16 PM, MillerLowLife said:

I thought so too. I know a made contact with the face but felt like it had nothing behind it. I been hitting everything on the toe side of the face and but much of them are on the high toe side of the face. Can't say "I've been battling an over the top move" because I don't think I've been winning any fights. I will say, after breaking the driver, I brought my old Mizuno out and got back to basics and know how to fix it so I'm hopeful this wont happen when I get it back. I really like the combo I have right now with my hulk green hzrdus shaft. 

I had the Sim driver and blew the top off with this same repeated move (high toe). I recently went back and rewatched a couple old swing lessons that were recorded to remind myself how to fix it.

I get on a trackman maybe 1-2x a month, at least in the winter I was, swing felt like crap then but I'm consistently 115-118 range on my swings and 120 when I step on it. I feel like that will increase without the over the top move as I use to be able to get 125 without problems and 45.5'' driver but maybe that's a pipe dream lol. I also play this driver at 45''. 

Heads can be defective. No one’s perfect as they say. I’m sure TE will make you happy. 

14 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

Heads can be defective. No one’s perfect as they say. I’m sure TE will make you happy. 

Yeah, they've been great to work with. With how the progression of driver heads has been over the last several years, I almost expect them to crack or break at some point.

Edited by MillerLowLife

Sorry to hear about the head cracking.  I am one of the other testers of the C721 if you recall.  No issues with mine and don't expect any at my 93ish swing speed.  Hard to believe we've had these over a year now isn't it.

Still loving this driver and shaft combo.  Workability and forgiveness all in one.  Thankful I was chosen because wouldn't have selected this otherwise.  But will put TE at the top of my list when (if?) I ever get tempted to change out.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X