Rickie Fowler Receives Special Invite to PGA Championship

6 hours ago, TheIncelGolfer said:

"What does Rickie care hes got millions and a trophy wife *posts pic of Rickie chilaxing*"

Will these posts ever cease? A man gets purpose and satisfaction through his work, his competency, and his accomplishments. Money and women can only fulfill the small souled hedonist. It's just golf though, I suppose. 

why do you guys always post about rickies wife?  never had a attractive girlfriend or wife? for those of us that have, it wears off and it becomes normalcy. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently this has been confirmed.  Very kind of the PGA of America to throw a special exemption Rickie’s way; I always enjoy watching the old guys get a going away party before they take up their ro

He’s in enough commercials I’d of assumed he was there even if he wasn’t. I’m sure it’ll be a magical two days for him.

What I really hate is the overuse of the word hate.  Special exemptions for the undeserving are merely an annoyance. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, freeze16172002 said:

why do you guys always post about rickies wife?  never had a attractive girlfriend or wife? for those of us that have, it wears off and it becomes normalcy. 

Totally. Same with millions. After my first 10, the second and third 10 were just like meh. 

• Haha 1
On 4/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, TheIncelGolfer said:

"What does Rickie care hes got millions and a trophy wife *posts pic of Rickie chilaxing*"

Will these posts ever cease? A man gets purpose and satisfaction through his work, his competency, and his accomplishments. Money and women can only fulfill the small souled hedonist. It's just golf though, I suppose. 

A wise man once said " I spent most of my money on whisky and women. The rest, I wasted "

• Thanks 1
On 4/29/2021 at 7:01 PM, freeze16172002 said:

why do you guys always post about rickies wife?  never had a attractive girlfriend or wife? for those of us that have, it wears off and it becomes normalcy

Note to freeze16172002 and anyone who liked this post...best not to let said girlfriend or wife see this.  😆

Edited by Go Cougs
2 hours ago, Go Cougs said:

Note to freeze16172002 and anyone who liked this post...best not to let said girlfriend or wife see this.  

Maybe the jokes on them because their girlfriends are thinking “That’s fair because I decided to try banging an ugly dude for a change. Turns out they still don’t have a personality.”

18 hours ago, golfortennis said:

Hmmmmm

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31359276/phil-mickelson-undecided-special-exemption-play-us-open-torrey-pines

So maybe some guys do think about whether to accept or not.

I’m not surprised. People that have chimed in saying things like “you would ALL take the exemption”. “anyone would take it”. “if you said you wouldn’t take you’re lying”... Don’t be so sure of yourselves. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I’m not surprised. People that have chimed in saying things like “you would ALL take the exemption”. “anyone would take it”. “if you said you wouldn’t take you’re lying”... Don’t be so sure of yourselves. 

I don’t think you have a choice if you have sponsors, especially like he does. 

They expect you to be out there if you are qualified to play a big event. 

42 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I don’t think you have a choice if you have sponsors, especially like he does. 

They expect you to be out there if you are qualified to play a big event. 

In Rickie’s case I think that’s probably accurate... I can imagine Phil doing what he wants and possibly getting his sponsors to understand??? Who knows for sure.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TiScape said:

In Rickie’s case I think that’s probably accurate... I can imagine Phil doing what he wants and possibly getting his sponsors to understand??? Who knows for sure.

Well, Phil US Open is pretty much an 

Oxymoron 🤣

Sponsors don’t even want him out there stinking it up, complaining and doing antics. 

Plus, he got the stature, nobody is tellin Phil what to do. He like Paulie, doesn’t need to move for anybody,

C1D0DFDB-12C3-467B-8C15-335153C2D979.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2021 at 6:29 PM, freeze16172002 said:

thing is, you never had either

I’ve never had or have a beautiful GF, wife or millions??? 🤔 Nothing makes one look much dimmer than proclaiming something as fact that they couldn’t possibly know. 
*But you did make me laugh. So thanks for that!

Edited by TiScape
On 4/29/2021 at 3:29 PM, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

In a world that seems to reward A-Holes all too often with financial success, it's nice to see a nice guy like Rickie eclipse most his peers in overall financial and life success. 

Honestly your comment "I don’t know how you can root for Rickie" is pretty sour and reminds me of an old adage... if my dog doesn't like you then I probably won't either. 

If my dog doesn't like you I may have to shoot you....  fify.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2021 at 1:09 PM, TiScape said:

There's a massive difference in their decision making though.  Phil's career is basically done; I think he likely gets hot one week and gets a win or two in his 50's but his career is set.  He has the luxury of doing what he considers the proper thing.  Rickie getting  FedEx points could be the difference between him being fully exempt next season or not.  In his early 30s I'm quite sure he doesn't want to build back up from the Korn Ferry.  I've already expressed by belief that the exemption is ridiculous but I'd never argue that he should turn it down.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Cincy_Ken said:

There's a massive difference in their decision making though.  Phil's career is basically done; I think he likely gets hot one week and gets a win or two in his 50's but his career is set.  He has the luxury of doing what he considers the proper thing.  Rickie getting  FedEx points could be the difference between him being fully exempt next season or not.  In his early 30s I'm quite sure he doesn't want to build back up from the Korn Ferry.  I've already expressed by belief that the exemption is ridiculous but I'd never argue that he should turn it down.

Rickie will get every sponsor exemption he wants if he doesn't qualify for the playoffs.  Outside of the majors and the WGC events, he'll have a full schedule in 2022 if he so desires.  You'll never see him tee it up in a KF event.

2 hours ago, JaNelson38 said:

Rickie will get every sponsor exemption he wants if he doesn't qualify for the playoffs.  Outside of the majors and the WGC events, he'll have a full schedule in 2022 if he so desires.  You'll never see him tee it up in a KF event.

Players are limited in the # of sponsors exemptions they're eligible for.  Full disclosure though I'm not sure if he's eligible for some type of lifetime money list exemption.