Does anyone think that Jordan Spieth likes his Under Armour clothes?

On 4/29/2021 at 10:02 AM, JRS1939 said:

Any sponsor that stands with you from the top to the bottom of the basement that he was in,  he should be proud to wear 110%

I agree. Just to clarify, I'm ok with UA and have no reason to dislike the company or products at all. I don't own much made by them, but from what I can tell seems everything they make starts with performance as the top priority. For the price point my guess is they're hard to beat.

Everyone has their own style preferences and wouldn't golf be boring if everyone dressed like Ian Poulter (ok, maybe not).. but you know what I mean. It's nice to see players who don't "sell out" to the big $ (Rahm) and continue to wear what they like and play what they think is best for their game. I realize almost every club can be cloned, but I still like seeing a mixed bag. 

For what it's worth, my general observation is that most amateurs play the brands dedicated exclusively to golf and not big conglomerates trying to broaden their audience, grow revenue, etc... but then again, the other side of this position is that aren't they all owned by bigger conglomerates?

Glad we have some differing opinions, that's why I asked!

Edited by putterboy75
Clarify

To me he looks good, never stands out as looking great or terrible, just kind of modest I guess. Which I can appreciate. I like the navy blues and greys similar to how DJ has been dressing a lot as of the last couple years. I'm not crazy over the wild designs and hot pink hats and pants. I don't always think his hats have the best shape to them if that makes sense, sort of dad hat-esque if you will. But he may be a pinhead lol. My only UA item is my workout shoes which I like, but they don't really cater to the big fellas as far as the golf clothes go so I can't really comment on that. I like his sig model shoes, but I'm not a spend 250$ dollars on shoes kinda guy. 

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

3 hours ago, putterboy75 said:

Damn right... I actually 100% agree. Just to clarify, I'm ok with UA and have no reason to dislike the company or products at all. I don't own much made by them, but from what I can tell seems everything they make starts with performance as the top priority. For the price point my guess is they're hard to beat.

Everyone has their own style preferences and wouldn't golf be boring if everyone dressed like Ian Poulter (ok, maybe not).. but you know what I mean. It's nice to see players who don't "sell out" to the big $ (Rahm) and continue to wear what they like and play what they think is best for their game. I realize almost every club can be cloned, but I still like seeing a mixed bag. 

For what it's worth, my general observation is that most amateurs play the brands dedicated exclusively to golf and not big conglomerates trying to broaden their audience, grow revenue, etc... but then again, the other side of this position is that aren't they all owned by bigger conglomerates?

So with the backtracking in this post, can't figure out your new stance --- pretty clear in the first post you've got a problem with his clothes, now it's just he's a sellout and reading his mind you think he'd be happier wearing something different?  

What do you mean by most amateurs play golf only brands?  Plenty of golfers out there, in fact most, in Nike, UA, Adidas - that's what you see almost all the time on ams for golf clothes.  I wear Criquet shirts or shirts that are not made by companies catering to golf almost exclusively --- haven't seen another player in a Criquet shirt in years.  Smaller companies have become more common and able to succeed being "golf only" but not many and you just need to look at market share to know who is wearing what.

4 hours ago, putterboy75 said:

It's nice to see players who don't "sell out" to the big $ (Rahm) and continue to wear what they like and play what they think is best for their game. I realize almost every club can be cloned, but I still like seeing a mixed bag. 

Why? Who cares? And a mixed bag of what -- more huge corporations' clubs? This line of thinking is at best naive, and at worst hypocritical. 

5 hours ago, putterboy75 said:

Damn right... I actually 100% agree. Just to clarify, I'm ok with UA and have no reason to dislike the company or products at all. I don't own much made by them, but from what I can tell seems everything they make starts with performance as the top priority. For the price point my guess is they're hard to beat.

rahm signed a multi-year deal with callaway/travis mathew 4 months ago.... if you think he did that primarily because he thought callaway was better for his game and liked the look more than TM/adidas then i have a bridge to sell you

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 12:12 AM, putterboy75 said:

I'm curious to hear if others think Spieth likes his UA ensemble he wears head to toe....

If so, does he perceive it looks good? Or provides superior performance?

Have been trying to figure this one out for awhile, maybe I missed it (I haven't looked very long to be honest) but did he sign some multi-year deal early in his career that forces him to wear only UA?

I like Jordan and he seems like a very good steward of the game and its traditions, and he's appears to be humble and respectful (especially lately, I was happy to see him win again!)

But I cannot for the life of me figure out why he doesn't get out of this UA deal! 

Slow day at the office?

Ping G400 SFT 12*

Ping G 5W 19*

Ping G  7W 21.5*

Ping G410 5 Hybrid 25*

Mizuno JPX 923 HM HL 6-GW

Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport Mil Spec 340g @ 34”

Bettinardi BB1 350g @ 34”

I wear UnderArmour golf slacks almost every round and I have a couple of UnderArmour shirts that I wear pretty often. 

Their shoes suck but the pants and shirts fit me well and are made from super comfortable material. Also quite durable, which is nice because they're kind of premium priced.

But in any case I'm betting Spieth's UA clothing is custom tailored to within a stich of absolutely perfect fit. Doubt very much he feels like he's suffering in any way due to wearing what he's paid to wear. 

I guess by the question you're either new to the game or as you said never bothered to look it up.  Speith signed with UA when he was 19 and two years into the contract

signed a 10 year deal in 2015.  They aren't the greatest or the worst and for the record when Nike broke into the Golf game they made the crappiest Golf shoes money could buy 🙂

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I went through several posts and not sure how no one mentioned he signed an exclusive deal for something like $100m with under armour. Notice he has no other sponsors on his clothes, hat etc. I think he only has a bag sponsor because UA is paying him that much. He probably has some input on the clothes if he wants it, or maybe he just doesn't care. I personally would wear what he wears for $10m or whatever they pay him. The fit has improved a ton on UA stuff; the new stuff looks better than the new nike stuff to me. I'm in the minority I'm sure, but to me no one stands out in a good way fashion wise other than the guys wearing greyson and maybe gfore, all others it seems you could swap the logos and no one would ever know. By that I mean, the nike lover would buy a UA shirt if they swapped a nike logo onto it; they all make pretty nice but similar quality stuff. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 10:44 PM, soap1984 said:

I went through several posts and not sure how no one mentioned he signed an exclusive deal for something like $100m with under armour. Notice he has no other sponsors on his clothes, hat etc. I think he only has a bag sponsor because UA is paying him that much. He probably has some input on the clothes if he wants it, or maybe he just doesn't care. I personally would wear what he wears for $10m or whatever they pay him. The fit has improved a ton on UA stuff; the new stuff looks better than the new nike stuff to me. I'm in the minority I'm sure, but to me no one stands out in a good way fashion wise other than the guys wearing greyson and maybe gfore, all others it seems you could swap the logos and no one would ever know. By that I mean, the nike lover would buy a UA shirt if they swapped a nike logo onto it; they all make pretty nice but similar quality stuff. 

These guys would wear ANYTHING if the numbers were right and so would I  I'd be rocking a pink tutu if I got Spieth UA money to do so.  

• Like 1

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

He likes the way the paycheque looks in his bank account, 

I'm more of a nike guy but UA stuff looks well put together , its not like he is Brian Harman out there who needs to find a tailor 

• Haha 1

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

On 5/3/2021 at 12:42 PM, c7015 said:

He likes the way the paycheque looks in his bank account, 

I'm more of a nike guy but UA stuff looks well put together , its not like he is Brian Harman out there who needs to find a tailor 

Brian seems like an awesome, genuine dude - but his clothes look so bad simply because they are SO baggy!

• Like 1

I think what Jordan wears always looks decent and understated. I like UA clothes and mainly wear them for golf as they fit well for me and are comfortable.

I really don't like some of the Nike designs and remember thinking when Tommy Fleetwood wants to enjoy watching his hole in one at the Masters this year again, the horrific shirt he was wearing at the time will always be part of that history!

I don't know about JS, but I absolutely love my UA shirts.  Comfortable, moisture wicking, keeps me cool and they have some really cool designs and colors.  I really like wearing them during the summer when it gets hotter than balls out here in SoCal. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

UA is very good stuff and fills out most of what I wear to. I won't touch nike anymore but won't start a thread to harp on who does. It's money, plan and simple. Wish it wasn't but can't change real life. 

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

I think it's pretty hard to part with a brand that you are their top athlete in the sport and have a signature shoe deal with a big 3 sports manufacturer ( nike, adidas, under armour). I mean, not too many bigger stars are getting signature shoes, so to have a brand invest in you enough to make a shoe to your spec and sell it to the masses as their flagship shoe, that's a pretty good deal to stay in.